V4 Pose Converter for Genesis 1 & Genesis 2 Female (Commercial)

Comments

• gregbogregbo Posts: 39

Hi, any chance to have a converting tool so i could use G3F poses on my G2F characters ?

This would be AMAZING... and an InstaBuy! I'm not even looking for pinpoint perfection... Just something reasonably close. The Genesis 3 poses are just so darned incompatible that they aren't even close enough to use as starting points. I am not able to purchase any G3 poses because of this. I am one of those who isn't going to move to G3 for a loooooong time, because I am too heavily invested in Genesis 2. This would be a Godsend!

• scal.64.psscal.64.ps Posts: 140
    Zev0 said:

Hmmm....Will have to see if reverse engineering is even possible. What works one way doesn't always work the other way. We will do some tests and see...

That would be so great tool i'd buy instantly

It's a bit frustrating, for me who is not ready now to step into G3 and leave G2 to see great poses offered for this new generation and not being able to apply them on the previous one.

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,254

Well given that G3 has a whole lot more bones it probably wouldn't come that close.

• +1 for the G3 convertor (those kunoichi poses...).

Now, regarding a doubt with the product: yesterday I purchased Rawart's Masters of Horror Poses and, although the conversion works like a charm, I noticed that the interacting poses in the package included (obviously) translation and rotation parameters and those are not converted by the script. Am I missing something? Is there a way to do this I am not seeing?

• The script does not convert the translation/rotation/scale of the base Genesis 3. It starts at the hip.

• ecoleenaecoleena Posts: 85
    edited March 2016

Fantastic, Awesome !!! 5 stars for this pose converter, thank you !

Post edited by ecoleena on
  • Hello. I keep getting an error "can not find neccesary asset V4.duf" As far as I know, no such file ever existed for V4. What am I doing wrong? I re-install V4, and same error. Thanks.

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045
    edited June 2016

Can you send a screenshot of the error message please?

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • drgmc2drgmc2 Posts: 16

Is V4 Pose Converter for Genesis 1 and Genesis 2 Female version 1.1 the newest version? I reinstalled the program and am still getting the missing file message data/daz 3d/genesis 2/female/uv sets/daz 3d/Victoria 4/victoria 4.duf. Thanks. 

• Yes, I am getting the same error with version 1.1

• Here is screenshot.

missing v4duf.PNG
    463 x 298 - 18K
  • That's the Victoria 4 for Genesis 2 Female product, not something from the Victoria 4 figure.

• Sorry for my ignorance but what does that mean exactly? How do I fix this error?

here is my program's error message.

V2-GG2femaleposeconverter.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 282K
  • It is looking for the Victoria 4 UV set for Genesis 2 Female, http://www.daz3d.com/victoria-4-for-genesis-2-female

I am using Daz 4.9.2.70. When I looked for the victoria 4.dsf file, I found it in data/daz 3d/genesis/female/uv sets/daz3d/base/Victoria 4/victoria 4.dsf. That was when I was using Windows 7 Pro, I have "upgraded" to Windows 10 Pro and can no longer find many of the Daz3d files, though the program overall runs the same. The error message was occurring when I was on Windows 7 Pro also.     

edited July 2016
    We are looking into this.
    Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited July 2016

Are you still able to do the pose conversion? If yes then just ignore that message because it has no relavence to the pose converting process.

Post edited by Zev0 on

I will retry and let you know. Thanks.

Yes, it does function properly. Two other questions: 1. Should I always use the forearm unlocker before using the converted pose, or does the system let me know when to use it? 2. when using the  Genesis 2 to Genesis 3 pose converter, do I use the V4 to Gen2 converted file and then save to a new file with a different name than converted? Thanks.  

edited July 2016

The forearm unlocker is used for pose sets that don't use limits. So it's just safer to use the unlocker. You don't always need to use it but there no guarentee the arm poses will match if it isn't used. And yes, you use the G2 converted from V4 poses and convert that as G3 poses uand save those to wherever you choose. If you have Handy Dandy from Sloshwerks, that fixes some irregularities on the hands from the multiple generations.

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited July 2016

Thank you so much for the clarifications and for the quick responding. Your products have saved me a lot of time!

Post edited by drgmc2 on

You're welcome and thanks for the support.

• CO3DRCO3DR Posts: 157

This is a great product! Thanks!

I did have some front-end requests, or perhaps others have discovered workarounds. Generally, I want greater selectability of the poses to convert, because I used the tool on a bunch of V4 poses, then a bunch of V4 poses went on sale and I got them, but I installed the new V4 poses under the same hierarchy. So now it's difficult to select my new V4 poses for conversion without converting all of the old V4 poses again too. Another possibility is for the converter to check whether it has already converted a pose, ie a G2 pose exists in the place it would put the conversion if it did it. (My workaround has been to cleave the OLD V4 poses temporarily from the to-be-converted directory, but I've got to remember to put them back). Another reason for greater selectability is that some products put the figure and prop V4 poses in the same directory, but there's no reason to run this converter on the props.

While the converter is running (probably by its nature), my computer cannot lock without causing the converter to pause. Trying to use the computer regularly is fine, except during every conversion the mouse jumps and perhaps the cursor moves.

Aside from the front-end, on my hardware, the coverter takes about 50 seconds per pose. Obviously, I would love this to be shorter, but also having some sort of terminate and restart would help. Have you profiled the conversion? Is there anyway for the script to run faster?

Again, thanks for the great product and I hope you can find some way to get these improvements in a subsequent release.

It definately runs faster than 50 seconds per pose. What PC specs are you running?

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Ouch 50 sec per pose?  I just did 23 poses in under 30 seconds....

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,074

Same here. Around a second or less per pose.

• When I run the script 'V4 to Genesis 2 Female Pose Converter', it shows an error message below.

Missing Files

Some assets needed to load the file were missing. The content may not work as expected.

The following files could not be found:

data/daz 3d/genesis 2/female/uv sets/daz 3d/victoria 4/victoria 4.dsf

Do I have to install some other products?

Please anyone help me.

• Joe CotterJoe Cotter Posts: 3,259
    edited December 2016

I am getting the same error message and the poses I've tested are not aligned correctly. They are driver poses for v4 that have to be adjusted significantly on Genesis2 after conversion. I am not sure if the error message is related to the poses not being aligned correctly or not but it does warn that it "may not work as expected" so it would be nice if this were tested and results were posted here.

Post edited by Joe Cotter on
  • OdaaOdaa Posts: 1,548

I got that error message too.  It sounded to me like it wanted to load a V4 uv for G2f and and the V4 base skin, and couldn't. The poses seem to convert well but not flawlessly (alot of the ones I am running right now are technically M4 poses), but I'm used to having to tweak poses to get what I want anyway, this just saves me the trouble of posing from scratch.

God bless Zev0 and Draagonstorm. If their G2F to G3F pose converter works this well, my G3 characters will soon be a lot easier to work with.