MEC4D PBS shaders vol.2 -Released- [Commercial]

Comments

• WOW! Cath, that skin shader looks awesome and so does the texture on the hood. Hyper realism at its best. Love your work!

• AlexLOAlexLO Posts: 193
    MEC4D said:

Tested some stuff out and retextured Dragon Rider with vol.2 and vol.3 , the skin on G2M is synthetic produced by Iray shader no color photo textures , HDRI for lighting 

Click for big resolution ;)

Like the Beatles said "I've got to admit it's getting better all the time" Looking so good & can only imagine the end results when everything is "perfected" ;-)

• MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,249

Thank you, I transfered the fashion leather into sort of suede , it picked the color from the HDRI that I used for lighting , the test was nice so decide to make a render . 

WOW! Cath, that skin shader looks awesome and so does the texture on the hood. Hyper realism at its best. Love your work!

Thanks Alex .! glad you like it

AlexLO said:
    MEC4D said:

Tested some stuff out and retextured Dragon Rider with vol.2 and vol.3 , the skin on G2M is synthetic produced by Iray shader no color photo textures , HDRI for lighting 

Click for big resolution ;)

Like the Beatles said "I've got to admit it's getting better all the time" Looking so good & can only imagine the end results when everything is "perfected" ;-)

• Another render using a majority of Vol 2 shaders, mostly on the elf warrior's clothing and sword:

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,550

This is Marie for Monique 6, Voodoo Queen outfit, and Voodoo Hut from the Voodoo Magic bundle. Of course most everything has been modified with the Volume 1 gold and Volume 2 shaders.

Great jobs ! 

@Barbult very nice job on the procedural fabric shader on the dress so unique 

• JeremyDJeremyD Posts: 265
    edited May 2016

The Gun2 shader works really well for armor! :) (pardon the graininess although I kind of like it with the fire) Really enjoying Volume 2 

render1.jpg
    799 x 870 - 956K
    Post edited by JeremyD on

I like the noise , sometimes it looks better than the cleaned render , Gun2 is my favorite for so many surfaces , that why I created the micro surfaces in vol.3 so it can be better controlled with  different effect for many other metals 

great job Jeremy and thanks for sharing !

MEC4D said:

I like the noise , sometimes it looks better than the cleaned render , Gun2 is my favorite for so many surfaces , that why I created the micro surfaces in vol.3 so it can be better controlled with  different effect for many other metals 

great job Jeremy and thanks for sharing !

thank you :) and ya, sometimes noise can add more to the image in a good way. reminds me of film grain

I was thinking the same , the film grain effect that we need sometimes for the desired mood of the scene 

MEC4D said:

I was thinking the same , the film grain effect that we need sometimes for the desired mood of the scene 

That would be lovely. Emulating film (with all of its flaws included) would add so much more realism. As you mentioned, renders can look too "clean" sometimes, almost clinical. 

I am working on some filters but so far for the black and white iray photography , old film effect etc.. grain would be no big problem , I tried to make a filter that would smoodge the render looking like oil paint but all still work in progress , so far I can diffuse the edges only .

JeremyD said:
    MEC4D said:

That would be lovely. Emulating film (with all of its flaws included) would add so much more realism. As you mentioned, renders can look too "clean" sometimes, almost clinical. 

• greymouser69greymouser69 Posts: 500
    edited May 2016
    JeremyD said:

I've thought this lately since I started playing with Iray.  Luxrender has film response and LOTS of different film stock to choose from too which is one of my favorite features of lux and it would be nice if Iray had it too.

Post edited by greymouser69 on

There is possible to set film response in Iray using Tone Mapping but not grain effects  , Usually I do render using Canvases so I have more options to set the final render than in DAZ Studio but for the quick or test renders I don''t bother rendering using canvases , but it would be nice to have things direct on the hand even for testing 

I would be happy if we have the function Shadow Color under Dome and Scene environment , according to Nvidia matte environment shader  it should be there but someone skipped it  :(  when you use well made HDRI where the shadows are bluish on a sunny day you get just ugly gray shadows not matching the rest and cost extra post work to fix it later there should the options like Reflection, Shadow Color etc..  using the iray matte function help but still hard to get the right shadow color to match the backplate photo or environment shadows 

JeremyD said:

I've thought this lately since I started playing with Iray.  Luxrender has film response and LOTS of different film stock to choose from too which is one of my favorite features of lux and it would be nice if Iray had it too.

• RenomistaRenomista Posts: 921

Didn't you wanted to post the Bone shaders here?

Now I missed them since I did not have notifications on for the other thread :-(

Yes but then I changed my mind as this thread has nothing to do with it lol  the deal  was first come first serve , I can''t post it anymore in the public  , sorry that you missed this 24h special !

Renomista said:

Now I missed them since I did not have notifications on for the other thread :-(

• RenomistaRenomista Posts: 921
    edited May 2016

duplicate

Post edited by Renomista on
  • SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634

out of interest Cath what Vol are the Bone shaders with?

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,550
    Szark said:

out of interest Cath what Vol are the Bone shaders with?

My guess is Volume 5, because that is the name of the folder they are in.

ok cheers barbult

I am already at vol.6 lol just working on all of them of the same time doing research and stuff  

so building slowly my library and the first one that is finished will be released , vol.5 is for Human parts 

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214
    MEC4D said:

Yes but then I changed my mind as this thread has nothing to do with it lol  the deal  was first come first serve , I can''t post it anymore in the public  , sorry that you missed this 24h special !

Renomista said:

Yes I missed them too because I thought the link was to be posted in this thread, but I will get them when the human parts volume is released smiley

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,157

Human pack is high on my bucket list, first actually!  Looking forward to that one hon!  heart

• SorelSorel Posts: 1,390

I did 2 versions of this scene. I replaced almost all of the materials with stuff from all 3 PBR volumes and converted them to octane. The liquids are my own materials. from volume 3 I used mostly steal for all the metal objects, mostly polished and used. I used the paint walls matte, pyrex glass, polypropylene gloss black, plastic bag white, wood old lacquered dark, and settings from the cloth materials. one is lit with emmiters and one is lit with an hdri. Not sure which I like better. The hdri one is definitely cleaner.

liquid_lab_01.png
    2000 x 1125 - 3M
    liquid_lab_02.png
    2000 x 1125 - 3M

Fantastic conversion , I love the first one with the light emitters , very atmospheric and the light make it more interesting the second one is too clean it lost the atmosphere and is more plain 

great job Sorel as usual   

Sorel said:

I did 2 versions of this scene. I replaced almost all of the materials with stuff from all 3 PBR volumes and converted them to octane. The liquids are my own materials. from volume 3 I used mostly steal for all the metal objects, mostly polished and used. I used the paint walls matte, pyrex glass, polypropylene gloss black, plastic bag white, wood old lacquered dark, and settings from the cloth materials. one is lit with emmiters and one is lit with an hdri. Not sure which I like better. The hdri one is definitely cleaner.

edited May 2016

Sorry heart.. my bad not going to post outside  home anymore ;) 

Kharma said:
    MEC4D said:

Renomista said:

Yes I missed them too because I thought the link was to be posted in this thread, but I will get them when the human parts volume is released smiley

Thanks Richard kiss

RAMWolff said:

Human pack is high on my bucket list, first actually!  Looking forward to that one hon!  heart

Post edited by MEC4D on
    MEC4D said:

Sorry heart.. my bad not going to post outside  home anymore ;) 

expect a knock on your door then. :P  

edited May 2016

I was testing some stuff and made quick render , scene is made most of DS primitives , 1 closed cube , small cubes for the wood , only emitter light and some random props  and vol.2 shaders 

in place of the dragon bones I should put some old leather couch would be better  cave hehe 

render only 3 minutes and 400 iterations 

@Szark ,  cheeky don't forget the beer as I don;t have any :P

wine cave.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 989K
    Post edited by MEC4D on
  • BlueIreneBlueIrene Posts: 1,318

Another one that missed the bone shaders here, but at least I've seen a taste of what we've got to look forward to! What I really can't wait for are the wood shaders. I've never understood why a few more wood shaders aren't included with the default ones or why more PAs haven't leapt in to fill the gap - wood is one of the oldest construction materials going, and even today it's still everywhere. I know I'll be using the wood shaders all the time once they're released.

I'm using Volume 2 shaders in just about every render now and still loving them. Like everyone else, I love their realism, but what I don't see get a mention very often is just how fast they are. A must-have for anyone who uses Iray.