The big announcement on September 21, 2022 - place your bets!

v3rlon_7354dd516ev3rlon_7354dd516e Posts: 71
edited September 2022 in The Commons
  1. DAZ Studio 5 (with AI features because everything has those now)
  2. Bryce 8 (for Mac, not that I'm bitter)
  3. Cararra 9
  4. Genesis 9
  5. Hexagon 3
  6. DAZ Studio 5 with Bryce and/or Cararra and/or Hexagon built in
  7. DAZ has acquired the rights to Notepad
  8. DAZ has acquired the rights to Lightwave and will possibly do something with it.
  9. Aliens - I'm not sure what, but it has to do with Aliens.
Post edited by v3rlon_7354dd516e on

Comments

• 10. DAZ is acquired by Adobe (seeing that Adobe currently bought Figma, and usually they aquire more than one company at a time) 

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,156

Betting on new versions of Hexagon, Carrara or Bryce is a sucker's bet.

• 10. DAZ is acquired by Adobe (seeing that Adobe currently bought Figma, and usually they aquire more than one company at a time) 

That. Would suck.
  • evacynevacyn Posts: 958

*Please don't be about NFTs, please don't be about NFTs*

• Nyghtfall3D said:

Blood-PawWerewolf said:

10. DAZ is acquired by Adobe (seeing that Adobe currently bought Figma, and usually they aquire more than one company at a time) 

That. Would suck.

Big time

I use nothing Adobe since the cancelled my stand alone licenses back when they went subscription only 

• zx96zx96 Posts: 13

evacyn said:

Yes let's hope it is not about NFT. 
    Personally i'd be ok with both G8.2 or Daz Studio 5 but i won't hold my breath for now!

• mrposermrposer Posts: 1,127

Complete Poser compatibility - LOL, I been around a long time. 

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,437
    edited September 2022

the 1st post on the video link ... "What will they break this time"

I better not spend any money until then just in case. One never knows. Its a secret like a grab bag, or buy 7 get a secret free.

Post edited by daveso on
    edited September 2022

its the 1st day of fall? 

DAZ+ sale is starting early?

Post edited by daveso on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,575
    edited September 2022

...Daz now includes oxi-cleaning for blinding white whites and even more dazzling colours?

keep clean.jpg
    106 x 108 - 24K
    Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • evacyn said:

It will probably be about NFTs.

• zombietaggerung said:

evacyn said:

It will probably be about NFTs.

i have feeling it'll be most likely 100% that. Unless someone here can clarify on what DAZ will be focusing on.

New programs? New Genesis generation? Both? NFTs? An acquisition/been acquired?

at least point us in the right direction because at this point, anything is possible.

• SorelSorel Posts: 1,390
    I must be blind. Where is this announcement?
  • Sorel said:

It was an email. 

• Sorel said:

They emailed us.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,155
    Genesis 9
  • TBorNotTBorNot Posts: 362

Apple buys Daz.  Should get good odds.

• 11. There will be three new vendors that will focus on producing realistic, everyday type clothing that people actually wear.

Well ... one can hope / dream right?

• Anything to do with NTFs would be unashamedly trolling us... I think it's more to do with creative ways to get our attention when our minds (and pockets) might well be preoccupied with other things.

• gsil247gsil247 Posts: 221
    edited September 2022

Since its the day after Nvidia has their big announcement, I'm guessing it has something to do with that. 

Thats just an idea, but I most likely believe it has something to do with Genesis 9.

Post edited by gsil247 on
  • mrposer said:

Complete Poser compatibility - LOL, I been around a long time. 

Ahhh the good old days 

• Really, really hoping for Gen9/Daz 5 but realistically expecting it to be something I'm not at all interested in like NFTs or directly feeding our renders into an AI blenderfrown

• I just assumed it was Daz 5 (maybe with genesis 9).

• GoggerGogger Posts: 2,308

In case anyone did not get the email, here is the link it provides.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU9gyflAdIQ

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 2,556

I wondered how long it would take for a thread to appear. Number 8 seems unlikely. I doubt Daz could/would do anything with Lightwave. Daz didn't really do much with anything else they've acquired. And anyway, they have bridges to other programs. To me, the only new thing worth an email might (maybe?) be Daz 5. Whatever it is, we'll find out soon enough.

• Genesis 9 or Daz Studio 5

i put my bet on DAZ 5 myself. Not sure I'll move to it though until it is proven to work and it doesn;t break all the add on programs I've purchased. 

• ByrdieByrdie Posts: 1,775

Daz 5 with Genesis 9 and AI Vicky. Clothing optional, temple and sword sold seperately. Batteries not included.

• Now, when they say Special Event, do they mean Olympic special? Maybe they are being bought out by Zygote? Perhaps they are going to enable Firefox 52 to be usable again on an old PC with Windows XP as the OS for downloading over the next month. I give up, I don't have a clue what they have in store.
  • GordigGordig Posts: 9,156

daveso said:

i put my bet on DAZ 5 myself. Not sure I'll move to it though until it is proven to work and it doesn;t break all the add on programs I've purchased. 

DS 5 would be completely independent of 4, so I see no harm in trying 5 as soon as it comes out because you won't have to worry about it overwriting whatever version of 4 you like.