Hex Gallery

1161718192022»

Comments

• mach25mach25 Posts: 195
    edited April 21

I just spotted Jon's model of a gondola, and thought "I did one of those" so went looking for a render, could not find it on my local drives so went on the net and found a few on DA.

looks great

when I crashed my hard drive and lost things, I did the approach that ants do after you kick their anthill:rebuild lost models with a better approach and they come out better

you also can see how your skills have become better since you made the old model,in the new version of the model

Post edited by mach25 on
  • Wee Dangerous JohnWee Dangerous John Posts: 1,237
    edited April 21

I agree with you there Mach25, its good to look back and see how far you've come.

I'm a bit CDO ("extreme OCD - alphabetical laugh) , I back my projects up on 2nd interal drive and external ones. Just incase I mess up on the project I'm working on. Half decent test renders I store on line, I'm not worried so much about renders.

Post edited by Wee Dangerous John on
  • JonnyRayJonnyRay Posts: 1,270

I agree with you there Mach25, its good to look back and see how far you've come.

I'm a bit CDO ("extreme OCD - alphabetical laugh) , I back my projects up on 2nd interal drive and external ones. Just incase I mess up on the project I'm working on. Half decent test renders I store on line, I'm not worried so much about renders.

I have all my 3D projects in my OneDrive folder so they are synced to the cloud and to both of my PCs at home.My Render Library is there too, as well as everything else (documents, pictures, etc.) I don't want to lose. 260GB so far. I don't put my Daz Library there because that I can recover if I ever need to.

• KitsumoKitsumo Posts: 946

Awesome work you guys! I'm really having to work hard to keep up. Here's an old favorite I started long ago and am just now getting back to. UV mapping in Hexagon is .... an adventure. Hopefully I'll have this thing finished by next weekend. I looked through my old models and some most of them are just awful. But as long as you can learn from your mistakes it's ok, I guess.

hanging glass chair 01

hanging glass chair 02

hanging glass chair 03

hanging glass chair 04

hanging glass chair 05

Thanks for all the help and encouragement. Hopefully I can pass it along someday. Have a good week everyone.

Dang, it's been quiet in here. I guess everyone's hard at work.

Here's an update to my chair. I'm still trying to get the rigging straight. Comments are welcome.

glass bubble chair

girl in chair

• Love that chair Kitsumo, especially like the close-up renders - Great detail work :)

Thanks for the kind words WDJ. I'm learning so much by doing these models. I still don't quite get the hang of rigging. I think for my next project I'll try something static, like an empty room. Or a bathroom - Daz characters love bathrooms for some reason, even though you rarely see them eating or drinking anything. Go figure.laugh Have a nice day!