Daz Studio 4.9.2 Pro, General Release!

Comments

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    rbtwhiz said:
    marble said:

Where could I look for an explanation of what is possible with the new Iray Diffuse overlay and how to use it? Also the portals and Draw Style changes?

The 4.9.2 section of the New Features page would be a good place to start.

-Rob

Thank you!

• marblemarble Posts: 7,449
    edited May 2016
    Kerya said:
    rbtwhiz said:
    marble said:

Where could I look for an explanation of what is possible with the new Iray Diffuse overlay and how to use it? Also the portals and Draw Style changes?

The 4.9.2 section of the New Features page would be a good place to start.

-Rob

Thank you!

Well, that page tells us no more about the Diffuse Overlay than the promo page in the store tells us. Nevertheless, it looks pretty self explanatory and useful if you are able to create the masks in a photo editor.

One thing I did notice on the New Features page is Draw Style Maniplulation Resolution - that could be very useful for posing. I'm constantly switching between Texture and IRay Interactive modes in the viewport so I need to go and play with those resolution settings now.

Post edited by marble on
  • RuphussRuphuss Posts: 2,631

Content Management Service is running all the time even if studio closed

no valentina here

• ADAD Posts: 396

Where can I get the DAZ Studio update? There is no link anywhere?

• DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,909
    AD said:

It should show as an update in DIM (if you are using DIM), otherwise go to your Product Library in your DAZ store account.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    AD said:

Either with DIM or through your product library

https://www.daz3d.com/downloader/customer/files#prod_13176

• ADAD Posts: 396

OK, thank you for information.

iray interactive renders black no matter what i try

logfile

2016-17-26 11:17:01.956 Finished Rendering
    2016-17-26 11:17:01.987 Total Rendering Time: 0.64 seconds
    2016-17-26 11:17:03.766 Iray INFO - module:category(IRT:RENDER):   1.0   IRT    rend info : Shutting down irt render context.

cpu ram useage stays at 13gb even after clearing the whole scene

• WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
    edited May 2016

Still won't render anything. Just get black image.

Logfile

2016-41-26 10:41:35.086 WARNING: dzneuraymgr.cpp(261): Iray ERROR - module:category(IRAY:RENDER):   1.0   IRAY   rend error: Cannot render: found no usable devices.
    2016-41-26 10:41:35.086 Iray Render error: Invalid parameters (NULL pointer).
    2016-41-26 10:41:35.133 Saved image: C:\Users\WendyP\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4\temp\render\r.png
    2016-41-26 10:41:35.164 Finished Rendering
    2016-41-26 10:41:35.196 Total Rendering Time: 1.25 seconds

No idea what all that means!

Post edited by Wilmap on
  • SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    edited May 2016
    Ruphuss said:

Content Management Service is running all the time even if studio closed

no valentina here

Ditto - I went to Services and stopped it running and also set it to manual.  In a shortwhile I willbe looking to uninstall it, assuming I can find the right way to do so! :)

Post edited by SimonJM on
    Wilmap said:

Still won't render anything. Just get black image.

Logfile

2016-41-26 10:41:35.086 WARNING: dzneuraymgr.cpp(261): Iray ERROR - module:category(IRAY:RENDER):   1.0   IRAY   rend error: Cannot render: found no usable devices.
    2016-41-26 10:41:35.086 Iray Render error: Invalid parameters (NULL pointer).
    2016-41-26 10:41:35.133 Saved image: C:\Users\WendyP\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4\temp\render\r.png
    2016-41-26 10:41:35.164 Finished Rendering
    2016-41-26 10:41:35.196 Total Rendering Time: 1.25 seconds

No idea what all that means!

Go to the Render Settings pane, make sure NVIDIA Iray is selected as the Engine, and click on the Advanced tab. Are there any devices listed on the Hardware tab?

Hardware.jpg
    501 x 280 - 36K
  • WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917

Everything is set the same as it is in 4.8 which is rendering OK.

• DarwinsMishapDarwinsMishap Posts: 4,074

This version is running extremely slow while putting together a simple scene.  It took a full minute to switch from Texture Shaded to Wire Box preview on one figure with no hair or other props in the scene.  City Limits viewing pane is overlayed by all of the other tabs when they are not hidden, so it's very difficult to see what's in the scene (or changes) when the tab panes cover 80% of the viewport.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,849

So... I may be an idjit, here. I'm not sure. I've successfully downloaded and installed 4.9.2.70, my CMS didn't hang signifincantly, and I assume everything is working like it ought to... except:

Iray does not appear to have updated at all. My choices for Render Mode are "Photoreal" and "Interactive", but there are no options for blended Photoreal and Interactive, no Drawing modes, no nothing new. Any idea what I'm missing?

The new options are for preview drawstyle, not rendering. See the Draw Settings pane for nVidia Iray preview mode.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,849

This version is running extremely slow while putting together a simple scene.  It took a full minute to switch from Texture Shaded to Wire Box preview on one figure with no hair or other props in the scene.  City Limits viewing pane is overlayed by all of the other tabs when they are not hidden, so it's very difficult to see what's in the scene (or changes) when the tab panes cover 80% of the viewport.

Try closing or undocking the shader panes (Builder and Mixer) which are probably in the same group as the viewport.

• PetraPetra Posts: 1,143

So... I may be an idjit, here. I'm not sure. I've successfully downloaded and installed 4.9.2.70, my CMS didn't hang signifincantly, and I assume everything is working like it ought to... except:

Iray does not appear to have updated at all. My choices for Render Mode are "Photoreal" and "Interactive", but there are no options for blended Photoreal and Interactive, no Drawing modes, no nothing new. Any idea what I'm missing?

Where would those options be? In the Rendersettings?

Pet said:

Where would those options be? In the Rendersettings?

They are in Draw Settings.

Draw Settings Iray.jpg
    524 x 449 - 52K
  • kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526

If you serch new Render mode in render setting pane, You may not find it.  but if you open draw setting pane, then set Engine as  iray

you may find it .

drawsettings.PNG
    628 x 752 - 107K
  • PetraPetra Posts: 1,143
    AD said:

It should show as an update in DIM (if you are using DIM), otherwise go to your Product Library in your DAZ store account.

I used DIM but I could not see

The new options are for preview drawstyle, not rendering. See the Draw Settings pane for nVidia Iray preview mode.

Where can I find the preview drawstyle or the Draw Settings pane for Nvidia Iray preview mode?

Pet said:
    Where can I find the preview drawstyle or the Draw Settings pane for Nvidia Iray preview mode?

Draw Settings Menu.jpg
    592 x 275 - 58K
  • DAZ_SpookyDAZ_Spooky Posts: 3,100

You can blend from interactive to photoreal in the draw settings pane, which is also where you adjust the settings for the viewport (not just Iray drawstyle).

Note that NVIDIA does not recommend blend mode without a very serious set of cards (yes plural). After some conversations with them we changed the way the viewport works if you don't blend but just use photoreal. It should give you better responsiveness in the viewport mode. You should adjust the settings to fit your specific hardware. 

edited May 2016

jdfox said:

What has happened to the interface in 4.9.2?  The main pane (Viewport) is now partly hidden behind the righthand panes and timeline pane.  It's totally unusable. Tried to find out how to fix it and have lost the pane entirely and all my settings. Have gone back to 4.9.1 - and have, of course, lost all my original settings. This new version is a disaster!

Agreed, also you cannot dock any of the toolbars as well because it no longer resizes the area that you wish to dock the toolbars. 

BTW, my DPI is 100, and I do not have the compatibility settings for this program...Face it, you guys broke it.

EDIT! 

Nope, it's still broken, and the toolbars won't dock  regardless of the resolution! 

I have to upscale my desktop res to 1680x1050 But my native resolution is 1440x900! It's as I figured, someone assumed that everyone has a monitor with a native 1050p resolution and made the changes accordingly, irrespective of users under a native resolution of 1050p!So in order to restore function, you have to scale beyond your native resolution to at least 1050p!

Included with Daz Studio is a script named Update and Merge Menus. Please try running that script and then try again. Important: Do not run that script from a menu.

Post edited by DAZ_Spooky on
  • mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    marble said:

Is it my imagination or does the Studio user interface now account for high resolution displays? Mine is 2650x1440 and I'm sure the text was tiny before the update. Now it seems quite readable.

But it is not a real fix...it is a setting that does pass control back to Windows, though...it's a flag that tells Windows that the program is not high definition aware and allows some degree of scaling.

mjc1016 said:
    marble said:

Is it my imagination or does the Studio user interface now account for high resolution displays? Mine is 2650x1440 and I'm sure the text was tiny before the update. Now it seems quite readable.

But it is not a real fix...it is a setting that does pass control back to Windows, though...it's a flag that tells Windows that the program is not high definition aware and allows some degree of scaling.

I believe it is a W.I.P.

mjc1016 said:
    marble said:

It is step one. It is still being worked on. 

mjc1016 said:
    marble said:

It is step one. It is still being worked on. 

And  a very good step...I didn't mean to degrade or diminish it. 

• RSand55RSand55 Posts: 155

Has anyone noticed slower 3Delight rendering times in this version?

I'm doing a 3.2 k resolution render with uberenvironment2 which I know should take longer

but it's over 3 hours now just rendering hair in a portrait. I never remember the previous version

ever taking this long.

I'm doing a 3.2 k resolution render with uberenvironment2 which I know should take longer

but it's over 3 hours now just rendering hair in a portrait. I never remember the previous version

ever taking this long.

Nothing has changed with 3Delight since 4.9.1.

ever taking this long.

Nothing has changed with 3Delight since 4.9.1.

Something has changed...but I'm not sure where or with what.  It seems for some things, Studio/3DL will drop threads/cores.  Things that used to use all 4 cores are now using 1.   And this has been since 4.9.1.30 for me...I haven't tried 4.9.2, because it kept erroring out on download yesterday and I haven't tried to grab it today, yet.