Announcing: Daz Deals Browser Add-on II

This discussion was created from comments split from: Announcing: Daz Deals Browser Add-on.

Comments

• I sometimes use Brave with this pluggin (most of the time I'm on Opera), but for some reason this pluggin doesn't seem to be showing on Brave.  I don't have the little icon for it at the top where the other pluggins are shown, and when I go to the shop pages, none of the related pluggin features are there.  I.e. I don't see the extra checkboxes for things like Only Show Owned.  I can get to the internal config page page for the pluggin via the pluggins burger-menu, followed by the box-with-diagonal-arrow button on the pluggins listing, and it shows the Daz-Deals pluggin is enabled... and shows as being version 2.5.1, but its not doing anything.  Am I missing a doodadd somewhere?  0o

Very strange. :-/ You might try enabling and the disabling it. You coul also try reinstalling it...but that'll mean you need to set it back up again and there might be data loss for things like hidden items and such. :-/ It sounds like a Brave side issue though.

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,300
    edited November 2020

MS Edge got the update to 2.5.1.  So far, so good.

The Export Cart as CSV is kind of broken now.  It used to provide a good table, but now not so much.

Post edited by Sevrin on

Oh.  One thing that would for the site would be a "dark mode" with white text on a charcoal/black background.  This would mostly be for the gallery once it's back up and running to bring it into the 21st century, unless Daz includes that in their revamp, but some folks might prefer that for the rest of the site, as well for nighttime browsing.

• HatBHatB Posts: 73

Just found the Chrome version of this. Your hard work is greatly appreciated. Thanks so much.smileyheart

Since installing TamperMonkey on Firefox, I get this on some product pages.

• AtiAti Posts: 9,078
    Sevrin said:

Since installing TamperMonkey on Firefox, I get this on some product pages.

It's the release date script. It needs to access the product's readme to determine its release date, that's what's on the URL it shows you. You may safely allow it. 

• There you are, spiffy new thread.

• There you are, spiffy new thread.

Thanks, Richard!

• Sevrin said:

The Export Cart as CSV is kind of broken now.  It used to provide a good table, but now not so much.

What's it providing now? Nothing's changed on our end for that code. I'll test as well, but more details would be most helpful. Thanks!

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,031
    edited November 2020
    Overdrawn said:
    Sevrin said:

What's it providing now? Nothing's changed on our end for that code. I'll test as well, but more details would be most helpful. Thanks!

All the product names are in cell A2 and the prices are out of whack as well. If I can attach the csv - had to rename it slightly. Csv & snapshot of cart attached; this got real ugly on a 23 item order.

txt
    txt
    daz-cart DA20-1129-A744-2722-940A.csv.txt
    139B
    order image.jpg
    1199 x 659 - 65K
    txt
    txt
    daz-cart DA20-1129-A744-2722-940A.xlsx.txt
    Post edited by namffuak on
    edited November 2020
    Overdrawn said:
    Sevrin said:

Put 4 random items in my cart, and this is what I get.  Same result using Firefox and MS Edge.

"Product Name", "Base Price", "Cart Price""dForce Soft Breast for Genesis 8 FemalesEkialys' Ny for Genesis 8 FemalesMafalda HD for Genesis 8 FemaleEleanor HD For Genesis 8 Female",$25.95$43.95$18.95$19.95,$12.98$30.77 $5.69$5.99

zip
    zip
    daz-cart.zip
    276B
    Post edited by Sevrin on
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943

Sniff ... Only show WishList doesn't work anymore - for me, anyway.

Firefox 83.0, DazDeals 2.5.1 ...

https://www.daz3d.com/fast-grab-3d-models/

And yes, there is one item from my wishlist.

Ehm ... if you use the link at the bottom of the extension, you are going to the first message of the old thread. Maybe copy the content of that first message to the first message here and change the link?

moz-extension://59957e00-9b44-4191-ab9e-55be9487ef26/options/options.html

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

is the developer of this accepting requests?

any way to fix the webp nonsense?  
    let jpg images save as jpg?
    researched it a bit, seems to be a server side script forcing webp compression, ruins the quality of the image.
    rhanks

• Thanks for the example CSVs @namffuak and @Sevrin. Most helpful. :) I'll do some digging to see why these aren't spitting correctly any more. Probably some stray hard return or quotation marks hiding in the new data.
  • Kerya said:

Ehm ... if you use the link at the bottom of the extension, you are going to the first message of the old thread. Maybe copy the content of that first message to the first message here and change the link?

Thanks! Good catch!

• Kerya said:

Thanks! Good catch!

• Mystiarra said:

researched it a bit, seems to be a server side script forcing webp compression, ruins the quality of the image.
    rhanks

Are you wanting to be able to download the images without webp compression?

Overdrawn said:
    Mystiarra said:

rhanks

Oh yes, please! I dislike it too ... Yes, I have Irfanview and the webp extension, but ... webp pictures are ... not funny.

• Overdrawn said:
    Mystiarra said:

rhanks

I would love that, especially condensed into the Daz Deals extension!

The webp compression is such a pain in the backside from a product installation standpoint. Tons of older products not only dump everything into lost and found, they don't even bother to include a thumbnail! That means going to the store and saving my own on a pretty regular basis.

Being able to do that without needing to add an additional extension from a developer I don't trust like I do you and Ati, or needing to download the webp nonsense and waste time converting it all, or taking screenshots and cropping them, would be heavenly. Even if it only works on the Daz site that's more than fine by me; that's where I run into the most trouble with webp anyway.

Is this webp issue something in firefox? I use chrome, and I can save images as jpeg without doing anything extra.

• Ati said:

Is this webp issue something in firefox? I use chrome, and I can save images as jpeg without doing anything extra.

I can't do it in either Chrome or Firefox, and the problem persists across Mac and PC.

If Daz provides an image as a jpg then I can save it as one, for instance this preview of the new Crew for G8M: https://gcdn.daz3d.com/p/79058/i/crewforgenesis8male03daz3d.jpg

If they serve it as a webP instead, as in the case of another preview for Crew for G8M, then I cannot save it (unaided) as anything except for webP: https://gcdn.daz3d.com/p/79058/i/crewforgenesis8male05daz3d.jpg

The URL has the .jpg extension but even if I load the image into a new tab or window, all attempts to save it (save page as, right click) will use webP and only webP without the use of an additional extension to save webP images as png.

Ati said:

That's probably an extension you have.  Right-clicking and saving-as your avatar only gives me the webp option, while right-clicking Cora's avatar only gives the jpg option.

Ati said:

I can't do it in either Chrome or Firefox, and the problem persists across Mac and PC.

If Daz provides an image as a jpg then I can save it as one, for instance this preview of the new Crew for G8M: https://gcdn.daz3d.com/p/79058/i/crewforgenesis8male03daz3d.jpg

If they serve it as a webP instead, as in the case of another preview for Crew for G8M, then I cannot save it (unaided) as anything except for webP: https://gcdn.daz3d.com/p/79058/i/crewforgenesis8male05daz3d.jpg

The URL has the .jpg extension but even if I load the image into a new tab or window, all attempts to save it (save page as, right click) will use webP and only webP without the use of an additional extension to save webP images as png.

Ah, I see what you mean. I only came across jpg files, it seems.

• Ati said:
    Ati said:

I always feel like I've used a bit of my cosmic luck for the day whenever I strike jpg, lol. I assumed that DAZ reserved webP for big, bandwidth-devouring promo images, but Sevrin is right and it even extends to forum avatars. Now that I think about it, I've also run into a lot of promos for older/old products that still want to save as webP even though they predate DAZ using much larger promos that we can zoom in on, and are quite small with low resolution.

Obviously that doesn't matter when we're just shopping, but it definitely adds to the already laborious process of cleaning up messy product installations. Being able to save images from the DAZ store directly as jpg or png files would be an awesome feature, though it would be a quality of life improvement as opposed to making the store itself functional.

• Don't know why Daz is using the webp  format I almost never encounter it anywhere else

I have an extension in Chrome that lets me save any image as png

Ati said:
    Ati said:

I always feel like I've used a bit of my cosmic luck for the day whenever I strike jpg, lol. I assumed that DAZ reserved webP for big, bandwidth-devouring promo images, but Sevrin is right and it even extends to forum avatars. Now that I think about it, I've also run into a lot of promos for older/old products that still want to save as webP even though they predate DAZ using much larger promos that we can zoom in on, and are quite small with low resolution.

Obviously that doesn't matter when we're just shopping, but it definitely adds to the already laborious process of cleaning up messy product installations. Being able to save images from the DAZ store directly as jpg or png files would be an awesome feature, though it would be a quality of life improvement as opposed to making the store itself functional.

Speculation: It could be that Daz converts PNG files to webp and leaves jpg files alone, as they're already compressed.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,060

Don't know why Daz is using the webp  format I almost never encounter it anywhere else

I have an extension in Chrome that lets me save any image as png

I use Chrome.  when I right-click to save an image, I click the file type button at the bottom and select "All Files...".  Then I simply change the file extension to .jpg.  That saves the files as indicated...works all the time.  It's never been a problem for me.  If I go into File Explorer and double-click on one of the images saved as I explained, it comes up for viewing just fine!

Dana

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,060

There are a lot of comments to read here and in the former thread.  Is there a problem with the filter for using the PA coupon?  When I click that, it only shows me 19 items.  I have a huge wishlist and I know there are hundreds of items that qualify.  I have changed the settings to show only 120 items at a time, because I remembered someone saying we should do that (or 60) rather than "Show All" (which I usually have set)  If I uncheck DAZ Originals from the vendors list, a whole lot more show with the DO logo.

In Extensions it shows the DAZ Deals as 2.5.1.  Is that the correct version?  Does it update itself, or do I need to remove it and then go get it again?

Tonight is the deadline for using the coupon.  I always wait until the last minute.  frown

Dana

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,031
    edited November 2020
    Overdrawn said:
    Mystiarra said:

rhanks

Based on information on this web page I changed image.http.accept from image.webp,*/* to just */* and I no longer get webp format from this site. (I did NOT change image.webp.enabled - still set to true)

Post edited by namffuak on