MEC4D PBS shaders vol.2 -Released- [Commercial]

Comments

• MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,249

I was thinking about to tell you the truth , when all pack are released I may do some maybe and see how it works.

barbult said:
    MEC4D said:

I feel you !  I can't stay away from this set myself and in place of doing work non stop trying to re texture old stuff to see the difference , even purchased a lot old cheap sets for this purpose 

I am sure you will have a lot of fun too !

Soooo eager to use some of those construction shaders to revamp old content.

You could sell a bundle of presets to use your shaders on older models. They would sell like hotcakes.

edited March 2016

I am preparing video how to build easy set with primitives and the shaders .. it is easy and all together  looks like a new set  , the one shader with the mixed bricks and stone is dedicated to you , since you wanted something to break the edges ..so I had time to add it .. you will see in the video preview how cool it works

I've really tried to play around with texturing and even simple shapes. I mean, a good shader, and you could fill a 'city' with ... blocks, and make it look half-decent (particularly if it's backdrop filler).

Get some other props and you can dress it up even nicer (doorways, fire escapes, whatever)

Post edited by MEC4D on
  • Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,896
    Awww! You're the best!

And you had a good idea .. so, thanks 

Awww! You're the best!

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

What I think would be useful, and maybe it is already possible, is the ability to blend between textures. Say a dirt texture and grass, or a dirt texture and a concrete or block pathway. I'm sure there are many possibilities.

I will show you with video how you can do that with volume.2 shaders and mix them on top all together . I may do small additional pack just for the effect so everything stay PBR in harmony with each other and you will be able to add anything to everything in your scene but that after I finish my currently projects what is total 500 shaders I am working still on with different packs 

nicstt said:

What I think would be useful, and maybe it is already possible, is the ability to blend between textures. Say a dirt texture and grass, or a dirt texture and a concrete or block pathway. I'm sure there are many possibilities.

MEC4D said:

I will show you with video how you can do that with volume.2 shaders and mix them on top all together . I may do small additional pack just for the effect so everything stay PBR in harmony with each other and you will be able to add anything to everything in your scene but that after I finish my currently projects what is total 500 shaders I am working still on with different packs 

nicstt said:

Cool.:)

Geoshells can sometimes be a great way to do that. I mean, that's sort of what Let it Snow does, and I've adapted that to moss, rust, and a few other things.

One thing I love about stuff like Mec4D's shader pack (and others) is easily adding this at a scripted level, because you don't have to manage a geoshell AND a script that can plop the right texture layers on multiple channels is a HUGE time saving.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146

What happened to your banner honey? 

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    MEC4D said:

BTW did I show you the all shaders in one place from vol.2 ? here you go

colour me impressed that all look awesmome. Nice work. Been enjoyings eeing all the test results.

• FerretmaniaFerretmania Posts: 883

Wauw that's a huge set of shaders. Looks awesome!

Richard what is wrong with my new temporary new banner ? no showing up or what?

RAMWolff said:

I just realized  how huge the package is when I put it all together, I was like [ who did this ?] cheeky

Szark said:
    MEC4D said:

BTW did I show you the all shaders in one place from vol.2 ? here you go

colour me impressed that all look awesmome. Nice work. Been enjoyings eeing all the test results.

Wauw that's a huge set of shaders. Looks awesome!

• TesseractSpaceTesseractSpace Posts: 1,168
    MEC4D said:

Richard what is wrong with my new temporary new banner ? no showing up or what?

RAMWolff said:

I just get a circle with a line where the banner should be

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,214
    edited March 2016

This is what I see.

Capture.PNG
    943 x 198 - 11K
    Post edited by barbult on

I see what they see. Weird.

That's weird I  see the banner .. normal 

let me check it

and now?

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,214

fixed!

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146

Just home from work.  I see it now hon!  yes

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191
    MEC4D said:

and now?

I like the new banner!  Looks great, Cath!

Thank you, I hope is not too busy in aperance , tried to blend with the website colors  

MEC4D said:

and now?

edited March 2016

BTW I am little  quiet since rendering cards for my Merchant Resource Metal Pack and it is over 250 shaders as well, plus  making  top and bellow dirt shader for this pack direct on metals as smart layer , it can be used on other surfaces but with decal or geometry shell as well.

Post edited by MEC4D on
  • KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191
    MEC4D said:

Thank you, I hope is not too busy in aperance , tried to blend with the website colors  

MEC4D said:

and now?

Not too busy.  I think it looks very nice! 

• FerretmaniaFerretmania Posts: 883
    MEC4D said:

BTW I am little  quiet since rendering cards for my Merchant Resource Metal Pack and it is over 250 shaders as well, plus  making  top and bellow dirt shader for this pack direct on metals as smart layer , it can be used on other surfaces but with decal or geometry shell as well.

And my wishlist grew again lol

So do you live on caffein alone or do you have more than 1 head and 2 arms cheeky 

My head's spinning just by reading this and seeing all the work you put in to your products. Amazing!

Thanks ! 

MEC4D said:

MEC4D said:

and now?

Not too busy.  I think it looks very nice! 

Yes a lot of coffein too hahaha I love coffee but I can drink one before sleep and I sleep like a baby it does not work on me as much after the years sort of imune , however if I don't my head explode .. 

I am trying to do something different for the Merchant resource , also great unique metal reflections like metal flakes but not the one heavy from Uber iray just simple that render quick 

MEC4D said:

So do you live on caffein alone or do you have more than 1 head and 2 arms cheeky 

My head's spinning just by reading this and seeing all the work you put in to your products. Amazing!

MEC4D said:

That's weird I  see the banner .. normal 

let me check it

I've always seen your banner.

MEC4D said:

What Ferretmania said.

• JaellraJaellra Posts: 56

AMAZING! Just incredible. Can't wait. I love the set I  got this week of the metals etc.

edited March 2016

Thanks !

after rendering 300 cards for the new metal pack decided to relax with a lemon cocktail and vol.2  [ obsession on the highest level ] cheeky

on the glass I used scratched glass for more touchy effect

on the ice actually ice glass for faster rendering

on the cocktail itself orange juice with slightly reduced SSS for more clarity

on the cherries I used Gummi bears gelatine 

melted ice - drinking water

and for the little plate fake crystal 

on the table I used brushed circular shader from the new  merchant resource pack

props was from Every Day Drinks

lemoniada-Canvases_vol2.jpg
    1358 x 1761 - 750K
    Post edited by MEC4D on
    edited March 2016

P.S  between rendered small gif with the New Stonemason's beautiful  Fern Lake set ( to be released soon ) and used one of the vol.2 volumetric water shaders for the Amazon river effect , I used 18 mm lens for the wide angle and HDRi for lighting

that is.. 

enjoy the Gif 

Post edited by Chohole on