The [Disco Chives] Misplaced Parrot Complaint Thread

Comments

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,825
    edited April 13

NylonGirl said:

I had blood drawn today. From a medical professional, not somebody trying to kill me. I was surprised by how it doesn't hurt. It's way less brutal than what I remember. Either the technology has greatly improved since then or they were just trying to kill me back then.

All is well.

...when I lived in Wisconsin I had that done on a daily basis during summer evenings, usually by a bunch of a certain type of insect rather than a medical professional, and not voluntarily..

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • AgitatedRiotAgitatedRiot Posts: 4,396

Sfariah D said:

Just realized there is no actual rule about not eating in the bedroom at this place.

Also does anyone know what box has my stappler in it?

It's next to the box of Stables. 

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,951

AgitatedRiot said:

Sfariah D said:

Just realized there is no actual rule about not eating in the bedroom at this place.

Also does anyone know what box has my stappler in it?

It's next to the box of Stables. 

I found a box of staples but it wasn't next to the stapler 

Why is Dominos so expensive?

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,378
    Yeah. Don't much like them. Seems fairly poor value for money.
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,762

Npn complaint - I was making fried catfish today and fish sticks for the wife cause she doesn't like fish or anything else that comes from water. Stage woman, I'm not exactly sure how we ended up together, but it's been 28 years so something went right, lol. Anyway, I was frying the fish and her fish sticks were already cooking, I just turned the fish over to cook the other side and went to our back door because storms were coming through. I looked down and 4 stray cats from the neighborhood were sitting on the porch looking up at me. I think they decided to invite themselves for dinner. I made a piece too many so took the breading off cut it up and took it out to them along with some regular cat food, just don't let my two cats know about that. 

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,825

...fortunately my apartment is on the fifth floor so no neighbourhood felines show up when I cook fish. However, the person in the apartment next door has two cats and wondering if they notice. 

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,646

frank0314 said:

Npn complaint - I was making fried catfish today and fish sticks for the wife cause she doesn't like fish or anything else that comes from water.

You're raising a lot of questions about what the fish sticks were made of.

Gordig said:

frank0314 said:

Npn complaint - I was making fried catfish today and fish sticks for the wife cause she doesn't like fish or anything else that comes from water.

You're raising a lot of questions about what the fish sticks were made of.

Not sure why she will eat the fish sticks and not the fresh fish, but I know I have to give her half of a bottle of tarter sauce for her to be able to eat them. I don't wanna know what goes into fish sticks. I'll stick with the real stuff.

• NylonGirlNylonGirl Posts: 1,668

I have a friend who once told me she was in the same trap. She hates eating any kind of fish. So her husband keeps bringing her different types of fish to try. Other than that, he was a pretty great guy, I suppose. But that was years ago. Maybe by now he's run out of types of fish to try.

It is my birthday.

i don't know how to make catfish.  I haven't researched how to convince Cory cats to spawn.  I know I need at least one boy Cory and at least one girl Cory.

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,378

I knew a seller who went to pubs in Chatham (UK) every weekend selling crab sticks. They were 95% Pollock, 5% Crab.

My fleabags (aka 'cats') like fish tasting cat food, and totally ignore lumps of the real thing. They do, however, adore the taste of the insides of a mouse or rat. There's no accounting for taste.

Regards,

Richard

Sfariah D said:

It is my birthday.

i don't know how to make catfish.  I haven't researched how to convince Cory cats to spawn.  I know I need at least one boy Cory and at least one girl Cory.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 98,453

NylonGirl said:

I have a friend who once told me she was in the same trap. She hates eating any kind of fish. So her husband keeps bringing her different types of fish to try. Other than that, he was a pretty great guy, I suppose. But that was years ago. Maybe by now he's run out of types of fish to try.

as long as he didn't then move on to cephalopods

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,365

Salmon, fresh or canned:  Baked, fried, Cajun blackened, or as patties ... Mmmm... salmon.yes  Other fish? Meh, ​not so much.indecision  When I die, squeeze me to save the mercury.sad

Richard Haseltine said:

NylonGirl said:

Cephalopods (and mollusks) are, arguably, distinct from fish as a food. My wife eats fish, but won't touch any other kind of seafood, while I much prefer "seafood" over fish.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 98,453

Gordig said:

Richard Haseltine said:

NylonGirl said:

Cephalopods (and mollusks) are, arguably, distinct from fish as a food. My wife eats fish, but won't touch any other kind of seafood, while I much prefer "seafood" over fish.

The distinction was the point.

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,393

Been an eternity,  been busy and away and busy and also away.

Finishing up and fine-tuning an art piece soon to be uploaded;  keep saying "one more tweak"! 

I was experiencing a bit of Blank Canvas Curse, not having any ideas or sense of what to really do or what to use. Gordig suggested taking a list of the content I had on hand and shuffling it into a randomizer (Such as my favorite, Random.org) and picking 2 ~ 3 of the top results and using them in a scene.

I spent a few hours gathering up my content - for the time being mostly just DAZ3D/Renderosity and Kitbash3D, but later to include content from other storefronts and content I made myself - and at the end had 587 items on my list. I shuffled them and the top three picks were
    -Wyverdreki - The Wyvern
    -Flashlights Set
    -Dragon's Gold

An idea came to me almost immediately. A day and a half later, I had the scene finished!  "Finished",  but then 'wait, one last tweak this time for reals'

The flashlight is almost entirely not visible in the dark, but its there! Also, I learned a few things while working on it too!

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,365
    edited April 16

Not Salmon:  This area (western NY State) has traditionally been a big eater of Friday night fish-fry restaurant meals.  Some type of a basic white fish, battered & fried, covering most of the plate, with a pile of coleslaw, baked potato, baked beans and a bread roll, sour cream, lemon slice, and tartar sauce on the side.  Meh, OK, but I still like salmon better. 

But in the warm seasons it was always a tradition to go to Lake Erie and get a smoked Whitefish.  Mmmm. a whole, large, cold, smoked fish(watch out for the bones).  Friends sitting in the back yard, a box of Saltine crackers, fingering off chunks of cold, firm, fish flesh with that smokey, aroma and taste.  Accompanied by a dry champagne or a white wine and a block of a good blue cheese.  Mmmm, good times.smiley

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
    edited April 16

Behold, the wyvern's lair.  I got so wrapped up in this it felt so good to build a scene again!

Linkies!

Never could figure out why the light did this though... The shaft cone is there but its just... All a sudden the lighting pops into existence and I couldn't figure out why. The Fog Volume is covering it, there's no hidden objects obscuring it,  I just don't get it.

So I used a flare to obscure it xD

Post edited by Rezca on

I like filling out the  'DAZ Items Used...'  fields.  It makes a submission feel more 'complete' to me, and there's always the chance someone will see the image and maybe discover a new item they didn't see before!

Rezca said:

I was experiencing a bit of Blank Canvas Curse, not having any ideas or sense of what to really do or what to use. Gordig suggested taking a list of the content I had on hand and shuffling it into a randomizer (Such as my favorite, Random.org) and picking 2 ~ 3 of the top results and using them in a scene.

I don't know how it didn't occur to me until just now that that was why you were doing that.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,146

Rezca said:

Behold, the wyvern's lair.  I got so wrapped up in this it felt so good to build a scene again!

Linkies!

Never could figure out why the light did this though... The shaft cone is there but its just... All a sudden the lighting pops into existence and I couldn't figure out why. The Fog Volume is covering it, there's no hidden objects obscuring it,  I just don't get it.

So I used a flare to obscure it xD

Nice job! 

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,055
    Vrrooom, vrrooom, rrrrrrrrrrrr! Oops, out of gas... Where did I leave my coffee mug?
    edited April 16

TJohn said:

Vrrooom, vrrooom, rrrrrrrrrrrr! Oops, out of gas... Where did I leave my coffee mug?

I get my cars from Daz3D or Rendo.  

Post edited by Sfariah D on

LeatherGryphon said:

Salmon, fresh or canned:  Baked, fried, Cajun blackened, or as patties ... Mmmm... salmon.yes  Other fish? Meh, ​not so much.indecision  When I die, squeeze me to save the mercury.sad

Mine are of course Salmon then bluefin tuna, then dolphin (not flipper, the Dolphinfish not the mammal for thoughts who aren't familiar with the species, Hawaiians call it Mahi Mahi), but they need to be fresh or flash-frozen.

My knee is bothering me and I don't know what to do about it.

An educated guess would be to call a Dr's. I just canceled my appt last Mon with my Ortho for my knees. He just keeps giving me shots that barely work. I need an MRI but unfortunately can't get one atm because my spinal cord stimulator is only compatible with brain MRIs (which funny enough I've utilized). I need to get it replaced in a couple of months hopefully so I can get the knee and back MRI to see if I need surgery on the knees and another 1-2 levels fused on my spine. Dr said at least 1 but probably 2 levels on the back.

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,055

Good morning!

This discussion has been closed.