Easy Environments: ExoPlanet VIII (Daz Studio) [Commercial]

Comments

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770
    Flipmode said:

Hehe, no, not offended by a flying bra, no worries.

I think we need to render this soon, against one of your backgrounds. I'll throw in a cupcake song too. LOL

edited December 2016
    Ivy said:
    Flipmode said:
    Llynara said:

Flipmode- The links to my books are in my signature. ...

Oh my, blind fool flip.
    "Little Ones" is lovely!

Fun render Ivy! I am irritated as to why he leaves a bra in his trail ;)
    OOOoooh shhhii--iii------t !!!! reminds me of the snowboard game I am playing, when my character is about to crash she screams it just like you wrote it ;)

In the skydivers Hast he grabs his girls friends bag which looked eerily   similar to his Parachute. and when he pulled the cord all her clothes came flying out. instead of a parachute.. hence why he was yelling .....Ohhh S------...lol

That's a fantastic backstory! LOL

Post edited by Llynara on
  • IvyIvy Posts: 7,154
    Flipmode said:

Hehe, no, not offended by a flying bra, no worries.
    Good thinking with the link though ...by chance I know the word, but my english certainly can use some help at times ;)

I seen your Guitars Do you play?   I am a musician myself, I play piano and guitar very well. I use to play in bands in my younger years...lol :) Now days all i do is make sound tracks for  my animations,

this video should make you smile a little this is one of my sole acts..lol ((blush))

GrandMa Plays ~ Rhiannon ~ Fleetwood Mac cover play

• FlipmodeFlipmode Posts: 882

Thanks, glad you like it Knittingmommy. HDRIs should be quite easy to use ... I for one usually just load them, keep the Iray render presets as they are and hit render. ;)

Good to know I am not alone with the yearly wrapping horrors. Where I live we celebrate on the 24th (if I am not mistaken USA on 25th?), so this year I managed to be ready at least one day early.
    Wow @ your son building his own guitar. I am lucky if I don`t hurt myself changing strings ;)

In this video I played all the music on my RMS keyboard and recored it on a MP3 8 track and during the play back I preformed the lead with my guitar live.  Music is a blast to play

Tbh. the keyboard sound had me worried for a moment but then you came in with your guitar ...
    Well, seems we could form something like a Daz All Stars band, and we know who is lead guitar now ;)

The RMS keyboard is hook up to my titian MP3 mixer that is connected to my computer so I can record tracks & edit them , then play them back using my Keyboard so I can play along with what I recorded.

I use to have a lot of Music covers of the band Heart  But their record company kept hitting me up for copyright infringements so I removed them..

I did one of Rush 2112 cover   that I really rock the lead in

Rush 2112 cover

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548
    Llynara said:
    Ivy said:
    Llynara said:

Ivy, how did you convert that to Iray? I would love to know!  

Sorry, thought you meant you converted the background. That's a clever way to do it though- reshading the foreground and replacing with a newer skydome. Wish we could have the old backgrounds in Iray format. They are very beautiful, but the new ones are great too.

Ivy said:

I used 2 of your Sets today I kit bashed together..lol.. I converted the  Easy Environments: Autumn to Iray and replaced the skydome with the Green Hills  HDRI, I then made a few adjustments and voila  :)

Windy fall day

you can still change the older Easy Environments: Autumn to Iray. Just select all the skydome mats used in the set. in the shaders tab. then use the UberIray  defualt shaders . and it will convert the surface settings to iray..  then under emissions setting push the emissions lumens  up on for the skydome mats to around 30,000 more or less this will light the scene like a HDRi  

Thank you so much for that information! I didn't realize you could do that on a skydome. I have quite a few that I would love to use in Iray. Another item to add on my "things to play with" list, LOL

PS The helicopter looks great with Flipmode's set!

I did not know this either I have a large amount of skydomes I would love to use as well!

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548
    Llynara said:
    Flipmode said:
    fastbike1 said:

@Flipmode

I'll take the guitars as is,  to wrap them laugh.

And thanks for the great new HDRIs.

Nono, those stay where they are. ;) Took me long enough to find them.
    Thanks for buying!

Llyn ... do I know that book and Superhero stuff of yours? My memory tends to be a bit meh, can`t really remember if I ever saw it (and didn`t find much per google).

Ivy ...just curious, are you doing all by keyframes, by animate, or mixing it?

Flipmode- The links to my books are in my signature. I published my first two novels this year, the first in each series. Unlucky Charm is the prequel to the Black Kat series, a dark romantic comedy with superheroes. It came out in October. I'll be giving it away on Amazon the day after Christmas. I figured I'd wait till after everyone got their new kindles before I gave them their Christmas freebie. laugh I'm trying to get the second books in both series done right now but find myself shopping and posting here wayyy too much. LOL I also work full time and have small kids, so yeah, busy busy! That's why I need products like yours that save me time!

For the record, the book is excellent and I am eagerly awaiting the next one. 

Ivy said:

The RMS keyboard is hook up to my titian MP3 mixer that is connected to my computer so I can record tracks & edit them , then play them back using my Keyboard so I can play along with what I recorded.

You remind me how lazy I got with music ... despite investing in some home-recording stuff this year I stick to doing it with my phone. Then again, it serves it`s purpose since I mostly just need it as mental notes so I don`t forget what I played.

edited December 2016

I use my recording stuff for my animations mostly now days. I use to have tons of equipment . PA's MIC's bass amps etc.  But i have sold off most of it because i just never used it.  like i said I use to play in bands  when i was younger.  But now days when i play with a band  most of the equipment is rented and delivered to the venue.  I still have a fair amount of music contacts I live in Tennessee so there is a big music scene near where i live that helps stay connected too.  I just find it fun to play music. it really does matter much what type of music i play. I can sing, play piano, organ , Bass  Guitar, acoustic and electric guitar,  Tenor Sax , and a little drums if the set is small i get lost on big sets..lol 

Post edited by Ivy on
  • RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,808
    Ivy said:
    Ivy said:

you can still change the older Easy Environments: Autumn to Iray. Just select all the skydome mats used in the set. in the shaders tab. then use the UberIray  defualt shaders . and it will convert the surface settings to iray..  then under emissions setting push the emissions lumens  up on for the skydome mats to around 30,000 more or less this will light the scene like a HDRi  

I learned how to do this trick using dreamlands skydome in his 81 blocks set.  Its handy when your done converting it to Iray you'll haveto play around with the lume settings it get the dome to emit light .. it takea lot of lumes that why I would start around 30,00 lumens  and go from there.  once you get the way you want I would resave it in the daz preset folder as a new iray skydome preset so you don't have to go through all that work agian if you want to use it again later.

Hi Ivy, I had a question about this. I was trying to convert the Dreamland skydome to Iray by making it an emitter and setting the lumens to a value that illuminates the scene. I can do that but I then find I have a white sky with no blue or clouds. I must be missing some step.

If I remember correctly you should add the texture to the "Emission Color" channel as well to avoid the whiteout.

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,808

That did the trick. thanks!

edited February 2017

Was just playing with two of your sets, Flip. Such great stuff. Can't wait to see what you come up with next! 

First Light: "Carry My Heart With You"

Easy Environments: Hell - "Hellvis, the Demon Lounge Singer" (WIP)

@Flipmode Quick question: is there a way to use landscape photos in DAZ with your Easy Environments sphere? I just purchased some really beautiful ones for commercial use, plus I take plenty of my own pictures. I can certainly just layer them in with Photoshop, but it would be neat if there was a way to customize Easy Environments with our own photos. Not sure if that's even possible, but thought I'd ask.

Thanks for the new images Llynara, I am a bit moody these days and seeing stuff like that always brightens things up. :)
    I especially like the first one since I like the scottish theme (ever since the Highlander movie lol).

As for your question, if it`s a standard photo format (=not spherical) it doesn`t make much sense.
    If you have your image in a wide 2:1 format you could give it a try and just load it on the sphere as texture, but you`d still have a nasty seam and distortions at the top and bottom.
    With a standard photo it`d probably be best to just use it as backdrop (Environment Tab, Type: Backdrop, add photo to "Background").

edited February 2017

Thanks, Flip! Sorry you're feeling a bit off. Sounds like you need to escape to somewhere beautiful, even if it's just in one of your wonderful sets!

I really love First Light. It's spectacular, and gave this render the Highlander feel I was going for. I even snuck a Gordon tartan in there (since I am a Gordon!)

I have your Tree of Life set too and need to work that into a render soon. It makes me think of the Garden of Eden or somewhere mythical.

Thanks for the tips on the sphere and keep up the great work!

Doh, did I know you are scottish? (weak memory)
    I`ve been there for vacation with my father some 20 years ago. We set out to see it all in ten days, meaning I mostly remember shades of green flashing by the car window.
    But we had our little stops, Inverness, Isle of Skye (might have shaped my taste for landscapes), etc..

Garden of Eden is a good association, thinking of the tree of knowledge and, erm, tree of life ;)

Circumstances are a bit dire for work, but I`ll try to nurture that little spark into a production flame ... you are right, it could be a good "escape". :)

My heritage is very Scottish, but I'm 100% American :) I would love to visit the Highlands some day and see where my ancestors roamed!

Oh, sorry for assuming. Bright side, there`s a chance I could understand you if we talked ;)

The Highlands are really incredible, I just googled Isle of Skye, looks uneartly. Of course I mostly remember freezing my *** off there.

• dreamfarmerdreamfarmer Posts: 2,128

Hey, Flipmode. Just wanted to drop a note saying your HDRIs are really incredible-- First Light is my favorite, and I've been encouraging my friend to pick them all up. She did and also loves them. You do good work.

Thanks dreamfarmer, glad to hear it, it`s welcome encouragement :)

edited March 2017

Just a quick note, I added a "How to convert 3Delight skies to Iray" tutorial to my website.
    The question keeps coming up, my original tutorial is buried somewhere in the old forums, the info on this thread is somewhat shattered ... cut short I thought it`s time to put it together in one place and add a few tips. It`s written for Easy Environment skyboxes, but applicable for any 3Delight skybox or skydome.

Thanks to my mad coding skills I managed to link to it on this thread`s first page and in my new signature. ;)

↓↓↓

Post edited by Flipmode on
  • KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

I thought I'd add a pic using Top of the World.  It's probably one of my favorite Easy Environments although it is hard to choose one over another of them.  I'm afraid I took liberties and moved things around to get the look I wanted and to make it work in Iray.  I think it turned out quite nicely and it got accepted as a promo when the Armor came out early last month.  Sorry I didn't add it earlier.  I get easily distracted.

Gallery Link

Ah, I noticed that when the armor released. Cool image, cool armor ... thanks for bringing it in here! :)

Hi guys :)

Two new Easy Environments coming up, "Witchcraft: Sacrifice" and "Witchcraft: Eclipse".
    I`ve built them as complementary sets, but Daz spread out the release dates a bit, so I shall follow suit with the previews.

"Sacrifice" will release first, in a day or two.
    It centers around an Altar, with blood (show/hide) and rope (morphs) options, surrounded by henge stones.
    In comparison to previous Easy Environments the skysphere/HDRI is rendered from a lower view, taking us a bit closer to the tree-line this time.
    The idea was to to get a set with close vegetation without adding any rendertime.

wc

wc

wc

wc

• FerretmaniaFerretmania Posts: 883

Ohhh beautiful !  And I am Sooo glad it's payday soon. 

These look incredible, Flipmode! Please keep them coming! 

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232

<makes grabby-paws gestures>

<bank card hides under the sofa>