MEC4D PBS shaders vol.2 -Released- [Commercial]

Comments

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146

I'll take a swim and then enjoy that refreshing looking drink! 

• MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,249

I would do the same right now ! however I seeping some black cherry cocktail on the side zero % and looking at the river gif hahaha

RAMWolff said:

I'll take a swim and then enjoy that refreshing looking drink! 

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    MEC4D said:

Thanks !

after rendering 300 cards for the new metal pack decided to relax with a lemon cocktail and vol.2  [ obsession on the highest level ] cheeky

on the glass I used scratched glass for more touchy effect

on the ice actually ice glass for faster rendering

on the cocktail itself orange juice with slightly reduced SSS for more clarity

on the cherries I used Gummi bears gelatine 

melted ice - drinking water

and for the little plate fake crystal 

on the table I used brushed circular shader from the new  merchant resource pack

props was from Every Day Drinks

Oh that looks good enough (and sounds delicious enough) to drink :)

• RenomistaRenomista Posts: 921

Looks soooo great!

BTW: What is todays Vol1 Update about?

• Your Vol2 shaders look so good ! 

Love this thread, full of creativity!

• JeremyDJeremyD Posts: 265
    edited March 2016
    MEC4D said:

P.S  between rendered small gif with the New Stonemason's beautiful  Fern Lake set ( to be released soon ) and used one of the vol.2 volumetric water shaders for the Amazon river effect , I used 18 mm lens for the wide angle and HDRi for lighting

that is.. 

enjoy the Gif 

That looks great -- I thought I was watching the Travel Channel for a second. Very convincing!

And I love how the light hits the river, thus changing the color. 

Post edited by Chohole on
  • TabascoJackTabascoJack Posts: 865
    edited March 2016
    Renomista said:

Looks soooo great!

The documentation page says:  

•  2016-03-25 - Updated metadata, removed extra thumbnails.

but it's a 209MB update.  That's a whole bunch of metadata.....

Post edited by TabascoJack on
  • Daywalker DesignsDaywalker Designs Posts: 3,586
    edited March 2016
    MEC4D said:

P.S  between rendered small gif with the New Stonemason's beautiful  Fern Lake set ( to be released soon ) and used one of the vol.2 volumetric water shaders for the Amazon river effect , I used 18 mm lens for the wide angle and HDRi for lighting

that is.. 

enjoy the Gif 

Wow... Nicely done, and I hope to be able to afford a PC that can do renders like this soon.

• Renomista said:

Looks soooo great!

The documentation page says:  

•  2016-03-25 - Updated metadata, removed extra thumbnails.

but it's a 209MB update.  That's a whole bunch of metadata.....

DIM updates are always the full product download - that is one of the advantages of Daz Connect (in DS 4.9), it downloads only the modified files.

• NathNath Posts: 2,713
    edited March 2016
    MEC4D said:

that is.. 

enjoy the Gif 

wow... That is totally stunning.

*is stunned*

• FerretmaniaFerretmania Posts: 883

Wauw that is so stunning ! 

And I'm with you on the coffee part. Too much coffee over to many years... 

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    MEC4D said:

that is.. 

enjoy the Gif 

Wow... Nicely done, and I hope to be able to afford a PC that can do renders like this soon.

If your PC can install 64bit 4.8 or 4.9, it can do renders; of course, if it's (PC) old enough you might wait a birthday or two for it to finish. :)

• nicstt said:

If your PC can install 64bit 4.8 or 4.9, it can do renders; of course, if it's (PC) old enough you might wait a birthday or two for it to finish. :)

Well, I'm working on my second Iray render now with 64 bit 4.9; it's just that the current desktop is about 8 years old and needs a serious upgrade to be able to turn out some of the complex stuff I'd like to do with Iray.

The Q/A was finishing testing my vol.2 product the other day and found some internal additional thumbnails in vol.1 and edit metadata ..not huge changes in the product itself , more polishing the setup of  the old set.

Vol. 2 passed already Q/A and is awaiting release ..can happen every moment from now on ..will let you know as soon I know exactly

Renomista said:

Looks soooo great!

Thanks that is exactly what is happening ..  the moment the sun hit the water it change color 

JeremyD said:
    MEC4D said:

that is.. 

enjoy the Gif 

That looks great -- I thought I was watching the Travel Channel for a second. Very convincing!

And I love how the light hits the river, thus changing the color. 

The Stonemason Lake is very size friendly set so you  should have no issue with render it like that , I rendered only with 300 iterations per frame , right materials setting making things getting rendering faster  

and since I polished the shaders on the set you get the max performance even with just CPU 

MEC4D said:

that is.. 

enjoy the Gif 

• StonemasonStonemason Posts: 1,160

nice..is that water animated?...or you just rendering close anough and moving fast enough that it looks that way?

Thanks, the second one , sadly we can't animate materials in iray :(  I am rendering small video, but for the other shot I scaled up the water , scaled down the normal and moving the water model slowly while panning with the camera for slight moving effect since it is far away but the effect is nice . 

nice..is that water animated?...or you just rendering close anough and moving fast enough that it looks that way?

• SorelSorel Posts: 1,390

oh boy, I have funds set aside for this already. hooray payday!

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,926

Well the forum SW here is not emailing me about activity but it looks like with the bumps made a bit milder in expression these PBR skins will be primo.

edited March 2016

the last render test with the darker skin don't use any bump or normal maps at all  what is ok for indoor but not outdoor unless we wanna rubber doll

physically shaders react to  light condition every time differently from harsh to smooth that why they are Physically based shaders and I agree on the first test was kinda harsh with the bumps I can see it now when I progress , I guess I spent too much time with the stones and concrete lately lol  the final work need to be perfect so a long way of testing stuff out .

P.S make sure you selected the Star on the top of the thread .. to stay tuned

Well the forum SW here is not emailing me about activity but it looks like with the bumps made a bit milder in expression these PBR skins will be primo.

Post edited by MEC4D on
    edited March 2016
    MEC4D said:

the last render test with the darker skin don't use any bump or normal maps at all  what is ok for indoor but not outdoor unless we wanna rubber doll

physically shaders react to  light condition every time differently from harsh to smooth that why they are Physically based shaders and I agree on the first test was kinda harsh with the bumps I can see it now when I progress , I guess I spent too much time with the stones and concrete lately lol  the final work need to be perfect so a long way of testing stuff out .

I did select the star but it's not working. You've already made good adjustments on the african guy. I felt of the 3 you posted in that picture side by side the 3rd one was the best...of course being sweaty will cause bumps to be exaggerated more than dry skin.

Post edited by nonesuch00 on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,136
    MEC4D said:

The Stonemason Lake is very size friendly set so you  should have no issue with render it like that , I rendered only with 300 iterations per frame , right materials setting making things getting rendering faster  

and since I polished the shaders on the set you get the max performance even with just CPU 

MEC4D said:

that is.. 

enjoy the Gif 

Now there is a great collaboration - MEC4D and Stonemason!

MEC4D said:

I did select the star but it's not working. You've already made good adjustments on the african guy. I felt of the 3 you posted in that picture side by side the 3rd one was the best...of course being sweaty will cause bumps to be exaggerated more than dry skin.

Be sure you are logged in when you read the forums, so it knows you have visited the thread since the last time it sent you an email. (As far as I can tell, this is how it determines whether it is time to send you a new notice. It only sends one if you've visited that thread since the last notice it sent you, as far as I can tell.)

I made many photosession with African models and the skin range from dry bumpy to silky smooth and the sweat or water  actually smoot the human skin bumps out making it more translucent and not the way we use to render it, the harsh light is the enemy to any skin photography , that why in studio we use soft box so the light create as less shadows on the skin possible , of course when I completelly finish with the projects there would be a lot of different skin settings to choice from and in all color  palette for all nations , but until then I have to be wrong to make it right [ for references ] there is no good without bad ...cheeky and human skin is a dengerous area to enter in 3D and time consuming , I was even thinking how to overload the old sets with new settings for easy transitions , since I have couple of mmy  very good older texture sets I still use that could use some refreshing in Iray . Will be back on this after finishing vol.3 and Pure Metals what is very soon

MEC4D said:

I guess eyes and cameras don't work the same. The forum emails are working. I suppose it stops sending if one doesn't comment for a while and forum activity is high.

edited March 2016

We need to help eachother sometimes so you as customers get the best experiences , it is all for YOU at the end.

but I fall in love with this set from the first moment I saw it so there was no way I let it go withput putting my fingers into the shaders values lol kinda invasive , you know PBR obsessed here 

I would do it anyway for myself so no big deal .

When I was a child I spend every summer time at almost exactly the same Fern lake , it brings back my memory it was so close to the real thing I could not believe , due to a lot leaves falling into the water, it take the brownish clear color in the summer, and murky in the late spring , it was hard to swim in as the water was extreme soft but so good for the skin, in the render where I put the small boat , we had little camping place with a tent and jumping to the water from the rocks .. it was like 34 years ago

bellow photo of the real lake left side of it in early summer morning when the water bloom  ( ewww ) it cleared usually by July and render of the set

Btw if you missed check Stonemason commercial thread for this new set http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/74912/fern-lake-through-the-woods-commercial/p1

barbult said:
    MEC4D said:

MEC4D said:

that is.. 

enjoy the Gif 

Now there is a great collaboration - MEC4D and Stonemason

real fern lake.jpg
    1484 x 657 - 332K
    stefan-lake-animation-frame2.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 909K
    Post edited by MEC4D on
    edited March 2016

It's in another thread but appropriate for this thread too: Nik tools are free now but require PS:

https://www.google.com/nikcollection/

While I've never used the NIK collection I can't afford PS so I am trying this to get the NIK SW to work in GIMP:

http://bernhardhuber.blogspot.com/2013/05/using-niksoftware-in-gimp.html

http://registry.gimp.org/node/24977

OK, so on NIK Install I found it works with something like Photoshop Elements 9 which I got for free with my Wacom Bamboo Create but also that the above NIK plugins work by following the directions of Mr Bernhard Hueber except he left a few of the plugins off the list or used the 32 bit versions of the plugins, probably because the new plugins and all the 64 bit versions weren't available at the time he wrote the instructions.

So NIK Collection does work with GIMP in my tests.

Here is my updated ShellOut.py plugin file with all 64 bit versions of the NIK plugins from GIMP:

[code] 

programlist = [
      ["Analog Efex Pro 2", "\"C:\\Program Files\\Google\\Nik Collection\\Analog Efex Pro 2\\Analog Efex Pro 2 (64-Bit)\\Analog Efex Pro 2.exe\"", "tif"],
      ["Color Efex Pro4", "\"C:\\Program Files\\Google\\Nik Collection\\Color Efex Pro 4\\Color Efex Pro 4 (64-Bit)\\Color Efex Pro 4.exe\"", "tif"],
      ["Dfine2", "\"C:\\Program Files\\Google\\Nik Collection\\Dfine 2\\Dfine 2 (64-Bit)\\Dfine2.exe\"", "tif"],
      ["HDR Efex Pro 2", "\"C:\\Program Files\\Google\\Nik Collection\\HDR Efex Pro 2\\HDR Efex Pro 2 (64-Bit)\\HDR Efex Pro 2.exe\"", "tif"],
      ["SharpenerPro3", "\"C:\\Program Files\\Google\\Nik Collection\Sharpener Pro 3\\Sharpener Pro 3 (64-Bit)\\SHP3RPS.exe\"", "tif"],
      ["Silver Efex Pro2", "\"C:\\Program Files\\Google\\Nik Collection\\Silver Efex Pro 2\\Silver Efex Pro 2 (64-Bit)\\Silver Efex Pro 2.exe\"", "tif"],
      ["Viveza2", "\"C:\\Program Files\\Google\\Nik Collection\\Viveza 2\\Viveza 2 (64-Bit)\\Viveza 2.exe\"", "jpg"],

[/code]

You may need to change the default file format for HDR Efx Pro 2 & Analogue Efx Pro 2.

The HDR Efx Pro is not compatible with Photoshop Elements and for GIMP read this note from Mr Hueber:

"Note that I have not added HDR Efex Pro 2: The reason is simple, the HDR technique merges two or more images together, ShellOut passes only the current layer to the external application. Thus it makes no sense to add HDR Efex Pro 2.
    You can always drag 1 or more images directly to a Nik application. So just select 2 or more images, and drag them onto HDR Efex Pro2, and voila..."

Although you can still add it and it will start GIMP with one of the images you intend to use in a sequence. The work if actually done in the HDR Efx Pro though.

Post edited by nonesuch00 on
    edited March 2016

I paid for Nik tools Silver Effex Pro last year I think, but not installed yet on my new rig I use it mostly for my photography , I render final renders always using canvases so I am setting my renders in PS Camera Raw , it is easy as you don;t need to worry about lighting in DS just set up and render out and adjust the light in PS after rendering ( easy for people that can't see fast preview in view port ) you never can get wrong with lighting  I think it is the best thing for Iray Nvidia came with .. on top on that you can use in PS Color Loop with Film camera responses like Fuji and Kodak for perfection .. simple is beautiful with 2 clicks of a buttons ..the times that I spend hours setting up lighting is over , all you need proper HDR maps and photometric light in Iray and shaders , if any of that fail the setting of light after will be difficult as most materials will get overexposed if the color brightness get above the range 

I purchased a lot of sets where walls was set to 255 white color for iray or any color.. that will cause problem falshe global illumination and longer rendering time , the max white color  is allowed 240 unless the texture brightness is set correctly sonnext time you use any base color like red or blue make sure it is set on 186-187 at max and for snow white 240 max .. anything higher will turn into light emitting source and will be hard to adjust the light using canvases for the right balance without losing the details and burn the colors .

Post edited by MEC4D on
    MEC4D said:

I paid for Nik tools Silver Effex Pro last year I think, but not installed yet on my new rig I use it mostly for my photography , I render final renders always using canvases so I am setting my renders in PS Camera Raw , it is easy as you don;t need to worry about lighting in DS just set up and render out and adjust the light in PS after rendering ( easy for people that can't see fast preview in view port ) you never can get wrong with lighting  I think it is the best thing for Iray Nvidia came with .. on top on that you can use in PS Color Loop with Film camera responses like Fuji and Kodak for perfection .. simple is beautiful with 2 clicks of a buttons ..the times that I spend hours setting up lighting is over , all you need proper HDR maps and photometric light in Iray and shaders , if any of that fail the setting of light after will be difficult as most materials will get overexposed if the color brightness get above the range 

I purchased a lot of sets where walls was set to 255 white color for iray or any color.. that will cause problem falshe global illumination and longer rendering time , the max white color  is allowed 240 unless the texture brightness is set correctly sonnext time you use any base color like red or blue make sure it is set on 186-187 at max and for snow white 240 max .. anything higher will turn into light emitting source and will be hard to adjust the light using canvases for the right balance without losing the details and burn the colors .

I'm hoping they'll help me some and although a camera shop once bought some photos from me it was only because I was lucky and the light and clouds that day make the white marble of the Capitol glowing in contrast to the glowing grey clouds, that, and I had bought one of the last Nikons that still used analogue film on that work trip...

...but who knows...I hope NIK Collection helps me and others use the PBR shaders easier. It is a lot of reading I must to to learn how to even use the presets properly. smiley

I am going to show more examples in the shader pipeline and DS in common days so you can see what you can do with and how easy it is .. will prepare some real time tutorials