The I Wanted Mousse But Got A Moose Instead Complaint Thread.

Comments

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776

Do I have a mermaid tail for G3F?

sounds like a fishy emding for G3 looming :)

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

swim lil fishies swim

tea for two
    two for tea

smiley  Happy Toosday

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,010

There's someone on the wing!!

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,702
    Tjohn said:

That looks like Will Shatner

• hphoenixhphoenix Posts: 1,335
    Tjohn said:

That is.  A very young Shatner, in one of his first TV roles, on an episode of "The Twilight Zone" entitled, "Nightmare at 20,000 feet"  :  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nightmare_at_20,000_Feet

I have a love hate relationship with iRay.  It gives great renders but the test renders take a long time.

Morning. Mobs of bright voiced songbirds silhouetted on bare branched trees and poles and wires chorusing the pink dawn real loud :)

MistyMist said:

smiley  Happy Toosday

Tuesday was fun you should enjoy it :)

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,571
    Tjohn said:

...ah it's only the "wingman".

...well, the big rains forecast for today didn't ever happen. We has a breif strong downpour an hour or so ago while the sun has been peeking out more and more.  Chilly though, only in the 50s.  At least I don't have to take the bus to my session tonight.

hphoenix said:
    Tjohn said:

That is.  A very young Shatner, in one of his first TV roles, on an episode of "The Twilight Zone" entitled, "Nightmare at 20,000 feet"  :  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nightmare_at_20,000_Feet

...a number of other famous actors got their start on that show.

...-111° at Vostok Station with a 5 MPH wind for a real feel of -141².

Now that is some serious cold.

Pardon me boy, is that the Vostok Station?

My pillows are calling me a tomato because I am so red.
     . .

The My Pillows Lost their Plump Complaint Thread

kyoto kid said:
    hphoenix said:
    Tjohn said:

Bugs had a gremlin problem too

kyoto kid said:
    hphoenix said:
    Tjohn said:

Hey I remember that episode, a lil ol creature sitting outside eating the wings ? 

I am sleepy and want to go back to bed but I am a little hungry but not sure what to eat.  I did have dinner but that was hours ago.

I got a package being delivered from CA but it says it might take a week to a little over two weeks.   Also do not know that there is a Newark in CA.  I can picture it taking four or five days to get from CA to NC but not two weeks.  That is if the truck that is delivering the package drives ten to eleven hours a day.  I looked it up via Google to see how long it would take to travel across the country and assumed that they only drive for a max of eleven hours a day so they can get their beauty sleep.  of course it could take two days if they are really on top of it via truck.

...just south of Oakland and Alemeda (where they keep the "nuclear wessels)".

Tjohn said:

Pardon me boy, is that the Vostok Station?

...here's the 5:15 arriving.

laughlaughlaugh

Woke up too early. That is my complaint.

My transportation to work is late.

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,173
    edited June 2016
    Tjohn said:

Inside or outside?surprise

kyoto kid said:

...just south of Oakland and Alemeda (where they keep the "nuclear wessels)".

Interesting that you should mention Checkov's accent.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdSJFrhb-HM 

I was thinking of that the other day.  In order to keep my brain active and from turning into mush in my ancient years I'm trying to learn Russian.  The Russian alphabet doesn't have a "W" and there doesn't seem to be a "wh" sound anywhere in the language.  It should have been a difficult sound for him to make. surprise Whereas, they do have a "V" sound despite it looking like a "B" in the alphabet. indecision So where did film Checkov come up with "wessels"?  It should have been very easy for him to say "vessels", since he can obviously read English.   I've been working on Russian for about a year and I still have trouble with their "X" sound which seems to be a cross between gargling phlegm and a cat's hiss. A skill I have not yet mastered.devil

True Russian speakers slap me upside the head if I have missed something here regarding the "W" sound.

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,173

And here's another Star Trek star in the Twilight Zone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaN9cW4wdCY

Not a Twilight Zone, but...

• OstadanOstadan Posts: 1,123
    kyoto kid said:
    hphoenix said:

[shatner in Twilight Zone Ep]

Well, not so much as you may think.  It is easy to be deceived by appearance here, because Twilight Zone is one of the earliest shows that is still very popular in reruns and has been seen by many many people through its decades in syndication.  And of course, as an anthology show, it cast many, many actors over the years. So it is often the earliest TV appearance that people will have seen for any given actor.  Consider, for example, Carol Burnett, who did a comic turn as 'Agnes Grepp' in one episode.  You will probably never watch an earlier TV appearance for her, but IMDB shows that she had already been a regular on The Garry Moore Show for years by then.

More like before they achieved their larger fame, than their starts as actors.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/gallery/before-they-were-stars-24-actors-from-the-twilight-zone/editorial-10266493/

And there are others, Don Rickles for instance. And some who were already very famous, like Mickey Rooney.

complaint, i put a bunch of papers in page protectors, but now can't see the alphabet letter dividers, don't stick out far enough

This discussion has been closed.