MEC4D PBS shaders vol.2 -Released- [Commercial]

Comments

• MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,249

Btw the Merchant Resource Pure Metals thread is up if anybody interested in own productions 

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/76602/mec4d-pbs-pure-metals-merchant-resource-commercial

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,890

I think the key to good architectural shaders is clever overlays so that small scale replicating patterns have larger scale deviations. Either using top coat or geoshell (or, heck, decals). The real trick would be patterns that work well together, rather than just, say dirt slapped on top (which is fine, but we already have some of that with other shaders)

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    MEC4D said:

For a moment I did ..but now I was just kidding with the comments

You see things are so simple that are hard to get  , the darkest place is always under the lamp

and I refuse to believe in your limits , you too creative and too smart for that

The Internet info today on this subject is mixed in all directions and in total chaos that grows up everyday and less sense it make

for that reason I unsubscribe from all the treads and study on my own as group of people tend to make stuff more difficult as it really is and consume more time and energy

PBR is less difficult than 3DL shaders, you just need to empty your cup and follow the simple path

Szark said:

Peace offering for what? I hope you didn't think I was having a go at you as I wasn't. I am just blunt. :)

I don't doubt myself anymore I just know my limits as it stands now. 

I get misunderstood all the time so I am used to it and grown a thicker skin in the process. Yes I agree solid information is hard to come by when not knowing what to search for but if you look long an hard enough and learn from it you start to see misinformation, or at least misleading, as it doesn't make sense. I started to make sense of basic PBR shaders early on. It wasn't hard to grasp first off.  I have learnt how weight maps can make life easier with predefined material zones on products and so much more regarding PBR  shaders in all modes, Weighted, Spec/Gloss and Weight/Rough.  It is the more advanced features that I need to concentrate on now which is why I asked simple straight questions, well I thought there were. :) I didn't want your secrets just an insight. Not everyone can afford to buy a lot of products they would like, the next best thing is to learn how to do it.  I used to buy products and reverse engineer them to understand why they did this and that. Times have changed. 

Knowing ones limits doesn't mean they are the limits of what one could achieve but more of an understanding on what direction one needs to push beyond those current limits. 

For that you need to build a new shader and not Uber Base mixer the way it is by default with that you can only trow dirt on top on the bottom or in the middle  , the only issue with your proposal is that each UVs set have different scale so sometimes you need more bricks than the dirt on the bottom but I am going deeper into it soon and see if I can create 4 full mixers that merge together to avoid geoshells and Decals 

I think the key to good architectural shaders is clever overlays so that small scale replicating patterns have larger scale deviations. Either using top coat or geoshell (or, heck, decals). The real trick would be patterns that work well together, rather than just, say dirt slapped on top (which is fine, but we already have some of that with other shaders)

You see I catch on some info that are not actually correct, Weighted  base mixer is not PBR , the moment you slide the weight you losing PBR  , I saw a lot of settings on other products that correspond well with the right values then saw the weight slide half the way down cutting the value in half already that is not how you do PBR ,  the base Gloss, Top Coat etc.. weight need to be on full , the right gray scale color and glossiness value will control it not the weight slider . Only if you create layers with 2 different materials you can use alpha maps under weight sliders to define the areas of the materials what are mostly black and white like cutopasity that should be also black and white without gray scale as it is for cutting the poly from the surface and not to create semi transparent materials as physical things like that don't exist in real world and it will slow down the rendering calculation process , there are really no big secrets but I don't share my studies too much online anymore it is my trade mark  and the results I keep for my customers and I spend months sometimes on study , I rather make a freebie than explain how to make it . The forum is too commercial for that , too much producers and so little ideas ...

Szark said:
    MEC4D said:

For a moment I did ..but now I was just kidding with the comments

You see things are so simple that are hard to get  , the darkest place is always under the lamp

and I refuse to believe in your limits , you too creative and too smart for that

The Internet info today on this subject is mixed in all directions and in total chaos that grows up everyday and less sense it make

for that reason I unsubscribe from all the treads and study on my own as group of people tend to make stuff more difficult as it really is and consume more time and energy

PBR is less difficult than 3DL shaders, you just need to empty your cup and follow the simple path

Szark said:

Peace offering for what? I hope you didn't think I was having a go at you as I wasn't. I am just blunt. :)

I don't doubt myself anymore I just know my limits as it stands now. 

I get misunderstood all the time so I am used to it and grown a thicker skin in the process. Yes I agree solid information is hard to come by when not knowing what to search for but if you look long an hard enough and learn from it you start to see misinformation, or at least misleading, as it doesn't make sense. I started to make sense of basic PBR shaders early on. It wasn't hard to grasp first off.  I have learnt how weight maps can make life easier with predefined material zones on products and so much more regarding PBR  shaders in all modes, Weighted, Spec/Gloss and Weight/Rough.  It is the more advanced features that I need to concentrate on now which is why I asked simple straight questions, well I thought there were. :) I didn't want your secrets just an insight. Not everyone can afford to buy a lot of products they would like, the next best thing is to learn how to do it.  I used to buy products and reverse engineer them to understand why they did this and that. Times have changed. 

Knowing ones limits doesn't mean they are the limits of what one could achieve but more of an understanding on what direction one needs to push beyond those current limits. 

Yeah I don't like weighted mode at all for those very reasons. Anyway I now know what I need to progress. I know understand the differences and what can be achieved with the other two modes. so all good here, I can learn a lot by sitting back and reading, but as you know very well we all need help sometimes with direct questions. :) Best to get back on Topic...can't wait to the next sales. ;)

No problem Pete  and btw I don't have good news for you all and got very frustrated moment ago , the release of vol.2 will be shifted to first part of April ..sun of a gun ! crying other way it will get between the catch up sales for March Madness and that would be not what I would like to see happening to my release .. not much of choice I got here anyway but as much as frustrating it is already the second option is at last better in this case so you need to stick with me for a little longer around until then , I will make it up to you I promise 

Szark said:

Yeah I don't like weighted mode at all for those very reasons. Anyway I now know what I need to progress. I know understand the differences and what can be achieved with the other two modes. so all good here, I can learn a lot by sitting back and reading, but as you know very well we all need help sometimes with direct questions. :) Best to get back on Topic...can't wait to the next sales. ;)

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,890

Well, on the upside, people are more likely to have money if it gets delayed a little. ;)

• RenomistaRenomista Posts: 921

Yes but buyng it for 30% off instead of 55-60% off will also make an impact in buying decisions...

• TottallouTottallou Posts: 555

Shame we won't get to play with the Shaders until April but I have a few March madness items to keep me going until then plus I should have more time mid April so it works for me :)

Not sure that only getting 30% discount will make a huge difference to peoples buying decisions when its a unique & high quality product like this on offer

• RenomistaRenomista Posts: 921

If we assume the Same Base Price as Vol1 (which would be a steal based on what is included) it is a differnce of 10$ if I read here how many of the regular buyers are on a tight to very tight budget this might make quite a difference.

Most here in the Thread will buy it anyway but thats (hopefully for Mec4D) not the majority of buyers...

• FerretmaniaFerretmania Posts: 883

It's not your fault it's delayed , besides, all good things come to those that wait right ;)  And I'm sure it's worth the extra waiting time heart

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    MEC4D said:

No problem Pete  and btw I don't have good news for you all and got very frustrated moment ago , the release of vol.2 will be shifted to first part of April ..sun of a gun ! crying other way it will get between the catch up sales for March Madness and that would be not what I would like to see happening to my release .. not much of choice I got here anyway but as much as frustrating it is already the second option is at last better in this case so you need to stick with me for a little longer around until then , I will make it up to you I promise 

Excellent news ... by then I should have saved enough to afford anaesthetic when I sell my left kidney ... devilcheekysurprise

• Squonk_99Squonk_99 Posts: 15

"shifted to first part of April" ! Are you sure this isn't an early April fools joke ? smiley

Every day I check my Daz email, hoping Vol 2 will be released. Don't worry, I'll be okay, once I stop twitching wink

• BlueIreneBlueIrene Posts: 1,318

Disappointed to hear of the delay, but knowing there will be one is good too. 'Not knowing' means chewing up time every morning hoping it's here. I dont think I've ever anticipated a release as much or as eagerly as this one! Take care :)

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,306

We do not know that March madness will end at the end or March, I think last year it overran by a week or two into April.

• XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421

Just went through this discussion's preview images and am utterly amazed... Blood and chocolate, particularly. The new way of rendering skin looks like it could be a game-changer.

Is the blood volumetric, so that we could create the illusion of gore underwater, after a feeding frenzy?

Very interested in the new ways to create corrosives and acid-eaten looks, too. I'd like to be able to apply a shaders to machines and walls, to make them look like they've been splashes with strong acid.

Am I right in thinking 'Alien Skin' can be one-click applied to creature models (like molluscs), to give them a slick, oily sheen? Need something like that!

I was thinking the same , there is also a lot of products waiting to be released so I have to plan month ago in forward  with any new stuff and hoping to be lucky for early release , believe me I still check every morning the store hoping for a wonder , it is my new daily ritual the first moment I woke up .. and I guess I will still continue doing it , I invested 2 months work in this baby .. it is too precious cheeky  but on the other hand you know ... Watched pot never boils

Squonk_99 said:

"shifted to first part of April" ! Are you sure this isn't an early April fools joke ? smiley

Every day I check my Daz email, hoping Vol 2 will be released. Don't worry, I'll be okay, once I stop twitching wink

I know, me too but now no more surprises and April is already in  2 days and we should have fast release date by the days to come  but when you waiting for it the time lose its space some how .. as people always joked saying  Soon means in Greek NEVER when someone answered  [ soon ]  it just feel like that at this moment .

So...thank you for your patience , I am going to submit my other product tomorrow and will have just a little break for doing the vol.2  videos so you can see some stuff in action , catch up on some ideas and time will run faster for all of us .

Disappointed to hear of the delay, but knowing there will be one is good too. 'Not knowing' means chewing up time every morning hoping it's here. I dont think I've ever anticipated a release as much or as eagerly as this one! Take care :)

Thanks , that is the purpose of that to redone old stuff or just add personal touch .. I still do it with most all sets for iray I purchase and my old 3DL sets .

The correct Alien skin will be in the upcoming skin volumes , the purpose of it is to apply one shader to the full skin at once for the custom alienated figures , and other sets for the prepared Gen 3 UVs  characters but that is still early work on progress , I need it for my upcoming very detalied fantasy character and later human character as I want it to look like no other before and it is pretty game changer with the way and workflow as nobody do it this way before in our community so for me a new challenge to try new stuff out .

Just went through this discussion's preview images and am utterly amazed... Blood and chocolate, particularly. The new way of rendering skin looks like it could be a game-changer.

Is the blood volumetric, so that we could create the illusion of gore underwater, after a feeding frenzy?

Very interested in the new ways to create corrosives and acid-eaten looks, too. I'd like to be able to apply a shaders to machines and walls, to make them look like they've been splashes with strong acid.

Am I right in thinking 'Alien Skin' can be one-click applied to creature models (like molluscs), to give them a slick, oily sheen? Need something like that!

• I bought the metal set yesterday. I had put it in my cart about a week ago. But then I figured as soon as I bought it, the new set would come out and the metal set would be on sale. So I waited. I finally figured I'd go ahead and buy it, and to my surprise...it was on sale. So now I'm just waiting on the new set. Especially the fabrics!

I never used to buy shaders. Didn't know what they were for or how to use them. But now that I know...!!!

Yes today everything is on sale in my store 40 % off and wrestler set 70% off for the March Madness catch up sales 

btw yesterday I got relax a little bit and made simple tank ,  all shaders on top of surfaces are from Vol. 2 beside my fishes 

teasing again 

mec4d_tank_zbrush_iray_pbr.jpg
    1920 x 1280 - 983K

That is so cool. Are those piranhas in that tank?

edited March 2016

Yes Sir !  

Szark said:

That is so cool. Are those piranhas in that tank?

Post edited by MEC4D on

I had to redone the night shot with piranhas with new light and changed the ground to mossy stone , seems more clear .. no post work 

table , walls, and thank was constructed from DS primitives 

mec4d_tank_zbrush_iray_pbr_night2.jpg
    1920 x 1280 - 1M
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Most definitely worth the wait!

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943

Thanks for teasing us again! :o)

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879

This looks good Cathy.  Looking forward to this one too

Thank you !  few more days to the finale! wink

• JerifeJerife Posts: 272
    edited April 2016

While we wait I tried to put what I've learned here and with Fern Lake and Forest onto an image. I recovered an island I did with Carrara's terrain modeler. Carrara's shaders won't work in DS so I created mine here mixing those provided by Stonemason in those sets first with geoshells, then mixing them while creating an obj.

(I missed St. Patricks Day gift sad)

Made your volumetric lake water onto a sea with your 'clear water settings' and used Stonemason trees with Tofusan replicator and my own distribution masks. Now knowing that you must click "instances preview off" made the difference with my previous attempts to use instancing in DS...

Waiting for those 8 organic shaders...

and those 70 construction ones... mmm

and those clothes we can soak...

iRay Isla 008 redux.jpg
    1980 x 1224 - 3M
    Post edited by Jerife on