The big announcement on September 21, 2022 - place your bets!

Comments

• Cool.  Looks great and detailed (them pores).  Expressions looked way better to me.  Glad its back to one base for male/female.  Great possibilities with the Metamixer tool (if G9 compatible) with that functionality, hopefully.  Set a "mother" and a "father" to create "kids" for families.

• yes well I am on ipad

I just tried my PC which is on and Chrome and everything locked up

• Are the Gen 8 and 8.1 skin textures compatible with Gen 9? That black skin didn't look that good to me
  • I think she looks fantastic, I really like the figure. But the higher price in the current economy and without 100% compatibility with my library (Auto-fit can only help so much) I doubt I will get into G9.

• Mixed for me.
    A new Gen is good, but I would have liked a Genesis with a "Meta-Human" side, being able to shape it hot would have been a revolution. What about tissues, bending? especially the calf muscles in certain breaks.

I was expecting a lot from Daz itself, from a D-force upgrade, from a variant of Iray why not, (even if it would have caused chaos with vendors regarding multi-textures for different engines) or even a fluid simulator for rain or other. Daz 4.21 will have what's new?

Still a lot of questions, we'll talk about it tomorrow with a clear head.

It's past 1 am in France, I'm going to bed XD oui

• Meh. I'll reserve judgment til she's actually released and take it from there. The rest is just boilerplate Marketing 101 copy: New and improved! Now with better bends! More polygons in the mesh...and 8k textures!! Next?
  • and Where is the free bonus or whatever for tuning in the presentation?!

I did not see anything there to show at least a code or anything else

• Whoops...gotta make some returns...

• fred9803fred9803 Posts: 1,562

I missed what he said about the polygon count/density for G9. I think it's more dense?

• Halcon Bluesky said:

and Where is the free bonus or whatever for tuning in the presentation?!

They posted a link in the chat. It was an outfit for Genesis 9. 

• Halcon Bluesky said:

Linked in the comments/chat - which you should ber able to read even if not subscribed.

• Halcon Bluesky said:

it just finished apparently when I finally got on my PC

so meh we missed out

I find that prophetic 

• fred9803 said:

I missed what he said about the polygon count/density for G9. I think it's more dense?

Yes, about twice.

• Richard Haseltine said:

Halcon Bluesky said:

Linked in the comments/chat - which you should ber able to read even if not subscribed.

nup, is gone 

• caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,339

I have seen Windows logos in the background now and then. Does this mean that Genesis 9 only works on Windows machines? That would be terrible. I just pre-ordered Victoria 9, but if it doesn't work on my Mac, I'll have to cancel that.

And I didn't find the link for the freebie because the chat was blocked (??). It would be nice if Daz would post this link again.

• marble said:

Nothing jaw dropping. Big disappointment that DS5 is still some way off. V9 very expensive and will require a PC upgrade for many users. I have a RTX 3090 but am not tempted to go for this new generation. Maybe in a year from now, if DS5 is here by then. The V9 close-up detail is very impressive but I don't do close-ups so G8 is fine for my purposes (I don't even have any G8.1 characters).

Looking forward to a lot of G8 stuff coming with big discounts.

Same for me. I was hoping for DS5, and I too dont do many closeups unless it`s for "special" scenes LOL. Im just finding it hard to actually WANT the new generation based on the presentation that I watched but admittedly left early.

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,144

fred9803 said:

I missed a bit. Anything about clothing compatability yet?

Autofit should work "mostly". I don't know if we can transfer the rigging yet tho like we could from G3 to G8.

• XelloszXellosz Posts: 742

Will Hexagon be able to handle it???

G8 works in Hexagon, with the double amount of polygon I think G9 might crash it.

• WendyLuvsCatz said:

Richard Haseltine said:

Halcon Bluesky said:

nup, is gone 

Well, whatever it was, it will show up at some point. Probably in a staff pick bundle LOL

• caravelle said:

I have seen Windows logos in the background now and then. Does this mean that Genesis 9 only works on Windows machines? That would be terrible. I just pre-ordered Victoria 9, but if it doesn't work on my Mac, I'll have to cancel that.

And I didn't find the link for the freebie because the chat was blocked (??). It would be nice if Daz would post this link again.

It's content, it's just that those people were suing Windows machines 9and probably needed them to show redners quickly enough for the stream).

• solissolis Posts: 124

*yawns*

• Xellosz said:

Will Hexagon be able to handle it???

G8 works in Hexagon, with the double amount of polygon I think G9 might crash it.

I don't know the numbers, but it would still be lighter than Victoria 4/Michael 4.

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,069

Richard Haseltine said:

Halcon Bluesky said:

Not seeing it/them - I had to close out firefox; the live was eating my system for some reason - 3% cpu usage, 4% network usage, and every time Jay changed something on his copy of studio I got the wonderful white swirly indicating massive thinking going on and his commentary locked until the studio update changed.

• GatorGator Posts: 1,268

WendyLuvsCatz said:

Richard Haseltine said:

Halcon Bluesky said:

nup, is gone 

Appears so, I don't see it either.

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,069
    edited September 2022

Dupe -

Post edited by namffuak on
  • bluejauntebluejaunte Posts: 1,861

Blando Calrissian said:

bluejaunte said:

hansolocambo said:

I didn't hear anything about a, finally, proper packing of UVs. There's an insane amount of empty space in all textures, Which means Genesis uses a lot of VRAM to load tons of textures when the amount could be drastically reduced with a better packing of UVs in less textures.

When when when ... are they going to optimize properly.

Way better UV maps, I'm happy to say. Much better unified texel density, only the head is a bit different but very reasonable. This was a pet peeve of mine and I'm finally happy with it.

I can only imagine what sort of magic you'll be able to work with these new figures and UV maps! If the base figure looks this good...

Thank you so much for the confidence. I really love G9, it's great for productivity so hopefully I can invest more time into making better characters. Still though, just to lower expectations a little bit because G9 isn't going to magically increase my skill. And as far as tech goes I was using 8k skin details already so don't expect any super huge leaps in quality from me. But I'll try my best :)

• ALLIEKATBLUE said:

Are the Gen 8 and 8.1 skin textures compatible with Gen 9? That black skin didn't look that good to me

Jay showed the G9 UV mapping during the QA-they definitely looked different to me.

• Richard Haseltine said:

fred9803 said:

Yes, about twice.

YIKES!!!! 

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,435

WendyLuvsCatz said:

Richard Haseltine said:

Halcon Bluesky said:

nup, is gone 

It was there for the attendies to get it.

• johnjohn808 said:

Richard Haseltine said:

fred9803 said:

Yes, about twice.

YIKES!!!! 

That is less than one level of SubD, so easy enough to manage if you are worried about system load.