Daz Studio 4.9.2 Pro, General Release!

Comments

• Krelian said:

I have the same problem and i cant change the resolution cause im using a HD monitor and after the update everything is too big and it looks too crowded, and for last and no less i cannot use the Reality Render button cause the button for render is hidden in the screen and i cannot reach it; at least someone can help me to change the resolution because im lost in that part and i dont want to downgrade

Have you chnaged the DPI setting in Windows? Which version are you using?

• Project EByMProject EByM Posts: 0
    edited June 2016
    Krelian said:

I have the same problem and i cant change the resolution cause im using a HD monitor and after the update everything is too big and it looks too crowded, and for last and no less i cannot use the Reality Render button cause the button for render is hidden in the screen and i cannot reach it; at least someone can help me to change the resolution because im lost in that part and i dont want to downgrade

And Windows 10

Post edited by Cris Palomino on
  • Krelian said:

1804 x 1004

• Krelian said:
    Krelian said:

1804 x 1004

I'm  not sure what that is but I don't think it's the custom DPI setting.

• pkappeteinpkappetein Posts: 506

This version really messed up the Lib big time

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/73395/obtaining-data-from-daz-connect#latest

Also filed a bug report.

• This version really messed up the Lib big time

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/73395/obtaining-data-from-daz-connect#latest

Also filed a bug report.

As discussed in the thread, this isn't necessairly a version issue but may well be a local issue (system or workflow) interfering with adding items to the database - which would be a problem for any version of DS.

This version really messed up the Lib big time

Also filed a bug report.

As discussed in the thread, this isn't necessairly a version issue but may well be a local issue (system or workflow) interfering with adding items to the database - which would be a problem for any version of DS.

I answered in the other thread..  

• DaremoK3DaremoK3 Posts: 798

I have a technical question related to the system specs requirements for DS4.9.2.70.

For a Win32 environment it states that Windows Vista or above is needed (7 or 8 recommended).

For BETA testing purposes I have uninstalled DS4.6 (including Valentina CMS), and have installed DS4.9 (with PostgreSQL CMS) on a Windows XP SP3 x86 environment.  It runs fine, but I am getting fatal crashes through the QTScript4_DLL, and QTScriptManager while running a plug-in initiallized by scripting.

Is the QTScript management coding an issue in XP, and does XP not have the neccessary base architecture to work with the DS4.9 QT coding?

I am getting repeatable crashes, but plug-in author does not get any crashes using XP in a virtual machine environment.

If it is not Windows XP itself, what environment variables could be the issue that I should be looking at?

Also, to note; The PostgreSQL CMS propagates several processes in Windows Task Manager with one around 14K in memory while all the others at around 5K.  I have found that after crashes I need to delete the 14K one to eliminate all the others, or they repopulate over and over just deleting the 5K ones. - (This is with every use of DS4.9, and not because of the crashes.  If DS is closed normally, all instances of PostgreSQL CMS processes are deleted. - I only have to manually kill processes after a fatal crash to desktop)

Is this normal for the PostgreSQL CMS to utilize so many processes when the Valentina CMS only used one while in use?

• RuphussRuphuss Posts: 2,631

no news about interactive mode ram usage ?

• DaremoK3 said:
    Is this normal for the PostgreSQL CMS to utilize so many processes when the Valentina CMS only used one while in use?

Yes, that is normal. From DAZ documentation:  "Windows Task Manager will show about 7 instances of postgres.exe under Processes when DIM or DS is running". For example, I currently have 8 processes running averaging around 3000K each. Valentina ran constantly in the background as a Windows service but PostgreSQL processes are launched along with Studio (or DIM) and close when Studio or DIM closes.

• I keep getting this error when I start DS... (image)

I have uninstalled everything I know to uninstall, reinstalled manually and using the IM... keep getting the error. Someone please help me find out whats going on.

daz error.jpg
    543 x 160 - 84K
  • DaremoK3DaremoK3 Posts: 798

Thank you, Hiro, I must have missed that when I was reading up on it.

As far as Valentina, I never had it running at all times in the background.  I ran both DS, and the CMS from a BAT file which started the CMS service, then started DS.  When I closed Studio, the BAT file killed the service.  Basically, it is how the PostgreSQL CMS works now (I guess), but without the far more single processes running.

Personally, I prefer Valentina, and when I am done with beta testing, I am going back to 4.6 with my custom setup.

Regarding my previous post above with the QT fatal crashes.  Please disregard.  An update to the plugin solved the issues (no more crashes), so it wasn't environmental, only a small conflict. (directed at anyone who could have helped)

• paskaypaskay Posts: 7

in the latest ver 4.9.2.70 if G2F for example is exported as FBX file and then imported back the animation with aniblocks will not work

due to some name (morphs names atc.) changes made when exported.

• Did you change something in the FBX export? My Genesis People won't talk anymore after importing them into Iclone via 3DXChange? 

• janmclarejanmclare Posts: 32

Where is 4.9.2.70 cant find it in the downloads

• janmclare said:

In DIM or in your Prodct Library? It will just appear in DIM as an Update on the Ready to Download tab, labelled DAZ Studio 4.9 (OS bitdepth). From Product Library it will be on the Daz Studio 4 Pro page

I have a ticket open with supports,  where I show a movie and screenshots of what's all happening.

Here is my last comment to them.

Here is another situation. 
    You told me to look under the Files instead of products.. 
    I bought Autopsy and nowhere to be found under files, but it is under the Products. 
    So I need to keep looking under both... which is really a pain... I have over 1900 items bought, and only 737 are showing under the products and under files I have 1187

Then when I go to the Content Library (with all the folders) 
    when I search for auto only 1 item shows 
    But when I switch from Database to File, then I have more items showing, including the autopsy. 
    With so many products bought, Half of them i can't find, since the names are not showing anything etc.

---------

from another msg to them.

Here is a cam that I did, where you can see what i downloaded and then everything seems to be installed, but I get the Available Yes and Installed No 

janmclare said:

In DIM or in your Prodct Library? It will just appear in DIM as an Update on the Ready to Download tab, labelled DAZ Studio 4.9 (OS bitdepth). From Product Library it will be on the Daz Studio 4 Pro page

Its not in my products library ... there is only 4.9 pro

Never mind its there just labled as 4.9 buts its acutually 4.9.2

Just got to think..

Would I just be able to download everything with DIM,  and have studio install it?   or will it download again?

I remember that I tried installing something a while ago,  but you need to be online for that??  so i never know if it's downloading or installing your zip file.

• janmclare said:

Never mind its there just labled as 4.9 buts its acutually 4.9.2

Right, the labels reflect only the first two numbers (probably so web doesn't go mad(der) updating them at every release).

• Just got to think..

Would I just be able to download everything with DIM,  and have studio install it?   or will it download again?

I remember that I tried installing something a while ago,  but you need to be online for that??  so i never know if it's downloading or installing your zip file.

Connect won't do anything with DIM downloads, but if DIM has also isntalled Connect should use those files rather than downloading from the web - as long as they really are the same (if the DIM .duf files are uncompressed then they won't match the Connect versions, which are always compressed). However, I would do a test with one or two items first - this isn't working for me, though it is for others.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232

(if the DIM .duf files are uncompressed then they won't match the Connect versions, which are always compressed)

That "always compressed" is definite? OK, add one more reason I won't ever be temped to try Connect, thanks.

With CPA I make some custom packages,  that I install through DIM,  otherwise there is no way of installing it.  (other than by hand)

and I think  once you downloaded it with DIM,  DAZ looks at the folder,   and it seems to install right away..  

Problem is that you need to be connected  in order for it to work,  seems like it's checking some things.

Well  that doesn't work... If I install it throug the DAZ and downloaded with DIM, then it stays in DIM as not installed.

you would think it should update..

And even tried custom content  (created with the CPA)   but that will not show in DAZ to be installed.

•  

jdfox said:

What has happened to the interface in 4.9.2?  The main pane (Viewport) is now partly hidden behind the righthand panes and timeline pane.  It's totally unusable. Tried to find out how to fix it and have lost the pane entirely and all my settings. Have gone back to 4.9.1 - and have, of course, lost all my original settings. This new version is a disaster!

Agreed, also you cannot dock any of the toolbars as well because it no longer resizes the area that you wish to dock the toolbars. 

BTW, my DPI is 100, and I do not have the compatibility settings for this program...Face it, you guys broke it.

EDIT! 

Nope, it's still broken, and the toolbars won't dock  regardless of the resolution! 

I have to upscale my desktop res to 1680x1050 But my native resolution is 1440x900! It's as I figured, someone assumed that everyone has a monitor with a native 1050p resolution and made the changes accordingly, irrespective of users under a native resolution of 1050p!So in order to restore function, you have to scale beyond your native resolution to at least 1050p!

I'm running 1920x1080, I can't scale down the sidepanels, and if even one of them is open the CAMERA CONTROLS are cut off and I CAN'T PAN AND ROTATE. The VIEWPORT doesn't scale down to accomodate the sidepanel, instead it clips off on the right. I tried removing the side toolbars so that I can at least reach the PAN & ROTATE controls...

AND NOW THE DAMNED TOOLBARS WON'T DOCK ANYWHERE!!!!!!!! WTF!?

Please, for the LOVE OF GOD, can we:

REDUCE THE DAMNED WIDTH OF THE DAMNED SIDE PANELS - GET RID OF THE STUPID MIN-WIDTH CRAP THAT PREVENTS THIS!!!!!!!

SCALE THE DAMNED VIEWPORT INSTEAD OF CLIPPING IT OFF

HAVE THE DAMNED CAMMERA CONTROLS STAY IN THE VISIBLE AREA OF THE VIEWPORT

DOCK THE DAMNED TOOLBARS ON THE DAMNED TOP WHERE DAMNED TOOLBARS BELONG

OH, AND FOR THOSE, LIKE MYSELF, THAT TRIED MULTI-MONITOR TO GET PAST THESE STUPID WIDTH LIMITATIONS THAT MAKE IT UNSUABLE EVEN AT A 2:1 EXTRA-WIDESCREEN RATIO, CAN WE HAVE THE DETACHED VIEWPORT WINDOW ACT LIKE AN MDI CHILD SO THAT CLOSING IT CLOSES THE PROJECT INSTEAD OF KILLING OFF THE VIEWPORT WINDOW!!!!??????? I MEAN, IS THERE ANY VALID CASE FOR EVER CLOSING THE VIEWPORT, OR IS IT MORE LOGICAL/EXPECTED BEHAVIOR TO CLOSE THE PROJECT INSTEAD???

Thanks,

-S

I have none of these problems McDragonSoft  .

Got other issues, but more database related.

•  

jdfox said:

What has happened to the interface in 4.9.2?  The main pane (Viewport) is now partly hidden behind the righthand panes and timeline pane.  It's totally unusable. Tried to find out how to fix it and have lost the pane entirely and all my settings. Have gone back to 4.9.1 - and have, of course, lost all my original settings. This new version is a disaster!

Agreed, also you cannot dock any of the toolbars as well because it no longer resizes the area that you wish to dock the toolbars. 

BTW, my DPI is 100, and I do not have the compatibility settings for this program...Face it, you guys broke it.

EDIT! 

Nope, it's still broken, and the toolbars won't dock  regardless of the resolution! 

I have to upscale my desktop res to 1680x1050 But my native resolution is 1440x900! It's as I figured, someone assumed that everyone has a monitor with a native 1050p resolution and made the changes accordingly, irrespective of users under a native resolution of 1050p!So in order to restore function, you have to scale beyond your native resolution to at least 1050p!

I'm running 1920x1080, I can't scale down the sidepanels, and if even one of them is open the CAMERA CONTROLS are cut off and I CAN'T PAN AND ROTATE. The VIEWPORT doesn't scale down to accomodate the sidepanel, instead it clips off on the right. I tried removing the side toolbars so that I can at least reach the PAN & ROTATE controls...

AND NOW THE DAMNED TOOLBARS WON'T DOCK ANYWHERE!!!!!!!! WTF!?

Please, for the LOVE OF GOD, can we:

REDUCE THE DAMNED WIDTH OF THE DAMNED SIDE PANELS - GET RID OF THE STUPID MIN-WIDTH CRAP THAT PREVENTS THIS!!!!!!!

SCALE THE DAMNED VIEWPORT INSTEAD OF CLIPPING IT OFF

HAVE THE DAMNED CAMMERA CONTROLS STAY IN THE VISIBLE AREA OF THE VIEWPORT

DOCK THE DAMNED TOOLBARS ON THE DAMNED TOP WHERE DAMNED TOOLBARS BELONG

OH, AND FOR THOSE, LIKE MYSELF, THAT TRIED MULTI-MONITOR TO GET PAST THESE STUPID WIDTH LIMITATIONS THAT MAKE IT UNSUABLE EVEN AT A 2:1 EXTRA-WIDESCREEN RATIO, CAN WE HAVE THE DETACHED VIEWPORT WINDOW ACT LIKE AN MDI CHILD SO THAT CLOSING IT CLOSES THE PROJECT INSTEAD OF KILLING OFF THE VIEWPORT WINDOW!!!!??????? I MEAN, IS THERE ANY VALID CASE FOR EVER CLOSING THE VIEWPORT, OR IS IT MORE LOGICAL/EXPECTED BEHAVIOR TO CLOSE THE PROJECT INSTEAD???

Thanks,

-S

Close the Shader Mixer and Sahder Builder panes that are docked with the Viewport.

As an aside, you can manipulate the view without having to use the controls - ctrl-alt-LMB for orbit, ctrl-alt-RMB for rotate for example (Win - cmd-opt-MB for Mac). The full list of modifiers, and the ability to change them, are in Window>Workspace>Customise.

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214

Until yesterday I was using Studio 4.8 and most current version of 4.9 Beta on my laptop (Windows 7) and I am only using 4.9 (not beta) on my desktop (windows 10).  Since I really liked 4.9 on my desktop and the 4.9 beta was working great on my laptop, I thought why not bite the bullet and upgrade the laptop from 4.8 to 4.9..everything seemed to run fine yesterday.  Today BIG MISTAKE!!!  Today I bought Iven Pro bundle installed everything  with DIM and opened up DS 4.9 to give him a test run. First Studio had a hard time starting up and then when it did and I finally got Ivan loaded and rendering and studio just shut down and froze everything up, had a heck of a time getting the computer to shut down and restart, but when It finally did I started all over...open studio, load Iven and BOOM! studio just shuts down again!  So I decide to try DS Beta 4.9 ( have not installed the current updates for it) and it works absolutely fine...so what's the deal why does the current regular version just keep shutting down?  I didn't change anything at all from yesterday after I installed 4.9 and 4.9 build runs flawlessly on my desktop machine.  I am extremely frustrated now because up until this point I have installed regular versions and updates and betas and plugins with no issues...why is this starting to act up now?

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,031
    DaremoK3 said:

Thank you, Hiro, I must have missed that when I was reading up on it.

As far as Valentina, I never had it running at all times in the background.  I ran both DS, and the CMS from a BAT file which started the CMS service, then started DS.  When I closed Studio, the BAT file killed the service.  Basically, it is how the PostgreSQL CMS works now (I guess), but without the far more single processes running.

Personally, I prefer Valentina, and when I am done with beta testing, I am going back to 4.6 with my custom setup.

Regarding my previous post above with the QT fatal crashes.  Please disregard.  An update to the plugin solved the issues (no more crashes), so it wasn't environmental, only a small conflict. (directed at anyone who could have helped)

One other aspect of using XP - if you check the log you'll see that dzimageio.dll doesn't load. This is the module that handles most formats for maps. jpgs and gifs will still work, IIRC, but I think bmps and pngs (among others) won't. This was changed in 4.8 somewhere when support for exrs and such was added.