The big announcement on September 21, 2022 - place your bets!

Comments

• Mada said:

BandoriFan said:

I hope clothes aren't going to be too frumpy just to be able to work with male bodies too 

Will there also be another Sakura figure and matching male too? 

That's not been my experience :)

So will the clothes actually fit even if it's a unified base figure? Even for male clothes I want some cinch to emphasize waist and not be too boxy 

• MadaMada Posts: 1,869

BandoriFan said:

Mada said:

BandoriFan said:

I hope clothes aren't going to be too frumpy just to be able to work with male bodies too 

Will there also be another Sakura figure and matching male too? 

That's not been my experience :)

So will the clothes actually fit even if it's a unified base figure? Even for male clothes I want some cinch to emphasize waist and not be too boxy 

Yes - considerable thought and testing went into that. That is why the base is designed the way it is.

• JabbaJabba Posts: 1,458

I don't like the idea of pre-ordering bundle when no details of products are specified... mystery bov

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,992
    edited September 2022

https://www.daz3d.com/daz-3d-prerelease more details

EDIT: And the latest version of DS will come with a built-in makeup editor, as they apparently improved the LIE system....

Post edited by BeeMKay on
  • 100% compatible for clothes I doubt a little, modification of bones etc, yes it will be compatible but will not have to look too closely, will have to convert in depth

• AlmightyQUEST said:

johnjohn808 said:

AlmightyQUEST said:

Mada said:

Since I see this question come up constantly on the feed - G8 clothing will fit G9 with autofit - same as always. High heel shoes won't, same as before.

Thanks, wish this had been stated clearly earlier on (getting into it on the stream now at last). With autofit at least working as well as it ever has in the past, I'll at least play around with the free G9 once it gets here.

LOL High heel shoes are one of the only articles of clothing I willingly buy.  Oh yeah, and hairbands ;)

One of the reasons I always liked shoes that were props rather than rigged to the whole body. At least there are well known work arounds that should be able to work with the new figure.

One can only hope there will be workarounds.

Still a hard sell for me.

Actually now that I think about it..... If this new generation has realistic gens, it will be an instant buy for me.

• KainjyKainjy Posts: 757

@Mada

autofit is not the perfect solution...elements like helmet, shoulder pad don't work with autofit because the autofit projects all joints effects... so you have unwanted deformation on cloths.

My question was about materials.. UV are changed ? From G8 to G8.1 we already had issues (due a Surface difference, G8 are not directly compatible with G8.1). Will we have same problems with G9 ? 

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,547

Close to 2AM already... Need to wake up in the morning for work... Where's the free item?

• well looks like I slept in too late and it is just yak yak yak and since I am not a subscriber too bad

will go back to sleep

• It's really great news, the more I think about it: the old assets will come across with a bit of effort, but the decision they've made to break compatibility (unlike with the tiny 8 -> 8.1 improvements) for the sake of really significant improvement is definitely the right way to go. Folk like me who've invested a lot in the G8 stuff are really in a 100% better position now: we'll likely see G8 products dropping in price so can stick with this generation and (obviously) we haven't lost anything at all... or, we can bite the bullet and move on, spending a whole lot more on the next generation of content, but enjoying better outputs with less effort. I particularly like the way they've consolidated the HD morphs into the base figure as a slider, rather than selling them as separate packages... and the base figure's coming with no less than eight 8k skins (multi-racial, four each per gender) is great too. Great news overall.

• Well ok, frankly speaking I am not that impressed. It is realy time for a new DS version instead of a Gen 9 which is not much different than the better G8 products. But that's only my opinion.

• bluejauntebluejaunte Posts: 1,861

Cybersox said:

Sigh... Looks like yet another step further into the unreal valley and a massive increase in CPU/Card power required for most folks to use this.   

Sounds worse than it is. My last few characters already had 8k normal maps. If it really doesn't fit you can always downscale those to 4k. Or use something like Scene Optimizer right?

hansolocambo said:

I didn't hear anything about a, finally, proper packing of UVs. There's an insane amount of empty space in all textures, Which means Genesis uses a lot of VRAM to load tons of textures when the amount could be drastically reduced with a better packing of UVs in less textures.

When when when ... are they going to optimize properly.

Way better UV maps, I'm happy to say. Much better unified texel density, only the head is a bit different but very reasonable. This was a pet peeve of mine and I'm finally happy with it.
  • She looks great. I'm not clear why I would preorder her unless there were significant savings to do so. That seems a bit strange.

• KainjyKainjy Posts: 757

Wow.. a freebie that I can't use because it's a clothing for a G9 (I have to wait another mounth).
    Great idea !!

• And what's the point about 8k anyway? Why is Jay so exited about it? We can put 8k maps on any figure we like, don't we?

• mrposermrposer Posts: 1,128

There will be much better deals than this V9 offer in the future. I can wait for the free update to get the figure.

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591

So I'm looking at the bundle for Victoria 9 and it doesn't list what's included. Does anyone know when that will be announced or should I look at preordering the base figure?

I'm not spending $111.99 without knowing what I'm buying...

• bluejaunte said:

hansolocambo said:

I didn't hear anything about a, finally, proper packing of UVs. There's an insane amount of empty space in all textures, Which means Genesis uses a lot of VRAM to load tons of textures when the amount could be drastically reduced with a better packing of UVs in less textures.

Way better UV maps, I'm happy to say. Much better unified texel density, only the head is a bit different but very reasonable. This was a pet peeve of mine and I'm finally happy with it.

I can only imagine what sort of magic you'll be able to work with these new figures and UV maps! If the base figure looks this good...

• Serene Night said:

She looks great. I'm not clear why I would preorder her unless there were significant savings to do so. That seems a bit strange.

Voss Hair is an extra if you pre-order. As far as I can tell that's the incentive to pre-order instead of waiting. The bundle pre-order gets the Voss Hair and the bikini, as far as I can tell from the sales page.

• bluejaunte said:

hansolocambo said:

I was hoping that you`d include the regular old iray skin along with the PBR stuff. 
    I buy averything you make just to support you as my favorite PA, but I never used the newer characters because the PBR skins take long to load on my systems. GTX 1660TI and RTX 3060 12GB
  • tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,397

@JayVersluis, thanks for the freebie, it's appreciated, now the poor girl/guy won't have to go naked once they drop ... Nice presentation also, though I'm not sure I need another figure so badly, especially with the massive strain by the textures. Looks quite fun to play with though. Need to sleep now, nightie-night ...

• I see there are freebie links in the live chat

well guess what 

I never under any circumstance click links in Youtube posts

so too bad

cannot afford the character anyway devil

• marblemarble Posts: 7,449

Nothing jaw dropping. Big disappointment that DS5 is still some way off. V9 very expensive and will require a PC upgrade for many users. I have a RTX 3090 but am not tempted to go for this new generation. Maybe in a year from now, if DS5 is here by then. The V9 close-up detail is very impressive but I don't do close-ups so G8 is fine for my purposes (I don't even have any G8.1 characters).

Looking forward to a lot of G8 stuff coming with big discounts.

• glaseyeglaseye Posts: 1,309

Nice presentation, true, but alas bad timing (for me) for both the presentation (past midnight here) and the products (budget most likely needed to pay the energy-bills.......)

WendyLuvsCatz said:

I see there are freebie links in the live chat

well guess what 

so too bad

Wendy, I think in this case it's okay to click, it's really just a simple outfit for G9, and since G9 base is gonna be free (if I understood that correctly), you'll be able to use it as well. 

WendyLuvsCatz said:

I see there are freebie links in the live chat

well guess what 

so too bad

I just clicked it, it's save. Just a zip file with the usual folder structure.
  • hjakehjake Posts: 812

Kainjy said:

Wow.. a freebie that I can't use because it's a clothing for a G9 (I have to wait another mounth).
    Great idea !!

I think Jay-V said it works with G8

glaseye said:

Nice presentation, true, but alas bad timing (for me) for both the presentation (past midnight here) and the products (budget most likely needed to pay the energy-bills.......)

Yeah same, and you know what, it would be a REALLY forward-looking development - and a true evolution, then - if DAZ people managed to give us figures that look just as good as they do now and use LESS resources than before, and render FASTER ...

• Jabba said:

I don't like the idea of pre-ordering bundle when no details of products are specified... mystery bov

Same. The mystery box was not my favorite thing I ever bought.