Michael and Friends Appreciation Association [Lots of images, please.]

Comments

• Dapper

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,582

Quite handsome! And lavender looks nice on him!

• Quite handsome! And lavender looks nice on him!

^^

Golden

• ByrdieByrdie Posts: 1,781

And... another hundred monitors just melted! 

• Byrdie said:

And... another hundred monitors just melted! 

LOL heart

• Very nice Mal!

Here is Giovanni-a simple portrait. He's still wearing Salvatore's skin atm.  He needs his own. 

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,157
    Butch said:

It dawned on me today, I now have enough G8 boys for a 4 x 100m relay team enlightened

"Genetically", the three brothers on the right all share the same three morphs, in different percentages.  The left chap is no relation. 

The brother with his arms behind his back is the cutest to me.. he's got that trouble maker look to his eyes.

A notation.. I love how you have their packages all different, like every man has a way of put it all in those confines.  Aother reason I like the bro I mentioned liking... .Mmmmmmmmmmmm

Save

Do you use package morphs to get that look or pose the bits and autofit the clothes over them? I've quite a collection of morphs GenXed into Genesis 2 & 3 that will give me variety like that for dressing my guys, but I usually run into problems when I try to use the geografts with clothes. Anyone got pointers on how to do it? 

• mal3Imagerymal3Imagery Posts: 711
    edited October 2017

Very nice Mal!

Here is Giovanni-a simple portrait. He's still wearing Salvatore's skin atm.  He needs his own. 

Love him.  Grey and pepper men :PPP

Sharp & Classy

Post edited by mal3Imagery on
  • ButchButch Posts: 798
    RAMWolff said:

The brother with his arms behind his back is the cutest to me.. he's got that trouble maker look to his eyes.

Yes, he does have a certain impish charm about him wink

Byrdie said:

Do you use package morphs to get that look or pose the bits and autofit the clothes over them? I've quite a collection of morphs GenXed into Genesis 2 & 3 that will give me variety like that for dressing my guys, but I usually run into problems when I try to use the geografts with clothes. Anyone got pointers on how to do it? 

I just stick my hand in and rearrange, as necessary cheeky  I use geografted, so you can turn on smoothing on the cloth and everything's covered, so to speak.  One just needs to make sure gens limits are off, so you can manhandle.  And, most importantly, seeing as daz gens don't go squishy, don't be scared to embed them into the body, to give the proper illusion. 

Remember, you just need to give the illusion that there's something there, it won't work if you're trying to poke an eye out. 

That sounds like the way I usually do it with M4 in Poser when I want to get the DZ Zip undies looking right on him. I'll have to give it a try in Daz with the G3/G8 crew & see how it goes. I'm assuming (mabye wrongly) that some outfits and poses will work better than others using this method? 

I'll remember the turn off limits thing, the no poking eyes out rule might be a little trickier when it comes to Tyler. True Life Robotics must have a bunch of pervy geeks in their design department 'cuz that droid is packing some major artillery. surprise

Huh::: I will have to try that sometime... I tend to just use bulge morphs.. but now I am curious about this...

• genarisgenaris Posts: 313
    Butch said:
    RAMWolff said:

...stick my hand in and rearrange, as necessary cheeky  I use geografted, so you can turn on smoothing on the cloth and everything's covered, so to speak.  One just needs to make sure gens limits are off, so you can manhandle.  And, most importantly, seeing as daz gens don't go squishy, don't be scared to embed them into the body, to give the proper illusion. 

Remember, you just need to give the illusion that there's something there, it won't work if you're trying to poke an eye out. 

Butch, could you give us a little how-to, step by step here on this, or point to a tutorial?  I'm not getting what's happening. I thought at first you were talking about adding a geoSHELL ( to man? or junk? or panties?) then adding the appropriate texture to that, but then I re-read--  and you're saying you geografted ? something? somewhere and l'm (danger Will Robinson!) Lost In Space. :)      I don't know nuuttin' 'bout birthin' no geografts!

~Gen

• genaris said:
    Butch said:
    RAMWolff said:

...stick my hand in and rearrange, as necessary cheeky  I use geografted, so you can turn on smoothing on the cloth and everything's covered, so to speak.  One just needs to make sure gens limits are off, so you can manhandle.  And, most importantly, seeing as daz gens don't go squishy, don't be scared to embed them into the body, to give the proper illusion. 

Butch, could you give us a little how-to, step by step here on this, or point to a tutorial?  I'm not getting what's happening. I thought at first you were talking about adding a geoSHELL ( to man? or junk? or panties?) then adding the appropriate texture to that, but then I re-read--  and you're saying you geografted ? something? somewhere and l'm (danger Will Robinson!) Lost In Space. :)      I don't know nuuttin' 'bout birthin' no geografts!

~Gen

You add your preferred geografted junk to your preferred Genesis dude. Then tuck it close to the body. Activate smoothing and collision on the clothing and it will fit over the junk to make a nice-looking bulge. Kinda like cheap sorta but not really dynamics.

genaris said:
    Butch said:
    RAMWolff said:

You add your preferred geografted junk to your preferred Genesis dude. Then tuck it close to the body. Activate smoothing and collision on the clothing and it will fit over the junk to make a nice-looking bulge. Kinda like cheap sorta but not really dynamics.

Oh, okay, that clears things up some, thanks, agent unawares! BUT, by "geografted" junk, does that mean um, 3rd-party manufactured junk ONLY or does it also include the OEM junk that daz makes for the genesis(x) males?

~Gen

• genaris said:
    genaris said:
    Butch said:
    RAMWolff said:

Oh, okay, that clears things up some, thanks, agent unawares! BUT, by "geografted" junk, does that mean um, 3rd-party manufactured junk ONLY or does it also include the OEM junk that daz makes for the genesis(x) males?

~Gen

OEM junk works fine.

smileyTHANKS, Agent Unawares!

edited October 2017

This pose amused me.... It was from the Professional Trainer set. So I had to use it. =-)

beachhight5.jpg
    1400 x 1600 - 3M
    Post edited by Serene Night on
  • That's awesome, Serene.  Really shows the size difference between the two as well.  The POV is great.

So you did get it to work with 2 guys, I'd wondered about that. Will have to give it a second look in that case, yes that is an interesting pose. Guess they're having a little friendly competition there, gee, I wonder what the stakes are? wink

edited October 2017

That's awesome, Serene.  Really shows the size difference between the two as well.  The POV is great.

Very true. Owen's actually not short, he’s about 6’1 but he looks it compared to Boyd whose bioengineered body is taller.

Byrdie said:

So you did get it to work with 2 guys, I'd wondered about that. Will have to give it a second look in that case, yes that is an interesting pose.

The set highly favors women's poses. There are some poses for the gents, but they don't make alternates. This was a female-only pose, but it looked pretty good I thought.   I haven't tried the others, since a lot of the poses aren't for the type of workouts the guys would regularly do. But might be useful for other sorts of athletic endeavors.

Guess they're having a little friendly competition there, gee, I wonder what the stakes are? wink

HEH! If Owen wins, Boyd is buying a case of Pumpkin spice latte and the next round of beer for the week.   If Boyd wins, Owen is on the hook for expensive dinner, a movie (usually involving superheroes) and more. Oh wait, they probably already do that stuff regardless of who wins. Maybe it is time to up the stakes. wink

Post edited by Serene Night on

:giggles: If they're anything like the stakes my boys play for, even the loser wins.  devil

This pose amused me.... It was from the Professional Trainer set. So I had to use it. =-)

Although it's a splendid image, I'm sure it'd be so much better if the clothing could be made dynamic, within the daz, without resorting to external software wink

Byrdie said:

:giggles: If they're anything like the stakes my boys play for, even the loser wins.  devil

You let your boys win?  Maybe that's where I"m going wrong with mine?

• Finally got around to use Ragnar in a render. I always imagined him with long dark hair and Olenna hair seems quite nicely convertible to male for this purpose.

Also tried to get the "everyone is moving while the main object stands still" camera effect.

Also tried to get the "everyone is moving while the main object stands still" camera effect.

Which works very well!!  Great pic yes

Yep, he's dressed.

Oh my! Just how teeny is that bikini? My imagination says delightfully itsy-bitsy. laugh Must be a Never-Ending Summer wherever he is, certainly not Freeze-Your-Buns-Off-Time-Also-Known-As-Autumn like where I live. Already got frost warnings ...brrrr...much too cold for bikinis around here. 

edited October 2017

@Byrdie  It's this big... https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/438806 I might add, it's now spring and I'm already wearing shorts to work. 

Post edited by Butch on
    Butch said:

Although it's a splendid image, I'm sure it'd be so much better if the clothing could be made dynamic, within the daz, without resorting to external software wink

I hate to be realist but I suspect if there is dynamic clothing it will be used to give Victoria 9 long flowing knickers. If there are any dynamic outfits made they will likely have fits for Victoria because that is what the store revolves around.

@Serene Night   You mean to say, you haven't been playing with "dforce" yet?  surprise     https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/203201/daz-3d-introduces-dforce-physics-engine/p1

This discussion has been closed.