V4 Pose Converter for Genesis 1 & Genesis 2 Female (Commercial)

Comments

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045
    edited December 2015
    Got a screenshot? Don't really understand what you mean.
    Post edited by Zev0 on
  • konkon Posts: 389
    Zev0 said:
    Got a screenshot? Don't really understand what you mean.

pose "Solo Victor F02" see upside down.

I converted to g3 after that and it is still upside down.

Screenshot (1).png
    1920 x 1080 - 524K
  • Can you load V4 and apply the original pose preset, and then post screen shots showing the parameters with first V4 selected, and then V4->hips selected.

how about this?

Screenshot (2).png
    1920 x 1080 - 558K
  • OK..

Notice zrotate for the hip is -356.54 (not good). Now we need to look at V4 base/body selected. All 'rotation and translation values are suppose to be zero, but I'm going to make a guess here and bet that the values are not zero.

The conversion for V4 to ? does not grab/save the translation or rotation at the body level. This is the standard for poses at Daz3D, unless specifically for a set and noted.

OK..

Notice zrotate for the hip is -356.54 (not good). Now we need to look at V4 base/body selected. All 'rotation and translation values are suppose to be zero, but I'm going to make a guess here and bet that the values are not zero.

The conversion for V4 to ? does not grab/save the translation or rotation at the body level. This is the standard for poses at Daz3D, unless specifically for a set and noted.

No clue what that means thanks anyway.
  • kon said:

OK..

Basically, it boils down to... There are issues with the original pose, and that is why the coverted version is upside down.

kon said:

OK..

Basically, it boils down to... There are issues with the original pose, and that is why the coverted version is upside down.

OK so real fix then?
  • mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

Actually, it is due to the fact that G3F has 'Use Limits' turned on for the hip rotation AND the limit is -180.  It hits the limit and doesn't rotate the other -176 degrees (and change).  If there are no other odd rotations anywhere, you can change the original rotation from -356.54 to 3.46 and still start in the same place...

...?
  • mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 2015
    kon said:
    ...?

G2F has the limits turned on.  That's what is stopping the converter from making the full -356.54 rotation. Changing the rotation in the original pose to 3.46 (-356.54 + 360 = 3.46) to keep the original position, but be within the limits.

Post edited by mjc1016 on

ok

• Hi, any chance to have a converting tool so i could use G3F poses on my G2F characters ?

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045

Hmmm....Will have to see if reverse engineering is even possible. What works one way doesn't always work the other way. We will do some tests and see...

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    edited January 2016

What is a good workflow for doing a mass convert of all my V4 poses to G1?  Although I have all the V4 poses categorized in a set of categories within the content library (and could easily move them all to a single content library category), they are spread out across maybe hundreds of different runtime folders on disk, some of which are probably products that have V4 poses mixed with poses for other figures.  I can of course simply pick a random pose in the content library, then convert that product, then one by one compare each pose's name to see if it's one of the V4 poses and move it... but that sort of negates the advantage of a batch converter.  I'm sure others have faced this situation and found better ways to reduce the workload.

Post edited by sriesch on
  • fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,074
    edited January 2016

I haven't used this for awhile, but IIRC you can continue to add folders to the batch and relocate them to a new root folder. The individual folders will retain their names.

Post edited by fastbike1 on
  • When I was testing, what I did was create a folder in the root folder of my drive, that I named V4Poses. Then I went thru all my poses for V4 and copied the pose folders into the folder I created...  Then selected the ..../People/Genesis/Poses folder for where to put the converted poses. And then selected the V4Poses folder in the root of my drive for the folder and subfolder to convert.

Ok, so I can just select the actual folder the poses are in, that's definitely easier, thanks.  (I originally selected the top level folder and it recreated the entire runtime structure and put the .duf pose files at the bottom where I had to move them.)

On the main window there is a checkbox option "include working partial poses".  What does this do, or when would I want to check it?

• Some poses are partial poses that may effect only the legs, or arms. If you want those poses to be converted so that only those are effected you need to check include working partial poses.

That makes sense.  Thanks!  This is going to be a very handy tool.

• miketeemiketee Posts: 58

Yes! This is going to be great! Put me on the going-to-buy list!

• wargiswargis Posts: 142

Doesn't anyone know how about the male version of this tool - is any M4 Pose Converter to Genesis or G2M planned? It would come extremely handy, M4 has many useful action poses which could serve Genesis figures as well. I know it may be done manually but as a very lazy person I would prefer such automatic tool, I think many other people would like it too.

I've been working my way through all my V4 poses, but for some reason while many others work fine so far, the product "A Curious Tea Poses" ( http://www.daz3d.com/a-curious-tea-poses )  refuses to convert.  No error messages, it just quick zips through the folder in a few seconds, says it's done, and doesn't create any files in the target folder.  Any guesses as to what's different about this product, or if there's a workaround?  Log file has:

DEBUG: --------------------------------
    DEBUG: C:/sean/3D graphics/objects/A Curious Tea Poses/Poses/DPCuriousTea/!Go to Chair1.dsa
    DEBUG: C:/sean/3D graphics/objects/A Curious Tea Poses/Poses/DPCuriousTea/!Go to Chair2.dsa

...bleah bleah bleah, lots of this same type of message, then ends with...

DEBUG: C:/sean/3D graphics/objects/A Curious Tea Poses/Poses/DPCuriousTea/Stool2_01V4M.dsa
    Script executed successfully: C:/sean/3D graphics/objects/V4 Pose Converter for Genesis and Genesis 2 Female(s)/Scripts/V4 to Genesis Pose Converter/V4 to Genesis Pose Converter.dse

• I don't have that pose set, and my computer is tied up for awhile. But my best guess is that if you open up one of the .dsa files that is not being processed and look for CONST G_STOOL_NAME = "POSE PRESET" you will not find that...  More then likely the G_STOOL_NAME is some thing else.

The script will only convert Pose Presets.

I don't have that pose set, and my computer is tied up for awhile. But my best guess is that if you open up one of the .dsa files that is not being processed and look for CONST G_STOOL_NAME = "POSE PRESET" you will not find that...  More then likely the G_STOOL_NAME is some thing else.

I looked at "C:\sean\3D graphics\objects\A Curious Tea Poses\Poses\DPCuriousTea\Stool2_01V4M.dsa" and the first three lines are as follows:

// DAZ Studio version 3.0  filetype Pose Preset

var g_sTOOL_NAME = "Pose Preset";

• DraagonStormDraagonStorm Posts: 748
    edited January 2016
    sriesch said:

I don't have that pose set, and my computer is tied up for awhile. But my best guess is that if you open up one of the .dsa files that is not being processed and look for CONST G_STOOL_NAME = "POSE PRESET" you will not find that...  More then likely the G_STOOL_NAME is some thing else.

I looked at "C:\sean\3D graphics\objects\A Curious Tea Poses\Poses\DPCuriousTea\Stool2_01V4M.dsa" and the first three lines are as follows:

The word var instead of the word Const is what's messing it up, and why it's not converting the pose.

I'll take a look and see if I can do something about that.. But it may be awhile before I can get to it.

Post edited by DraagonStorm on
    sriesch said:

The word var instead of the word Const is what's messing it up, and why it's not converting the pose.

I'll take a look and see if I can do something about that.. But it may be awhile before I can get to it.

Ok, no worries, thanks!

• const would be Daz Script 1 - Daz Script 2 (DS 3+) doesn't have const as a valid declaration so it won't be in any script saved from DS3 (or early DS4, before .duf).

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,306
    wargis said:

Doesn't anyone know how about the male version of this tool - is any M4 Pose Converter to Genesis or G2M planned? It would come extremely handy, M4 has many useful action poses which could serve Genesis figures as well. I know it may be done manually but as a very lazy person I would prefer such automatic tool, I think many other people would like it too.

I have used the this script to convert M4 poses, and it works just fine. The final poses will need some tweaking, but then so do the V4 ones.

• gregbogregbo Posts: 39

Hi, any chance to have a converting tool so i could use G3F poses on my G2F characters ?

+1 +1 +1 +1 +1