MEC4D's celebration ( with freebies ) [commercial]

Comments

• MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,249
    edited September 2020

This week is MEC4D's 22nd Birthday celebration , I really hope I am in time with the freebie that I am working on . 

Time passes so fast .. nostalgia lurking outside my windows 

what you was busy with 22 years ago ?  what program you used at the time .

I tried to learn Maya, but was difficult as I did not speak one English word lol but managed to work around Poser as well without knowing what I am doing .. 

Post edited by MEC4D on
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,142
    DanaTA said:
    RAMWolff said:

I'm in the poor house these days so what I have in the way of video card will have to do for now! 

Same for me.  I've had the same card for a while.  A GeForce 9500 GT.

Dana

I have a GTX 2070, it does what it's supposed to so I'm good!  

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,063

22 years ago, I was busy at work at COMDEX, developing the software that ran the business, on a team.  So busy, that I didn't have time for such a hobby.  80 miles round trip commute.  Traffic that often became a parking lot.  A good commute was about an hour one way.  When I got home, I had supper, watched a little TV, and then went to bed.  I didn't really start getting involved in 3D until 2007.

Dana

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

22 years ago, a rig that could handle any 3D program was beyond my reach. I loved what was happening with computer graphics and 3D, but it was only late 2014 when I realized my (then) latest computer was powerful enough to run Daz Studio. Barely. (It's been all downhill since! Savings? What's that?)

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,514

...granged, I satil lhave my Titan-X so I'm good for now, however 24 GB of VRAM ...granted, I still have my Titan-X so I'm good for now, however 24 GB of VRAM that doesn't cost 5,000USD still sounds so delicious. 

DanaTA said:

22 years ago, I was busy at work at COMDEX, developing the software that ran the business, on a team.  So busy, that I didn't have time for such a hobby.  80 miles round trip commute.  Traffic that often became a parking lot.  A good commute was about an hour one way.  When I got home, I had supper, watched a little TV, and then went to bed.  I didn't really start getting involved in 3D until 2007.

Dana

..that was my life at m old company,  however, the average commute time each way was something like 2hrs 20 mins so I was from home and with the average commute time each way was something I was away home for about 13 hours a day.

22 years ago there was not much of a choice to have a super rig , my first digital camera had resolution of 320 pixels .. that was WOW since you don't need a film but the quality was horrible 

This year DAZ celebrate 20 years since it was created as well by the original crew. 

Time flies like a stream, that never flows away ....as everything seems like yesterday

L'Adair said:

22 years ago, a rig that could handle any 3D program was beyond my reach. I loved what was happening with computer graphics and 3D, but it was only late 2014 when I realized my (then) latest computer was powerful enough to run Daz Studio. Barely. (It's been all downhill since! Savings? What's that?)

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,942
    MEC4D said:

Time flies like a stream, that never flows away ....as everything seems like yesterday

Time flies like an arrow

Fruit flies like a banana cheeky 

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,024
    SimonJM said:
    MEC4D said:

Time flies like an arrow

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside a dog, it's too dark to read.

When I heard this one for the first time it was very funny .. that why people speaking English have to explain themselves so much  so everyone gets exactly what they meant by ? lol

SimonJM said:
    MEC4D said:

Time flies like an arrow

I never heard this one before .. nice ! 

Gordig said:
    SimonJM said:
    MEC4D said:

Time flies like an arrow

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside a dog, it's too dark to read.

I am on a seafood diet,

I see food and I eat it cheeky

MEC4D said:

I am on a seafood diet,

I see food and I eat it cheeky

..+1

MEC4D said:

22 years ago there was not much of a choice to have a super rig , my first digital camera had resolution of 320 pixels .. that was WOW since you don't need a film but the quality was horrible 

This year DAZ celebrate 20 years since it was created as well by the original crew. 

L'Adair said:

...hmm, wonder if they'll have a big anniversary sale.

I think they just finished today with the big sales .. 

20 years of DAZ3D and nothing ? hmm... maybe they forgot . 

This mean Michael and Victoria can finally posing in a bar scenes , they become 21 

kyoto kid said:
    MEC4D said:

L'Adair said:

...actually they extended the PA sale another week.  Just got an email about that this morning.  For myself the" Big Sale" is still forthcoming, the PC+ Anniversary Sale. I generally score pretty well on that one, particularly with the "PC+ For A Day" offers. 

Good deals indeed !  as they always say

"shopping is cheaper than a psychiatrist " cheeky

kyoto kid said:

...actually they extended the PA sale another week.  Just got an email about that this morning.  For myself the" Big Sale" is still forthcoming, the PC+ Anniversary Sale. I generally score pretty well on that one, particularly with the "PC+ For A Day" offers. 

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    kyoto kid said:
    MEC4D said:

L'Adair said:

There were a number of 20th Anniversary themed daily sales early in the year.

I remember commenting on it, and asking if these specials were going to be all year long. I think that was in the Sales thread.

So maybe they do it early 

L'Adair said:
    kyoto kid said:
    MEC4D said:

L'Adair said:

There were a number of 20th Anniversary themed daily sales early in the year.

I remember commenting on it, and asking if these specials were going to be all year long. I think that was in the Sales thread.

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,942
    Gordig said:
    SimonJM said:
    MEC4D said:

Time flies like an arrow

Oh I like that, I may have to borrow it!

• SimonJM said:
    Gordig said:
    SimonJM said:
    MEC4D said:

Time flies like an arrow

Make sure to credit Groucho Marx.

SimonJM said:
    Gordig said:
    SimonJM said:
    MEC4D said:

Time flies like an arrow

Make sure to credit Groucho Marx.

...+1

"Now that'w the most ridiculous thing I ever heard of"

• DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,621
    MEC4D said:

Wow, I was like I can't even remember if I was doing 3D art at the time. So I went and looked at my Rendo gallery and sure enough I was.  Using Poser and also doing different graphics in Paintshop Pro. I also had Photshop but I found it harder to use then PSP.  My husband and I were driving an 18 wheeler around the country. 

Same, also used Paintshop Pro and also Painter , I had Photoshop but did not learned yet enough to use it often .

that was good times 

Daventaki said:
    MEC4D said:

Wow, I was like I can't even remember if I was doing 3D art at the time. So I went and looked at my Rendo gallery and sure enough I was.  Using Poser and also doing different graphics in Paintshop Pro. I also had Photshop but I found it harder to use then PSP.  My husband and I were driving an 18 wheeler around the country. 

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,711

I had an Atari and played games and used freeware on floppy disc

edited October 2020

I was on Pentium 2 messing up with the Dork and Posette  wink one day you planned the render and next day you render it all day long lol and when was done you realized the hair was wrong and then you render again all night long lol

I had an Atari and played games and used freeware on floppy disc

Post edited by MEC4D on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,711
    edited October 2020

it was an Atari ST and the only computer I had ever owned, I never had internet or anything just bought magazines and games.

I did however actually have a 3D modeler program on it!

until 2008 I was given a Windows 98 one after not having any computer for at least 10 years! Found DAZ 2009.

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
    edited October 2020

...I remember messing  around with PS3 on my old Pentium III™ system.  Before that it was working with Pixel Paint™ on a colour Macintosh II™ "(with a "whopping" 40 MB HDD and 24 bit colour) at a college I attended.  That was my first serious foray into digital art as we know it today,

Post edited by kyoto kid on

Look how far we moved with technology in the 22 years , now I am thinking what man kind was doing in the last 10.000 years ?  now go imagine the next 10K years.. if we even still around ..

When I said in 1998 that in the future we will just load stuff and render instantly , people told me, nice fantasy I have .. today I saw benchmark with 2 x 3090, 500 FPS,  for gamers not really worth the money,  for graphic designers a heaven ! but then you load more stuff to the scene, pushing it and the render time decline automatically as well, so there is a virtually never enough speed .. but would be nice 

kyoto kid said:

...I remember messing  around with PS3 on my old Pentium III™ system.  Before that it was working with Pixel Paint™ on a colour Macintosh II™ "(with a "whopping" 40 MB HDD and 24 bit colour) at a college I attended.  That was my first serious foray into digital art as we know it today,

• MEC4D said:

Look how far we moved with technology in the 22 years , now I am thinking what man kind was doing in the last 10.000 years ?  now go imagine the next 10K years.. if we even still around ..

When I said in 1998 that in the future we will just load stuff and render instantly , people told me, nice fantasy I have .. today I saw benchmark with 2 x 3090, 500 FPS,  for gamers not really worth the money,  for graphic designers a heaven ! but then you load more stuff to the scene, pushing it and the render time decline automatically as well, so there is a virtually never enough speed .. but would be nice

I'm sure you didn't think in 1998 that you would be creating content like which you are doing now.