Easy Environments: ExoPlanet VIII (Daz Studio) [Commercial]

Comments

• FlipmodeFlipmode Posts: 882
    edited May 2016

Hi there!
    It`s been quite a while, not really by choice, life got a bit complicated. I hope everyone is well. :)
    Anyway, I am happy to be back to preview a new Easy Environments set, "Tree of Life", hope you`ll like it!

It`s for 3Delight, Iray and Poser.

tol

tol

tol

1080p images:

tol

tol

Post edited by Flipmode on
  • JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,254

Oh, lovely. Will be looking forward to it. 

• 3Ddreamer3Ddreamer Posts: 1,282

Oh I am so happy I bought a big Gift Card now.... laugh

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560

Love this

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232

<squee>

Instabuy — looking forward to it.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

Looks fabulous!  Could I beg a favor -- a close up of a figure sitting on one of the big tree roots?

Thanks for the kind comments guys, and nice to see half a year later it`s the same familiar faces roaming the forum ;)

@mike ...will do, for the time being here`s a promo with a char close to the roots

tol

Thanks, FM, this was already a must-buy, but the tree roots in partucalr are something I've been looking for for ages.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,033

I love this :) Definitely going into my cart.

• ModernWizardModernWizard Posts: 850

OooooOOOOOOOoooooooh -- a new Easy Environment! I love your stuff -- I'll be watching for this.

--MW

P.S. We won't discuss how that person got up there in the first place. :D

Thanks for the added comments guys, glad you like it.

@Wiz ... not to ruin the fun, but there is a path leading up lol. You can kinda see the "ramp" on the second render of the original post. It`s not the center piece of the set, but it`s there.
    Now, shall we proceed to "how did the water get up there?" ;)  (I have my own theory on that)

@Mike ... The roots are not super detailed but should work for most purposes. They are a separate object from the tree, so if necessary one could try to add subdivisions.
    Anyway, as ordered here`s two close ups. 1080p, so click to scale. Rendered with Iray, imo the general look on close ups is best with Iray, the bark looks better with 3Delight (displacement vs bump ...).
    Third image added for the object list (the tree can be loaded solo btw.).

tol

tol

tol

Fantastic!  Many thanks

• argel1200argel1200 Posts: 757

Wow, this looks great!!!!!! Your best yet!!

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

It looks really great!

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,151

At last, another Easy Environment! Looking forward to this hitting the store.

• ModernWizardModernWizard Posts: 850

Flipmode -- aw phooey -- I was imagining that she teleported. :D

As for how the water got up there, I'm putting my money on Escher-like physics. Or there's some sort of pump in the rock column. ~_^

Do we have an ETA for this?

--MW

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943

Oh yes, oh yes, oh yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• RuphussRuphuss Posts: 2,631

looks very nice

are the leaves with transmaps ?

because of rendertime

• caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,325

Magnificent! I can see it already in my cart...! ;-)

• cosmo71cosmo71 Posts: 3,609
    Flipmode said:

Thanks for the feedback :)

To be honest, Iray and me are not friends (yet). It crashes my system so much I hardly get to learn it.
    And with dark skies like on this set the HDRI lighting didn`t seem to work well ... I didn`t manage to get the amount of ambience I wanted without ruining the drawn image, so I had to fall back to adding extra lights. That said, with bright skies it`s pretty awesome.

Setting up the non-HDRI skyboxes from older sets for Iray doesn`t really cut it for me. It works, but tbh. I am not happy with the results I get either.
    Anyway, -not making any promises-, but I think re-rendering some of the old skies for the Iray dome and making a new package of it might make sense.
    I could use the process to make changes to the lighting, like eg. changing a daytime sky into sunset etc., that way it`d be even relevant for 3Delight.
    Feel free to make suggestions, if there is some EE background you always wanted to see under different conditions.
    Well, just an idea, we`ll see if anything comes from it ;)

He is back on track, welcome back Flip, nice to see you with a fantastic looking new set (maybe inspired by the movie "the fountain"????)

Well, I do not use Iray, so go on and create 3Delight sets smiley

Thanks for the nice new comments! :)

As for how the water got up there, I'm putting my money on Escher-like physics. Or there's some sort of pump in the rock column. ~_^

Do we have an ETA for this?

--MW

The pump is a funny thought. "Really a lovely place, but damn it`s loud here!"
    ETA ... in a few days I hope, sunday or monday most likely.

cosmo71 said:

He is back on track, welcome back Flip, nice to see you with a fantastic looking new set (maybe inspired by the movie "the fountain"????)

Hey Cosmo :) Yes, The Fountain was certainly the main inspiration, one of my fav movies. I wanted to do this set for ages, but kinda shied away as I knew it would be quite difficult.
    Not gonna ditch 3Delight anytime soon. Since the bit you quoted I got a new system and feel better with Iray now, but both renderers have their own strength & weaknesses, as customer I wouldn`t want to miss either of them.

Ruphuss said:

looks very nice

are the leaves with transmaps ?

because of rendertime

Short answer yes, the leaves and vegetation use transmaps.
    Long answer ... while one can choose to do simple stuff like grass only with geometry (I wouldn`t opt for that either) doing more complex vegetation would lead to insane amounts of polys.
    Using transmaps one can try to minimize the waste (unused transparency on polys) by balancing it towards the poly count.
    With the tree leaves, I`d say it`s quite a lot of polys so the amount of rays shooting through full transparency is relatively low.
    Still, you are right, this will certainly not render as fast as say the desert set. ;)

For reference, full scene promos (1200x569) with 3Delight took 2-3 minutes for me. I think around 5 minutes with Poser.
    The 1080p Iray renders from yesterday got 15 minutes for 1600 iterations, but I think half the iterations would have been enough.
    That`s with a GTX 980Ti though, I know that`s not the standard baseline.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    cosmo71 said:

Yes, 3Delight please! I am using Iray from time to time, but ... not the greatest hardware.

No worries, I`ll stick to it. ;)

Here`s previews for a little "standalone" addon for the set, a lower sun version of the sky/environment.
    It includes the skysphere with lighting for 3Delight and Poser, and the Envmap for Iray.

tol

tol

tol

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146

Amazing.  I'll be purchasing this one!

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,692

Excellent set. Thanks for the commercial.

"And out of the ground made YHWH God to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food; the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of knowledge of good and evil. And a river went out of Eden to water the garden; and from thence it was parted, and became into four heads."

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,033
    Flipmode said:

Here`s previews for a little "standalone" addon for the set, a lower sun version of the sky/environment.
    It includes the skysphere with lighting for 3Delight and Poser, and the Envmap for Iray.

Nice :)

Thanks guys!
    Lovely quote maxamillion, although I`ll add I particularly like the Tree of Life theme because it`s spread through many different cultures and religions, it seems to be a globally relateable symbolism

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,074

Ready to buy!

Glad to hear it fastbike ;)

Just adding some more images >

tol

tol

tol

Good morning :)

Just to drop the usual release info, set is live in the store now:

Link: Tree of Life Daz Store