The [Disco Chives] Misplaced Parrot Complaint Thread

Comments

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,951

McGyver said:

The sun is getting weird...

I noticed that as I was coming home.  Took a nap.  Woke up remembering what is going on.  I went and got the glasses I got for that reason.

• AgitatedRiotAgitatedRiot Posts: 4,396

Phew, the Earth is still here, and the omens were incorrect.

Great article 

Indigenous Solar Eclipse Stories Across North America - Atlas Obscura

• NylonGirlNylonGirl Posts: 1,668

"Undone" is one of my favorite shows. An edgy woman who everybody thinks is just a screwup, but she may have a superpower, but everybody thinks she's just crazy. And ultimately she isn't sure herself if she's crazy or not. I find it all so relatable. Along with Gothika, Alita Battle Angel, and Resident Evil, Undone pretty much sums up my teenage years. And two of those shows starred Rosa Salazar. That's like getting two posts from McGyver in the midst of the Dazpocalypse. I'm pretty sure it predates the current type of AI art. I really wish it had been all live action.

I got my echo dot working in time to go to bed.

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,648

NylonGirl said:

I really wish it had been all live action.

I do agree with the director that the show had to be animated, because it does a great job at utilizing the medium of animation as a storytelling tool. After the first episode, the show would have been almost entirely CGI, and marrying the kind of CGI needed for the story with live-action footage would be much harder and much more expensive than marrying hand-rotoscoped figures with other hand-drawn art.

Gordig said:

NylonGirl said:

I really wish it had been all live action.

I do agree with the director that the show had to be animated, because it does a great job at utilizing the medium of animation as a storytelling tool. After the first episode, the show would have been almost entirely CGI, and marrying the kind of CGI needed for the story with live-action footage would be much harder and much more expensive than marrying hand-rotoscoped figures with other hand-drawn art.

I suppose so. But some of us like our Rosa Salazar with no filter. 

• Sigh. Going to have to file federal taxes now and pay Uncle Sam, only to refile later in the year whenever Nelnet decides to start working again so that I can download my proper loan interest form and claim that on my actual return.

Login problems stem back years at this point, they'll never fix it because why would they? They don't have to compete in any capitalistic/open market sort of way, their customers are all forced to use them.

If I can return to work soon, next year I will have to do taxes.

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,055
    I hope I don't have go back to work, mainly because I'm too old. Yep.
    Page 90: The Totality Complaint Thread
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,915

TJohn said:

For me, the 'official' age for retirement (65) is still 5 years in the future, but I thought to keep pestering my coworkers, especially the ones in sales for 10 more years devil

PerttiA said:

TJohn said:

For me, the 'official' age for retirement (65) is still 5 years in the future, but I thought to keep pestering my coworkers, especially the ones in sales for 10 more years devil

That'll show them. ;÷)
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,915

TJohn said:

PerttiA said:

That'll show them. ;÷)

Yep, this is me giving feedback to the sales wink

They have even immortalized the state of mind in the company's vocabulary as "Pertittää" (=feeling extremely annoyed by some id**t not taking the trouble to figure out, what they have sold)

I'm using my milk so quickly.  I also made an egg and two bacon strips for breakfast.  That was the perfect amount.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,146
    edited April 10

TJohn said:

Well, enjoy your day(s) off! 

Post edited by DanaTA on

I'm hungry.  I hope to have a good lunch soon.

Man, this place seems dead!  Nothing in this thread since before noon (Eastern time) yesterday!  Nothing in the other threads I follow, either.

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,378
    I think some secateurs have been waved in the vicinity.

DanaTA said:

Man, this place seems dead!  Nothing in this thread since before noon (Eastern time) yesterday!  Nothing in the other threads I follow, either.

I have been busy since I moved.  Today I was busy unpacking, until now. 

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,365

DanaTA said:

The eclipse is at fault.devil 

LeatherGryphon said:

DanaTA said:

So, it really did have some sort of mystical power?   laugh 

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,365

DanaTA said:

LeatherGryphon said:

DanaTA said:

So, it really did have some sort of mystical power?   laugh 

I thought mysticals were what formed when you spray mist in a freezer.indecision 

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,825
    edited April 12

TJohn said:

...too old and broken down here.  

DanaTA said:

...apologies, slept in Thursday morning.

Post edited by kyoto kid on

Complaint: I want to soak it in the tub, but the faucet isn't working. Very little water is coming out. I want a nice warm soak and then a cool shower to wash it off. But no, now I have to shower in the other bathroom. There is no time to relax and let the ache wash away.

Complaint: Replacing the bathtub and plumbing will cost six thousand dollars. It is scheduled for next month.

Complaint:  trying to install my new canon printer to the wifi.  I got progress until I put in the wrong wifi password.  I think it is like I put a 5 instead of a 4 for the password.

Sfariah D said:

Complaint:  trying to install my new canon printer to the wifi.  I got progress until I put in the wrong wifi password.  I think it is like I put a 5 instead of a 4 for the password.

Pretty short passwords. Maybe a few more letters and numbers added to the password will secure the wifilaugh

If it's that hard to type the wifi password then it would probably be better to just use an ethernet cable for the printer.

Our lawn was getting fairly fluffy so I didn't see any way around mowing it. A lot of the dandelions are so low to the ground that they survived the mow. And there are some strange blue flowers on a vine, probably alien plants.

I had blood drawn today. From a medical professional, not somebody trying to kill me. I was surprised by how it doesn't hurt. It's way less brutal than what I remember. Either the technology has greatly improved since then or they were just trying to kill me back then.

All is well.

AgitatedRiot said:

Sfariah D said:

Pretty short passwords. Maybe a few more letters and numbers added to the password will secure the wifilaugh

Actually it has a bunch of letters and 3 numbers, so not just one number. 

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 98,453

NylonGirl said:

If it's that hard to type the wifi password then it would probably be better to just use an ethernet cable for the printer.

Thata ssumes it has one - we have a Canon and an HP here, both have WiFi but no Ethernet. I think that is generally true for "home" printers.

Our lawn was getting fairly fluffy so I didn't see any way around mowing it. A lot of the dandelions are so low to the ground that they survived the mow. And there are some strange blue flowers on a vine, probably alien plants.

I had blood drawn today. From a medical professional, not somebody trying to kill me. I was surprised by how it doesn't hurt. It's way less brutal than what I remember. Either the technology has greatly improved since then or they were just trying to kill me back then.

All is well.

Just realized there is no actual rule about not eating in the bedroom at this place.

Also does anyone know what box has my stappler in it?

This discussion has been closed.