Website Improvements and Updates Incoming

Comments

• sunnyjeisunnyjei Posts: 497

The new changes stripped away the ability to search by favorites (not sure why this isn't a Daz site default option), the page no longer loading from the top means I have to scroll back up (even clunkier on my smaller screen phone), the thumbnail and text icons are aligned strangely, and even the filters (sort by newest, most popular, etc) seems to be broken (gen 3/2 items loading before gen 8). These new changes make it more difficult to use and shop the Daz store, not easier or better. I don't know if these changes were done on purpose or Daz is still ironing out the kinks but it would be great if the filters, favorites, and decent search options got fixed or reverted back.

• TogireTogire Posts: 402

There are two problems with the new design, IMO.

1/ one fourth of the screen is permanently eaten by the upper left menu. Once you  scroll it means a lot of useless white space on your screen and less possibility to see items side-by-side

2/ more annoying, a useful feature of the previous page has disappeared. If you have a large number of artists, it is no longer possble to find some of them by searching with some letters and you have to scroll all the way down to find them. To be honest, with the old design, when the number of artists was important, it was frequently impossible to find the lowest ones. So the scrollbar is an improvement, but  I miss the possibility to search on some names.

• Joe2018Joe2018 Posts: 238

I would prefer to have a option to switch to the old design. It is much more comfortable on a PC. As said above.

• AbyssalErosAbyssalEros Posts: 289
    edited December 2021

maikdecker said:

I somehow don't see this...

as an improvement for my shopping experience.

Changing the design into something smartphone compatible doesn't really work well with PC users...

Guys, you all use the store wrong.
    Here is how to do it right.
    Log into metaverse with your freaking NFT avatar, plug your techy NFT mobile out of your new NFT baggy pants and shop there, and do not forget to pay with ETH.

Ah, and nearly forgotten, better not use a female or female looking non-binary avatar, or all the male kiddos will try to sex you up and ruin your shopping experience.

Post edited by AbyssalEros on
  • jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

See, this is what I'm not liking. It really feels like this is the way Daz is heading. Away from the quality 3d products for art, and more and more into this freakin' stupid awful NFT thing. Is there a time coming when daz will be no more, and will just sell "avatars" and rubbish like that?  

AbyssalEros said:

Log into metaverse with your freaking NFT avatar, plug your techy NFT mobile out of your new NFT baggy pants and shop there, and do not forget to pay with ETH.

• twallingtwalling Posts: 241

Has anybody mentioned that the store looks terrible on a desktop?

Because the store looks terrible.

• Anyway, back on topic.
    I do not get why they optimize the site for mobiles at all.
    You need a desktop PC to use the DAZ Studio software, and for me, this implies that the majority here are also using their desktop PCs for shopping.
    Personally, I only used my mobile in the past to grab the freebies when I was on vacation.
    Doing all this optimization for mobile devices seems a bit off the actual customers unless they intend to eventually pull in a different creed of customers

• GreeboGreebo Posts: 160

Just when you thought it was safe to go back into the store... This train wreck.

• Ghosty12Ghosty12 Posts: 1,983
    edited December 2021

Greebo said:

Just when you thought it was safe to go back into the store... This train wreck.

Pretty much, I just can't understand this need to keep changing things to the point where things end up being worse, what with the removal of important functionality, such as the search option of the artist filter on the main shop page..  At the rate things look to be going there will be no site left, as it will probably end up all on Discord.. All this seems a strange thing to do, when other 3D content sites have hardly needed to change their sites for years..

Post edited by Ghosty12 on
  • twalling said:

Has anybody mentioned that the store looks terrible on a desktop?

Because the store looks terrible.

Yea, this looks like a mobile site. The sidebar is a terrible choice, there's so much whitespace, and it's just not an attractive design. It feels very dated.

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,457

we need to send in tickets .. or is that busted too?

• maraichmaraich Posts: 491

Perhaps in the future, they should allow people to log into a BETA site to get feedback before going live. My bank allowed us to use either or for a couple of months while they got feedback about their customer's usage experience.

In the meantime, my DAZ-Deals add-on doesn't seem to work anymore and that saved me a lot of scrolling. Or was that DAZ's true plan all along? Force me to look through all of the stuff I didn't wish list in the hopes they can change my mind?

• Desktop site improvements are not very good.  It's a shame I don't have a touchscreen display as I would be able to doodle in the whitespace!!! (4k display)

dafter.png
    3830 x 2015 - 2M
  • lou_harperlou_harper Posts: 1,076

I just want to be able to filter Wishlist Only / Hide Items Owned. You know, like it used to be.

• And a UI that does not provide eye cancer.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,428
    edited December 2021

daveso said:

No, it's not busted. That is the way to communicate your concerns with Daz about anything. They don't typically look at the forums. That is why we consistently say to put in tickets with your problems if they can't be answered on the forums. Raising concerns in a thread rarely does anything and will rarely fix anything. 

Post edited by frank0314 on
  • RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,808

I'm pretty tolerant of changes but I'm not shopping today and likely not much in the near future if this design change persists. Too hard to do and not worth the effort. As already pointed out, wasted space on a PC, loading at the bottom, wiped out Daz deals functionality makes going through pages of products slow and painful.  

• Top of every forum page has this "optimized " look on iphones since the switchover. 

E3D8A6F8-DA55-4613-BB7F-2B7E81C742E1.png
    1284 x 2778 - 592K
  • felisfelis Posts: 3,721

I have never browsed using my phone.

So I just tried, and for sure that is never going to happen.

been for awhile, but the deal when you are on page 35 after scrolling through, look at a product, click back and you end up on page ONE !!!  That is more than frustrating. 

yeah - scrolling through the huge list of PAs is an attempt in futility. put the search box back in there. 

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,593
    edited December 2021

...when I first learned programming in college ages ago, the rule was always "top down" not "bottoms up".  The latter only applied at the pubs we went to after classes were done for the day.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • Tickets are the way to report specific issues (not oen ticket with a bunch of issues) as they can be tracked and counted. While it may well be that someone will look through this thread it isn't in a form that lends itself to systematic logging - though discussing issues here is a good way to build up a more comprehensive picture before reporting.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,593

AbyssalEros said:

Anyway, back on topic.
    I do not get why they optimize the site for mobiles at all.
    You need a desktop PC to use the DAZ Studio software, and for me, this implies that the majority here are also using their desktop PCs for shopping.
    Personally, I only used my mobile in the past to grab the freebies when I was on vacation.
    Doing all this optimization for mobile devices seems a bit off the actual customers unless they intend to eventually pull in a different creed of customers

....Microsoft took the same approach with the W8 UI and it flopped, Sadly they stayed the same concept for W10's desktop. 

Using a phone for an online purchase is playing with fire as I've been reading more and more reports about the vulnerability smartphones have when it comes to hacking and malware . I never ever make a purchase on my phone as it doesn't have the same level of protection as my desktops do..  

edited December 2021

frank0314 said:

daveso said:

No, it's not busted. That is the way to communicate your concerns with Daz about anything. They don't typically look at the forums. That is why we consistently say to put in tickets with your problems if they can't be answered on the forums. Raising concerns in a thread rarely does anything and will rarely fix anything. 

OK .. I put in a ticket. The response will be interesting The thing is, what talks ... revenue? 

Post edited by daveso on
  • Just filed a ticket with a screenshot re: this new storefront UI.   Feel bad for DAZ support techs. 

This setup feels designed for mobile and not PC users with all that white space.  Would be nice if they added a bit of UI customizability past number of itmes per page.  Like Dark theme is available at other forums with way less revenue.  And adding mobile vs PC for screen space would be nice to have in this day and age.

• Go to wishlist and none of the Filter menus will load or show results.  Just gets stuck at Loading.,  site is really borked with filters in many ways.

• IppotamusIppotamus Posts: 1,579

jakiblue said:

See, this is what I'm not liking. It really feels like this is the way Daz is heading. Away from the quality 3d products for art, and more and more into this freakin' stupid awful NFT thing. Is there a time coming when daz will be no more, and will just sell "avatars" and rubbish like that?  

AbyssalEros said:

Nail?  Meet head.

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

Abandon all hope ye who enter here...

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,716

AllenArt said:

More of Daz's website philosophy...if it ain't broke, break it.

Good one. They keep trying to get rid of me, and I can no longer resist.