MEC4D PBS shaders vol.2 -Released- [Commercial]

Comments

• MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,249

Nice ! 1 is ok 2 are better but 3 volumes ? , you are already a serious collector  ! hahah thanks a lot for the support  , I am sure you will enjoy it ! volume 4 , 5 and 6 still in beta ..

I ask DAZ to do that so you can grab it before upcoming new products next month . I may have soon also some more previews and testers for you so you can decide if you like to go with full product , that include new unique shaders, super sharp HDRI maps sets with scenes & cameras, human real morphs based on 3D scans and all cool stuff and more .. the fall is going to be very interesting and creative  in MEC4DLAND ;)

I am excited !

I just returned today from my summer break and back hard at work .. I spent the time discovering hidden places  .. you will not believe what I found .. from Nordic Castles to Tibetan and China monasteries for my upcoming HDRIs sets .. some previews below .. each set theme will have multiple HDRI from the location of subject , ready to render with all settings and cameras .. no more blurry HDRI backdrops and weak shadows .

I grabbed Volume 3 from Fast Grab, couldn't believe my eyes.  I think I own 1,2,3, and something else as well as some green samples.

jakiblue said:

And now I have all 3 volumes!!! mwahahahahahahhahahaaaaa!!! :D

some of upcoming sets HDR.jpg
    1439 x 876 - 669K
  • jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

The HDRI and scenes and cameras have got me VERY excited! I'm squeeing all over the place *grin* Cannot wait for those. 

I originally had Vol 2 of the shaders and used them ALL THE FREAKIN TIME LOL. So was VERY excited to see the other two on your sale - THANK YOU for that btw :D I think my fave shaders in Vol 2 are the two gun metal shaders - stuff like that is very lacking. I use them on all the guns in my runtime :D 

I'm pretty sure I'll never have to buy another iray shader set with these 3 volumes (except for ones you bring out of course) LOL

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,550
    I also have all three shader sets. They are great. Vol.2 and the Satin preview shaders get the most use. I'm excited to try the HDRI files, too. I use an HDRI background in lots of my scenes.
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,157

WOWEEEEE Cath.  Sounds like you had a fabulous time.  You know how to get folks excited that's for sure!  lol  XO

the two gun metal shaders are my all times favorites  , I use it too often .. 

I collecting my HDRIs all year long already but this summer I shot some of my favorites , each theme set will have own proper tonemapoing setting and proper cameras , and when you use models with PBR shaders it will blend so well . I shot them with Nikon D800E that does not have  antialiasing filter on the sensor so the iray filter don't blur it out when you render keeping it sharper than any other HDRI you used plus it have more pixels per sample , so it better match with the rendered models and of course the super dynamics from both light and ambient , I shot 40 photos at 36 megapixels per one HDRI 

I may be ready by then to include my chromatic aberrations physical camera for the more FILM like looking renders so it will be even harder to see what real what not but more about in new thread when the time comes .. as that is a lot stuff to talk about , but easy to use out the box .

jakiblue said:

The HDRI and scenes and cameras have got me VERY excited! I'm squeeing all over the place *grin* Cannot wait for those. 

I originally had Vol 2 of the shaders and used them ALL THE FREAKIN TIME LOL. So was VERY excited to see the other two on your sale - THANK YOU for that btw :D I think my fave shaders in Vol 2 are the two gun metal shaders - stuff like that is very lacking. I use them on all the guns in my runtime :D 

I'm pretty sure I'll never have to buy another iray shader set with these 3 volumes (except for ones you bring out of course) LOL

I know you do and I always love to see the good result !  you will have a blast ! also some HDRI freebies for testing out coming soon  

barbult said:
    I also have all three shader sets. They are great. Vol.2 and the Satin preview shaders get the most use. I'm excited to try the HDRI files, too. I use an HDRI background in lots of my scenes.

Thanks Richard , well you know why ? becouse I am so excited myself hahaha xoxo

RAMWolff said:

WOWEEEEE Cath.  Sounds like you had a fabulous time.  You know how to get folks excited that's for sure!  lol  XO

• XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421

I remember volume 4 is meant to have the organic shaders (which I'm hugely looking forward to), but what are 5/6 meant to be including?

#4 are woods , due to #3 was merchant resource , the number really no matter , the first finished will get the next number ..

I remember volume 4 is meant to have the organic shaders (which I'm hugely looking forward to), but what are 5/6 meant to be including?

• jardinejardine Posts: 1,197
    edited August 2016

if MEC4DLAND had an actual geographical location i would probably be en route now, to pitch a tent and wait for september.

those HDRI locations look like so exactly my idea of a good time.  the asian ones, especially--i can't even begin to tell you how looking at that preview makes me feel...

way beyond wow.  thanks!

umm...

is that the garden of the master of nets in suzhou we're looking at up there?

Post edited by jardine on
  • 18 years ,wow that's a lot. Congratulations and let's hope for at least 18 more :D 

Uh oh I'm glad for the heads up about September releases. Now I know what to save my money for.

• FrankTheTankFrankTheTank Posts: 1,131
    barbult said:

What are the Satin preview shaders, something special not released to the public yet?

• AtiAti Posts: 9,112

Grabbed all 3 packs yesterday. :) Thank you for the 70% off. :) 4 is going to be woods? Wow, can't wait for that!

• BlueIreneBlueIrene Posts: 1,318

I've got all three packs too now, plus the green ones given away on St Patrick's day. I keep meaning to follow your Facebook page (I'd swear I remember reading somewhere that you had one). Your plans for the future sound really exciting! Last night I did a render with the G2M mullet that you once gave as a time-limited gift, fitted to G3F. I used bright orange mats, and she ended up looking quite scary :)

• Picked up Vol 3 today for the complete set!

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,236

I grabbed Vol 3 to complete the set too - looking forward to the wood shaders and those HDRI's look well worth getting too.

Happy 18th Anniversary and thanks for the flash sale

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548
    barbult said:

What are the Satin preview shaders, something special not released to the public yet?

I drool over these all the time.  They are not out yet.  I think she did a preview for her twitter followers.  Sadly, I missed that one lol.  Looking forward to the full volume coming out that is very high on my must have list.

Thank you guys for the support , nice to see all back around in the thread 

Never Discuss Politics at the Office

Volume 2 shaders on shirt, vest, and wall. Satin shader on tie.

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

They look so real Barbult!  Great image too and I imagine very very true right about now lol.

Nice job @barbult

I tested today some of my new HDRI and make render , everything behind the 3D wall lamp is HDRI , everything in front are props from London street and Trees from into the woods 

vino_mec4d_2016_Nvidia_iray.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 952K
  • nobody1954nobody1954 Posts: 933

Bought these. Wow!!!!! Thanks MEC4D.

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

Holy Moly! I should have dropped by the commercial section yesterday. Great to see this thread active again...

Wonderful image, Barbult. I, too, frequently turn to the plaster wall shaders for backgrounds...

Protrait: Ivan Relaxing At Home 01, by L'Adair

(Walls, sofa and stool base, sofa and stool cushions, and sofa frame use shaders from Vol 2. The frames on the photos, I'm pretty sure came from Vol 3)

I've already got all three volumes, too, and spent a bit of time during the Flash-Grab helping people decide to buy. I was sorely tempted to get a few other things, the dragon armor and the dragon rider, but I managed to "just say no" as I don't really have a need for them. And that means I'll have a bit more money for Vols 4, 5 and 6! I've come to the conclusion I just can't live without iray shaders from Mec4d! lol

• FrankTheTankFrankTheTank Posts: 1,131

Unshaven 2 and your Volume 2 shaders are the best! I use the shaders everyday since I bought them several months ago, and now that I finally have Unshaven 2, I will probably get lots of use out of that as well. So many cool options for facial hair!

I can't wait for your organic shaders, really looking forward to those. I love "eyegore" on your website as well, I didn't realize you sold even more stuff there. Looks just like Marty Feldman from Young Frankenstein, well done! I'm sure I'll be buying that figure soon.

No! Thank YOU.. for the support ! 

Bought these. Wow!!!!! Thanks MEC4D.

Very nice , the plaster are one of my fav also 

L'Adair said:

Holy Moly! I should have dropped by the commercial section yesterday. Great to see this thread active again...

Wonderful image, Barbult. I, too, frequently turn to the plaster wall shaders for backgrounds...

(Walls, sofa and stool base, sofa and stool cushions, and sofa frame use shaders from Vol 2. The frames on the photos, I'm pretty sure came from Vol 3)

I've already got all three volumes, too, and spent a bit of time during the Flash-Grab helping people decide to buy. I was sorely tempted to get a few other things, the dragon armor and the dragon rider, but I managed to "just say no" as I don't really have a need for them. And that means I'll have a bit more money for Vols 4, 5 and 6! I've come to the conclusion I just can't live without iray shaders from Mec4d! lol

Thanks, I still Use Unshaven 2 too  .. Igor ( it pounces Eyegore lol) is a caricature character of Marty Feldman , one of my favorite movie from childhood and I watched the movie so many times .. I have some stuff on my own website but we can''t discus it here in the forum .. mostly oldies but still goldies 

Thanks for the support

Unshaven 2 and your Volume 2 shaders are the best! I use the shaders everyday since I bought them several months ago, and now that I finally have Unshaven 2, I will probably get lots of use out of that as well. So many cool options for facial hair!

I can't wait for your organic shaders, really looking forward to those. I love "eyegore" on your website as well, I didn't realize you sold even more stuff there. Looks just like Marty Feldman from Young Frankenstein, well done! I'm sure I'll be buying that figure soon.

edited August 2016

A curse upon you!
    devil

Well, not really. But you reminded me I hadn't been to Cath's website in a while... I ended up buying The Hunstman and the Hunk Megapack...
    angel

Post edited by L'Adair on
    edited August 2016
    MEC4D said:
    I have some stuff on my own website but we can''t discus it here in the forum .. mostly oldies but still goldies 

Oops. blush

ETA: In my defense, it won't mean I spend any less here in the DAZ store...

Post edited by L'Adair on
    L'Adair said:

It all looks great and very realistic.

edited August 2016

You know the RULES lol I think all my customers shopping here as much .. it is a family.. should be no big deal ..but still don't want to go into trouble with Richard.H cheeky

BTW I used Hunk textures on the image featured by Nvidia and the guy from Unshaven 2 promos , my favorite skin all times with Hiroshi head  , it looks so good on Gen2 male with mixed M6 +Gianni6 head 

L'Adair said:
    MEC4D said:
    I have some stuff on my own website but we can''t discus it here in the forum .. mostly oldies but still goldies 

Oops. blush

ETA: In my defense, it won't mean I spend any less here in the DAZ store...

Post edited by MEC4D on
    barbult said:

It all looks great and very realistic.

Thank you. blush

MEC4D said:

BTW I used Hunk textures on the image featured by Nvidia and the guy from Unshaven 2 promos , my favorite skin all times with Hiroshi head  , it looks so good on Gen2 male with mixed M6 +Gianni6 head

I thought that might be the case. Now if I can just get the Iray shaders close to what you used on that featured image! lol

• posecastposecast Posts: 386

Hey Cath, a long time ago you posted a freebie for a limited time. It was an 80s workout clothing set. The model had an 80s mohawk type of hair style. Is there any way you can send this freebie out again or charge money or show us how it was created? It is the PERFECT look!

Thanks so much, I just purchased all three shader sets too!