The big announcement on September 21, 2022 - place your bets!

1252627282931»

Comments

• Sevrin said:

Sevrin said:

DAZ_ann0314 said:

Just so everyone knows, there should be a FAQ answering some more questions etc coming tomorrow heart

@DAZ_ann0314 So yesterday came and went.  Is there a new ETA for this FAQ? 

Summer has come to an end, the leaves will soon be turning colours, and another day has passed without the promised FAQ. broken heart

California Dreaming? 

• Gator said:

Jason Galterio said:

Will be happy to see fewer stretched skins and skin seamlines. This seems to be the case, at the moment, but of course is dependent on the skins themselves.

This is a concern I have and I hope I'm wrong.  With the UV based off of one generic mesh, I'm concerned about compression where females are thinner and stretching in other areas - especially breasts since it starts with a flat-chested androgenous shape.

This is a valid concern, but it could be fixed by a willing and skilled vendor, by offering separate male and female UV sets. 

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591

Jason Galterio said:

No problem. And sorry, didn't mean to sound like I was arguing.

Just wanted to clairfy for other users who might not have been around in those days.

Even I find it hard to remember the days of having to buy Cross Dresser just to get a Stephanie shirt to fit Vicki. Or having no exterior landscapes. Or mucking with Cyclorama to get a decent background...

It's okay,  I didn't take it that way.  

I'd forgotten about crossdresser and the cyclorama probably because I preferred the infinity cove from rdna...

• :)

Cyclorama was about the only way I had to create reasonable external environments. Did not even know about the Infinity Cove.

Buy Crossdresser. Buy the Vicki plug in. Buy the plug for where the clothes were going. Those were the days.

• inquireinquire Posts: 2,088

@ragamuffin57

And You have most of these features in the Reallusion Iclone/ CC4 software with simple easy to use controls at  the entry cost of $900 USD 

and the native Iclone store content is appallingly more expensive than the Daz offering.

Does the Reallusion Iclone/ CC4 software with simple easy to use controls at  the entry cost of $900 USD accept DAZ Characters and DAZ Scenes? 

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140

inquire said:

@ragamuffin57

And You have most of these features in the Reallusion Iclone/ CC4 software with simple easy to use controls at  the entry cost of $900 USD 

and the native Iclone store content is appallingly more expensive than the Daz offering.

Does the Reallusion Iclone/ CC4 software with simple easy to use controls at  the entry cost of $900 USD accept DAZ Characters and DAZ Scenes? 

Yes, if you buy the extra plugin that does it ;)

• JoeQuickJoeQuick Posts: 1,697

Doing promos for upcomming G9 releases, I used a mix of G3 and G8 stuff as well as some G9 items that were shared by other PAs.  I found the older outfits worked really well.  Some of them may have worked better on G9 than they did on their native figures... because Mada made the new clothing rig templates that were used in the conversion process.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049

Anything made by Mada is great.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,514

Sven Dullah said:

kyoto kid said:

Tynkere said:

Been revisiting aweSurface to start migrating away from nVidia GPU game.  I wonder if there's even a a topic for 3DL that isn't necro!  : 0 !

...been thinking the same myself but need to get a much higher core count CPU like a Broadwell 18 core Xeon (have only 6 cores currently) and a boatload of memory like 64 GB (only 24 GB presently) beforehand. 

24GB RAM is more than enough for most things in 3DL, core count, of course, is what matters speedwise. Granted, more is always better))

...well windows and system function do take about 1 GB  and then there's those epic level scenes I like to create.  For example, that railroad station since I did  Iray  took up about 9.8 GB in memory before rendering. I'm sure more memory resources are allocated to the rendering process which are uncompressed as Iray uses compression when rendering on the GPU.  However yes, 26 threqads (even though they're not fast like today's CPUs) will make a difference. 

I actually trhought of a dual socket baord and 2 E52697 V4 18 core Xeons, but that's a bit more expensive.  However I don't need to have both CPUs at the outset.   Lookign also at 128 GB of memory now as a 128 GB DDR4 2133 kit (with ECC) is gong for around 270$.  The only trouble with the dual Xeon setup is how to cool both CPUs as the E52697 V4 has a TDP of 145w.  Don't think I can fit two Dark Rock Pros in the case.

• kyoto kid said:

Sven Dullah said:

kyoto kid said:

Tynkere said:

Been revisiting aweSurface to start migrating away from nVidia GPU game.  I wonder if there's even a a topic for 3DL that isn't necro!  : 0 !

...been thinking the same myself but need to get a much higher core count CPU like a Broadwell 18 core Xeon (have only 6 cores currently) and a boatload of memory like 64 GB (only 24 GB presently) beforehand. 

24GB RAM is more than enough for most things in 3DL, core count, of course, is what matters speedwise. Granted, more is always better))

...well windows and system function do take about 1 GB  and then there's those epic level scenes I like to create.  For example, that railroad station since I did  Iray  took up about 9.8 GB in memory before rendering. I'm sure more memory resources are allocated to the rendering process which are uncompressed as Iray uses compression when rendering on the GPU.  However yes, 26 threqads (even though they're not fast like today's CPUs) will make a difference. 

I actually trhought of a dual socket baord and 2 E52697 V4 18 core Xeons, but that's a bit more expensive.  However I don't need to have both CPUs at the outset.   Lookign also at 128 GB of memory now as a 128 GB DDR4 2133 kit (with ECC) is gong for around 270$.  The only trouble with the dual Xeon setup is how to cool both CPUs as the E52697 V4 has a TDP of 145w.  Don't think I can fit two Dark Rock Pros in the case.

Dual cpus are nice but the software has to be written to recogonize and use more than one cpu

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,890

JoeQuick said:

Doing promos for upcomming G9 releases, I used a mix of G3 and G8 stuff as well as some G9 items that were shared by other PAs.  I found the older outfits worked really well.  Some of them may have worked better on G9 than they did on their native figures... because Mada made the new clothing rig templates that were used in the conversion process.

This is what I was hoping after last Saturday's presentation.

• inquireinquire Posts: 2,088

@JoeQuick: Are you the same joequick that has costumes, etc., on Sharecg?