Website Improvements and Updates Incoming

Comments

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,560

...really hoping this "new development" doesn't again foul up the forthcoming PC+ Anniversary Sale like last year and in years past.  Seems they tend to pick this time of year to do site renovations that often result in all sorts of grief.

For many of us this has become a primary sale event thanks to how other sales have changed in recent years  (such as the bundle requirement instead of a single "new release" purchase to unlock discounts and special offers during the PA sale).

• Along with the shop's current drop-down menus (Artist, Genre, Figure, and Software), I'd like to see drop-downs for categories (and subcategories), and year of release (or SKU band if that's easier). When the day's featured artists' items run into the thousands I need a little help in focusing on the things that I'm most interested in.

It would also be nice if the Software drop-down included the intended render engines: 3Delight, Iray, Filament, or whatever may come down the road. 

Another shop drop-down idea would be to have a list of all of the current sales, from today's featured artists down to the FastGrab Sale and the Weekly Freebies. The header of each page could include that sale's rules, the same as there is now for FastGrab. While there are already ways to access this information, having multiple routes to information can be very helpful.

I would also like if each product's page included links to any sales in which the product might currently be involved. That would be nice.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,922
    edited September 2021

I would like 2-factor authentication in the browser, DAZ Studio, DAZ Central, & DIM as a simple matter of standard modern customer account protection. I liked the cart changes I saw today but it's still very slow site.

+++++

LOL, and as if on queue at the publishing of my request, because the criminals are on queue and at the command of their bosses, I get an email telling me that someone is trying to break into another account of mine (but can't because it's 2 factor authenticated and locked and the email was just dumb Port 25 Telnet spam style nonsense). 

I am asking this for other customers of DAZ 3D as they might be more upset or have much more damage done by such criminals than I am bothered by them.

Post edited by nonesuch00 on
  • NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,204
    edited September 2021

Okay, what happened to the fonts? White-on-white is a tad difficult to see... (I changed the font color for this message)

Post edited by NorthOf45 on
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,414

NorthOf45 said:

Okay, what happened to the fonts? White-on-white is a tad difficult to see... (I changed the font color for this message)

There's no complaints anymore  cheeky

• DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,646

I agree I thought I was visiting CONTROL

• CHWTCHWT Posts: 1,138
    Wow, putting a single item into the cart and I can only see the checkout button… where is the continue shopping button? (Or is DAZ encouraging me to buy just one item?)
  • Nearly grabbed a set of snow goggles, as the white text blended in so well with the background!
  • Oddly, the stickey threads seem OK. We are reprting the issues.

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,059

On the new "Your order was successful!" page - the "view invoice" link is for the print option and the "print " link is actually the view invoice.

• DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,646

Now I see the messages. Black is back!

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,131

I really want to get rid of that huge banner at the bottom of the page that often obscures parts of the page, making it impossible to read or interact with the information on the page.

Horrible blocking black banner.jpg
    1283 x 796 - 96K
  • MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,131

barbult said:

I really want to get rid of that huge banner at the bottom of the page that often obscures parts of the page, making it impossible to read or interact with the information on the page.

+1 to that!

It's really annoying when it obscures the Artists list drop-down so having clicked on one you can't see it to unclick it.

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,735

Please fix this: On mobile devices the sales banner switches too fast and it’s like some kind of mobile game to click it fast enough to get to the right sale page. It’s SO ANNOYING, I always end up going to the previous day’s sale, have to click the back button and try again. Whenever there are details in small print, it’s impossible to read it in time before the next banner pops up. Please stop the scrolling altogether and let us just click through. 

Also, please check the day’s sales on mobile devices. They are often really messed up. The site needs to be more mobile friendly! 

• Roman_K2Roman_K2 Posts: 1,206

Wonderland said:

The site needs to be more mobile friendly! 

Hmmmm. You mean like a cell phone, 1080 x 1920 pixels or similar on the vertical right?  I THINK it is ok on tablets that are... 2000 x 1200 pixels on the horizontal.

What I am getting with many... newspaper and archival (sort of) web pages is absolutely bizarre font sizes. As in: I think the New York Times and Washington Post web pages more or less deliver a fairly small range of text by default, and you can adjust things from there to suit, assuming you have full vision (as opposed to low vision). Very hard to serve everybody! But then if I choose something at random, like (say) archived copies of Gloria Steinem's original exposé article in SHOW magazine the font size is all over the place from the get-go... I'm talking like twenty English words and then most people would have to swipe or scroll again. And again. And again.

So I'm starting to think that folks are guessing wildly as to what a default UX for each of devices X, Y, and Z ought to be.

For people who want to experiment locally (eg. make a page and then see what it looks like) I suggest "Rocketcake" and similar "responsive web" editors, and hosting services that allow you to have multiple experimental domains.

• FrinkkyFrinkky Posts: 388

Wonderland said:

Please fix this: On mobile devices the sales banner switches too fast and it’s like some kind of mobile game to click it fast enough to get to the right sale page. It’s SO ANNOYING, I always end up going to the previous day’s sale, have to click the back button and try again. Whenever there are details in small print, it’s impossible to read it in time before the next banner pops up. Please stop the scrolling altogether and let us just click through. 

Also, please check the day’s sales on mobile devices. They are often really messed up. The site needs to be more mobile friendly! 

Automatic animated banners should have been drowned at birth. At the very least there needs to be a pause/stop button and better controls for mobile devices to go back and forth if you really must have an animated banner. UX, people, it's been the watchword for well over a decade.

I've mentioned this in the sale problems thread, but it might be worth mentioning here, too. Filtering the main shop for DAZ Originals returns a severely limited selection, 3800 or so of a more likely 16000 items. Looking into the published artists of said items, it appears that only those that are purely "Daz Originals" with no other listed contributing PA's are being displayed. Not sure if that is intended or not. It also does the same in my Wishlist, and in any promotion with a limited number of PA's, like Featured Artists. Even in lists of exclusively Daz Original content, the Daz Originals filter only returns a few items, but they're all Daz Originals.

So, is this Daz Originals filter status going to be permanent? Because as it is now, it is pretty damn useless. Having all DO's on their own page doesn't really make up for it, I don't want to have to hunt through scores of pages looking for deals or items of interest. Can't use that filter anywhere it would be useful.

• I don't know if this has been mentioned or not, but when I am on the blue bar, and I have my mouse just above the text in that blue bar, but not on the bar above it, I am taken to the respective section above. For example, let's say I want to go back to the general section of the forums.  If I don't have my mouse cursor on that word, but just above it (but still in the blue field), I am taken back to the "shop" portion of the site.

While not a huge deal,, I can always go back, it's just annoying, as I then I have to find the thread I was reading.

Capture.JPG
    766 x 105 - 22K
  • shg0816_13461e8196 said:

I don't know if this has been mentioned or not, but when I am on the blue bar, and I have my mouse just above the text in that blue bar, but not on the bar above it, I am taken to the respective section above. For example, let's say I want to go back to the general section of the forums.  If I don't have my mouse cursor on that word, but just above it (but still in the blue field), I am taken back to the "shop" portion of the site.

While not a huge deal,, I can always go back, it's just annoying, as I then I have to find the thread I was reading.

Yes, it has been reported.

• N00b4EverN00b4Ever Posts: 286

Good day/evening all,

I have few suggestions for site improvements:

1. add the abilty to filter by category the items within a given sale/deal. The current options are very limited.

2. add filter for iray/3delight content... almost anything new comes with iray or both, but some older contents are not clear, at least to me. I use only iray

3. make filters to work both ways, inclusive or exclusive.

4. if you own a Pro bundle, remove the starter bundle or mark it as owned as well.

5. ability to remove multiple items from the cart at once

6. I already have the DAZ Deals browser extension (extremely useful), but I think it would be better to have this implemented rather than depending on third party extensions... at the bare minimum filter by wishlist and the price history

7. Although I've seen some improvements, it would be great to always specify when a coupon has a single use or multiple uses

8. be clear about the longevity of all sales, not just the flash sales

9. add a live time countdown for when sales expire... this is useful for those of us who live in different time zones. I feel my brain cells dying a little eveytime I need to convert between here and there.

10. last but not least... add 50% off gift cards...smileylaughcheekyangeldevil... i know i know... wishful thinking.

Cheers.

• sunnyjeisunnyjei Posts: 497
    edited October 2021

I don't know when the sale expiration timer started in the cart but THANK YOU. I have missed so many in the past because I didn't know the time it would end and got caught in the middle of it ending this plus the ending time on the promo itself is a great addition.

Post edited by sunnyjei on
  • Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,312

sunnyjei said:

I don't know when the sale expiration timer started in the cart but THANK YOU. I have missed so many in the past because I didn't know the time it would end and got caught in the middle of it ending this plus the ending time on the promo itself is a great addition.

+1

Looks like it kicks in about an hour before the end of the sale. Nice feature. Thanks, DAZ. 

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

I second (or third, fourth) you need to fix the going back to the page you were on, which instead takes you back to the FIRST page of the shopping gallery. Am so tired of opening new windows when I click a product. 

Second, I too am being signed out repeatedly from the store.

Third, it was interesting when I went to the cart, the use the store credit option was automatically checked. Not sure if I like that, but it at least tells you there's store credit. 

• So far, I like the updates that I'm seeing and I think that a lot of what people are saying makes a lot of sense. 

I do love the new checkout screen, it looks spectacular! My only suggestion is that if you've got a lot of items in your cart, when you scroll down, the price for order total doesn't move along with you, so you have to scoll back to the top. Maybe make it move so that it stays in the center of the screen?

Second, an actual gripe that I've been meaning to say something about --- I don't know if it bother sanyone else, but I have a burning frustration for the whole textures idea in the store. I can't stand when I'm search for new clothes or new hairstyles, etc, and I see literally HUNDREDS of textures before I see any of the hair styles. It would be so nice if we had a button that removed the textures from the search considering that you can't use the textures without the actual product. 

That is all, otherwise, keep up the good work! 

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,414

Textures, shaders and poses...

• N00b4EverN00b4Ever Posts: 286

Gemini Queen said:

So far, I like the updates that I'm seeing and I think that a lot of what people are saying makes a lot of sense. 

I do love the new checkout screen, it looks spectacular! My only suggestion is that if you've got a lot of items in your cart, when you scroll down, the price for order total doesn't move along with you, so you have to scoll back to the top. Maybe make it move so that it stays in the center of the screen?

Second, an actual gripe that I've been meaning to say something about --- I don't know if it bother sanyone else, but I have a burning frustration for the whole textures idea in the store. I can't stand when I'm search for new clothes or new hairstyles, etc, and I see literally HUNDREDS of textures before I see any of the hair styles. It would be so nice if we had a button that removed the textures from the search considering that you can't use the textures without the actual product. 

That is all, otherwise, keep up the good work! 

Yup, you're not alone on your gripe... that's my request #3 in my post, few posts above yours. 

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,794

finally, I can get the DIM protocol to open after purchasing stuff from the webpage yes

no more minimising Chrome and finding my DIM shortcut in my sea of icons laugh

• I for one would like a archive of lost PA's or items so we can always see what we are missing now the items are gone. Like the "other site" has, as they keep the old stuff accessible but not available to buy. I think it is a shame how if a PA leaves Daz they just delete all access to the original pages those artists had. The Documentation Center doesn't count, as they only ever linked back to the store, where obviously they're no longer available to look at. If we could have this, I would be happy.

• come to site.

navigate past store to forum.

"hang on, we're just signing you out".

I know I've complained before. BUT FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THATS UNHOLY....WHY????

I can stay logged into Amazon for YEARS

I can stay logged into Youtube for YEARS

I can stay logged into Netflix for YEARS

.... and don't say security. it's not security. it's a BUG. please FIX IT.