Easy Environments: ExoPlanet VIII (Daz Studio) [Commercial]

Comments

• FlipmodeFlipmode Posts: 882
    edited December 2016

Hi pds, those three sets are nothing but skydome/HDRI. Well, skysphere to be exact, with both sky and environment on it. No ground geometry in those sets.
    Here`s a shot of the sphere from outside >

hp

So if you want a figure standing on ground you need the ground extra.
    E.g. on this render I added the ground geometry from "Top of the world" >

tol

Post edited by Flipmode on
  • PennamePenname Posts: 343

Grabbed Eternal White immediately.  It's stunning.  And grabbed Tree of Life also.  Love these sets.

• caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,325
    edited December 2016

Wonderful, I waited for something like the 'Green Hills'! Just downloaded them, and I am almost 100% sure that this environment is as great as the 'Easy Environments' and the rest of your products.

Post edited by caravelle on

Thanks guys, glad you like the new sets, hope you`ll have fun rendering. :)

• pdspds Posts: 593
    Flipmode said:

Hi pds, those three sets are nothing but skydome/HDRI. Well, skysphere to be exact, with both sky and environment on it. No ground geometry in those sets.

hp

tol

Perfect. Thank you for the quick reply!

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,154
    pds said:
    Flipmode said:

Perfect. Thank you for the quick reply!

Yes  this  is prefect indeed . skydome and hdr  are very useful.  I picked it up myself this morning, hopefully I'll get some time for rendering tonight .  well off to work . grumble grumble..work work...grumble grumble

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770
    edited December 2016

Flipmode, don't know if it would be a popular choice, but I would love to have a set that is an image of the plains (no moutains)- in any season (or all.) I've found a few HRDIs that are okay, but doing Midwest landscape is challenging at the moment. Been trying a bunch of different options  (including Terradome 3) but my little computer can only handle so much.

Post edited by Llynara on
  • Llynara said:

Flipmode, don't know if it would be a popular choice, but I would love to have a set that is an image of the plains (no moutains)- in any season (or all.) I've found a few HRDIs that are okay, but doing Midwest landscape is challenging at the moment. Been trying a bunch of different options  (including Terradome 3) but my little computer can only handle so much.

I second this ..  wheat, corn or whatever fields .. or just prairie

edited December 2016

Really great HDRi

flock of geese.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 81K
    Post edited by Ivy on

Thanks for the kind feedback, very happy you enjoy the sets!

Lovely render Ivy, thanks for posting it. Cool to see the HDRI used for aerial stuff ... very good fit, but I don`t own many suitable items myself.

Plains, prairie ... if I google "great plains" are the image results roughly what you are talking about? I take it you`d prefer a set with geometry there, not just a sphere/hdri?
    I am just asking for now, as usual I have more sets planned than I can ever produce, but I`d gladly add it to my list and probably come back to it some day.

• Flipmode said:

Thanks for the kind feedback, very happy you enjoy the sets!

Lovely render Ivy, thanks for posting it. Cool to see the HDRI used for aerial stuff ... very good fit, but I don`t own many suitable items myself.

Plains, prairie ... if I google "great plains" are the image results roughly what you are talking about? I take it you`d prefer a set with geometry there, not just a sphere/hdri?
    I am just asking for now, as usual I have more sets planned than I can ever produce, but I`d gladly add it to my list and probably come back to it some day.

Nebraska will give a good idea of classic midwest ...  Eastern Montana (where I'm from) is more prairie than farm.  The humidity tends to be lower in Montana, so the skies are on average a bit more blue.  

New Mexico and other areas in the Southwest might be good.  Unusual landforms as well as a very dry sky and often high altitude.

Images googled, notes taken for later use, thx ;)

• A question ... I just got the WInter SS and Winter EE ...  I'm rendering in DS 4.9 very vanilla on SS and EE ..  There are some geometric artifacts in near the bottom of the road . triangles and trapezoids ..  

Otherwise *very* impressed!

artifacts-01.png
    876 x 954 - 939K

Hey, that`s looking cool! Glad to see how nicely those two come together (I used the other Winter surface for my preview renders).

Doing my own renders I came across the same issue of bad shadowing.
    It`s a very old problem with 3Delight lighting. Either it got worse at some point, or the lighting from the new Skysphere just highlights it more than the original Winter lighting.

Good news, it`s easy to fix these days. Just convert the ground geometry into a SubDivision surface (SceneTab menu > Edit > Convert to SubD)
    That will smooth it out enough to get rid of the sharp shadowing. Just to add, SubDs were not part of Daz Studio at the time Winter released.

• Flipmode said:

Hey, that`s looking cool! Glad to see how nicely those two come together (I used the other Winter surface for my preview renders).

Doing my own renders I came across the same issue of bad shadowing.
    It`s a very old problem with 3Delight lighting. Either it got worse at some point, or the lighting from the new Skysphere just highlights it more than the original Winter lighting.

Good news, it`s easy to fix these days. Just convert the ground geometry into a SubDivision surface (SceneTab menu > Edit > Convert to SubD)
    That will smooth it out enough to get rid of the sharp shadowing. Just to add, SubDs were not part of Daz Studio at the time Winter released.

Thanks!  That works well.

yes Glad to hear it

edited December 2016

I used 2 of your Sets today I kit bashed together..lol.. I converted the  Easy Environments: Autumn to Iray and replaced the skydome with the Green Hills  HDRI, I then made a few adjustments and voila  :)

Windy fall day

Post edited by Ivy on

It never ceases to amaze me how you guys throw stuff together that was never meant to be, but somehow make it work.
    Who`d have thought brown autumn and green hills could be a fit? I certainly wouldn`t even have tried it ;)
    I think you made some color adjustments to the terrain to get it to work.
    Oh, and did you do something special to the little stonewall? Imo it looks better than the original 3Delight version.

Could a kind soul eductate a non native speaker ... "guys" used as above is kinda gender-neutral, right?

Flipmode said:

It never ceases to amaze me how you guys throw stuff together that was never meant to be, but somehow make it work.
    Who`d have thought brown autumn and green hills could be a fit? I certainly wouldn`t even have tried it ;)
    I think you made some color adjustments to the terrain to get it to work.
    Oh, and did you do something special to the little stonewall? Imo it looks better than the original 3Delight version.

Could a kind soul eductate a non native speaker ... "guys" used as above is kinda gender-neutral, right?

I converted the Easy Environments: Autumn set to iray and then I pushed the Gamma setting up a little bit to brighten the scene, and then I changed the white point color to pale green which actual makes the light a amber color. the Green Hills  HDRI I changed the environment setting to 1 which made it a little darker to match the rest of the scene and bring out the snowy mountains in the back ground.  it took a little fooling around but not bad.  I'm pretty good at kit bashing stuff I use your skydomes in alot of my animations all the time so I am pretty use to kit bashing stuff.. .

As far as the guy being gender neutral.  Well Err the girl was genesis2 But the guy was a M4 character with urban wear for M4 clothing, that  i converted to Iray  and forgot to give him a little bugle when i was done. I was to busy messing with the iray settings & it skipped my mind. ..lol Ops (blush) poor fella.

Ah, interesting you do so much of it through render settings.

Uhm, I meant "guys" as in the word used in sentences. Like "Hi guys" ... lol
    But hey,  the info you gave was interesting as well ;)

edited December 2016
    Flipmode said:

Ah, interesting you do so much of it through render settings.

Yea I try the simple things first using HDRi is a different lighting technique . if i would have done this in 3dl I would have messed with the shaders instead of the Lighting to give me the same kind of effects its just a different render style that is all. Iray is simpler to mess the settings to get the effects i desire.

Flipmode said:

Uhm, I meant "guys" as in the word used in sentences. Like "Hi guys" ... lol
    But hey,  the info you gave was interesting as well ;)

Oh!  ... HA Ha  yes its a gender neutral adjectives  .. I told you i was blond right.. :)

Post edited by Ivy on

Hehe nope, but now I know ;)

Ye, I haven`t mastered it yet, but I am slowly learning that all those Iray settings can be quite useful. I really like both renderers for different uses.
    I`d just wish the Iray displacement mapping could match the 3Delight version, especially environments benefit from it a lot.

edited December 2016
    Flipmode said:

Hehe nope, but now I know ;)

Ye, I haven`t mastered it yet, but I am slowly learning that all those Iray settings can be quite useful. I really like both renderers for different uses.
    I`d just wish the Iray displacement mapping could match the 3Delight version, especially environments benefit from it a lot.

I much prefer 3dl for animation. I have more control over lighting and shadowing for more dramatic effect.  Plu AOA lights renders much faster than Iray which important when you have 100's of scenes 1000's of PNG's to render out and film edit.. But I do  I like Iray for making still art renders. and mess with the setting so someday I can  figure out how get the renders times down so I can use it for iray.   I pretty much use daz studio for animation.  and do still renders to test things out before i use them in a animated project.  I'm not good at modeling  tried and tried.  . But creating animation is like doing a puzzle to me and I like the challenge I've been doing animation a long time so I have got pretty good at kit bashing things to make them look right in a scene

I love your sky domes. and I am very happy you provide them for both 3dl and Iray. But truthfully I still prefer 3DL

Post edited by Ivy on

I toy with anims every now and then so I can understand the importance of render speed there.
    I found one situation where Iray is faster for me: A character entirely lit by an HDRI or the built-in sun, nothing else in the scene.
    Outdoor scenes with lots of transparency might be in a similar range, since 3Delight struggles with that a bit.
    But under normal circumstances 3Delight is just much faster, especially with indoor scenes.

---
    Since I am here already, for the record, High Peaks released, finishing this little environment-trilogy ;)

• ZippyGuitarZippyGuitar Posts: 802
    edited December 2016
    Ivy said:

I used 2 of your Sets today I kit bashed together..lol.. I converted the  Easy Environments: Autumn to Iray and replaced the skydome with the Green Hills  HDRI, I then made a few adjustments and voila  :)

Windy fall day

Ivy, I love how that looks. Love that open panoramic view. See, now I want to get the other Easy Environments I haven't picked up yet (the Autumn set for example).
    Post edited by ZippyGuitar on
    tykey said:
    Ivy said:

Windy fall day

Ivy, I love how that looks. Love that open panoramic view. See, now I want to get the other Easy Environments I haven't picked up yet (the Autumn set for example).

Thank you very much.. Jusr remember I combined 2 flipmode sets to achive this render :)  

Flipmode said:

Since I am here already, for the record, High Peaks released, finishing this little environment-trilogy ;)

I just picked up the High peaks  this morning.  when I get home from work this afternoon I'll render something with it...today is only a 1/2 day of work  Yay! .  then I am taking vacation  to use up some of my PTO I have built up before the end of the new year.  So I'll plenty of time for finishing my new animation & playing with all my new content I've been getting this month.  I have bough tons of genesis 2 stuff I have had on my wishlist too. 

tykey said:

My gratitude to Ivy for such an effect. ;)

edited December 2016
    Flipmode said:

Yes, please Great Plains! They are nearly impossible to find anywhere in the 3D land (at least, out of the box.) There are always mountains, and all these beautiful vistas, but never any plains/prairie by themselves. I started a thread here last spring about it, with pictures. I am still looking for landscape options. I've tried many. Terradome 3 is great but my poor computer has a hard time handling it. Your sets render quickly and are so much easier on the CPU/GPU. 

edited December 2016

Ivy, how did you convert that to Iray? I would love to know!  

Sorry, thought you meant you converted the background. That's a clever way to do it though- reshading the foreground and replacing with a newer skydome. Wish we could have the old backgrounds in Iray format. They are very beautiful, but the new ones are great too.

Ivy said:

Windy fall day