The I Wanted Mousse But Got A Moose Instead Complaint Thread.

Comments

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

sigh
    another caturday wasted looking for solutions dont exist.

and no new ideas today for snafu plot.

meebe i'm dreaming caturday and i'm not awake yet?

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,576
    Serpent said:
    kyoto kid said:
    MistyMist said:

theres a lake champlain, upstate ny, iirc.

does this look terrifying or what?  omg.  right up the terror list with gigantuan ferris wheel

..ahh the Adirondack run to Montreal. 

My favourite ride, back when trains were still classy  (southbound Afternoon Hiawatha at the Milwaukee Station).

...one of the Iconic streamlined 4-4-2 Atlantics in the old hometown.

Those are some cool trains!

The Texas Eagle was a great route, I took it fro L.A. to Austin, but it  runs to Chicago.  Great observation car, pretty comfy seats, and some  AMAZING scenery between L.A. and El Paso.  I'd like to take a month off and just ride the train all over.. le sigh.

...yeah that is one of my Megabucks fantasies. First do it here, then go to Europe and do it there

Tjohn said:

Shoulda used this like me.

..is there still a link to get this?

...back into a cool wet weather pattern the last several days as well as into next week. Joints and bones not liking it. Stayed in bed until almost noon as at least wasn't putting any weight on them. Been drinking green tea lately, helps with the digestion and a even a bit with the joints.

Le sigh, have to go to the Market in a short while though.  At least no major areas of rain showing on the radar map.  Will have to take the bus to my Tuesday RPG group as the forecast calls for heavy rain all day. Been spoiled with being able to walk there over the last month and a half.  Need to get a new headlight for the bike and then I can ride there (by the time we finish it is dark), already have a really good route picked out.

it's a trick  SEND EVERYONE

..no...

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,703

That looks like a fishy guy

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,173
    edited June 2016

That looks like a fishy guy

Nope, just the final result of collogen injection addiction.

9b5e3cb54bf670b766ee562e5685bd64.jpg
    246 x 320 - 12K
    Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited June 2016
    Rezca said:

My pushie arrived this morning <3

Hey great, have you seen babymetal ? clicky/play

Post edited by ps1borg on
    Tjohn said:

Whar iz evaboddy? 

On a  winndswept beach getting into nature yesterday :)

edited June 2016
    Serpent said:
    kyoto kid said:
    MistyMist said:

does this look terrifying or what?  omg.  right up the terror list with gigantuan ferris wheel

..ahh the Adirondack run to Montreal. 

My favourite ride, back when trains were still classy  (southbound Afternoon Hiawatha at the Milwaukee Station).

...one of the Iconic streamlined 4-4-2 Atlantics in the old hometown.

Those are some cool trains!

The Texas Eagle was a great route, I took it fro L.A. to Austin, but it  runs to Chicago.  Great observation car, pretty comfy seats, and some  AMAZING scenery between L.A. and El Paso.  I'd like to take a month off and just ride the train all over.. le sigh.

The Ghan runs south to north across the deserts for three days

ghan.jpg
    485 x 320 - 21K
    Post edited by ps1borg on
    Tjohn said:
    MistyMist said:

BEER n pepperoni pizza like magikal combo

FRIDAY !!  

It's raining gummi worms again!

GUMMYs !

My pillows are calling me . . .  names

MistyMist said:

sitting down is a lot easier than standing up.  monumentous battle against gravity.

yeah sometimes stuff just sucks ;)

Tjohn said:

would be a thing, a zombie with a tin opener :)

...Yay!!!!!! for  Brain-a-Roni!!!!!!

kyoto kid said:

...Yay!!!!!! for  Brain-a-Roni!!!!!!

Great idea for the "vegetarian" zombies!

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086
    MistyMist said:

If I was in another train going the other way, I'd be terrified . . .

That would be a problem, yes.

Dana

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086
    Tjohn said:

Whar iz evaboddy? 

Similar to downtown in my home city after 5:00 pm.  when I was young it was bustling.  Not much there these days, though they seem to be trying to revive the city.

Dana

edited June 2016

...well, a break in the damp and chill for one day. 

Glad I do not have to go into work anymore as one of the events of the Rose Festival is what is called the "Fleet Week" when a number of Navy ships visit the city and tie off at the Waterfront. Hated it when I still worked downtown, as since 9-11, security was tightened to where they closed off the best bike route across the river which was a bike and jogger only bridge.  This forces cyclists to commute other bridges every morning and afternoon with heavy car and truck traffic speeding by only inches away, or ride out of the way to a bridge that is more "bike friendly".

The other issue, on the Monday after the festival ends (which is tomorrow), they wait to pull the ships out right during the height of the morning commute rather than the early hours beforehand or mid day afterwards, causing many to be late for work.  It is especially difficult for people who ride transit and need to make connections to other locations (even the all four tram lines are impacted as the ships comm and radar towers are so tall they have to raise both the lower and upper decks of the Steel Bridge, which also disrupts a morning Amtrak run from Eugene OR to Vancouver BC).  Again the only way to avoid it is to use one of the bridges to the south which for many who ride transit involves extra connections and out of the way travel. 

Oh, and when they come in to dock during the previous week, guess what? It occurs during the height of the evening commute.  These are military not cruise ships, they and their crews can handle arriving and leaving at an "off" hour.  One would think after all these years (and no doubt many, many complaints to city hall), they would have changed the schedule.

Were I still working, I'd just take a couple vacation days to avoid dealing with both the arrival and departure.

Post edited by kyoto kid on

i smell bread baking.  smells italian with pine nuts

edited June 2016

...pine nuts, they seem to put them on and in everything out here, even pizza.  If I wanted squirrel food, I'd ask for it (and I never do).

fresh pine nuts uber tasty heart

and raw cashews.  a friend told me cashwoos are um ... binding ... haz to cut down on the cashwoos snacking  >.<

complaint - so hard to find a recipe when dont know what the thing is called

you ever see those things in Italian bakery, mini-mini 3 layer cakish things, 3 colors/flavors, mini-mini chocolate icing?

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited June 2016
    MistyMist said:

and raw cashews.  a friend told me cashwoos are um ... binding ... haz to cut down on the cashwoos snacking  >.<

I very much doubt if you can ever buy raw cashew nuts because the actual  shell or outer coating of cashew nuts is covered in a toxic substance, so it is neccesary to use heat to kill the poision and extract the cashews. This is done with steam at very high temperatures. So the cashews are not raw any longer, even though they haven't been roasted.

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited June 2016
    MistyMist said:

you ever see those things in Italian bakery, mini-mini 3 layer cakish things, 3 colors/flavors, mini-mini chocolate icing?

....you mean these?

They're called Italian Rainbow cookie cakes.

Chohole said:
    MistyMist said:

I very much doubt if you can ever buy raw cashew nuts because the actual  shell or outer coating of cashew nuts is covered in a toxic substance, so it is neccesary to use heat to kill the poision and extract the cashews. This is done with steam at very high temperatures. So the cashews are not raw any longer, even though they haven't been roasted.

packet claims raw cashews, no shells on em.  labels iffy these day

kyoto kid said:
    MistyMist said:

....you mean these?

They're called Italian Rainbow cookie cakes.

ahh yes!  thank you.   wanna make those, 

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,391

Aah this dinosaur has a nice themesong.  xvx

He's also real fun to fight, I love the way he moves~

mhx__dinovaldo.png
    1024 x 816 - 835K
    54029918_p0.png
    1600 x 1200 - 2M
This discussion has been closed.