Announcing: Daz Deals Browser Add-on II

Comments

• AtiAti Posts: 9,100

stoiansubevmega said:

in the last couple of days i dont receive Best prices emails... i do receive the fast grab and the for my whishlist ( i havent changed anything in the add on)

You are correct. Thanks for noticing. You should be getting them again now. 

• Yep i got them now! Thanks! and i didnt get them in the same days as Overdrawn. I will have to unsubscribe and subscribe again sins in my efforts to try and fix it i check the 1 and 2 months boxes. Btw ATI thanks for all you are doing mate. This add on helps a ton of people!!!

Tont Heisenberg said:

Yep i got them now! Thanks! and i didnt get them in the same days as Overdrawn.

These emails are completely personalized, so not everyone is getting the same emails at the same time. Items you already own or are not interested in are not included in your emails. If only those change prices, then you do not get that particular message, while someone else might.

• JamieMJamieM Posts: 354

Just received a Best Prices at 22.15 U.K. time!  
    They're usually in the morning. 

JamieM said:

Just received a Best Prices at 22.15 U.K. time!  
    They're usually in the morning. 

Yep. We had a failsafe stuck that prevented the mails from going out sooner. All fixed now.

• SylvanSylvan Posts: 2,693
    edited March 2021

Never mind, I figured it out :)

Post edited by Sylvan on
  • scwaspscwasp Posts: 17

Anyone that knows how to only see either the PC or Non-PC price graph at any given time? I used to only see one graph, but now I'm seeing both at the same time (https://i.imgur.com/AIdYfHe.png)

Can't find anything in the extrension options that allows me to only see one graph at a time

scwasp said:

Anyone that knows how to only see either the PC or Non-PC price graph at any given time? I used to only see one graph, but now I'm seeing both at the same time (https://i.imgur.com/AIdYfHe.png)

Can't find anything in the extrension options that allows me to only see one graph at a time

Non PC+ members see both prices. Logged in, and signed in (to the addon) PC+ members see only the PC+ price. If you are a PC+ member, and are logged in to the site, then check if your correct details are entered in the options page of the addon.

• scwaspscwasp Posts: 17

Ati said:

scwasp said:

Non PC+ members see both prices. Logged in, and signed in (to the addon) PC+ members see only the PC+ price. If you are a PC+ member, and are logged in to the site, then check if your correct details are entered in the options page of the addon.

Hmm, I couldn't find anywhere to input correct details in the options section of the addon, but signing up for the email notification stuff seems to have worked

scwasp said:

Ati said:

scwasp said:

Hmm, I couldn't find anywhere to input correct details in the options section of the addon, but signing up for the email notification stuff seems to have worked

Yes, those details. :) 

• OverdrawnOverdrawn Posts: 567
    Ati said:

scwasp said:

Ati said:

scwasp said:

Yes, those details. :) 

Sounds like I need to make that more obvious. :) Where did you look for those settings? Did you find them, but thought the use was different (or unrelated)?
  • jbowlerjbowler Posts: 748

Curiously DAZ Deals seems to have suddenly stopped working on my system.  I'm using my laptop (not my default for accessing daz3d.com) and have been using it for about 24 hours now.  This morning everything seemed fine (I certainly didn't notice anything wrong and I did order something).  Then I went to look at my wishlist and there was no "% off" sort option, in fact all the DAZ Deals page re-writes seem to have gone.  The product I ordered no longer has the price graph, no "already owned" etc check boxes etc, etc...  This is Chrome 89.0.4389.90, Windows 10 64 bit.  Chrome says the extension has access to all the pages and can rewrite them.

Is there some way I can do a restart without losing stuff?  I have tried a complete restart of the PC.  Could it be because I'm using a hotel wifi and Chrome is enforcing extra security?

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

quite a few chrome users are experiencing the same - ati and overdrawn are tearing their respective hairs out trying to figure out why LOL. For the quick fix, uninstall and reinstall the extension and it'll come back. I find it stops working every time I close the chrome browser. 

jbowler said:

Curiously DAZ Deals seems to have suddenly stopped working on my system.  I'm using my laptop (not my default for accessing daz3d.com) and have been using it for about 24 hours now.  This morning everything seemed fine (I certainly didn't notice anything wrong and I did order something).  Then I went to look at my wishlist and there was no "% off" sort option, in fact all the DAZ Deals page re-writes seem to have gone.  The product I ordered no longer has the price graph, no "already owned" etc check boxes etc, etc...  This is Chrome 89.0.4389.90, Windows 10 64 bit.  Chrome says the extension has access to all the pages and can rewrite them.

Is there some way I can do a restart without losing stuff?  I have tried a complete restart of the PC.  Could it be because I'm using a hotel wifi and Chrome is enforcing extra security?

edited March 2021

jakiblue said:

quite a few chrome users are experiencing the same - ati and overdrawn are tearing their respective hairs out trying to figure out why LOL. For the quick fix, uninstall and reinstall the extension and it'll come back. I find it stops working every time I close the chrome browser. 

jbowler said:

Well, yes, that appears to work for me, but it does raise the issue I asked about:

Is there some way I can do a restart without losing stuff? 

Yep, I seem to have lost my entire "Hidden Items" list, the one with all the "Starter" bundles for which I have "Pro" bundles, etc.  Quite a lot of the configuration seems to be per-machine and some of it, which apparently isn't (like the daily emails) seems to get destroyed too.  Fortunately I had my passcode on another machine; the send-me-my-passcode link doesn't seem to work[EDIT: correction: it does work, it was in the same place as the daily email messages], but it doesn't restore the settings either.  (I understand that those emails are only set from the page, and that I should have tried this on my laptop where the configuration is not something I care about, but I didn't, oops.)

I must add that @ati and @overdrawn are both people who have enormously contributed to my use of DAZStudio and should, IMO, get substantial support from DAZ Productions because I certainly wouldn't use the DAZ product half as much as I do without DAZ Deals.  I also don't actually expect support (from DAZ Deals, I certainly expect it from DAZ Productions because I've paid them a lot of money); the rule for software is that if it is free you pay for the support, if you pay for it then you have paid up front for the support since software itself costs nothing and has no intrinsic value.

Post edited by jbowler on
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943

One possible way to get ati and overdrawn some money:

Use the daily "New DAZ promo" email to go to Daz and log in - that way, when you buy something, they get a (probably very little) bit of money when you buy something.

It breaks on Chrome for some people, and not others. The most unfortunate thing in this situation is that it has not stopped working for either @Overdrawn or me, making it impossible to see what the issue is. :-/ We're waiting for either of us to be affected and finally be able to resolve it.

• OverdrawnOverdrawn Posts: 567
    jbowler said:

jakiblue said:

jbowler said:

Well, yes, that appears to work for me, but it does raise the issue I asked about:

Is there some way I can do a restart without losing stuff? 

Yep, I seem to have lost my entire "Hidden Items" list, the one with all the "Starter" bundles for which I have "Pro" bundles, etc.  Quite a lot of the configuration seems to be per-machine and some of it, which apparently isn't (like the daily emails) seems to get destroyed too.  Fortunately I had my passcode on another machine; the send-me-my-passcode link doesn't seem to work[EDIT: correction: it does work, it was in the same place as the daily email messages], but it doesn't restore the settings either.  (I understand that those emails are only set from the page, and that I should have tried this on my laptop where the configuration is not something I care about, but I didn't, oops.)

I must add that @ati and @overdrawn are both people who have enormously contributed to my use of DAZStudio and should, IMO, get substantial support from DAZ Productions because I certainly wouldn't use the DAZ product half as much as I do without DAZ Deals.  I also don't actually expect support (from DAZ Deals, I certainly expect it from DAZ Productions because I've paid them a lot of money); the rule for software is that if it is free you pay for the support, if you pay for it then you have paid up front for the support since software itself costs nothing and has no intrinsic value.

Thanks for the kind words of support! As @Ati mentioned we're still both working to get our copies of the extension to break...as weird as that sounds. :-/ It seems that the extension continues to work fine in Firefox still, fwiw. We'll continue to explore what must have changed in Chrome/Chromium to cause this to break. Hopefully, there's a solution just around the corner. :-/
  • TugpsxTugpsx Posts: 734

How does the "Required Items" option function? For instance i know i have morphs or items related to 3 figures that i do not have the base and they do show in "Required Items" but there are others that i certainly dont have in my product list that show. So i assume that this is a list of irems for sale that are required for other items on sale and has no relation to items you already own. What would be good is to have that option to show base items you require. Cant tell how many times in the past I bought addon items that were on sale for cheap then waited for the base.

Tugpsx said:

How does the "Required Items" option function? For instance i know i have morphs or items related to 3 figures that i do not have the base and they do show in "Required Items" but there are others that i certainly dont have in my product list that show. So i assume that this is a list of irems for sale that are required for other items on sale and has no relation to items you already own. What would be good is to have that option to show base items you require. Cant tell how many times in the past I bought addon items that were on sale for cheap then waited for the base.

For me it has always seemed to work in the way you want it to - it shows the "required items" from the store pages for products I own (i.e. the required items I don't own).  I believe the "addons" checkbox is the inverse; it shows products you don't own that require a product you do own.  Try going to the DAZ store page (i.e. the page you get when you click on "SHOP") and checking "required items".  I get 72 items most of them corresponding to freebie textures I "bought" but don't have the wardrobe item for.

Tugpsx said:

As @jbowler said. What you want is how it works. :)

Thanks all, interesting it shows 347 items for me. Some of these items i dont have anything related since my collection goes back from Studio 1.x when Daz had a ton of free items and as you pointed out there was a period that they gave the textures for free.

Tugpsx said:

Thanks all, interesting it shows 347 items for me. Some of these items i dont have anything related since my collection goes back from Studio 1.x when Daz had a ton of free items and as you pointed out there was a period that they gave the textures for free.

Check out some of them to see why they show up. They most likely have requirements listed that you don't have, or addons that you don't have, depending on which checkbox you chose. Making sense of the addons is more difficult, since not all addons are listed on product pages. But the requirements are all shown.

Ok so i reviewed some items on the list and found that items on my wishlist are shown as required.After a bit more searching it appears that with over 6200 items of which some 4100 uninstalled (yes i have spent a lot of money with Daz over the years) there were times i bought or received a FREE addon that required a base item. Good to know how it works and will review needed items most of which are Genesis 2 and prior.

Thanks again fo the awesome tool.

• RuthvenRuthven Posts: 633

I have an issue with the "wishlist on sale" mail notification: it's listing items that I alread purchased. Any clue about why this happens?

Ruthven said:

I have an issue with the "wishlist on sale" mail notification: it's listing items that I alread purchased. Any clue about why this happens?

This means you have not synced your current wishlist for a while to our servers. Make sure to either allow automatic updates (there's a checkbox for this on the options page), or manually sync your wishlist after every change, be it new addition to the list, or purchase from the list (the "sync wishlist" button is on the Daz wishlist page when the addon is enabled).

• RuthvenRuthven Posts: 633

Ati said:

Ruthven said:

This means you have not synced your current wishlist for a while to our servers. Make sure to either allow automatic updates (there's a checkbox for this on the options page), or manually sync your wishlist after every change, be it new addition to the list, or purchase from the list (the "sync wishlist" button is on the Daz wishlist page when the addon is enabled).

Thank you ATI! Some Firefox update time ago (it's since a while I was having this problem, just didn't find the time to call out, yet) must have messed up my email notifications settings; re-entered the required data and synced wishlist, I'll check next mail to see if it works correctly.

Bizarrely, there are one or two items that repeatedly escape syncing the wish list eg. I cannot convince Dazdeals that I already have most Ultrascenery addons. 

JamieM said:

Bizarrely, there are one or two items that repeatedly escape syncing the wish list eg. I cannot convince Dazdeals that I already have most Ultrascenery addons. 

Are you sure they're not on your wishlist? This may sound like an odd question, but you can actually have owned items on your wishlist. 

I checked my wish list. The items I still get notifications for are not on there. 

Specific examples: 

UltraScenery - Landscape Features Volume 1

UltraScenery - Australia

Australia Botanica - Trees and Shrubs

JamieM said:

I checked my wish list. The items I still get notifications for are not on there. 

Specific examples: 

UltraScenery - Landscape Features Volume 1

UltraScenery - Australia

Australia Botanica - Trees and Shrubs

Can you give me your email address in private? I'll check, although we don't log what gets added when.