Hex Gallery

11617181921

Comments

  • A3DLoverA3DLover Posts: 170
    m_m_italy said:

    Beautiful.
    A little advice.....
    Change the strings.
    Change the thickness (diameter - section) in relation to the note attributed to the string.

    Ciao

    Yeah string diameter lol. can you imagine the poly count if i used mesh based winding on the strings?

    I actually do have a les paul (epiphone make) fender acoustic and peavey predator  and play guitar

    https://soundcloud.com/steel-rocks/tracks

  • A3DLoverA3DLover Posts: 170
    edited March 13

    Playing around with wheels and tire treads, reverse applied a maya tutorial that was tediously excrutiating and i knew hexagon had better shortcuts. But i did flub a few things 

    :thumbsup:

    Link to tutorial

     

    005.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 319K
    001.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 265K
    002.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 302K
    003.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 255K
    004.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 201K
    006.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 319K
    Post edited by A3DLover on
  • m_m_italym_m_italy Posts: 384

    yes

  • JonnyRayJonnyRay Posts: 1,195
    edited March 13

    That's some nice progress though @A3DLover! I'm pretty happy with my mag wheel for my car, but I've struggled some with the tire. Will check out that tutorial to see another way to make it work.

    Edit to add: That video was tough to follow, but I got the gist of what he was doing. It cracked me up he left the crash of Maya and restart of the project on there. :) He also needs to watch Max's latest video on edge flow. But it did give me some ideas about how to try to tackle this. Will give it another try once I'm done with the cleanup work I'm doing on my car right now. Thanks again for sharing. It helped inspire some ideas.

    Post edited by JonnyRay on
  • A3DLoverA3DLover Posts: 170

    Playing around with wheels and tire treads, reverse applied a maya tutorial that was tediously excruitating and i knew hexagon had better shortcuts. But i did flub a few things 

    :thumbsup:

     

    JonnyRay said:

    That's some nice progress though @A3DLover! I'm pretty happy with my mag wheel for my car, but I've struggled some with the tire. Will check out that tutorial to see another way to make it work.

    Edit to add: That video was tough to follow, but I got the gist of what he was doing. It cracked me up he left the crash of Maya and restart of the project on there. :) He also needs to watch Max's latest video on edge flow. But it did give me some ideas about how to try to tackle this. Will give it another try once I'm done with the cleanup work I'm doing on my car right now. Thanks again for sharing. It helped inspire some ideas.

    Thanks the wheel i made fast as i could the tire and tread was very tedious even tho i followed the tut about 50%.

    The tread design is actual from those add on tracks for bobcats.

     

  • A3DLoverA3DLover Posts: 170
    edited March 14
    A3DLover said:

     

     

    JonnyRay said:

    That's some nice progress though @A3DLover! I'm pretty happy with my mag wheel for my car, but I've struggled some with the tire. Will check out that tutorial to see another way to make it work.

    Edit to add: That video was tough to follow, but I got the gist of what he was doing. It cracked me up he left the crash of Maya and restart of the project on there. :) He also needs to watch Max's latest video on edge flow. But it did give me some ideas about how to try to tackle this. Will give it another try once I'm done with the cleanup work I'm doing on my car right now. Thanks again for sharing. It helped inspire some ideas.

     

     

    Thanks the wheel i made fast as i could the tire and tread was very tedious even tho i followed the tut about 50%.

    The tread design is actual from those add on tracks for bobcats.

     

    Edit: New attempt this looks better but i forgot the valve stem 

    Also booleans really hurt the mesh (lug nut holes)

    007.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 330K
    008.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 217K
    009.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 296K
    Post edited by A3DLover on
  • Excellent wheelss A3DLover :)

    Here's a little part of a project I am working on at the moment.

    Side table.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 613K
    Dressing Table2.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 659K
  • m_m_italym_m_italy Posts: 384
    Ottimo!
  • A3DLoverA3DLover Posts: 170

    Excellent wheelss A3DLover :)

    Here's a little part of a project I am working on at the moment.

     

     

    Like that routered look on the mirror tabe and leather effect on the seat. How did you get the wood grain texture to look so natural?

  • Thank you A3DLover. Texture wise, a lot of practice and luck smiley 

    Working out what size map to use, and checking the scale of things with a test grid helps a lot.

  • KitsumoKitsumo Posts: 946
    edited March 23

    Here's what I've been working on today. Writers are supposed to write what they know, so I modeled something I know cheeky.  I still need to add a hose and rig it, but that's about all I'm going to do. My hat's off to anyone who does this for a living. I've only been working on this about 5 hours, and I'm sick of looking at it, lol. I can't imagine these PA's spending 2 months or so putting together a project. I'd need a padded cell. Cheers

    beer keg beer keg

    Post edited by Kitsumo on
  • A3DLoverA3DLover Posts: 170
    edited March 24
    Kitsumo said:

    Here's what I've been working on today. Writers are supposed to write what they know, so I modeled something I know cheeky.  I still need to add a hose and rig it, but that's about all I'm going to do. My hat's off to anyone who does this for a living. I've only been working on this about 5 hours, and I'm sick of looking at it, lol. I can't imagine these PA's spending 2 months or so putting together a project. I'd need a padded cell. Cheers

    beer keg beer keg

    in my beer drinking days (a few decades behind me now) i never had the opportunity to drink keg beer. but i always wanted to polish one to a mirror finish.
    Post edited by A3DLover on
  • KitsumoKitsumo Posts: 946
    A3DLover said:
    Kitsumo said:

    Here's what I've been working on today. Writers are supposed to write what they know, so I modeled something I know cheeky.  I still need to add a hose and rig it, but that's about all I'm going to do. My hat's off to anyone who does this for a living. I've only been working on this about 5 hours, and I'm sick of looking at it, lol. I can't imagine these PA's spending 2 months or so putting together a project. I'd need a padded cell. Cheers

     

     

    in my beer drinking days (a few decades behind me now) i never had the opportunity to drink keg beer. but i always wanted to polish one to a mirror finish.

    You didn't miss much. It tastes about the same as regular draft beer from a bar or restaurant. One thing I learned doing research for this model is that hand pumps force oxygen into the keg which causes the beer to go flat in a day or so.

  • I'm in the same boat A3DLover, no-a-days I can make a bottle of Hobgoblin last a week as shandys.

    Great keg Kitsumo, nice texture too :) 

  • KitsumoKitsumo Posts: 946

    I'm in the same boat A3DLover, no-a-days I can make a bottle of Hobgoblin last a week as shandys.

    Great keg Kitsumo, nice texture too :) 

    Thanks! My pet peeve is 3d stuff that looks way too new. I've been learning a ton of stuff from this forum over the past few weeks.

  • A3DLoverA3DLover Posts: 170
    Kitsumo said:

    I'm in the same boat A3DLover, no-a-days I can make a bottle of Hobgoblin last a week as shandys.

    Great keg Kitsumo, nice texture too :) 

    Thanks! My pet peeve is 3d stuff that looks way too new. I've been learning a ton of stuff from this forum over the past few weeks.

    lol im a metal finisher by trade so i make stuff new looking, especially old stuff like old wood burning stoves and car and motorcycle parts tho i finish keg like things
    IMG_20190123_170136.jpg
    2592 x 1944 - 1M
    IMG_20190125_115915.jpg
    2592 x 1944 - 2M
    IMG_20190310_172748.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 255K
  • KitsumoKitsumo Posts: 946
    A3DLover said:
    Kitsumo said:

    I'm in the same boat A3DLover, no-a-days I can make a bottle of Hobgoblin last a week as shandys.

    Great keg Kitsumo, nice texture too :) 

    Thanks! My pet peeve is 3d stuff that looks way too new. I've been learning a ton of stuff from this forum over the past few weeks.

     

    lol im a metal finisher by trade so i make stuff new looking, especially old stuff like old wood burning stoves and car and motorcycle parts tho i finish keg like things

    Nice work! I didn't know keg finishing was a thing till I saw the pictures online. I guess if I ever build my dream home, it'd be nice to have a shiny beer keg in my bar/tavern.

  • m_m_italym_m_italy Posts: 384
    Bravo!
  • A3DLoverA3DLover Posts: 170
    guess what real world vehicle this fits?
    013.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 295K
  • A3DLoverA3DLover Posts: 170
    i could sworn i was further along on this but heres an update. more going on with top than the bottom. im a real noob when it comes to textures and dont think i have the patience to map this when its done.
    007.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 328K
    008.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 231K
    009.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 182K
    011.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 280K
    012.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 230K
  • A3DLover, I've got a project on at the moment but if you want I could have a go at unwrapping it for you when I'm done.

  • ViallyVially Posts: 199
    Kitsumo said:
    A3DLover said:
    Kitsumo said:

    Here's what I've been working on today. Writers are supposed to write what they know, so I modeled something I know cheeky.  I still need to add a hose and rig it, but that's about all I'm going to do. My hat's off to anyone who does this for a living. I've only been working on this about 5 hours, and I'm sick of looking at it, lol. I can't imagine these PA's spending 2 months or so putting together a project. I'd need a padded cell. Cheers

     

     

    in my beer drinking days (a few decades behind me now) i never had the opportunity to drink keg beer. but i always wanted to polish one to a mirror finish.

    You didn't miss much. It tastes about the same as regular draft beer from a bar or restaurant. One thing I learned doing research for this model is that hand pumps force oxygen into the keg which causes the beer to go flat in a day or so.

    Um... Draft beer IS Keg beer... the Kegs are usually just out of sight...

    All looks good BTW, have been following awhile and thought that was just too funny to pass up not comenting on.

  • KitsumoKitsumo Posts: 946
    Vially said:
    Kitsumo said:
    A3DLover said:
    Kitsumo said:

    Here's what I've been working on today. Writers are supposed to write what they know, so I modeled something I know cheeky.  I still need to add a hose and rig it, but that's about all I'm going to do. My hat's off to anyone who does this for a living. I've only been working on this about 5 hours, and I'm sick of looking at it, lol. I can't imagine these PA's spending 2 months or so putting together a project. I'd need a padded cell. Cheers

     

     

    in my beer drinking days (a few decades behind me now) i never had the opportunity to drink keg beer. but i always wanted to polish one to a mirror finish.

    You didn't miss much. It tastes about the same as regular draft beer from a bar or restaurant. One thing I learned doing research for this model is that hand pumps force oxygen into the keg which causes the beer to go flat in a day or so.

    Um... Draft beer IS Keg beer... the Kegs are usually just out of sight...

    All looks good BTW, have been following awhile and thought that was just too funny to pass up not comenting on.

    Thanks. I never knew anything about bar taps, but I assumed they probably used standard kegs. I guess I'd better get back to work on this thing. I got sidetracked by some other stuff.

  • A3DLoverA3DLover Posts: 170

    A3DLover, I've got a project on at the moment but if you want I could have a go at unwrapping it for you when I'm done.

    oh thanks for the offer John and yes id like that. that model and the klingon vorcha model i uploaded sharecg are trash compared to my recently reworked vorcha version as well this attack ship.
  • A3DLover, if you PM me a link with the HXN file I'll see what I can do :)

  • ProtozoonProtozoon Posts: 267
    Kitsumo said:

    Here's what I've been working on today. Writers are supposed to write what they know, so I modeled something I know cheeky.  I still need to add a hose and rig it, but that's about all I'm going to do. My hat's off to anyone who does this for a living. I've only been working on this about 5 hours, and I'm sick of looking at it, lol. I can't imagine these PA's spending 2 months or so putting together a project. I'd need a padded cell. Cheers

    beer keg beer keg

    Awesome! The subject is quite familiar and the model well executed ;)

  • KitsumoKitsumo Posts: 946

    @Protozoon, thanks! It's my first freebie. I love your work by the way.

  • I just spotted Jon's model of a gondola, and thought "I did one of those" so went looking for a render, could not find it on my local drives so went on the net and found a few on DA.

    Gondola-2.jpg
    1000 x 650 - 51K
  • MaxHancockMaxHancock Posts: 208

    I just spotted Jon's model of a gondola, and thought "I did one of those" so went looking for a render, could not find it on my local drives so went on the net and found a few on DA.

    Looks good!  I have a lot of missing models too. :) 

  • Thanks Max. I do have most of my models backed-up (on External Drives and/or DVDs) but I don't aways back-up my test renders.

Sign In or Register to comment.