The big announcement on September 21, 2022 - place your bets!

Comments

• fred9803fred9803 Posts: 1,562

I missed a bit. Anything about clothing compatability yet?

• It has potential ... potential for great things, and potential for great problems ... I will hope for the better.

• glaseyeglaseye Posts: 1,311
    edited September 2022

Mada said:

glaseye said:

hmm, base male, base female, apparently same height / legs length, so still very long legged female.....

nope :) big difference height and proprotions - and very scalable and morphable.

Ok. wasn't clear in the stream, looked the same proportions......

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • MadaMada Posts: 1,871

Since I see this question come up constantly on the feed - G8 clothing will fit G9 with autofit - same as always. High heel shoes won't, same as before.

• Blando CalrissianBlando Calrissian Posts: 461
    edited September 2022

fred9803 said:

I missed a bit. Anything about clothing compatability yet?

From what I am reading from PAs in the chat box, clothing will need conversion (will likely auto-convert as Gen 3 does to Gen 8)

Edit: Jay indicates that it could be "hit or miss"...

Post edited by Blando Calrissian on

Thanks Mada.

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,996

The base character comes with 4 different high res skin colours out of the box, it seems. And Michael 9 is in the making. Also, ManFriday made a pose converter that will be able to convert the G8 poses to G9. I think it's built-in?

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591

thanks for info Mada!

I'm actually very pleased to see them going back to one figure...

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,851

Simple question, expressions, similar system to G8.1 aka facial rigging, or that mess that was G8.0 ?

• Well, I'm disappointed that I've invested so much in G8 (and quite a lot recently in 8.1, not to mention G3, 2, etc.)... but that's simply because this is obviously a superior product (which is a very good thing). It's also great that so much of this superior functionality is coming for free with the base figure.

The comparisons between the expressions of V8 and V9 really underscored how big a deal this is in terms of realism. It's been hard work producing realistic faces with G8: even with the best characters with their own expressions, it can take a lot of mucking around with third party morphs just to get anything vaguely believable, unless you stick to the narrow range of expression that the content creators focused on themselves (for e.g. custom smiles). So far it looks as though the standard expressions are actually believable, for the first time: this (Gen 9) looks to be the point at which Daz renders finally transition from obvious (and often not very professional looking) CGI to believable photorealism.

I might stop experimenting and start creating content seriously, now that the tech's here to make photorealism this easy.

• FBX export inport has been updated ...

• johnjohn808johnjohn808 Posts: 143
    edited September 2022

Im on a RTX 3060 12GB and Im still scared of the thought of the resources needed for the new stuff.

But then I again, for what I make I dont need that kind of detail.

Still a tough sell for me though.

I made the mistake for buying Victoria 8.1 on day one, whom I used just one single time after seeing how long it takes to load PBR skin (Man I hate that skin LOL).

Post edited by johnjohn808 on
  • tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,419

Rod Wise Driggo said:

Was that freebie mentioned already? Need to get some sleep (over here in Europe).

Same here, guys, it's way past midnight, need to work tomorrow morning ... Please mods, can you tell Jay to maybe give us the info about the freebie soon? Much appreciated! I'm so tired ... 

• I must say V9 looks very nice

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,996
    edited September 2022

Here's V9 with the vertigilo skin texture which is her secondary skin she comes with. The hair seems to be part of the Pro pack.

G9_a.JPG
    558 x 574 - 35K
    Post edited by BeeMKay on
  • KainjyKainjy Posts: 766

G8 materials are compatibles ?
    Poses, Clothing/Hair and morphs no.. but materials ? 

• Twilight76Twilight76 Posts: 318
    edited September 2022

hm the info on the bundle i a little sparse

victoria-9-pre-sale-bundle

Preorder the Victoria 9 HD Bundle — complete with poses, outfits, hair by outoftouch, and more — to get the Summer Bikini and Voss Hair for Genesis 9 FREE at launch.

Post edited by Twilight76 on
  • PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591

Psycho said:

Well, I'm disappointed that I've invested so much in G8 (and quite a lot recently in 8.1, not to mention G3, 2, etc.)... but that's simply because this is obviously a superior product (which is a very good thing). It's also great that so much of this superior functionality is coming for free with the base figure.

The comparisons between the expressions of V8 and V9 really underscored how big a deal this is in terms of realism. It's been hard work producing realistic faces with G8: even with the best characters with their own expressions, it can take a lot of mucking around with third party morphs just to get anything vaguely believable, unless you stick to the narrow range of expression that the content creators focused on themselves (for e.g. custom smiles). So far it looks as though the standard expressions are actually believable, for the first time: this (Gen 9) looks to be the point at which Daz renders finally transition from obvious (and often not very professional looking) CGI to believable photorealism.

I might stop experimenting and start creating content seriously, now that the tech's here to make photorealism this easy.

I haven't seriously invested in a genesis figure since the original so that's not an issue for me but it will be for a number of people.

• Mada said:

Since I see this question come up constantly on the feed - G8 clothing will fit G9 with autofit - same as always. High heel shoes won't, same as before.

Thanks, wish this had been stated clearly earlier on (getting into it on the stream now at last). With autofit at least working as well as it ever has in the past, I'll at least play around with the free G9 once it gets here.

• SorelSorel Posts: 1,390

Does doubled mesh density mean I can make more detailed base morphs?

• I hope clothes aren't going to be too frumpy just to be able to work with male bodies too 

Will there also be another Sakura figure and matching male too? 

• evacynevacyn Posts: 961

Looks amazing, but it means our G8/8.1 morphs are useless now huh?

• AlmightyQUEST said:

Mada said:

Thanks, wish this had been stated clearly earlier on (getting into it on the stream now at last). With autofit at least working as well as it ever has in the past, I'll at least play around with the free G9 once it gets here.

LOL High heel shoes are one of the only articles of clothing I willingly buy.  Oh yeah, and hairbands ;)

Kainjy said:

No, previous textures won't work. 

• hansolocambohansolocambo Posts: 649
    edited September 2022

I didn't hear anything about a, finally, proper packing of UVs. There's an insane amount of empty space in all textures, Which means Genesis uses a lot of VRAM to load tons of textures when the amount could be drastically reduced with a better packing of UVs in less textures.

When when when ... are they going to optimize properly.

Sorel said:

Does doubled mesh density mean I can make more detailed base morphs?

Yes. And HD is not a plugin anymore for PAs only. Now it's just a slider available to everyone for what I understood. And that is damn great.

Post edited by hansolocambo on

BandoriFan said:

I hope clothes aren't going to be too frumpy just to be able to work with male bodies too 

Will there also be another Sakura figure and matching male too? 

That's not been my experience :)

• evacyn said:

Looks amazing, but it means our G8/8.1 morphs are useless now huh?

Assuming we can still use G8 not really. They probably won't work with G9 tho 

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,766

Sigh... Looks like yet another step further into the unreal valley and a massive increase in CPU/Card power required for most folks to use this.   

fred9803 said:

Kainjy said:

No, previous textures won't work. 

G8 clothing will fit G9 with autofit - same as always. High heel shoes won't, same as before. I keep on seeing posts that it won't work. Yes it will lol

• johnjohn808 said:

AlmightyQUEST said:

Mada said:

LOL High heel shoes are one of the only articles of clothing I willingly buy.  Oh yeah, and hairbands ;)

One of the reasons I always liked shoes that were props rather than rigged to the whole body. At least there are well known work arounds that should be able to work with the new figure.