Website Improvements and Updates Incoming

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,155

When people post to threads I have starred, I do not get an email anymore.

• barbult said:

I'm seeing that too. Come to think of it, I haven't gotten any such emails in a while.

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,063

TheMysteryIsThePoint said:

barbult said:

I'm seeing that too. Come to think of it, I haven't gotten any such emails in a while.

Count me in as well. Last email was November 12 at 20:04.

• Yes, the email notifications are a known issue.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,576

...been getting a situation where the text of a post will remain in the edit window after I already submitted them which then ends up as unsubmitted drafts that I have to delete. 

• robertswwwrobertswww Posts: 763
    edited November 2021

Cool new improvement added to the Daz Shop today... Added to your Cart pop-up...

Added-to-Cart_Pop-Up.PNG
    634 x 741 - 273K
    Post edited by robertswww on
  • Is the Gift Card/Store Credit situation on the Account page going to be fixed? Last time I tried, Gift Card didn't do anything and you had go thru the Not Intuitive process of selecting Store Credit to redeem your card.

• And what about adding some of the really helpful features of DAZ-deals? One that I really like is showing which items in a bundle I already own at a glance. In default DAZ, I have to check each product's listing to see the status.

• marblemarble Posts: 7,449
    edited November 2021

Please DAZ, do something about this (ongoing for years, nothing done) ...

bad.jpg
    932 x 500 - 34K
    Post edited by marble on
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,123

Yes, it is really annoying and the only site I ever see this - and all the time, besides. The only difference to marble's picture above is that instead of Sidney there is Zurich.

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,802

Daz site is now slower than Renderosity .... and that is slooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow  no

Horo said:

Yes, it is really annoying and the only site I ever see this - and all the time, besides. The only difference to marble's picture above is that instead of Sidney there is Zurich.

...mine have Seattle.

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

I get the same thing. Prices in the pop up don't reflect the actual prices when I go to cart. Tripped me up the first couple of times.  

NorthOf45 said:

Daz_Jessica said:

xyer0 said:

@Daz_Jessica Thanks for the response. The prices are not the same on the pop-up and cart: The pop-up does not have the accrued discounts or correct total like the cart does. Please see attachments.

Can you send this into customer service, it seems specific to your machine so we're trying to get to the bottom of it. 

I get that, too, since it came out. MS-Edge, Win10.

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

Yep, happens to me too. No email notifications at all.  

Richard Haseltine said:

Yes, the email notifications are a known issue.

• NylonGirlNylonGirl Posts: 1,501

kyoto kid said:

...been getting a situation where the text of a post will remain in the edit window after I already submitted them which then ends up as unsubmitted drafts that I have to delete. 

It's possible to delete something saved as a draft? Is it possible to have it not be saved in the first place? 

NylonGirl said:

kyoto kid said:

It's possible to delete something saved as a draft? Is it possible to have it not be saved in the first place? 

You have to go back to the subforum in which you posted (as in Commons, etc.) and click on the little gear icon (top right). You should (though not always for some reason) have a Draft highlighted which you can click and delete.

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,163

marble said:

NylonGirl said:

kyoto kid said:

You have to go back to the subforum in which you posted (as in Commons, etc.) and click on the little gear icon (top right). You should (though not always for some reason) have a Draft highlighted which you can click and delete.

You don't have to go into the subforum. Your drafts should be accessible from anywhere on the forum, regardless of where you were going to post it. 

edited November 2021

Gordig said:

marble said:

NylonGirl said:

kyoto kid said:

You don't have to go into the subforum. Your drafts should be accessible from anywhere on the forum, regardless of where you were going to post it. 

Well that's odd because I just started this reply, saved as a draft and tried to see it  in my drop down settings. Not there. But I could see it when I stepped back to the subforum. 

[EDIT] Oh I see what you mean ... I can see the draft from other subforums too. Yes - I just confirmed that too.

Post edited by marble on
  • GordigGordig Posts: 9,163

marble said:

Gordig said:

marble said:

NylonGirl said:

kyoto kid said:

Well that's odd because I just started this reply, saved as a draft and tried to see it  in my drop down settings. Not there. But I could see it when I stepped back to the subforum. 

I just opened my drafts from within this thread, and I can see a reply I started typing to a thread in Art Studio, and a thread I was going to start in Tech Help. 

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,250

You can just refresh the page you are on before saving anything, and the "My Drafts" selection will be available for you.

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,005
    edited November 2021

The funest part is writing something and having the forums choke and losing the whole draft... that mostly happens with replies, but it happens with regular posts too lately, which is pretty annoying... to be honest, I don't even think the forums autosave reply drafts anymore.

Its getting that if it's more than two or three sentences, it's not worth trusting the forums with it... just write it in notepad or something text editor and copy/paste it.

Post edited by McGyver on

We've been waiting 17 days to get the forum notifications fixed. We no longer get email when someone posts. We were told that it is a known issue. How about a status update on that? Is it going to be fixed or has that feature been dropped as part of the "website improvements"?

• well the bug report on the logouts, a video has been requested... which is on hold, cos I'm on "emergency" internet, and uploading a vid is beyond it without a time out.

tho, it'll only show me logged in (person in corner green), me clicking the link for "forum"... the person in the corner turning white. and the forum showing the forum headers...and then flicking to "just logging you out"....and showing the forum headers when logged out.

how much use can that be?

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140

Khai-J-Bach said:

well the bug report on the logouts, a video has been requested... which is on hold, cos I'm on "emergency" internet, and uploading a vid is beyond it without a time out.

tho, it'll only show me logged in (person in corner green), me clicking the link for "forum"... the person in the corner turning white. and the forum showing the forum headers...and then flicking to "just logging you out"....and showing the forum headers when logged out.

how much use can that be?

Was doing that to me last week. And it was a SITE issue because it did it no matter what browser I was using (and I tried several). 

• oh and... I've.not.changed.browser. and this. happens. on. every.visit.each.day.

*enhanncement for those that will a: say don't change browser (testing over, staying on one.) and b: how often do you visit.

• There is no website "improvement" that I wanted more than site notifications. Honestly, in the context of Daz, I don't know which word is scarier, "updates" or "documentation".

No improvement here. I still get frequent Bad Gateway and other server errors. Forum notifications have been gone for 18 days. Stupid cart preview pops up interrupting shopping and has wrong prices shown besides. no

Bad Gateway Again.jpg
    1005 x 666 - 54K
  • AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140

barbult said:

No improvement here. I still get frequent Bad Gateway and other server errors. Forum notifications have been gone for 18 days. Stupid cart preview pops up interrupting shopping and has wrong prices shown besides. no

Yep, I got a bad gateway error today and many replies on a bookmarked thread and got zero emails ;). Sorry Daz_Rawb. 

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

barbult said:

+1

edited November 2021

McGyver said:

The funest part is writing something and having the forums choke and losing the whole draft... that mostly happens with replies, but it happens with regular posts too lately, which is pretty annoying... to be honest, I don't even think the forums autosave reply drafts anymore.

Its getting that if it's more than two or three sentences, it's not worth trusting the forums with it... just write it in notepad or something text editor and copy/paste it.

...I do so in MS Word as I am dyslexic and this depend on a spelling checker.. the one the dorums use is rubbish.

AllenArt said:

barbult said:

No improvement here. I still get frequent Bad Gateway and other server errors. Forum notifications have been gone for 18 days. Stupid cart preview pops up interrupting shopping and has wrong prices shown besides. no

Yep, I got a bad gateway error today and many replies on a bookmarked thread and got zero emails ;). Sorry Daz_Rawb. 

...the other day I had, three back to back to back. 

Post edited by kyoto kid on