V4 Pose Converter for Genesis 1 & Genesis 2 Female (Commercial)

Comments

• AllegraAllegra Posts: 405
    edited August 2015

This is an amazing product, converted fav V4 poses and even able to use them with G3 with minor adjustments..brilliant work!

Post edited by Allegra on
  • reelyorreelyor Posts: 235

Great product! Using it quite heavily.

• DraagonStormDraagonStorm Posts: 748
    edited August 2015

We'd really like to thank all of you for the positive comments!

You may like to know, We were on the fence about doing this conversion, We weren't sure if there would be that much interest.

Post edited by DraagonStorm on
  • carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,951

I am so glad you and Zev0 got off the fence on the side of making this ,...........course any more I am pretty much only buying stuff that helps me use my older stuff with the newer figures.Which reminds me are ya'll doing a skin Builder for Genesis3 ?

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045

As soon as the essential morph packs for G3 are complete from my side, we will look into a new SkinBuilder.

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,951

Yepppeee !!!

• KajiKaji Posts: 21

Most of my V4 poses are in p2z format. Is it possible to convert the compressed files? They don't seem to show up in the conversion file list.

edited August 2015

It supports pz2, ds, dsb, dsa and duf formats.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • Kaji said:

Most of my V4 poses are in p2z format. Is it possible to convert the compressed files? They don't seem to show up in the conversion file list.

I do not look for .p2z formats in the script. I check for .pz2, .dsa, .duf, .dsb and .ds. I know that DAZ Studio script can read .dsb (compressed) files, but do not know if it can read .p2z files.. I've checked and I don't have any pose presets in .p2z format to test for you, and make a possible update to include .pz2.

• KajiKaji Posts: 21
    edited August 2015
    Kaji said:

I do not look for .p2z formats in the script. I check for .pz2, .dsa, .duf, .dsb and .ds. I know that DAZ Studio script can read .dsb (compressed) files, but do not know if it can read .p2z files.. I've checked and I don't have any pose presets in .p2z format to test for you, and make a possible update to include .pz2.

If you still have Poser you can compress/uncompress them with a script. I guess I'll do that. I was hoping not to have to do that.

Post edited by Kaji on
  • Kaji said:
    Kaji said:

If you still have Poser you can compress/uncompress them with a script. I guess I'll do that. I was hoping not to have to do that.

Sorry, I don't have Poser installed.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

You can decompress them with any utility that handles .zip files.

• Arcane Von OblivionArcane Von Oblivion Posts: 149
    edited September 2015
    Zev0 said:

I think DraagonStorm has something animated related in the works.

Yes, DraagonStorm does ;)

cool looking for it!!! Including Genesis 1 to 2? or all? or?

either way with animations transfers id pay a pretty penny

Post edited by Arcane Von Oblivion on
  • JLK's Way of the Sword poses are in p2z format, if you want to try to convert them, Dragon.  http://www.sharecg.com/v/34173/gallery/11/Poser/Way-of-The-Sword

Thanks for an awesome product.

• Protip: the script clears your scene to do its thing, obviously.

So don't go working on something, not save, and then think "ohhh, I'd better convert this v4 pose for this scene"

Also, don't work on things late at night when you're apt to do stupid things.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    Hanabi said:

Protip: the script clears your scene to do its thing, obviously.

So don't go working on something, not save, and then think "ohhh, I'd better convert this v4 pose for this scene"

Somehow I feel there is a story behind this.

• Hanabi said:

...and it probably doesn't have a happy ending

• Hanabi said:

...and it probably doesn't have a happy ending

I fell victim to the same problem and lost a pretty good scene I was working on. That said, it is my only complaint for an excellent product.

• Apologies if this has been answered and I missed it because I was skimming: Does this work in Poser? Only Daz is mentioned under software, but there's a note mentioning "DSON Core Installer".

No. This product is Studio only as the scripts are designed in Studio.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,033

there's a note mentioning "DSON Core Installer".

DSON Core installer doesn't mean it works in Poser. DSON is the format used by DS since 4.6, so the DSON Core installer is the one intended for DS 4.6+. 

Items intended for use with Poser DSON Importer will have a "Poser Companion file" installer as well including the files Poser needs to use the DSON files.

• Leana said:
    Items intended for use with Poser DSON Importer will have a "Poser Companion file" installer as well including the files Poser needs to use the DSON files.

Ah! Thank you.

• I found that V4 to G2 conversion works very well, but I had to stop converting V4 to G1 because there was so much foot and hand tearing — virtually every pose.   This is in DS 4.8.059.  Is there a solution?

I'd also like to suggest a couple of refinements in the input dialog:  There needs to be an "abort" button! If you see something going wrong, there is no way to stop.  Also, it would be nice if you could batch-select files to delete from the input queue.  Sometimes you don't want to convert everything in a huge folder — individual arm and leg poses, for instance.  You can delete a folder, but it only deletes the folder — not the files inside!

edited September 2015

Hi Guys. There will be an update on the scripts. We found some issues affecting the poses where it's slightly leaning to the side on the torso on G2 (abdomen 1 & 2 and chest) by a total value of 3 and -2 bend on G1. This affects all converted poses. This has been resolved in version 1.1. The difference is minor, and you don't have to reconvert if you don't want, but it does give more accurate results. Also, the only way to incorporate an abort option is to significantly slow down the conversion process by putting is a pause in between each pose conversion so it can register clicks when you want to close it. So yes technically you can get an abort option, but conversion times will take twice as long, and I don't think that will fly down well with those who do huge batch conversions.

foot and hand tearing

Foot tearing depends on how well the pose was made and if it was made within limits. With regards to hands, Handy Dandy resolves the hand issues. What I do is convert Handy Dandy as well and use the presets. The G1 to G2 presets works well for me. The hands are quite tricky and if we had to invest time in trying to solve that as well, the product price would have been increased and was kind of pointless when a good hand pose converter already exists.

Also, it would be nice if you could batch-select files to delete from the input queue.

Cannot be done via scripting at this stage unfortunately.

Thank you for your feedback and support.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • Hi Zev0.

If I buy your V4 to G2 and the G2 to G3 pose converters, will I ultimately be able to use V4 poses on G3?

• Hi Zev0.

If I buy your V4 to G2 and the G2 to G3 pose converters, will I ultimately be able to use V4 poses on G3?

Yes

• Hi Zev0.

Yes

Thank you :)

For those who are not aware, version 1.1 update is live. Sorry forgot to mention it.
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

Hi Zev0.

Yes

This is really awesome! Sometimes it's hard to keep track of what does what, as we're spanning the generations with all kinds of tools, but that really opens up a wide range of options. And thank you for the update to make things go smoother. It's good to know about Handy Dandy, I have that and will put it to good use.

• konkon Posts: 389

can anyone tell me why pose may convert upside down?