MEC4D PBS shaders vol.2 -Released- [Commercial]

Comments

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,929

Generous and awesome and makes great stuff. Thank you!

• HoMartHoMart Posts: 480

*collects jaw off the floor*

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU

Really lost for words right now.

It was fun to play with the free shaders and to create my image, but I never expected to win anything with it.

I can not express my gratitude in words.

Think I´ll have to create a lot of images with the shaders to do so.

• Oh, wow! Thanks SO much. You are such a kind and generous person, Cath.  smiley

• WOW! I am honored, humbled, flattered that I was a winner and SUPER EXCITED to get those PBR shader volumes! 

You've seriously made my month, Cath! Thank you so so much! You're so awesome :D :D :D

This is seriously the best thread in the forums, lol

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214

Wow Cath, if the whole world took example from you it would be a much better place.  You are a kind, caring, giving, generous person, and altho I wasn't able to enter your contest I want to extend my congrats to those who did, the artwork was wonderful, and they are all very blessed to be the recipient of your generosity.  Congratulations to you all :)

• TesseractSpaceTesseractSpace Posts: 1,197

Oh wow! Thanks so much! 

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,075
    edited March 2016

What Kerya and Renomista said . . .

Thanks so much! Color me surprised and gratified! laugh

Post edited by fastbike1 on
  • MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,236

Congratulations to the winners and "oh wow" indeed, Cath - that is so so generous! Now I'll definitely have to buy Vols 3 and 4 when they come out to repay that wonderful gesture. heartheartkiss

Those skin tests are looking really interesting too - can't wait to see how that turns out.

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

I believe I'll have to withdraw. A situation has developed and I may not be doing 3d stuff for a considerable time. :( Wouldn't be right if I won a spot that could go to someone able to use the prize. (on the off chance I'd win that is, there's some really good entries so far and days to go.)  My entries can be disregarded and I'll remove them from the thread if you wish.

Oh no I hope everything is okay!  It would be such a shame if you can't continue I have been really enjoying your art!

It got sorted out. The initial post was from when i was in a lot of pain and the best estimate I could get had me paying a massive out-of-pocket. Turned out when xrays were done that a simpler procedure could resolve the issue. 

Glad it got sorted out....

Me too!

Congrats to everyone!  Can' wait to see what all of you do with your new goodies when they come out!

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,828

That was a surprise - thanks for your generosity! Congratulations to the winners - they all did such nice renders with your materials.

• JeremyDJeremyD Posts: 265

Cath I'm speechless. Your talent and genorisity are like no other.

I wish there were more people like you on this planet.

• MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,249

Awwww you guys and gals are too sweet ! thank you but you did this to yourself ! cheeky

what a day to "see " your all happy & surprised  faces , I love it !!!  mission accomplished ! 

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,157

Congratulations to all the winners.  Cath is number one when it comes to generosity!  laugh

BTW did I show you the all shaders in one place from vol.2 ? here you go

Mec4d_PBS_shaders_for_iray_vol2_daz3d_promo_32.jpg
    2461 x 1245 - 1M
  • KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191
    edited March 2016

Just checked in real quick as I've been out all day.  Thought I would find out who the winners were.  I was totally expecting to not get anything and then find out I get something just for participating!  Wow! Cath, that is super generous of you!  Thank you SO much.

edit: forgot to say Congrats to the winners!  Awesome renders, guys!

Post edited by Knittingmommy on
  • nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,715

Congratulations everyone, and very generous Cath. :)

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,963
    MEC4D said:

No typos! yes smiley

Simon ..Simon .. my eagle eye hahaha   

SimonJM said:
    MEC4D said:

No typos! yes smiley

That's the point, life would be too boring if we all know what's next  :)  and you welcome !

Thanks @nicstt

Just checked in real quick as I've been out all day.  Thought I would find out who the winners were.  I was totally expecting to not get anything and then find out I get something just for participating!  Wow! Cath, that is super generous of you!  Thank you SO much.

edit: forgot to say Congrats to the winners!  Awesome renders, guys!

• TesseractSpaceTesseractSpace Posts: 1,197
    MEC4D said:

That is an impressive set of shaders.

yes very impressive!  Will be picking these up as soon as i can lol.  Really just spectacular

• JeremyDJeremyD Posts: 265
    MEC4D said:

epic! so excited. thank youuuu.

At last I know you guys going to use it and not let dust over it in your library 

can't wait to see what you do with it in the future , always excited to see renders and how it was used 

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,550

Oh, no. It will not gather dust!

Soooo eager to use some of those construction shaders to revamp old content.

I am sure not in your library Barbult , I saw today in some older threads you helping new people with proper usage of vol.1 shaders in iray ..very kind of you 

Thank you for the support ! really appreciate it !

barbult said:

Oh, no. It will not gather dust!

I feel you !  I can't stay away from this set myself and in place of doing work non stop trying to re texture old stuff to see the difference , even purchased a lot old cheap sets for this purpose 

I am sure you will have a lot of fun too !

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,550
    MEC4D said:

I feel you !  I can't stay away from this set myself and in place of doing work non stop trying to re texture old stuff to see the difference , even purchased a lot old cheap sets for this purpose 

I am sure you will have a lot of fun too !

You could sell a bundle of presets to use your shaders on older models. They would sell like hotcakes.

I've really tried to play around with texturing and even simple shapes. I mean, a good shader, and you could fill a 'city' with ... blocks, and make it look half-decent (particularly if it's backdrop filler).

Get some other props and you can dress it up even nicer (doorways, fire escapes, whatever)