V4 Pose Converter for Genesis 1 & Genesis 2 Female (Commercial)

Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,039

Hi Guys. With the information we learned from doing the Genesis 2 to Genesis 3 Pose converter, we started on a V4 Pose Converter for Genesis1 and Genesis 2 Female.

So now all your V4 poses can be used. The results translate quite well from the initial tests, since the rigging isn't as drastic compared to the G2 to G3 differences. What's cool is once the V4 poses are now converted for Genesis 2 Female, you can convert those to Genesis 3 if you have the G2 to G3F Converter (since they are technically G2 poses now). Here is a test transfer. V4 on left, Genesis 2 Female on right. We will keep you posted on the progress.

Capture.JPG
1064 x 842 - 85K
Post edited by Cris Palomino on

Comments

• RedzRedz Posts: 1,459
    edited December 1969

Fantastic. I could definitely use this product. Will it work for M4 to G2M also? Or would that need to be a separate product? I have a number of V4/M4 couples pose sets that I would love to be able to use on the later generation characters. Thanks

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,039
    edited December 1969

Just V4 for now. Adding male support would push this product behind schedule. If we do decide to do for M4, it will be an add on or something. We need to get this one done first. :P

• RedzRedz Posts: 1,459
    edited December 1969

Thank you. This will still be an automatic buy for me and I hope you will consider an m4 version at some point :)

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,246
    edited July 2015

Oh, very nice. Yes, I can see this being very useful. There are a lot of gen4 pose sets sitting unused, mainly because of the hand and foot stretching that happens fairly often when taking the pose into the Genesis series. Yes, I know there are scripts to fix that, but still.

Will this work on specific things like hand poses? Those never would quite make the jump, and a lot of smart props came with hand poses.

Post edited by JOdel on
    edited July 2015

edited

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • DraagonStormDraagonStorm Posts: 748
    edited December 1969

JOdel said:
    Oh, very nice. Yes, I can see this being very useful. There are a lot of gen4 pose sets sitting unused, mainly because of the hand and foot stretching that happens fairly often when taking the pose into the Genesis series. Yes, I know there are scripts to fix that, but still.

Will this work on specific things like hand poses? Those never would quite make the jump, and a lot of smart props came with hand poses.

The script really has no way of knowing that a pose preset is for a specific area... Like hands or feet. When the conversion is done everything is saved (except for expressions/face). So in the case of, for example, hand poses... A zero pose is applied, then the original pose preset. Then the script does the adjustments and saves the pose.

• MBuschMBusch Posts: 547
    edited December 1969

Wow! This will be an instant buy for me.

• IppotamusIppotamus Posts: 1,578

Oh, love how the hands and feet transferred over.  Really nice.

This will definitely be one of those instant buys for me.  :)

• It's a fantastic news. It's a tool very needed, V4 to G2 and G1 to G2 were lost steps in pose conversion.

• Stop taking my money haha.  This is definitely awesome news and a MUCH needed utility.  Looking forward to it!

• blkcrow820blkcrow820 Posts: 68

Yes! You release more 'I can't live without it!' products then anybody! Not a complaint, a compliment. smiley

edited July 2015

Here are some promos.

Main.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 635K
    Popup_1.jpg
    1300 x 693 - 396K
    Popup_2.jpg
    1300 x 693 - 335K
    Popup_3.jpg
    1300 x 693 - 313K
    Popup_4.jpg
    1300 x 693 - 332K
    Popup_5.jpg
    1300 x 693 - 327K
    Popup_7.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 544K
    Post edited by Zev0 on
  • boisselazonboisselazon Posts: 458

V4 to G1 AND G2 that's great.

But, could you please enlighten us about the new created files:

1. are the newly created files (G1 or G2) integrated to the smart content?

2. some poses sets are great because you have separated poses for low and upper body etc...and you can combine them. Do the newly created files act the same way for the new target? (G1 or G2)?

keep up the great job you do!

edited July 2015

1. It's not possible to intergrate it via script unfortunately.

2. We just found out a way actually. It will be an additional option inside the scripts. So you can choose to do a normal conversion, or one with working partial poses. Reason it will be optional is because enabling partial bits in sets might slightly increase the conversion time.

Popup_1.jpg
    1300 x 693 - 422K
    Post edited by Zev0 on
  • MartyrdogMartyrdog Posts: 16

Okay so... that looks awesome (please take my money) Will there be a version for M4 is the question possibly already asked lol :)

We will review an M4 version. Will need to do a pose set count to see if it's viable.

• EsemwyEsemwy Posts: 577

Definite buy, and put my vote down for an M4/G2M addon. 

• boisselazonboisselazon Posts: 458

so, the real and only word here is

WHEN?

Hopefully before the month is over, or early next month. Product has already been submitted.

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,949

Will this use V4 pz2's or will it be nessessary to covert the poses to duf. before using this???

edited July 2015

It supports pz2, ds, dsb, dsa and duf. So it will read poses in those formats. So no need to convert it before hand.

Post edited by Zev0 on

Cool!!

edited July 2015

Ye we realized V4 Poses have been saved as many different formats through the ages while testing this thing lol.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,610

This looks cool. Thanks for making it.

Is it soup yet??

edited August 2015

I think in two weeks it will be out. There was no earlier release slot unfortunately:(

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • KristinFKristinF Posts: 35

Good heavens this is a wonderful tool!  I have made hundreds and hundreds of my own poses for V4 and when I switched to DS and G2F I thought I would have to wave goodbye to them :D

• Omega96Omega96 Posts: 5

This is pretty incredible. Does it apply to expressions as well?

edited August 2015

No. Just figure poses. Eg body posing. To include recognizing and translating expressions is another ball game.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,745
    edited August 2015
    Omega96 said:

This is pretty incredible. Does it apply to expressions as well?

Expressions for Gen 4 and up are morphs and can transferred using Dimension 3d's GenX2 http://www.daz3d.com/genesis-generation-x2 ;

Post edited by Cybersox on