• NylonGirlNylonGirl Posts: 1,668

The chives are burning brightly...

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,762
    edited May 16

PerttiA said:

AgitatedRiot said:

Rain every day for the last week or so. AAARRRRGGGHHHH

Not here smiley 

We have rain about 4-5 days out of the week and always without a doubt on the weekends so you really can't get anything done. My body hasn't stopped throbbing in 2 months now.

Post edited by frank0314 on
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,146

The When Will Winter Get the Memo That It's Over? thread.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,762

I've been asking the same. We have a week of 80F+ weather and then the next week in the low 50Fs getting down to the upper 30s at night. It's slowly getting better through. Now its been in teh 80s and then when a system rolls through it only drops to low 60s

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,365
    edited May 16

Non-complaint:  Wheee...  My symphony buddy called and invited me to breakfast next Monday.  Yay, a mini-adventure.yes  And we'll be heading to the south side (instead of the usual east, west or center) of the city where there are a couple stores I need to visit.

Complaint:  It's getting warmer and I dug out my summer attire.  Unfortunately, they're all made for fat people 50 pounds heavier than I am now.  And I don't even have any clothespins or safety pins to cinch them tight enough to stay on.wink  Gotta go to the mall to get new summer clothes($$) at JC Penny. frown   But wheee... excitement.

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,378

Complaint: I'm an idiot.

Reason: We have a wildlife garden. To attract more Sparrows I made a block of Sparrow Flats (6 nest boxes in a long pallet plank). Sparrows are intensely sociable birds, and like to nest together. So, not only are the flats full, but there are 6-10 nests in adjacent bushes. That's fine. But I put the flats up just outside our bedroom window. And now it's warming up, we sleep with the window open. So, at dawn when the Sparrows wake up, several dozen sit on the phone line outside the bedroom window and shout at each other to update each other on the gossip. And we can't sleep due to the noise after 4:45 am. That's why I'm an idiot.

Regards,

Richard.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,825
    edited May 17

...non complaint. weather has actually been nice and mild the last several days.

However change is in the forecast by the middle of next week onwards as we're coming up on Memorial Day Weekend, so of course, it has to rain on our picnics and barbeques.

...The Sparrows Talk Too Loud Compalint Thread. 
    ...The Sparrows Are Drowning Out The Cicadias Compalint Thread. 
    ...The Summer Turned Back To Winter Compalint Thread.
    ...The City Lights Drowned Out The Aurora Compalint Thread.
    ...The Let Me Off This Cosnmic Carnival Ride Compalint Thread.
    ...The Soaking Wet Picnic Hot Dogs Compalint Thread.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,055

The New and Improved Complaint Thread (Patent Pending)

edited May 17

kyoto kid said:

...non complaint. weather has actually been nice and mild the last several days.

However change is in the forecast by the middle of next week onwards as we're coming up on Memorial Day Weekend, so of course, it has to rain on our picnics and barbeques.

OT: The Dangers of Cutting & Pasting Without Checking its Spelling, Complaint Thread    

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 8,062
    edited May 17

LeatherGryphon said:

kyoto kid said:

OT: The Dangers of Cutting & Pasting Without Checking its Spelling, Complaint Thread

I blame my spelling on my Dyslexia Complaint Thread   

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,951

I stayed home today. Not sure if it is a complaint or a non complaint.

do I want to make pancakes or waffles?

• AgitatedRiotAgitatedRiot Posts: 4,396

Waffles. Fax me some when they are ready.

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,055
    The Easy to Get Along with Compliant Thread
  • Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,551
    edited May 17

The 'There Are Too Many Cookie Agreement Popups Complaint Thread'

Post edited by Charlie Judge on

AgitatedRiot said:

Waffles. Fax me some when they are ready.

but I don't have a fax machine  

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,914

Sfariah D said:

I stayed home today. Not sure if it is a complaint or a non complaint.

I didn't stay at home, nor did I go to work and in some aspects, that is a complaint.

Mom had cataract surgery on her second eye (the other one was operated a while ago), and the hospital is in the middle of rather large (for Finland) city 40 miles away, it was during rush hour at 25C (77F), traffic was crawling and the car decided to wet herself when we got to the hospital, there must have been half a gallon of water under the car.

Found no ruptured hoses, had just enough water to fill up the expansion tank and headed for the nearest gas station to get more water.
    No more loss of water had happened when I got to the gas station, and I traced the source to the overflow pipe for the expansion tank.

Reason is still a mystery, as the engine was running fine without any misfiring or strange noises and we did get back home without any more water loss.

"640K ought to be enough for anybody" - B Gates

I think $640K will enough for me!  Oh! Wait!   I don't think it is a good idea.

The music is playing... the last chives are about to be rolled up and go out in a blaze of disco glory...

edited May 17

Complaint:  I dug out my laptop computer.  Ancient machine.(4GB RAM, 2-core Pentium, Win7 originally)  but a solid well built machine in near pristine condition (no scratches, no stains, clean) except that it doesn't turn on if the battery's installed.frown  Took out the battery, but it failed to boot completely.  Performed a "fix-boot" type OS operation and it boots now, but when I try to run Windows Update, it resets after a few minutes.  Ran memory and disk diagnostics.  AOK.  Many tries of many operations later, I gave up and told it to pull a System Image from my external backup for it.  Waiting to see if this gets any farther.  If not, then the next fallback is to download latest Win10 and re-install from USB stick.  Hmmm..., I wonder if 4MB RAM is too small for modern Win10 requirements.  Lots of personal data on that laptop, but I have a copy of everything on my external backup drive.  

If all my attempts fail.  I'll take it to the  local 'puter fixit lady to get her to see if the battery problem is solvable or if the machine is at all useable for nostalgic reasons.  I hate to just throw it away.  It's been a good friend for well over 12 years.frown

A few minutes later: Ah-ha, beginning to suspect a dead fan.enlightened Haven't heard the fan at all during operation.  Trying to cool externally for now.

edited May 17

NylonGirl said:

The music is playing... the last chives are about to be rolled up and go out in a blaze of disco glory...

The final chives are on the verge of being bundled up and departing in a spectacular display of disco magnificence.  Oh, and something about some Parrot or other being Misplaced.

Post edited by AgitatedRiot on

Complaint:  Laptop is sick.sad  Continued examination finds fan working properly, no dust in cooling system, stayed up long enough to get a H/W monitor app installed to monitor heat, no overheating, but unexpected instant resets still plague it.  Perhaps power supply problems because of bad battery situation?  This loyal old machine may just have to be let out to pasture and rest.  To be woken up only to say "Good doggy, daddy loves you, now go back to sleep."  Probably not worth a new battery, and professional surgery for internal h/w rot.  But maybe the fixit lady has a half-decent reconditioned laptop for a justifiable price?  Trouble is, I don't really need a laptop anymore, I could limp along with a smart phone if necessary.  But I feel naked not having a laptop handy.

What am I doing?

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,825
    edited May 18

LeatherGryphon said:

kyoto kid said:

...yeah Notepad doesn't have spell check but it is the only way I can get single line spacing into forum posts.  Word also puts an extra line space after pressing <Enter> unless you use bulleting or numbering .

...The Why Can't We Get Single Line Spacing In the Forums Complaint Thread?

Bunyip02 said:

I blame my spelling on my Dyslexia Complaint Thread   

...that too.

Sfariah D said:

"640K ought to be enough for anybody" - B Gates

I think $640K will enough for me!  Oh! Wait!   I don't think it is a good idea.

...640,000$ would be more than enough for me.  I could finally upgrade my poor old 13 year old system so I can use Daz 5 (if it ever finally comes out) and take that return trip to Europe I've wanted to for years (on the Queen Mary II)..  

AgitatedRiot said:

NylonGirl said:

The final chives are on the verge of being bundled up and departing in a spectacular display of disco magnificence.  Oh, and something about some Parrot or other being Misplaced.

..."The Box is Locked , The Lights Are On, It's Thread Renaming Time!" 

Post edited by kyoto kid on

Maybe try holding down the Shift key while pressing Enter?

THE MAD VAGUE COMPLAINT THREAD

I think I'm going to bed soon.

AgitatedRiot said:

THE MAD VAGUE COMPLAINT THREAD

No, holding down the Shift key while pressing Enter
    makes it possible to go to the next line single spaced instead of doublespaced. 

• ArtAngelArtAngel Posts: 1,619

The Rumble of Grumbles devil

Groans & Moans Won't Break Your Bones

The Chronic Complaint Corner - We have No Button to Press 

Chaotic Complaints fromTrapped Cool Cats.

Ps. Maybe I should open a bottle of wine and come back with some better suggestions.

Okay after one glass: Who Pooped in my Cornflakes? surprise

edited May 18

Complaint:  Arghhh..., my lab is falling apart.  Another one of my small LED desklamps died.  And now my shared keyboard doesn't connect to my gaming machine anymore either.  The sky is falling, the sky is falling.

New thread here https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/687436/the-sky-is-falling-complaint-thread

Post edited by frank0314 on
This discussion has been closed.