The [Disco Chives] Misplaced Parrot Complaint Thread

Comments

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,762

Do you mean it's not bedtime yet? Darn. 14 more hrs to go. It's already been 6

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,378

Sfariah D said:

My knee is bothering me and I don't know what to do about it.

Do you know if there is a long term cause, such as an injury when younger, that may be provoking pain these days? If you do, I do hope you don't have my problem of the end of the long bones breaking up in the joint. That was caused many years ago by a motorcycle accident where I left my leg between my bike & the car I drove in front of (Canadians, nice as they are, drive on the wrong side of the road. So, I instinctively looked in the wrong place when crossing traffic and landed up in a very nice hospital in Vancouver for a day). Occasionally my knee locked up as bits of broken bone & cartilege got wedged in the joint. It was annoying and has been partly fixed since a sequence of operations 30 years ago. In the 30 years since the operations, it's occasionally painful, particularly in wet weather, and swells up. Nothing to be done except wince, smile sweetly & get on with it. Much better than the alternative of going under the knife again.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,914

TJohn said:

Good morning!

Morning at 3:59PM ?

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,146

TJohn said:

Good morning!

And to you!   Mine just got started less than an hour ago!  I hope it'll be good! 

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,055

It's always morning somewhere.  :)

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,365
    edited April 17

Complaint:  My morning started out blech.frown  Rain, cold.  My bus didn't stop for me and had to come back to pick me up.  Usual bus route through the local swamp was flooded, but the bus drove through it anyway (water up to the hubs.  Bus was late getting to my Urologist appointment.  Left my umbrella on the bus. (*sigh*).sad  Wheee..., an adventure!yes

But the rest of the morning was tolerable.  Urologist was happy, said no need to come back in 6 months but will see me in a year.  Walked in rain, two blocks to the  BigLots where I bought a couple months of snacks.blush  Toddled over to Tim Horton's for breakfast.smiley  Got cash from the bank in the same area.  Uber driver was johnny-on-the-spot and arrived 1 minute after I called.  Got home and entered all my expenses into my spreadsheet and checked all my balances; and miracle upon miracles they all balanced the first time.surprise

Non-complaint:  Yay, symphony weekend is finally here.  Going to Buffalo's Kleinhans Music Hall Sunday afternoon for a performance of Sibelius: 2nd Symphony.heartAlso on the program is the Beethoven: 5th Piano Concerto ("The Emperor Concerto") heart  And my symphony buddy said he'd pay for the tickets this time.  Surprise, surprise!yescool  ​(I'll buy dinner for us on the way back.)

Sibelius: Symphony #2   (Imagine a dangerous 3-day hike across the Scandanavian mountains: listen for the final obstacle, the windstorm, between 42:30 and 45:00)yes

Beethoven: Piano Concerto #5 ("Emperor")

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • RezcaRezca Posts: 3,393

AgitatedRiot said:

Sfariah D said:

It is my birthday.

i don't know how to make catfish.  I haven't researched how to convince Cory cats to spawn.  I know I need at least one boy Cory and at least one girl Cory.

+1  belated birthday surprise cake wishes yay!

It is not my birthday. 

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,951

I hurt my knee last year trying to help a church put up Christmas decorations in their front yard.

I also moved on April 7 which did not help my knee.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,146

TJohn said:

It is not my birthday. 

Well, happy just another day, then! 

I am trying to decide if I want to change my wifi router's name and also the password?  I am using spectrum and I need to figure out how to find that info out.

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,648

For very unclear reasons, within the last hour or so, all my Youtube ads have been Dutch.

• beregarberegar Posts: 269

Semi-Complaint: My youtube hours have gone significantly down since I decided I would stop watching any youtube vid that advertised me "feminine products". I'm not in the correct demographic for tampons, pads, menstrual cups, period underwear and/or pregnancy clothes, lip gloss, moisturizers and whatever the hell they insist I absolutely need - and those are pretty much the only ads I get despite allowing targeted ads.

Like my youtube history is all about physics (i.e. Sabine Hossenfelder), climate technology (i.e. Just Have a Think) and funny science vids (i.e. Kurzgesagt), wildlife protection & climate change news (i.e. Planet Wild and Mossy Earth), tiger and other exotic feline videos (because housecats are so last year!), and country comparison channels and shorts (i.e. Type Ashton) and a bit of rock climbing, fitness, gardening, funny gaming channels and animations in the mix... and this pretty much extends to my search history in addition to local news, 3d stuff and wikipedia.

Apparently with that browsing history you get tampons?

Gordig said:

For very unclear reasons, within the last hour or so, all my Youtube ads have been Dutch.

It's all Dutch to me.  

beregar said:

Semi-Complaint: My youtube hours have gone significantly down since I decided I would stop watching any youtube vid that advertised me "feminine products". I'm not in the correct demographic for tampons, pads, menstrual cups, period underwear and/or pregnancy clothes, lip gloss, moisturizers and whatever the hell they insist I absolutely need - and those are pretty much the only ads I get despite allowing targeted ads.

Like my youtube history is all about physics (i.e. Sabine Hossenfelder), climate technology (i.e. Just Have a Think) and funny science vids (i.e. Kurzgesagt), wildlife protection & climate change news (i.e. Planet Wild and Mossy Earth), tiger and other exotic feline videos (because housecats are so last year!), and country comparison channels and shorts (i.e. Type Ashton) and a bit of rock climbing, fitness, gardening, funny gaming channels and animations in the mix... and this pretty much extends to my search history in addition to local news, 3d stuff and wikipedia.

I had a good joke for here, but I'm fairly sure a Mod would shoot me down.  :D

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,914

beregar said:

There are tampons for men too blush 

edited April 18

PerttiA said:

beregar said:

There are tampons for men too blush 

I can't even begin to imagine how that works logistically but I assume it's one of those "I'm too old or too young for this [stuff]" situations and just point out that they definitely are not something I can ever imagine needing myself - though who knows, because as I have eluded before, I literally can't imagine.

After spending 20 minutes delving on my google ad settings and app connections I believe I managed to YET AGAIN remove both clothing and women's clothing from the "trending topics"... or at least apply the "see fewer like this" as the button is called.

Not sure if they actually apply here but I guess if they pop back I should just accept the loss and start buying dressess and pads... Not sure what I'm gonna do with them though.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • NylonGirlNylonGirl Posts: 1,668

Gordig said:

Did you by chance have a VPN with the location set to Denmark? Either way, it was worthwhile coming here today just to read that comment. 

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 98,453

NylonGirl said:

Gordig said:

Did you by chance have a VPN with the location set to Denmark? Either way, it was worthwhile coming here today just to read that comment. 

Denmark?

Which pot doesn't have any seeds?

Richard Haseltine said:

NylonGirl said:

Gordig said:

Denmark?

Netherlands? 

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,551

Sfariah D said:

Which pot doesn't have any seeds?

A tea pot. 

NylonGirl said:

Gordig said:

My VPN was set to British Columbia, not the Netherlands (much less Denmark).

Gordig said:

NylonGirl said:

Gordig said:

My VPN was set to British Columbia, not the Netherlands (much less Denmark).

Were you by chance using a Dutch oven that happened to be connected to your wi-fi?

I neither own a Dutch oven, nor am I entirely certain what one is.

I thought I heard eine Maus in my room but it was a wasp, I'm pretty sure.  Don't want to check out to make sure.

now to get some sleep and ignore the wasp.  Don't want to bother that insect.

Non-complaint: I got a 2€ McFlurry discount coupon from McDonald's "First of May" (Mayday?) game.

Complaint: Their ice cream machine is broken...

The ice cream machine at McDonald's is always broken. No one knows why.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,762

It's the shake machine here. It may work a week out of the year

edited April 19

frank0314 said:

It's the shake machine here. It may work a week out of the year

It's apparently the same machine because those are also unavailable. It's actually used to be quite rare for it to break but in the last month it has been broken more often than not...

According to interwebs it's because they are stuck with a machine from a single manufacturer (Taylor) and because the semi-automated cleaning process apparently takes four hours, and if it spits out an error code, you need a certified technician to check it. Interesting article here: https://www.wired.com/story/they-hacked-mcdonalds-ice-cream-makers-started-cold-war/

Makes you wonder...

Post edited by beregar on
This discussion has been closed.