V4 Pose Converter for Genesis 1 & Genesis 2 Female (Commercial)

Comments

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,706

I was going to say how did I miss this as I do not see it in the store, but once I unclicked hide items I own I found it.  I was looking for something like this but I had it all along.  I will play with it tonight if I can.

Oh will there be a V3 to Genesis ? or V4 to genesis 3 pose converter?

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,762

I was going to say how did I miss this as I do not see it in the store, but once I unclicked hide items I own I found it.  I was looking for something like this but I had it all along.  I will play with it tonight if I can.

Oh will there be a V3 to Genesis ? or V4 to genesis 3 pose converter?

One already actually exists and used to be sold by DAZ, but the PA, cridgit, moved to Rendo a long time ago so it's available there now.  It's called Posemaster for DAZ Studio, and it comes in two parts: the base version comes with presets to converts in both directions between V4 & M4 to Genesis as well as MIl Horse to Mil dog (!) and can be user configured to convert between other figures.  For ease of use with V3, there's the add-on PoseMaster People Pack that includes transfer presets for all of the Generation 2, 3 and 4 characters to Genesis, V4 and M4.  Now that I''m thinking about it, I really need to pull it out and see about converting all my old DAZ horse one poses to Horse 2...

• Syrus_DanteSyrus_Dante Posts: 983

Great Script, I like the batch converter funktion.

The problem I have with it is that it dosnt care about V4 poses that exceeding the bone joint limits. The converted poses let genesis 2 bend only within her joint limits.

Looks like the script loads in my default genesis 2 figure from the library. I wonder if I should save her over with all bone joint limits off? So I can use the script to convert my poses beyond the genesis 2 joint limits.

It would be a nice feature to have a checkbox to ignore joint limits before starting to convert.

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045
    edited April 2017

The script was written to obey limits so accuracy in conversion could be achieved. You could try and apply it to a genesis 2 figure with no limits.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • Syrus_DanteSyrus_Dante Posts: 983

Yea anyway, I found a solution.

When you start the script it loads in the scene file namend "G2F.duf" from the "Recources" folder that comes with the script.

So I loaded that file turned off the genesis 2 joint limits and saved over the new version. The next time you start the script it will load the "G2F.duf" scene file and uses the figure settings in there.

Actualy this is realy handy - I maybe fine tune joint limits in this scene file - or maybe I will lock the hand and finger bendings next time to prevent the convertor to do changes in these bones.

• Can I safely rearrange the converted pose folder once it's finished converting?  I'm not crazy with how it separated things from the same vendor into different folders.

Yes that shouldn't be a problem if you view poses via content library. They will appear wherever you place them.

• freni-kynfreni-kyn Posts: 394
    edited February 2018

Does there happen to be a script to turn off the preview on the v4 to genesis2 version.  I noticed that the other converters you have go so fast, doing in under an hour what took days for the v4 conversion.  I'm assuming that is because this one does a preview of the poses as it goes but not positive.

Post edited by freni-kyn on
  • sandmanmaxsandmanmax Posts: 992

Is there a way to select multiple files to delete from the list?  The button says "Delete Selected From List" but only lets you select one at a time. 

No there isn't unfortunately. We didnt know how at the time.
  • Geminii23Geminii23 Posts: 1,327

Hi.  I just grabbed all of your converters and was going to start with V4 to G1 and G2 first and then try out the others.  Are there any good instructions on how the batch processing works?  Does it scan my whole library for v4 poses or do I need to drag and drop them?  Am I able to create separate folders for pose sets so that I can add them into Smart Content?

Sorry for my confusion on this.  Thanks

• ddyackddyack Posts: 15

Hi Zev0,

We just picked this up and tried to convert some v4 morphs and it did not write any files.  Program said the conversion process completed fine but when we looked in the folders V4Conversion no files existed.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,033
    ddyack said:

We just picked this up and tried to convert some v4 morphs and it did not write any files.

This program converts poses, not morphs.

• Leana said:
    ddyack said:

We just picked this up and tried to convert some v4 morphs and it did not write any files.

This program converts poses, not morphs.

Well that explains that - thank you.

• mindsongmindsong Posts: 1,693

FWIW, the GenX2 product converts morphs between figure families, via the base product and plugin/add-ons. There are extensive forum discussion for this well-regarded package. The developer passed away before the Genesis8 family was 'born', so the conversion add-ons range from mil3 through Genesis3. The PA is/was Dimension3D (D3D), here at the DAZ store and a few DAZ/Poser products over at rendo.

(this note added for future reference),

--ms

• For some reason this product isn't working for me. It only converts the pose if the source file is in .duf format. It ignores .dsa and .dsb files. I'm running Studio 4.10.0.123 on macOS 10.14.1. Any advice would be welcome. Thanks

• MouserMouser Posts: 675

I ran into the same situation, I got around 4 directories to work but the bulk didnt.

For some reason when you select the files to convert they are instantly listed as converted and hiting the convert button does nothing.

For some reason this product isn't working for me. It only converts the pose if the source file is in .duf format. It ignores .dsa and .dsb files. I'm running Studio 4.10.0.123 on macOS 10.14.1. Any advice would be welcome. Thanks

Hmmmm....Can you send me a link to a pose set with.dsa format files?

• sapatsapat Posts: 1,735

I searched the store for the XTransfer, and also went to your store. I can't find any product named XTransfer.  Is it out yet?  I figured it was since it's in your signature line, but when I click the banner, it just takes me back to page 1 of this thread.

Not out yet.

• inquireinquire Posts: 2,098
    Redz said:

Thank you. This will still be an automatic buy for me and I hope you will consider an m4 version at some point :)

+1 Same here. Love your products. Would really enjoy your making an M4 to G1 to G2 version of this.

• pctech4nypctech4ny Posts: 177
    edited November 2019

deleted post

Post edited by pctech4ny on
  • I hope a converter for M4 to G1 to G2 is in the works. I mean it makes this tool pointless and worthless for those of us who ARE doing male-female pose senses.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,033

I hope a converter for M4 to G1 to G2 is in the works. I mean it makes this tool pointless and worthless for those of us who ARE doing male-female pose senses.

The female version was released years ago, so I seriously doubt a male version is in the works now.

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,083

Picked up this V4 to G1/G2 pose converter during the holidays.  Excellent.

Thank you.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

I wanted to ask, is there any way to select Categories rather than folders on disk as the source?  First of all, I have my V4 poses categorized, so it would be more convenient to keep those categories, second (and more important), since the Poser format Pose library includes morph injections and mat poses, it would be easier to select categories which I already know are true poses.

I'm confused about what you mean by catagories. Can you show me how yours is set up and what exactly you want to convert?

Zev0 said:

I'm confused about what you mean by catagories. Can you show me how yours is set up and what exactly you want to convert?

I've categorized all my content in the CMS database, so the contents of the Poser pose library are split up, mat poses are categorized as materials with the clothing or figure they're made for, morphs in a separate category under the figure they belong to, and true poses under the figure and further categorized into action poses, weapon poses, everyday poses, etc.

Unfortunately I cannot change how this product is set up. The partner I worked with is no longer with us, and she had the source code.

I thought that might be so.  She is dearly missed.