Announcing: Daz Deals Browser Add-on II

Comments

• AtiAti Posts: 9,086

Whoever needs to reinstall the addon every day for it to work, could you try one more thing for me?

Go to the Settings menu (Upper right corner of the browser, the 3 vertical dots, and then the "Settings" option. 3rd from the bottom.), and choose "On startup" on the left, then "Continue where you left off" on the right, like this:

Does this make any difference?

Capture.PNG
    2670 x 1075 - 84K
  • Ati said:

Whoever needs to reinstall the addon every day for it to work, could you try one more thing for me?

Go to the Settings menu (Upper right corner of the browser, the 3 vertical dots, and then the "Settings" option. 3rd from the bottom.), and choose "On startup" on the left, then "Continue where you left off" on the right, like this:

Does this make any difference?

For me (using the latest version of Chrome), making this change in Settings seems to have solved the issue. I removed, then re-installed the Daz-deals plug-in, but now it's fully working as expected, whereas before I was still missing the price history graph. Also, after closing daz3d.com and reopening, the plug-in is still working perfectly without needing to be removed/reinstalled.   

• LoonyLoony Posts: 1,814

Script is working now, thanks Ducky Face :D

• JamieMJamieM Posts: 353

I'm afraid that hasn't worked for me. 

(On Chrome) I changed the setting then restarted PC - there were no tick boxes.

I then uninstalled and reinstalled Daz deals extension and restarted PC again - but no tick boxes when opened again.

Pity - that sound promising!

• Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,823

It didn't work for me either I'm afraid :(

• Joe WebbJoe Webb Posts: 837

When did this problem start? I noticed it today, I had to reinstall to get it to work. I know I was OK two days ago (at least I think so). But closing down Chrome (latest version, Windows 10) and restarting and the extention wasn't working again until I deleted and reinstalled it. And I do have the Continue you Left Off checked.

On a semi related note my Photoshop suddenly has a zoom-in bug. I wonder if all of this is due to the latest WIndows update/

• marblemarble Posts: 7,449

I also tried the "Continue Where You Left Off" option with Edge but no luck. As soon as I restarted Edge, the DAZ Deals extension stopped working.

• mr clammr clam Posts: 707

On Chrome, I had to uninstall/reinstall. It worked. I'm on a Mac, so it isn't likely that it's a Windows update problem. Changing "Continue Where You Left Off" had no effect.

• JamieMJamieM Posts: 353

The Chrome problem started before my PC updated Windows 10. 

• Unfortunately, what worked to make Daz-Deals function correctly as before no longer works for me. Making the change to Chrome Settings to "Continue where you left off" enabled the plug-in to work fully (displaying the missing Price History graph) even after Daz3d.com on Chrome was closed and then a new page opened.

However, at this time, I have since restarted my computer (Win 10) and now I've had to remove/re-install the daz-deals plug-in again as before because the Price History graph was missing. But now closing and opening a new daz3d.com the plug-in does not work fully--it requires removing/re-installing each time.

• SeraSera Posts: 1,675

I experienced a few glitches with the Daz Deals extension earlier in the week ("Show only owned" and "show only wishlisted" would sometimes not do anything) but most of the functions were still working. Then it stopped glitching and worked perfectly for a few days. Today it stopped working entirely, with many options not showing at all. I uninstalled and reinstalled and now everything seems to be working for now.

I hope it gets sorted soon. It's so useful and I have come to rely on it a lot. 

• OverdrawnOverdrawn Posts: 561
    Thanks again for all the testing and reports. I'm still working to get my copy to break...once I do, I hope to have a path toward a fix. From what I've read this is exclusively a Chromium-based bug with reports effecting Chrome and Edge (and presumably Brave and the others). That would mean it's not exclusively add-on store related, and "only" engine related. If any of you having issues also have Firefox, it would be interesting to confirm that things work normally in that browser from the same machine. This, ultimately, is why a diversity of browsers is important... Thanks again, all!
  • In Chrome, Daz Deals is dead as a dodo for me. No sign of it at all. Despite de-installing and re-installing the extension, choosing continuing where I left off, restarting etc.

In Firefox, no problem at all. Seems to work perfectly.

Note that I don't usually use Firefox. Gave up on it a while back and only just installed it (to try to get back the price history data on Daz).

• 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,470
    edited March 2021

.Is there any way to disable Daz Deals for a moment, without turning off the Extension....I am trying to search something, and I cannot get the "Hide Items I won" to turn off, it is like it is a default setting that I cant disable when seraching.

EDIT:  Wait, even the extension off its still there, maybe thats part of the store.  

Long story short, was searching for Vivian hair, and it was not coming up.  I have to google it to get to it.

Post edited by 3dOutlaw on

That checkbox is part of the store itself.

• Did Only Show Owned ever get fixed wrt general searches of the shop?  It still shows things I know I don't own when I select that checkbox.  It works fine if I select a particular merchant's products listing, but if I do a general search of the store in order to, say, remind myself what all bathrooms I currently own... it breaks.  This is on the Opera browser.

nomad-ads_8ecd56922e said:

Did Only Show Owned ever get fixed wrt general searches of the shop?  It still shows things I know I don't own when I select that checkbox.  It works fine if I select a particular merchant's products listing, but if I do a general search of the store in order to, say, remind myself what all bathrooms I currently own... it breaks.  This is on the Opera browser.

It's not fixed yet. The store search itself does not seem to be in its final state yet, we're waiting for that to be fully done.

• zombietaggerungzombietaggerung Posts: 3,658
    edited March 2021

The forum links on products are missing for me now. Not on everything though, just on some items. Still Chrome v89.0.4389.90. Everything else seems to work though.

Post edited by zombietaggerung on
  • OrionPax09OrionPax09 Posts: 419

I've been having issues as well. I'm constantly having to uninstall and reinstall Daz Deals just to use it! What happened? It used to work perfectly!

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301
    edited March 2021

zombietaggerung said:

The forum links on products are missing for me now. Not on everything though, just on some items. Still Chrome v89.0.4389.90. Everything else seems to work though.

Same Chrome version, forum links are there. 

Screenshot 2021-03-17 033213.jpg
    1607 x 906 - 223K
    Post edited by Sevrin on

zombietaggerung said:

Not every product has forum links, only the ones mentioned (linked to) in the forums. Can you give an example of where you think there should be one but isn't?

OrionPax09 said:

I've been having issues as well. I'm constantly having to uninstall and reinstall Daz Deals just to use it! What happened? It used to work perfectly!

This issue comes up with the current version of Chromium-based browsers. We're aware of it, but unable to fully replicate it yet. We're on it. See the posts above. 

Ati said:

OrionPax09 said:

This issue comes up with the current version of Chromium-based browsers. We're aware of it, but unable to fully replicate it yet. We're on it. See the posts above. 

I'm still trying to get my copy of Chrome and/or Edge to break... :-P Once it finally breaks for me, I'm hopeful we can find a fix or a way around whatever Google broke. There are ways to go back to previous versions of Chrome...but it's tricky. Firefox still works fine for everyone, fwiw.
  • Ati said:

zombietaggerung said:

Not every product has forum links, only the ones mentioned (linked to) in the forums. Can you give an example of where you think there should be one but isn't?

I was looking for a particular thread related to Scar 8 and there were no links on his Figure page, Pro Bundle page, or Starter Bundle page. And I know he had a thread in the commons when he came out. I am aware that usually the starter bundle wouldn't be linked specifically in that thread, but the Pro bundle or at least the figure would be. I just thought it was very odd, and possibly something that should be brought to you guys attention.

Screenshot 2021-03-17 120315.jpg
    927 x 704 - 89K
    Screenshot 2021-03-17 120447.jpg
    759 x 697 - 73K
    Screenshot 2021-03-17 120621.jpg
    765 x 707 - 72K

Ati said:

zombietaggerung said:

I was looking for a particular thread related to Scar 8 and there were no links on his Figure page, Pro Bundle page, or Starter Bundle page. And I know he had a thread in the commons when he came out. I am aware that usually the starter bundle wouldn't be linked specifically in that thread, but the Pro bundle or at least the figure would be. I just thought it was very odd, and possibly something that should be brought to you guys attention.

The posts have to contain a link to the product or our boys won't find them. Your post above should eventually show up on all three. For example. :)
  • zombietaggerungzombietaggerung Posts: 3,658
    edited March 2021

Overdrawn said:

zombietaggerung said:

Ati said:

zombietaggerung said:

The posts have to contain a link to the product or our boys won't find them. Your post above should eventually show up on all three. For example. :)

Well now, yes. But yesterday when I was looking for it there wasn't. But I guess It doesn't matter. 

Post edited by zombietaggerung on

zombietaggerung said:

Overdrawn said:

zombietaggerung said:

Ati said:

zombietaggerung said:

Well now, yes. But yesterday when I was looking for it there wasn't. But I guess It doesn't matter. 

People need to link to the products (like you did in your post above); just mentioning them is not enough.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,253

For me the Daz Deals extension failure in Chrome (which is still completely broken for me) started right after a Windows update. Maybe a coincidence, maybe not. I am running Windows 10 Home version 2004 (OS Build 19041.867). The update that was installed was KB5000802.

• LucielLuciel Posts: 475

barbult said:

For me the Daz Deals extension failure in Chrome (which is still completely broken for me) started right after a Windows update. Maybe a coincidence, maybe not. I am running Windows 10 Home version 2004 (OS Build 19041.867). The update that was installed was KB5000802.

Thats exactly when it started for me too, on the last update. 

Though i'm on a different Windows version and "insider" build. So the update would have been different, I assume (and i'd also assume the version before would have been somewhat close to your current one and it still worked fine). 

• anepheranepher Posts: 120

I have to reinstall the extension every time I close and open Chrome :(