Daz Studio 4.9.2 Pro, General Release!

Comments

• BurstAngelBurstAngel Posts: 761

It worked! THANK YOU!

• takezo_3001takezo_3001 Posts: 1,914
    edited May 2016

Included with Daz Studio is a script named Update and Merge Menus. Please try running that script and then try again. Important: Do not run that script from a menu.

Yeah, ran it from the content folder and not the drop-down menu, and the only thing it did was switch around menu items, and did not restore snap functions, which has been standard since vers 1! 

No, I had to reconfigure my layout via DS 4.9.0 Beta and save the layout, and import it using 4.9.2, thanks anyway for the suggestion, but it appears to be broken as it's actually an anti-feature in opposition to DS otherwise superior GUI!

Seriously, that is one of many features that draws me towards DS, and if they were not virtual, several of my 3D programs would actually be gathering dust right now! wink

Post edited by takezo_3001 on
  • mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    DigiDotz said:

Hmmm..  Getting a strange crash(?) during rendering.  Graphics card seems to give up and I get a blank screen/monitor goes into standby. I have to reboot to get the display back on. This is with only 1 figure loaded. This last crash? was when testing iray shaded in the viewport but it has also happened earlier when just  clicking on render...

the last lines of the log before rebooting below...

=======================================

0 (GeForce GT 640): Allocated 8 MB for frame buffer
    2016-42-26 22:42:45.645 Iray INFO - module:category(IRAY:RENDER):   1.3   IRAY   rend info : CUDA device 0 (GeForce GT 640): Used for display, optimizing for interactive usage (performance could be sacrificed)
    2016-42-26 22:42:48.639 Iray INFO - module:category(IRAY:RENDER):   1.6   IRAY   rend info : CUDA device 0 (GeForce GT 640): Prevent device timeout

Use the Nvidia control panel applet and check the amount of memory the card is using, fan speed and temperature...that kind of problem sounds 'physical'.

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,040
    edited May 2016
    mjc1016 said:
    DigiDotz said:

Hmmm..  Getting a strange crash(?) during rendering.  Graphics card seems to give up and I get a blank screen/monitor goes into standby. I have to reboot to get the display back on. This is with only 1 figure loaded. This last crash? was when testing iray shaded in the viewport but it has also happened earlier when just  clicking on render...

2016-42-26 22:42:45.645 Iray INFO - module:category(IRAY:RENDER):   1.3   IRAY   rend info : CUDA device 0 (GeForce GT 640): Used for display, optimizing for interactive usage (performance could be sacrificed)
    2016-42-26 22:42:48.639 Iray INFO - module:category(IRAY:RENDER):   1.6   IRAY   rend info : CUDA device 0 (GeForce GT 640): Prevent device timeout

Use the Nvidia control panel applet and check the amount of memory the card is using, fan speed and temperature...that kind of problem sounds 'physical'.

I think that may be a texture issue; I had a small scene that caused my 980ti to go tilt like that. If I canceled the render soon enough everything cleared up OK. If I waited too long Studio locked up. I have my monitor on a second card, so I didn't loose the system. Try swapping textures and see what happens.

Post edited by namffuak on
  • throttlekittythrottlekitty Posts: 173

I went to play with the diffuse overlay options for Iray Uber, but only "Diffuse Overlay Weight" is visible, Color/Roughness are hidden by default regardless of the Base Mixing mode. Setting a base and overlay color with an alpha in the overlay weight does nothing. Am I missing something here?

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526

@throttlekitty

when you set value (more than 0) for Diffuse overlay weight, other properties  of Diffuse overlay turn visible. (Active)

(if weight =0, there is no effect about Diffues overlay, then these properties are set as  hidden in uber iray shader )

it is same about reflaction weight, etc,, when you apply value for these weight values, other properties which need for the properties,  turn active and visible)

• throttlekittythrottlekitty Posts: 173

Oh, I didn't even touch the slider. thanks!

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,309

I'm having problems with the scalling issue in 4.9.2.  I tried to apply the fix specified by DAZ Spooky but the compatibility tab won't let me change it!  The tick box is greyed out.

Without this change, the right hand half of the content library tab is missing.  Since I rely on the content tab, this is a major problem.  I'm running Windows 7.  Any suggestions?

Cheers,

Alex.

Studio 4.9 DPI Error.jpg
    528 x 685 - 107K
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,219

Uncheck the compatibility for Windows 7 option to get access to the individual controls, I think.

Uncheck the compatibility for Windows 7 option to get access to the individual controls, I think.

Richard,

This makes no difference, alas,  The only thing that does is changing the font size settings in the Windows control panel to the default 100%.  4.9.2. then works fine but the font size on everything else becomes eye-strainingly small.

Cheers,

Alex.

Richard,

This makes no difference, alas,  The only thing that does is changing the font size settings in the Windows control panel to the default 100%.  4.9.2. then works fine but the font size on everything else becomes eye-strainingly small.

Cheers,

Alex.

Richard,

I have now set the font size back to 125% and this appears to have fixed the problem, which is a trifle perverse but then this is Windows we're dealling with.  Thank you for your support.

Cheers,

Alex.

Glad it's working (for) now.

• DigiDotzDigiDotz Posts: 508
    mjc1016 said:
    DigiDotz said:

DigiDotz said:

No problem prior to installing the new Studio version, other than running out out card memory with gpu - although its an old pc that may be on its way out so it may be hardware issue so I'll try your suggestion.

namffuak said:
    mjc1016 said:
    DigiDotz said:

I think that may be a texture issue; I had a small scene that caused my 980ti to go tilt like that. If I canceled the render soon enough everything cleared up OK. If I waited too long Studio locked up. I have my monitor on a second card, so I didn't loose the system. Try swapping textures and see what happens.

you may be on to something there too, I notice a lot of...

"WARNING: libpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile"  in the log files.

• ZarconDeeGrissomZarconDeeGrissom Posts: 5,412
    edited May 2016

Here's a good one I just came across looking at another 'difficulty'.  What happened to the smart tab search thing?

I typed in the letter 'g' and I should have a lot more then nothing for that search.

I tried to change the letter to 'v' and it crashed. What is going on with this?

20160530a1_GraceDufPostReDL_StillDuplicateFileName_49ST_001.png
    903 x 1142 - 628K
    20160530a1_GraceDufPostReDL_StillDuplicateFileName_49ST_search001crop1.png
    908 x 1156 - 30K
    20160530_SmartTab_SearchByNameCrash_001.png
    537 x 509 - 15K
    Post edited by ZarconDeeGrissom on

The filter goes by whole words - to do a partial match you need to add colone-star at the end:

g:*

will find everything begining with g. I can't guess what caused the crash.

edited May 2016

The filter goes by whole words - to do a partial match you need to add colone-star at the end:

g:*

will find everything beginning with g. I can't guess what caused the crash.

That is very odd then. In 4.8 when I type 'g' there, the smart tab drops to just ones with 'g' in the name, and I get a drop-down list of suggestions just under the search-box.

I will give the more complicated method a try in 4.9 after the current render in progress is finished.

The crash is a tad odd as well, I have no clue what that is about and may be unrelated. I had just finished wiping and re-downloading two figures over in DIM, and DIM may not have finished closing down before I fired up studio, it's a remote possibility.

(EDIT)

No list of suggestions, etc. That is a few steps back from 4.8 if that is how it is 'intended' to work, lol.

Hmmm, I'm not sure what to make of that, lol.  Not the duplicate Grace's (there working on that), the rest of the list in the smart tab.

20160530b1_SmartTab_SearchByName48_001.png
    650 x 680 - 200K
    20160530b1_SmartTab_SearchByName49_veryLobotomised_001.png
    680 x 400 - 29K
    20160530b1_SmartTab_SearchByName49_veryLobotomised_002.png
    680 x 400 - 15K
    20160530b1_SmartTab_SearchByName49_veryLobotomisedAndSome_001.png
    700 x 720 - 330K
    20160530b1_SmartTab_SearchByName48_002crop1.png
    650 x 400 - 34K
  • DigiDotz said:

you may be on to something there too, I notice a lot of...

"WARNING: libpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile"  in the log files.

This warning is given by libpng which is a component of Qt. It's rather stringent about sRGB profiles in pngs and will flag them where it finds them to be "incorrect" (this is the profile, not the image, which will be fine). These warnings can be completely ignored. It's possible to "fix" the pngs, but only worth doing if your are a total neat freak wink

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,142

'g' is not (typically) a keyword (unless you've added it yourself - i.e. a userword) or an "autoword" (a set of special keywords that we automatically assign from things like the file name). The Files page of the Smart Content pane uses keywords as the default "scope selector" (see http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/referenceguide/interface/panes/smart_content/advanced_filtering/start#keyword). If you expect that the assets you want to find have a keyword that starts with 'g' you can use the ':*' (colon, asterisk) suffix to indicate "the specified character(s), potentially followed by more characters." If you want to use the name of the asset explicitly, rather than the keywords assigned to it, use the 'name::' scope selector instead (see http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/referenceguide/interface/panes/smart_content/advanced_filtering/start#name). Be aware, however, that using "name::" for Files can take quite a bit longer to return results because its using the 'LIKE' operator instead of 'tsquery' (this speed difference was the motivating factor for the change in 4.9.x)

edited June 2016

Thanks Cris Palomino, and the use of just the letter 'g' was a pore example, tho the lack of the drop down list is quite missed. It was just nice to be able to just type in a few letters (say "wa" for example) to get to "Wachiwi" without needing to type out the full name.

Especially with my difficulty remembering the exact spelling of some names. Without that drop-down list as the name is being typed, some names are going to be akin to cruel and unusual punishment to figure out how it's spelled.

Yea, case and point, what did I spell wrong... Google, help!

OK, Google is not being much help, I'm guessing I did spell that correctly 'Faylin'? There should be four of them for G2F, Spring, Summer, Autumn and Winter. They came with a bundle with a cool outfit with butterfly wings, I think possibly with a similar name.

20160530b2_Dial_SearchByName48.png
    650 x 530 - 92K
    20160530b2_SmartTab_SearchByName48.png
    650 x 320 - 99K
    20160530b2_SmartTab_SearchByName49_Faylin.png
    650 x 360 - 12K
    edited June 2016

OK, at least daz did not Nerf the search thing in the shaping tab (yet?). So provided the PA gave you an actual 'Dial' for the figure (not just an On/Off only duf thing), and you have the genesis for that generation already loaded into the scene, there is a way to figure out the spelling of some figures with tricky names.

Not faelin, failin, faylin, etc. it just needed another 'n' to actual give me a hint that I had started to typed it correctly. The demand on the CPU is a good point Chris, so I'm not sure what a good solution is for the smart tab. Obviously it will require a new workflow in the end.

20160530b2_ShapingTab_SearchByName49_Faylin.png
    680 x 720 - 190K
    20160530b2_SmartTab_SearchByName49_Faylin_withTwoEnns.png
    660 x 340 - 65K
  • trhancocktrhancock Posts: 37

Not faelin, failin, faylin, etc. it just needed another 'n' to actual give me a hint that I had started to typed it correctly. The demand on the CPU is a good point Chris, so I'm not sure what a good solution is for the smart tab. Obviously it will require a new workflow in the end.

Hi ZarconDeeGrissom,

I haven't yet installed DS 4.9 (have been looking thru people's problems with it, but will need to bite the bullet soon, as some new/updated plugin releases won't work with 4.8 e.g. Decimator and my just-bought Dynamic Clothing Control!)

So I cannot guarantee this will work with 4.9, but in 4.8 and below if you just click on any of the picture icons in the Figures section, and then hit a single key on the keyboard, e.g. F, it goes straight to the first icon whose name begins with F - and then if you carry on hitting F it will step thru all the F's. This is a basic funcrtionality which also works in the Content Library Products listing. Doesn't this work anymore? If it does, no need to use the search box!

Trevor

edited June 2016
    trhancock said:

Hi ZarconDeeGrissom,

I haven't yet installed DS 4.9 (have been looking thru people's problems with it, but will need to bite the bullet soon, as some new/updated plugin releases won't work with 4.8 e.g. Decimator and my just-bought Dynamic Clothing Control!)

So I cannot guarantee this will work with 4.9, but in 4.8 and below if you just click on any of the picture icons in the Figures section, and then hit a single key on the keyboard, e.g. F, it goes straight to the first icon whose name begins with F - and then if you carry on hitting F it will step thru all the F's. This is a basic funcrtionality which also works in the Content Library Products listing. Doesn't this work anymore? If it does, no need to use the search box!

Trevor

If you have yet to upgrade, Make a copy of the Daz Studio Zip (and the dsx file) in the DIM zip-cache folder (assuming you haven't already). Once you upgrade, the old version is gone forever and you can't get it back without a copy of that zip saved elsewhere. DIM will replace the old Studio zip with the new version in that cache folder. The zip will start with "IM00013176".

wow, dynamic clothing has been around since the dawn of time lol, or at least Victoria 4 days. So I am surprised that 4.9 is that much of an add-on crippler for the older Studio 4.8.

I've avoided just clicking random icons in the smart tab and using the keys (page-up/down, etc), as simply highlighting an item will mark it as 'not new'. It kind of helps me keep track of stuff I've yet to look at after a big order. The type in a letter with a file selected thing had been around in file managers going back to win95 (possibly win3.11, tho I don't remember for sure), I just never thought to try that in the smart tab before. It dose work in 4.9.2 Public Build.

I'm not leaving 4.8 64bit or 4.6 32bit for the scrap bin just yet.  I am fussing around in the Public Build, and that lets me keep 4.8 for normal use for the time being.

OldStudioVersions_001.png
    712 x 320 - 21K
    20160530c1_49_SmartTab_TypingLetterWithIconSelected_001.png
    1128 x 763 - 714K
    48vs49_GeometryTab_01001_DontDoThisAtHome.png
    1560 x 900 - 191K

sad...

here's part of the latest crash log. I wonder if its because I updated nvidia drivers before installing this version of DS

==============================================================================================

2016-00-01 11:00:04.931 WARNING: dzneuraymgr.cpp(261): Iray ERROR - module:category(IRAY:RENDER):   1.20  IRAY   rend error: Missing texture node_tex
    2016-00-01 11:00:04.931 WARNING: dzneuraymgr.cpp(261): Iray ERROR - module:category(IRAY:RENDER):   1.20  IRAY   rend error: CUDA device 0 (GeForce GT 640): Unknown code 0x2AF7 (while clearing cache in core_cuda_host.cpp:147)
    2016-00-01 11:00:04.931 WARNING: dzneuraymgr.cpp(261): Iray ERROR - module:category(IRAY:RENDER):   1.20  IRAY   rend error: CUDA device 0 (GeForce GT 640): Failed to launch renderer
    2016-00-01 11:00:04.946 WARNING: dzneuraymgr.cpp(261): Iray ERROR - module:category(IRAY:RENDER):

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

I see the "filter by context" box is clicked at the bottom - do you think that may have made the difference? That you don't have any figures with 'g' for whatever it is you have selected in the scene?  

Here's a good one I just came across looking at another 'difficulty'.  What happened to the smart tab search thing?

I typed in the letter 'g' and I should have a lot more then nothing for that search.

I tried to change the letter to 'v' and it crashed. What is going on with this?

uninstalling this release and going back to 4.9.1.30 for a while.

Lets see if the crashing continues, ,its like russian roulette -rendering in 4.9.2.70

edited June 2016

There was nothing to the right worth screen-cap-ing, would it realy make that much of a differance?

20160601a0_SmartTab_SearchByName49_Zayla.png
    1124 x 695 - 58K
    20160601a0_SmartTab_SearchByName49_Zayla_002.png
    1124 x 695 - 57K
  • jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

I really don't know. But if I check the 'filter by context' box, and I actually have nothing loaded, I notice that a few of the items in the list on the left disappear.  I just thought it worth mentioning in case that was causing your issue with no 'g' products appearing. 

There was nothing to the right worth screen-cap-ing, would it realy make that much of a differance?

• No, they changed how the entire search  thing works for good reasons, so now you don't get any results till you have finished typing in the entire name (full, complete, and correctly spelled). So my habit of typing in a few letters for names I'm not sure of the exact spelling of the entire name, no longer works.

It's good for keeping the smart tab from flickering when it is first opened (like it dose in 4.8), it's just not as friendly to use, lol.

jakiblue said:

I really don't know. But if I check the 'filter by context' box, and I actually have nothing loaded, I notice that a few of the items in the list on the left disappear.  I just thought it worth mentioning in case that was causing your issue with no 'g' products appearing. 

• RuphussRuphuss Posts: 2,631

i have the problem that now rendering a movie with iray loads a lot of  ram and stops rendering when there is no ram left

i have 16 gb ram and it goes up to 14 gb and i do not know how to get rid of it

the ram load stays even if i delete everything in the scene and theres not much in the scene

theres something not working as it should with iray movie rendering

i have now to check if its the same with image series