Daz Studio 4.9.2 Pro, General Release!

Comments

• RSand55RSand55 Posts: 155

I stopped the render at 4.5 hours. It was really slow rendering hair at high res. Did a low res render last evening and all was OK though.

I deleted the hair and rendered again and it finished in no time at all. Perhaps just getting bogged down with this complex hair at high res?

• holgerk77holgerk77 Posts: 0

I stopped the render at 4.5 hours. It was really slow rendering hair at high res. Did a low res render last evening and all was OK though.

I deleted the hair and rendered again and it finished in no time at all. Perhaps just getting bogged down with this complex hair at high res?

Same problem here.

After upgrade to latest version 4.9.2.70 the rendering with 3delight ist extremly slow :(

• RSand55RSand55 Posts: 155

Just did another high res render but with different hair and it rendered quickly.

It must just be the hair prop or bad lighting that caused the very long time.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,563
    Ruphuss said:

Content Management Service is running all the time even if studio closed

no valentina here

If it's called Content Management Service then it's Valentina.  PostgreSQL processes are not services and are called postgres.exe

• PetraPetra Posts: 1,143
    Ruphuss said:

no valentina here

If it's called Content Management Service then it's Valentina.  PostgreSQL processes are not services and are called postgres.exe

I just saw that I had it installed, I uninstalled it with DIM, do I have to do more?

Pet said:

So... I may be an idjit, here. I'm not sure. I've successfully downloaded and installed 4.9.2.70, my CMS didn't hang signifincantly, and I assume everything is working like it ought to... except:

Iray does not appear to have updated at all. My choices for Render Mode are "Photoreal" and "Interactive", but there are no options for blended Photoreal and Interactive, no Drawing modes, no nothing new. Any idea what I'm missing?

Where would those options be? In the Rendersettings?

They are in Draw Settings.

Thank you:)

Pet said:
    Ruphuss said:

no valentina here

I just saw that I had it installed, I uninstalled it with DIM, do I have to do more?

Valentina isn't installed with DIM, you need to uninstall from Control Panel, or set the service to Disabled.

• DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,812
    Pet said:
    Ruphuss said:

no valentina here

Valentina isn't installed with DIM, you need to uninstall from Control Panel, or set the service to Disabled.

Valentina should have it's own uninstaller, which should be in the same directory as the exe or in a subdirectory (I can't remember exactly, it's been awhile).

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,031
    Pet said:
    Ruphuss said:

no valentina here

Valentina should have it's own uninstaller, which should be in the same directory as the exe or in a subdirectory (I can't remember exactly, it's been awhile).

And don't forget to delete the Valentina database - uninstalling the software won't do it.

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

I'm not having any issues here.

I don't have any SQL installed, so make sure that isn't causing you (anyone having them) issues; try uninstalling all SQL items then seeing what happens - can always install again later.

• DigiDotzDigiDotz Posts: 508

Hmmm..  Getting a strange crash(?) during rendering.  Graphics card seems to give up and I get a blank screen/monitor goes into standby. I have to reboot to get the display back on. This is with only 1 figure loaded. This last crash? was when testing iray shaded in the viewport but it has also happened earlier when just  clicking on render...

the last lines of the log before rebooting below...

=======================================

0 (GeForce GT 640): Allocated 8 MB for frame buffer
    2016-42-26 22:42:45.645 Iray INFO - module:category(IRAY:RENDER):   1.3   IRAY   rend info : CUDA device 0 (GeForce GT 640): Used for display, optimizing for interactive usage (performance could be sacrificed)
    2016-42-26 22:42:48.639 Iray INFO - module:category(IRAY:RENDER):   1.6   IRAY   rend info : CUDA device 0 (GeForce GT 640): Prevent device timeout

• RuphussRuphuss Posts: 2,631
    edited May 2016

postgres.exe is running all the time in multible instances even with daz shut

now

how do i set the new draw style for aux viewport ?

i never use it on main viewport

and

black interactive is gone after rebooting system

Post edited by Ruphuss on

Does Task Manager show that DS has finished cleanup and shut down?  Do you have DIM running?

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    Pendraia said:

Cool video Kerya...but it says 4.8 at the top of the video. Does this mean the features are already in DS 4.8 and if so I wonder what has been added?

What you are seeing demonstrated here is the Publishing Partners Feature Plugin, which is "private", running in 4.8. So this is a plugin and not an update to 4.8 (in any case, of course, superseded versions of Studio are not updated). By the looks of it, this includes the version of Morph Loader Pro which enables import of subdivided morphs (HD).

Some of the features of that plugin have now been brought into 4.9.2, and presumably work in the way demonstrated by Josh.

Thanks for the info...

@Ram...lol! 

Pet said:
    Ruphuss said:

no valentina here

Ok, and how do I do that, I just swtiched over from iMac to PC a few weeks back and still getting used to it and finding things.

namffuak said:
    Pet said:
    Ruphuss said:

no valentina here

And don't forget to delete the Valentina database - uninstalling the software won't do it.

How and where do I uninstall Valentina and where to get rid of that database. I am only back on PC for a few weeks after iMac.

• ZarconDeeGrissomZarconDeeGrissom Posts: 5,412
    edited May 2016

jdfox said:

What has happened to the interface in 4.9.2?  The main pane (Viewport) is now partly hidden behind the righthand panes and timeline pane.  It's totally unusable. Tried to find out how to fix it and have lost the pane entirely and all my settings. Have gone back to 4.9.1 - and have, of course, lost all my original settings. This new version is a disaster!

Agreed, also you cannot dock any of the toolbars as well because it no longer resizes the area that you wish to dock the toolbars. 

BTW, my DPI is 100, and I do not have the compatibility settings for this program...Face it, you guys broke it.

EDIT! 

Nope, it's still broken, and the toolbars won't dock  regardless of the resolution! 

I have to upscale my desktop res to 1680x1050 But my native resolution is 1440x900! It's as I figured, someone assumed that everyone has a monitor with a native 1050p resolution and made the changes accordingly, irrespective of users under a native resolution of 1050p!So in order to restore function, you have to scale beyond your native resolution to at least 1050p!

Included with Daz Studio is a script named Update and Merge Menus. Please try running that script and then try again. Important: Do not run that script from a menu.

Pleas forgive my ignorance, I know this elusive 'Script' was discussed some time in distant history. Assuming this was the script to port the interface layout from the regular Studio over to the beta.

I've gone threw at least a dozen 'Change logs' and a few dozen threads that only mention it by name in passing.

Where is the script again? How should it be used?

Post edited by ZarconDeeGrissom on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 95,997

jdfox said:

What has happened to the interface in 4.9.2?  The main pane (Viewport) is now partly hidden behind the righthand panes and timeline pane.  It's totally unusable. Tried to find out how to fix it and have lost the pane entirely and all my settings. Have gone back to 4.9.1 - and have, of course, lost all my original settings. This new version is a disaster!

Agreed, also you cannot dock any of the toolbars as well because it no longer resizes the area that you wish to dock the toolbars. 

BTW, my DPI is 100, and I do not have the compatibility settings for this program...Face it, you guys broke it.

EDIT! 

Nope, it's still broken, and the toolbars won't dock  regardless of the resolution! 

I have to upscale my desktop res to 1680x1050 But my native resolution is 1440x900! It's as I figured, someone assumed that everyone has a monitor with a native 1050p resolution and made the changes accordingly, irrespective of users under a native resolution of 1050p!So in order to restore function, you have to scale beyond your native resolution to at least 1050p!

Included with Daz Studio is a script named Update and Merge Menus. Please try running that script and then try again. Important: Do not run that script from a menu.

Pleas forgive my ignorance, I know this elusive 'Script' was discussed some time in distant history. Assuming this was the script to port the interface layout from the regular Studio over to the beta.

I've gone threw at least a dozen 'Change logs' and a few dozen threads that only mention it by name in passing.

It's in \Scripts\Utilities in your main Daz Studio Format content directory - find it there in the Content Library pane and double-click it.

• DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,812
    Pet said:
    How and where do I uninstall Valentina and where to get rid of that database. I am only back on PC for a few weeks after iMac.

Copy the line below, paste it into the URL bar in Windows Explorer and press Return.

%programdata%\DAZ 3D\Content Management Service\databases

The database should be in there. It will be easier to goto Control Panel - Add Remove Programs or Programs and Features (depending on your Windows version) to uninstall Valentina.

jdfox said:

EDIT! 

It's in \Scripts\Utilities in your main Daz Studio Format content directory - find it there in the Content Library pane and double-click it.

Thanks. Looks like some extra steps will be needed if you had added rooms to your layout. Yea, that didn't do it.

AfterMenuImport_001.png
    1060 x 560 - 61K
    AfterMenuImport_001_MissingSomethingHere.png
    1160 x 780 - 147K
    AfterMenuImport_002_In48Layouts.png
    1040 x 640 - 59K
    edited May 2016

"Distribute Selected Bone Weights" Are you sure, I keep getting one of the same two errors no mater what I try.

or

I've been fussing with this for a few hours now. What exactly was that "distributes the weights from the selected geometry of the primary selected bone among the other selected bones" supposed to do?

20160527_200_SimpleRig_001.png
    1780 x 720 - 103K
    Pet said:
    Ruphuss said:

no valentina here

I can not find any uninstaller, I start wondering if I ever had it .

edited May 2016
    Pet said:
    Pet said:
    Ruphuss said:

no valentina here

I can not find any uninstaller, I start wondering if I ever had it .

That is a distinct possibility. Way back in the mists of time, I think it was Studio 4.7 or 4.8, there was a run once thing that happened threw DIM that swapped it all over to Postgres for me when I updated Studio. At the time there was a major push to get people off of Valentina for a few good reasons, It was many cups of coffee ago. So this is what the task manager may look like if your running Postgres instead of Valentina. The amount of ram used may very depending on how much stuff is in your content library, and I'm not sure about the number of them, I never really worried about how many instances of it there is.

(EDIT) Here is the rest of it, ContentManagmentService, and possibly Studio if that is running. Sorry for any confusion from the lack of that in the other screen-cap. I was looking for a screen-cap of Valentina, and I think I switched over back in Studio 4.6 days from the looks of what I can find. (Fixmypcmike posted as I was typing this).

PostgresOnWin7_WithManyOtherThingsRunningAsWell_lbl1crop1.png
    650 x 280 - 9K
    PostgresOnWin7_TheRestOfIt_lbl1.png
    650 x 260 - 9K

The switch to PostgreSQL did not uninstall the Valentina CMS.

You may be correct, all I know is that Valentena stopped running all the time and consuming vast amounts of my ram, way way way back, on win XP 32bit, lol.

http://helpdaz.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/207530503-PostgreSQL-FAQ#q2

That may be of some remote help, tho some of the over simplified bullet-points may need to be further explained. I see a hint at Studio 4.6.3.50 as a possible switchover, so I may not have a copy of Valentina lingering here (if it was on the old 36GB raptor drive).

It may be the "What is PostgreSQL Conversion from Valentina CMS?" that I'm thinking of in error. If I understand that correctly, you don't need to uninstall Valentina to switch to using PostgreSQL?

You may be correct, all I know is that Valentena stopped running all the time and consuming vast amounts of my ram, way way way back, on win XP 32bit, lol.

http://helpdaz.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/207530503-PostgreSQL-FAQ#q2

That may be of some remote help, tho some of the over simplified bullet-points may need to be further explained. I see a hint at Studio 4.6.3.50 as a possible switchover, so I may not have a copy of Valentina lingering here (if it was on the old 36GB raptor drive).

It may be the "What is PostgreSQL Conversion from Valentina CMS?" that I'm thinking of in error. If I understand that correctly, you don't need to uninstall Valentina to switch to using PostgreSQL?

Correct, you don't need to uninstall Valentina to switch to PostgreSQL.  Remember that when PostgreSQL was introduced Carrara was still using Valentina.

edited May 2016

All right, going on the last note that you may not need to uninstall Valentina, and it appears there is no stand alone uninstaller exe for it. I found nothing, except my old Starcraft maps.

Comparing install paths, I did note a few interesting things. That old drive has a version of studio that predates the minimum version needed for Postgre.

And there dose not appear to be a independent Postgre folder in the old drive.

However I was not able to locate anything specifically for 'MySQL' or Valentina.  I would need to swap out the CPU, RAM, and Graphics card if I was to try to boot off of the 32bit XP SSD, that just is not going to happen. I concede defeat, I have no idea where the uninstall would be hiding if it is not already where everyone else suggested as possibilities.

(EDIT, good point about Carrara Fixmypcmike, I had forgotten about that note from back then)

IMG_7476hs_WayBackOnThisDrive_ValentinaCmsMayLinger_lol.jpg
    1536 x 1152 - 1M
    WayWayBackWhen_32bitWasTopOfTheLine_lol.png
    712 x 578 - 39K
    WayWayBackWhen_PathsVsNewPaths_lbl1.png
    1180 x 280 - 44K
  • GiGi_7GiGi_7 Posts: 1,343

Time to connect  "the connect" is awful in the last general release of DS 4.9, a new torture style I believe, two or three minutes each time I open DS.

My smart content Store is dead and set this message: "Unable to fetch resources". The only big change that I did was uninstall DS 4.9 beta (the penultimate release)

In other hand, this is the first time that I enjoy using smart content, since two years ago I didn't want to know about it, but now I love it combined with Install pane and custom categories from content library.

• BurstAngelBurstAngel Posts: 761

Everything is too big in Studio, from icons to window panes, what happen and how do I fix it.

Everything is too big in Studio, from icons to window panes, what happen and how do I fix it.

That's the first-pass fix for the problem of having everything be tiny on high-DPI monitors.  Right click on the icon you use to launch DS > Properties > Compatibilty and tick the box for "Disable Display Scaling on High DPI settings" to restore the old behavior.