Easy Environments: ExoPlanet VIII (Daz Studio) [Commercial]

Comments

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,313

I'm really interested in the First Light product, but am wondering how the Iray version works does it include an HDRI for lighting. I can't seem to see any indiction on the promo pages which renderer they use, it would have been really useful to know which image used which version.

• FlipmodeFlipmode Posts: 882
    edited May 2016

Hi scorpio
    Yes of course the Iray version includes a HDRI, basicly that IS the Iray version ;)
    I didn`t tag the promos because the sky itself looks pretty much identical on each version.
    Anyway, I quickly threw together two Iray renders before F1 starts here. It`s the Tree of Life set with the First Light sky/environment, no extra lights, no postwork, just a direct render.

tol

tol

Post edited by Flipmode on
  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,861

And what about the waterfalls? Could you please post some closeup from the side of it, please.

Do they have some volume, or they just flat?

edited May 2016

Hi Artini, doesn`t this one suffice?

Edit: Added two extra closeup, just so noone would call me lazy lol

tol

tol

tol

• nDelphinDelphi Posts: 1,847
    edited May 2016

Some artistic inspiration. Thanks Flipmode.

Wilderlander HD - Tree Of Life - 02 - Sig.jpg
    900 x 900 - 214K
    Post edited by nDelphi on
  • xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,692
    Flipmode said:

Thanks guys!
    Lovely quote maxamillion, although I`ll add I particularly like the Tree of Life theme because it`s spread through many different cultures and religions, it seems to be a globally relateable symbolism

Flipmode Perhaps it is global because its hidden meaning is the double helix within a gene. Great set; I'll be getting this next week. Thanks for making it.

edited May 2016

Thanks nDelphi, looks great, lovely coloring. And the armour the guy is wearing looks really good.
    Just have to ask, in the top/left corner there are some bright dots ... did my birds somehow turn white, or is that something entirely different?

Maxamillion ... must be something like that, hardcoded symbolism ;) Hope you will enjoy the set.

-
    Just thought to add a quick note, because I doubt everyone reads the infopages ...
    Unlike previous sets the lights for 3Delight are now parented to the skysphere (both on the scene and the sky preload).
    This makes it more easy to rotate the sky or lighting, without having to worry about them not fitting together after rotating.
    Also makes it more easy to forget there is already lighting in the scene and loading it twice. ;)

• nDelphinDelphi Posts: 1,847
    Flipmode said:

Thanks nDelphi, looks great, lovely coloring. And the armour the guy is wearing looks really good.
    Just have to ask, in the top/left corner there are some bright dots ... did my birds somehow turn white, or is that something entirely different?

Yes, the background blends into that color, birds includded.

Ah thx, crazy effect, but works very well there.

• hacsarthacsart Posts: 2,024

Well.. I have to say, that even though I have a very restricted DAZ budget, I picked this up. Price was right, and it looked really good in the sample rendersthis thread. What I like about it, is that tere are a ton of useful bits and bobs that can be used outside of the set, and it includes a very nice path up to the top of the land prop...Best of all, its NOT an iray only set, a big thanks for continuing to support those of us who cannot easily use iray (or prefer not to...ahem)

Thanks for this one! its a keeper!

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,861
    Flipmode said:

Hi Artini, doesn`t this one suffice?

Edit: Added two extra closeup, just so noone would call me lazy lol

Thanks for that. Probably will buy it later on.

Thanks hacsart ... I know it isn`t easy to decide what to buy with so many good sets on the store.
    I am glad you feel you got your money`s worth here. :)
    Iray ... I grew to like it, but imo it really needs 3Delight at it`s side.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232

Excellent — just bought it, and the light set. Evenmoredramatic scenes, coming right up...

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,151

Well, I was trying to talk myself out of this yesterday (I've spent far too much recently!) but the extra renders here have tipped the balance - I have almost all your other Easy Environments (only Hell has eluded me so far) so had to get this one too. It looks great. (If the sale is still on tomorrow I may cave and buy the add-on sky and Hell too!)

Glad to hear it, I hope the set serves you well :)

Always up for evenmoredramatic scenes Kitty, if you got something nice just shoot ;)

• CzexanaCzexana Posts: 167

Here's one I did last evening - the setting calls for some nice mythic renders smiley

Godrays done using a scattering medium in a block between the far side of the tree and the camera. Post processed to give a less rendered look.

unicorn tree sil stroke9f.jpg
    1680 x 1050 - 589K
  • caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,325

Czexana, this is beautiful!

Thank you, Flipmode, for this absolutely adorable set!

Great atmo Czexana ... the against-the-sun-silhouette thing is a good fit, I kinda wanted to do that myself, but as vendor I have to keep stuff more visible for promos. And yes, I googled silhouette for spelling. ;)

Thanks for the kind comment caravelle, glad you like it!

• hacsarthacsart Posts: 2,024

Latest using the light/skybox...Thanks again for this environment!

aluminum_overcast_TOL_3.jpg
    1680 x 1050 - 839K

Thanks for posting the image hacsart!
    Looks great, plus I like how the sky image, well, fulfills it`s purpose ;)

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,154
    edited June 2016

Hi Flipmode

I just wanted to say your sky domes really rock. and I wanted to share this web site ( Far Horizon Farms ) I built last week using the tree of life sky-dome to create the head -banner with.. when my client saw the results of what i did usng the tree of life skydome she was blown away.

So I just wanted to say thanks, &  Great job on creating this Environments and I look forward to seeing & buying more of them in the future.

Ivy

Post edited by Ivy on

Hi Ivy

Sorry for the late reply ... just to say thanks for the feedback, I am glad the products serve you well!

edited December 2016

Hi guys ... just to quickly drop some previews for upcoming sets.

It`s three seperate products, environment-sphere / HDRI only (no terrain geometry like on most Easy Environments) ... pretty much the same format like the "First Light" set.
    I`ve made them with EE Greenlands, EE Top of the World and EE Winter in mind, but of course they can be combined with anything.
    Hope you`ll like them!

High Peaks:

tol

tol

Eternal White:

tol

tol

Green Hills (creative naming, right?): ;)

tol

tol

• Ooo, I like! Suitable for use in Iray?

Glad you like them Kitty :)
    Yes, of course. It`s skyspheres & lighting for 3DL and Poser, and HDR Images (render settings) for Iray.

Just to update ... at least two of the sets (Eternal White & Green Hills) should release this weekend. I don`t know about High Peaks yet, but I think it will be close to that.

tol

tol

tol

edited December 2016

Release info ... Eternal White released earlier today :)  Link: Eternal White Daz Store

Green Hills is to follow shortly, High Peaks mid next week.

Somehow the link to the Easy Environments tips&info page didn`t make it to the product description, so if you want some additional info you`ll probably find it here:
    Link: Easy Environments Info page

I hope you enjoy the products!

tol

tol

tol

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

PIcked up the eternal winter up right away.  Love your stuff and looking forward to the other two as well. 

Thanks Dragon! Glad to hear it, I hope they`ll serve you well.

• pdspds Posts: 593

Hey Flipmode, these look awesome! I especially like the High Peaks product. Does that include it's own skydome/HDRI? Of the three sets, it is the one that would fit best with the scenes I am interested in creating.