MEC4D PBS shaders vol.2 -Released- [Commercial]

1353638404147

Comments

  • WOW! Cath, that skin shader looks awesome and so does the texture on the hood. Hyper realism at its best. Love your work!

  • AlexLOAlexLO Posts: 193
    MEC4D said:

    Tested some stuff out and retextured Dragon Rider with vol.2 and vol.3 , the skin on G2M is synthetic produced by Iray shader no color photo textures , HDRI for lighting 

    Click for big resolution ;)

    Like the Beatles said "I've got to admit it's getting better all the time" Looking so good & can only imagine the end results when everything is "perfected" ;-)

  • MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,249

    Thank you, I transfered the fashion leather into sort of suede , it picked the color from the HDRI that I used for lighting , the test was nice so decide to make a render . 

    WOW! Cath, that skin shader looks awesome and so does the texture on the hood. Hyper realism at its best. Love your work!

     

  • MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,249

    Thanks Alex .! glad you like it

    AlexLO said:
    MEC4D said:

    Tested some stuff out and retextured Dragon Rider with vol.2 and vol.3 , the skin on G2M is synthetic produced by Iray shader no color photo textures , HDRI for lighting 

    Click for big resolution ;)

     

    Like the Beatles said "I've got to admit it's getting better all the time" Looking so good & can only imagine the end results when everything is "perfected" ;-)

     

  • Another render using a majority of Vol 2 shaders, mostly on the elf warrior's clothing and sword:

  • barbultbarbult Posts: 22,857

    This is Marie for Monique 6, Voodoo Queen outfit, and Voodoo Hut from the Voodoo Magic bundle. Of course most everything has been modified with the Volume 1 gold and Volume 2 shaders.

  • MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,249

    Great jobs ! 

    @Barbult very nice job on the procedural fabric shader on the dress so unique 

  • JeremyDJeremyD Posts: 265
    edited May 2016

    The Gun2 shader works really well for armor! :) (pardon the graininess although I kind of like it with the fire) Really enjoying Volume 2 

    render1.jpg
    799 x 870 - 956K
    Post edited by JeremyD on
  • MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,249

    I like the noise , sometimes it looks better than the cleaned render , Gun2 is my favorite for so many surfaces , that why I created the micro surfaces in vol.3 so it can be better controlled with  different effect for many other metals 

    great job Jeremy and thanks for sharing !

  • JeremyDJeremyD Posts: 265
    MEC4D said:

    I like the noise , sometimes it looks better than the cleaned render , Gun2 is my favorite for so many surfaces , that why I created the micro surfaces in vol.3 so it can be better controlled with  different effect for many other metals 

    great job Jeremy and thanks for sharing !

    thank you :) and ya, sometimes noise can add more to the image in a good way. reminds me of film grain

     

  • MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,249

    I was thinking the same , the film grain effect that we need sometimes for the desired mood of the scene 

  • JeremyDJeremyD Posts: 265
    MEC4D said:

    I was thinking the same , the film grain effect that we need sometimes for the desired mood of the scene 

    That would be lovely. Emulating film (with all of its flaws included) would add so much more realism. As you mentioned, renders can look too "clean" sometimes, almost clinical. 

  • MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,249

    I am working on some filters but so far for the black and white iray photography , old film effect etc.. grain would be no big problem , I tried to make a filter that would smoodge the render looking like oil paint but all still work in progress , so far I can diffuse the edges only .

     

    JeremyD said:
    MEC4D said:

    I was thinking the same , the film grain effect that we need sometimes for the desired mood of the scene 

    That would be lovely. Emulating film (with all of its flaws included) would add so much more realism. As you mentioned, renders can look too "clean" sometimes, almost clinical. 

     

  • greymouser69greymouser69 Posts: 499
    edited May 2016
    JeremyD said:
    That would be lovely. Emulating film (with all of its flaws included) would add so much more realism. As you mentioned, renders can look too "clean" sometimes, almost clinical. 

    I've thought this lately since I started playing with Iray.  Luxrender has film response and LOTS of different film stock to choose from too which is one of my favorite features of lux and it would be nice if Iray had it too.

    Post edited by greymouser69 on
  • MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,249

    There is possible to set film response in Iray using Tone Mapping but not grain effects  , Usually I do render using Canvases so I have more options to set the final render than in DAZ Studio but for the quick or test renders I don''t bother rendering using canvases , but it would be nice to have things direct on the hand even for testing 

    I would be happy if we have the function Shadow Color under Dome and Scene environment , according to Nvidia matte environment shader  it should be there but someone skipped it  :(  when you use well made HDRI where the shadows are bluish on a sunny day you get just ugly gray shadows not matching the rest and cost extra post work to fix it later there should the options like Reflection, Shadow Color etc..  using the iray matte function help but still hard to get the right shadow color to match the backplate photo or environment shadows 

    JeremyD said:
    That would be lovely. Emulating film (with all of its flaws included) would add so much more realism. As you mentioned, renders can look too "clean" sometimes, almost clinical. 

    I've thought this lately since I started playing with Iray.  Luxrender has film response and LOTS of different film stock to choose from too which is one of my favorite features of lux and it would be nice if Iray had it too.

     

  • RenomistaRenomista Posts: 921

    Didn't you wanted to post the Bone shaders here?

    Now I missed them since I did not have notifications on for the other thread :-(

  • MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,249

    Yes but then I changed my mind as this thread has nothing to do with it lol  the deal  was first come first serve , I can''t post it anymore in the public  , sorry that you missed this 24h special !

    Renomista said:

    Didn't you wanted to post the Bone shaders here?

    Now I missed them since I did not have notifications on for the other thread :-(

     

  • RenomistaRenomista Posts: 921
    edited May 2016

    duplicate

    Post edited by Renomista on
  • SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634

    out of interest Cath what Vol are the Bone shaders with?

  • barbultbarbult Posts: 22,857
    Szark said:

    out of interest Cath what Vol are the Bone shaders with?

    My guess is Volume 5, because that is the name of the folder they are in.

  • SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634

    ok cheers barbult

  • MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,249

    I am already at vol.6 lol just working on all of them of the same time doing research and stuff  

    so building slowly my library and the first one that is finished will be released , vol.5 is for Human parts 

     

     

     

     

  • KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214
    MEC4D said:

    Yes but then I changed my mind as this thread has nothing to do with it lol  the deal  was first come first serve , I can''t post it anymore in the public  , sorry that you missed this 24h special !

    Renomista said:

    Didn't you wanted to post the Bone shaders here?

    Now I missed them since I did not have notifications on for the other thread :-(

     

    Yes I missed them too because I thought the link was to be posted in this thread, but I will get them when the human parts volume is released smiley

  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,135

    Human pack is high on my bucket list, first actually!  Looking forward to that one hon!  heart

  • SorelSorel Posts: 1,389

    I did 2 versions of this scene. I replaced almost all of the materials with stuff from all 3 PBR volumes and converted them to octane. The liquids are my own materials. from volume 3 I used mostly steal for all the metal objects, mostly polished and used. I used the paint walls matte, pyrex glass, polypropylene gloss black, plastic bag white, wood old lacquered dark, and settings from the cloth materials. one is lit with emmiters and one is lit with an hdri. Not sure which I like better. The hdri one is definitely cleaner.

    liquid_lab_01.png
    2000 x 1125 - 3M
    liquid_lab_02.png
    2000 x 1125 - 3M
  • MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,249

    Fantastic conversion , I love the first one with the light emitters , very atmospheric and the light make it more interesting the second one is too clean it lost the atmosphere and is more plain 

    great job Sorel as usual   

    Sorel said:

    I did 2 versions of this scene. I replaced almost all of the materials with stuff from all 3 PBR volumes and converted them to octane. The liquids are my own materials. from volume 3 I used mostly steal for all the metal objects, mostly polished and used. I used the paint walls matte, pyrex glass, polypropylene gloss black, plastic bag white, wood old lacquered dark, and settings from the cloth materials. one is lit with emmiters and one is lit with an hdri. Not sure which I like better. The hdri one is definitely cleaner.

     

  • MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,249
    edited May 2016

    Sorry heart.. my bad not going to post outside  home anymore ;) 

    Kharma said:
    MEC4D said:

    Yes but then I changed my mind as this thread has nothing to do with it lol  the deal  was first come first serve , I can''t post it anymore in the public  , sorry that you missed this 24h special !

    Renomista said:

    Didn't you wanted to post the Bone shaders here?

    Now I missed them since I did not have notifications on for the other thread :-(

     

    Yes I missed them too because I thought the link was to be posted in this thread, but I will get them when the human parts volume is released smiley

    Thanks Richard kiss

    RAMWolff said:

    Human pack is high on my bucket list, first actually!  Looking forward to that one hon!  heart

     

    Post edited by MEC4D on
  • SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    MEC4D said:

    Sorry heart.. my bad not going to post outside  home anymore ;) 

    expect a knock on your door then. :P  

  • MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,249
    edited May 2016

    I was testing some stuff and made quick render , scene is made most of DS primitives , 1 closed cube , small cubes for the wood , only emitter light and some random props  and vol.2 shaders 

    in place of the dragon bones I should put some old leather couch would be better  cave hehe 

    render only 3 minutes and 400 iterations 

     

    @Szark ,  cheeky don't forget the beer as I don;t have any :P

    wine cave.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 989K
    Post edited by MEC4D on
  • BlueIreneBlueIrene Posts: 1,318

    Another one that missed the bone shaders here, but at least I've seen a taste of what we've got to look forward to! What I really can't wait for are the wood shaders. I've never understood why a few more wood shaders aren't included with the default ones or why more PAs haven't leapt in to fill the gap - wood is one of the oldest construction materials going, and even today it's still everywhere. I know I'll be using the wood shaders all the time once they're released.

    I'm using Volume 2 shaders in just about every render now and still loving them. Like everyone else, I love their realism, but what I don't see get a mention very often is just how fast they are. A must-have for anyone who uses Iray.

Sign In or Register to comment.