Easy Environments: ExoPlanet VIII (Daz Studio) [Commercial]

Comments

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,154
    edited December 2016
    Llynara said:

Ivy, how did you convert that to Iray? I would love to know!  

Sorry, thought you meant you converted the background. That's a clever way to do it though- reshading the foreground and replacing with a newer skydome. Wish we could have the old backgrounds in Iray format. They are very beautiful, but the new ones are great too.

Ivy said:

I used 2 of your Sets today I kit bashed together..lol.. I converted the  Easy Environments: Autumn to Iray and replaced the skydome with the Green Hills  HDRI, I then made a few adjustments and voila  :)

Windy fall day

you can still change the older Easy Environments: Autumn to Iray. Just select all the skydome mats used in the set. in the shaders tab. then use the UberIray  defualt shaders . and it will convert the surface settings to iray..  then under emissions setting push the emissions lumens  up on for the skydome mats to around 30,000 more or less this will light the scene like a HDRi  

Post edited by Ivy on
    edited December 2016

This is one I did tonight using dark matter Rotor Heads Gdds76 Helicopter I bought a while ago for animation  and I rendered it with the new High Peaks HDRi Iray version. I converted the helicopter over to Iray using the Uber Iray shader  and adjusted the dome rotation to get the shadows in the right place, 

I just love these Sky domes flipmode makes their easy to use and they are 360 degrees which makes them very desirable for animation use

Rescue 911

rescue 911.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 236K
    Post edited by Ivy on
  • LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770
    edited December 2016
    Ivy said:
    Llynara said:

Sorry, thought you meant you converted the background. That's a clever way to do it though- reshading the foreground and replacing with a newer skydome. Wish we could have the old backgrounds in Iray format. They are very beautiful, but the new ones are great too.

Ivy said:

I used 2 of your Sets today I kit bashed together..lol.. I converted the  Easy Environments: Autumn to Iray and replaced the skydome with the Green Hills  HDRI, I then made a few adjustments and voila  :)

Windy fall day

you can still change the older Easy Environments: Autumn to Iray. Just select all the skydome mats used in the set. in the shaders tab. then use the UberIray  defualt shaders . and it will convert the surface settings to iray..  then under emissions setting push the emissions lumens  up on for the skydome mats to around 30,000 more or less this will light the scene like a HDRi  

Thank you so much for that information! I didn't realize you could do that on a skydome. I have quite a few that I would love to use in Iray. Another item to add on my "things to play with" list, LOL

PS The helicopter looks great with Flipmode's set!

Post edited by Llynara on
    Llynara said:
    Ivy said:
    Llynara said:

Ivy said:

Windy fall day

Thank you so much for that information! I didn't realize you could do that on a skydome. I have quite a few that I would love to use in Iray. Another item to add on my "things to play with" list, LOL

PS The helicopter looks great with Flipmode's set!

I learned how to do this trick using dreamlands skydome in his 81 blocks set.  Its handy when your done converting it to Iray you'll haveto play around with the lume settings it get the dome to emit light .. it takea lot of lumes that why I would start around 30,00 lumens  and go from there.  once you get the way you want I would resave it in the daz preset folder as a new iray skydome preset so you don't have to go through all that work agian if you want to use it again later.

edited December 2016

I love the Dreamland sets, and it's great to know about this trick for them too. Thanks to your tips, I just picked up a few more Flipmode sets. since they're at such a great price today Just noticed that all of his sets are Poser-friendly too, even the new ones. I was thrilled that the new ones have Iray and 3delight settings. I use everything and anything, and love it when products are that versatile.

Thank you, Ivy and thank you, Flipmode!

Llynara said:

I love the Dreamland sets, and it's great to know about this trick for them too. Thanks to your tips, I just picked up a few more Flipmode sets. since they're at such a great price today Just noticed that all of his sets are Poser-friendly too, even the new ones. I was thrilled that the new ones have Iray and 3delight settings. I use everything and anything, and love it when products are that versatile.

Thank you, Ivy and thank you, Flipmode!

It might take a little practice playing around with the lumens settings, But its not really that hard and its a good trick for other obj. you may want to illuminate as well.. good luck and don;t forget to post your results :)

• You know, I am so old school. I remember back maybe about 5 -6 years ago when any outdoor scene had to be done in either Bryce or Vue. Now it seems like DAZ Studio can handle some if not most of that itself. I still am not at all familar with the newest verison of Studio but I'm curious do see how far it can go in doing out door scenes. 

• FlipmodeFlipmode Posts: 882
    edited December 2016

Llyn ... thanks for the link to your plains thread, I saved it for when I get there. But there`s at least two, more likely three or four, sets I plan on doing first, so it`ll be a while.
    However I am quite interested in doing it, because it would be quite a challenge to do it in a render-speed friendly way.

Ivy ... thanks for the lovely image, imo that`s where those scenes get to shine, when you need the background fully covered.

Ivy`s info on how to convert 3Delight skies to Iray is spot on. I`d just add that -at least going by my own efforts- the results are ok-ish but not perfect. It tends to look a bit washed-out, I think Iray just expects a HDRI for that use.

If I am allowed to add a privat outburst ... 5am here and I want to scream it from the roofs,  I am ******* done with

tol

You wouldn`t believe how clumsy one can be with paper ... ;)

Post edited by Flipmode on
    Flipmode said:

If I am allowed to add a privat outburst ... 5am here and I want to scream it from the roofs,  I am ******* done with

tol

You wouldn`t believe how clumsy one can be with paper ... ;)

Ha Ha Ha . I know what you mean about the paper.

edited December 2016

You know, I am so old school. I remember back maybe about 5 -6 years ago when any outdoor scene had to be done in either Bryce or Vue. Now it seems like DAZ Studio can handle some if not most of that itself. I still am not at all familar with the newest verison of Studio but I'm curious do see how far it can go in doing out door scenes. 

If you like a good example of how big & expansive environments you can kit bash together in daz studio, please watching this animated short I did a few months back. I used a number of different skydomes to complete this . and some sets are not as big as they appear to be . I just used good film editing..lol

But yes You can do almost everything in daz studio now.  this film was completely built and rendered in daz studio 4.8 and film edited in Adobe Premiere . But i have many more animations that I have created expansive sets for as well

Karate Girl - Lung lo’s magic statue

Post edited by Ivy on
    edited December 2016

You know, I am so old school. I remember back maybe about 5 -6 years ago when any outdoor scene had to be done in either Bryce or Vue. Now it seems like DAZ Studio can handle some if not most of that itself. I still am not at all familar with the newest verison of Studio but I'm curious do see how far it can go in doing out door scenes. 

I`ll be a bit cocky here and say that`s why I started the Easy Environments series, at the time there were really very few options to render a complete outdoor scene from landscape to sky. Coming from game design that bugged me.

From an outdoor rendering point of view the Easy Environments are basicly trickery though, the huge part of it is rendering the background image I render here taking a lot of stress away from Daz Studio / Poser.  E.g. the latest three spheres took 70 hours each to render.

Within Daz Studio / Poser you still need some external stuff if you want to build your own landscapes.
    Terradome 3 is a cool customer-facing option, I`d wish I could use it`s shader for my own products.
    UltraScatter looks cool too, I don`t own it, but I am sure it`s a blessing for populating with vegetation.
    Of course all of that adds to render time, so using Iray HDRI or skyspheres still seems like a good option to me.

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,074

@Flipmode

I'll take the guitars as is,  to wrap them laugh.

And thanks for the great new HDRIs.

edited December 2016
    Flipmode said:

Llyn ... thanks for the link to your plains thread, I saved it for when I get there. But there`s at least two, more likely three or four, sets I plan on doing first, so it`ll be a while.
    However I am quite interested in doing it, because it would be quite a challenge to do it in a render-speed friendly way.

No worries or hurries. I'll be writing and rendering for freaking ever. I've got nine more books in this series to do, spanning 50 years. Plus the superhero series and so many other things. I'll keep an eye out for your new sets and hopefully one will be prairie/plains one of these days.

In the meantime, I'm going to have fun with the ones you have out. They really are a HUGE time saver. I have Bryce and a trial version of Vue, but no time at present to really dig into them. I've got Carrarra too. But DAZ and Poser serve my needs well right now. I really like your solution of taking the burden off the renders by moving most of the landscape into sky spheres and just keeping a believable portion for the characters to interact with. Makes great sense. It's a time saver and CPU saver too.

PS. Congrats on finishing the wrapping! I haven't even started yet. Too busy shopping here!

Ivy said:

If you like a good example of how big & expansive environments you can kit bash together in daz studio, please watching this animated short I did a few months back. I used a number of different skydomes to complete this . and some sets are not as big as they appear to be . I just used good film editing..lol

But yes You can do almost everything in daz studio now.  this film was completely built and rendered in daz studio 4.8 and film edited in Adobe Premiere . But i have many more animations that I have created expansive sets for as well

This is great, Ivy! I subscribed to your channel a while back and have been meaning to get back and watch more of your animations. I'm hoping to eventually make some animated book trailers for my superhero series, but I'm sooo not ready yet. I know how they should look, but I need to learn more, and get a beefier computer. I figure I'm at least a year away from doing them, which is fine. Plenty of other things to do first. Thanks for sharing the amazing things that can be done with DAZ and Premiere.

Llynara said:
    Ivy said:

This is great, Ivy! I subscribed to your channel a while back and have been meaning to get back and watch more of your animations. I'm hoping to eventually make some animated book trailers for my superhero series, but I'm sooo not ready yet. I know how they should look, but I need to learn more, and get a beefier computer. I figure I'm at least a year away from doing them, which is fine. Plenty of other things to do first. Thanks for sharing the amazing things that can be done with DAZ and Premiere.

Thanks for the compliment.   I know what you mean about learning curve... Its taken me 8 years to learn what I have creating animation using daz studio. and it seems everynew project I do, presents a new challenge or hurdle I need to learn . Daz is very dynamic and every new versions of daz released  changes a little how animation needs to be created .. but once you get the animation basics  then your over the main hurdle.  :)

fastbike1 said:

@Flipmode

Nono, those stay where they are. ;) Took me long enough to find them.
    Thanks for buying!

Llyn ... do I know that book and Superhero stuff of yours? My memory tends to be a bit meh, can`t really remember if I ever saw it (and didn`t find much per google).

Ivy ...just curious, are you doing all by keyframes, by animate, or mixing it?

Flipmode said:

I use a combination of Aniblocks, BVH motions files and tons of hand keyframing. and lately I've been doing more & more hand keyframing  and saving the animation as a aniblock for future use. 

edited December 2016
    Ivy said:
    ... saving the animation as a aniblock for future use. 

That was my masterplan once as well (years ago) ... something didn`t work as planned for me at the time, maybe worth giving it another shot.

I hand key frame a lot of motions files because there just is not enough ambient motion files  Poser mocap has a pretty good collection, But keyframing is the only way  to get custom motions files ,  especially since Genesis 3 which can not use any of the older generation aniblocks and BVH files  Genesis 3 requires a whole new set of of motions files  that is why I have been waiting for genesis 4 to come out to see if g3 & g4 can use the same aniblocks . because if genesis 4 break compatibility with genesis 3  then I'll properly never work with genesis 3

I  was feeling a little silly tonight  my attemp at a little humor.   Green Hills HDRI

OOOoooh  shhhii--iii------t !!!!

edited December 2016
    Flipmode said:
    fastbike1 said:

@Flipmode

Nono, those stay where they are. ;) Took me long enough to find them.
    Thanks for buying!

Llyn ... do I know that book and Superhero stuff of yours? My memory tends to be a bit meh, can`t really remember if I ever saw it (and didn`t find much per google).

Flipmode- The links to my books are in my signature. I published my first two novels this year, the first in each series. Unlucky Charm is the prequel to the Black Kat series, a dark romantic comedy with superheroes. It came out in October. I'll be giving it away on Amazon the day after Christmas. I figured I'd wait till after everyone got their new kindles before I gave them their Christmas freebie. laugh I'm trying to get the second books in both series done right now but find myself shopping and posting here wayyy too much. LOL I also work full time and have small kids, so yeah, busy busy! That's why I need products like yours that save me time!

Ivy said:

I  was feeling a little silly tonight  my attemp at a little humor.   Green Hills HDRI

LMAO! I love it! That's how I feel most days when I get out of bed!

Llynara said:

Flipmode- The links to my books are in my signature. ...

Oh my, blind fool flip.
    "Little Ones" is lovely!

Fun render Ivy! I am irritated as to why he leaves a bra in his trail ;)
    OOOoooh shhhii--iii------t !!!! reminds me of the snowboard game I am playing, when my character is about to crash she screams it just like you wrote it ;)

edited December 2016
    Flipmode said:
    Llynara said:

Oh my, blind fool flip.
    "Little Ones" is lovely!

Ooh, I forgot that was still up. It's really, really rough. Had posted it for my launch team when I was working on a Christmas story that did not happen. Apparently my brain doesn't like working on Christmas stuff before Halloween. Just can't fathom it. I have 6 original songs in my first Midwest book. I plan on doing an audiobook next year and performing the songs, but man I am rusty. Daily guitar practice went out the window a while ago. My websites really need to be updated. They're on a very long to do list.

If you click on "My Books on Amazon", that'll take you to my books instead of the blogs. 

In the meantime, there's always the Cupcake Song! LOL

Flipmode said:
    Llynara said:

Oh my, blind fool flip.
    "Little Ones" is lovely!

Fun render Ivy! I am irritated as to why he leaves a bra in his trail ;)
    OOOoooh shhhii--iii------t !!!! reminds me of the snowboard game I am playing, when my character is about to crash she screams it just like you wrote it ;)

In the skydivers Hast he grabs his girls friends bag which looked eerily   similar to his Parachute. and when he pulled the cord all her clothes came flying out. instead of a parachute.. hence why he was yelling .....Ohhh S------...lol

I have a over active imagination...lol

Llynara said:
    Ivy said:

LMAO! I love it! That's how I feel most days when I get out of bed!

Thank you Llynara

Llynara said:

Ooh, I forgot that was still up. It's really, really rough. ...

In the meantime, there's always the Cupcake Song! LOL

Lol no worries, I checked the cupcake song too ;)  And the amazon link of course, but I don`t have kindle or anything.
    As for "Little ones" being rough ...that`s how I like music, it`s best when it`s still pure ;) Eg Staircase by Serena Matthews is one of my favs, some home-recording with happy 1400 views on YT.

Ivy said:

Affirmative! And I wonder why you made an eerie link ;)

edited December 2016
    Flipmode said:

Ivy said:

Affirmative! And I wonder why you made an eerie link ;)

Well when you said you were " irritated to why there was a bra in his bag I thought maybe you were offended. So I sometime add deifnition links to less used word s for people  that may not know what the word means .  a lot of people from around the world comes to these forums, just trying to be helpful  :)

Post edited by Ivy on

Hehe, no, not offended by a flying bra, no worries.
    Good thinking with the link though ...by chance I know the word, but my english certainly can use some help at times ;)

• @Flipmode   Nice HDRI.  I got the Green Hills one.  Looks great.  Still trying to figure out to use HDRIs effectively.  It seems to be a skill I'm sorely lacking in at the moment.  I'll figure it out though.

Your wrapping attempts look way better than some of mine have over the years.  I'm not even ready to start wrapping yet.  My general MO is to procrastinate and be up until 4 am on Christmas Eve wrapping things to go under the tree.  Each year, I say that isn't going to happen and, yet, each year is exactly that.  :)  Those guitars look really nice.  One of my boys is into guitars.  He had blast actually making his 3 string guitar a few weeks ago in a wood working class he took at Scout camp.  First thing he had to do when he got home was order a mini amp for it.