Easy Environments: ExoPlanet VIII (Daz Studio) [Commercial]

1141516171820»

Comments

• FlipmodeFlipmode Posts: 882

Thanks for the great feedback @NorthOf45 , much appreciated!

@Fixmypcmike
    Yes, if you only use the 3Delight (or Poser on older sets) versions of the sets you can skip all those updates.
    They only affect the .exr files (HDRI textures) which are used by the Iray versions.

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

Flipmode said:

Thanks for the great feedback @NorthOf45 , much appreciated!

@Fixmypcmike
    Yes, if you only use the 3Delight (or Poser on older sets) versions of the sets you can skip all those updates.
    They only affect the .exr files (HDRI textures) which are used by the Iray versions.

Hi Flipmode! Can I be so bold to suggest you start adding .hdr:s along with the .exr:s in future products? I use 3DL with high range skytextures, but .exr is the one format that does not work properly, .hdr is fine , however. Just for your information smiley

Sven Dullah said:

Hi Flipmode! Can I be so bold to suggest you start adding .hdr:s along with the .exr:s in future products? I use 3DL with high range skytextures, but .exr is the one format that does not work properly, .hdr is fine , however. Just for your information smiley

Sure, good to know!
    I´ll keep it in mind and look into it when I get there with the next product.

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,251

Flipmode said:

NorthOf45 said:

Trying out 87678_FMA Exo Orbits HDRIs and Skyspheres

Looks good, except for a couple that appear as a thin strip of color a few pixels wide on a black field.
    FMA EO P01 Lush Mid Iray.duf
    FMA EO P04 Lava02 Low Iray.duf

Thanks for the report!

Yes, I see it, it´s a mistake on my end.
    I´ve fixed it here and will submit it to Daz tomorrow.

Just installed the update for FMA Exo Orbits. All good! Thanks!

edited April 18

Finally got around to installing Frozen Lake Skyspheres/HDRIs, and I found a problem with a couple of the HDRI's on the Iray side.

"FMEE FrozenLake Sky Aurora02 Iray.duf" and "FMEE FrozenLake Sky Night02 Iray.duf" show only a few vertical blobs of light in one area. See sample spot renders. (Forum attachments not working)

MEGA

Post edited by NorthOf45 on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,925
    edited March 26

I get a scattering of dots that might be stars, but yes the aurora is certainly not showing and there is a vertical blob so something has gone wrong.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,064

The hdri images are being loaded, but it looks like these are also compressed in an incompatible manner - they're .exr files by flipmode.

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,750

I have two black screens when I load those two files on my Win 11 version of D|S 4.22.1.110 Pro Edition that was just released. The other files work okay. 

If you click on Browse in the Render Environment Map, you can manually select the .jpg file for those scenes and they will work. Not sure why the .exr files were left in during the update in Nov 2023 which was to correct the .exr problem.

Hi guys!
    Thanks for reporting this.
    Richard guessed it right, something went wrong in my chaos of mass-fixing all those HDRIs in November. That´s on me, sorry!

I have submitted an update to Daz just a few minutes ago, but of course it will take a while until they can take care of it and it´ll show up for customers.
    If you don´t want to wait that long please let me know and I´ll pm you links to the fixed HDRIs for Frozen Lake and the Addon.

Got the official updates yesterday. All good! Thanks again.

Ah, somehow I missed that. Thanks for dropping the info.
    Now let´s hope we finally got them all. ;)