Announcing: Daz Deals Browser Add-on II

Comments

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301

Ati said:

JamieM said:

jakiblue said:

Nope that didn't work. 

It's strange cos I am getting SOME of the options, but not others. 

EDIT: huh, i am seeing "only show wishlist" etc checkboxes now. 

EDIT AGAIN: okies!!! now i'm seeing all the right stuff! wooohooooo! it works!!!

Using Chrome I have lost the wishlist etc checkboxes a few times over the last few days. I have had to uninstall and reinstall the add-on each time to get it working.  

What do you guys have in common? Do you maybe both have 1000+ items in your wishlist? 

Their forum names start with "J"! 

• JamieMJamieM Posts: 354

What do you guys have in common? Do you maybe both have 1000+ items in your wishlist? 

I have 483 items.

I had to uninstall / reinstall again this morning. At least I've worked out how to get the checkboxes back - I was lost without them!

Trying to figure out what's going on but I can't think of any reason for the repeated disappearances.  As far as I know nothing changed at my end. 

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

I have 1011 items in my wishlist. Does that make a difference? 

Ati said:

JamieM said:

jakiblue said:

Nope that didn't work. 

EDIT AGAIN: okies!!! now i'm seeing all the right stuff! wooohooooo! it works!!!

Using Chrome I have lost the wishlist etc checkboxes a few times over the last few days. I have had to uninstall and reinstall the add-on each time to get it working.  

• AtiAti Posts: 9,091

jakiblue said:

Ati said:

JamieM said:

jakiblue said:

Nope that didn't work. 

I don't know. Trying to figure out what causes this for some of you, and not others. It's a lot easier to troubleshoot something that breaks for everyone. :D

I can imagine! LOL

I honestly don't know why it's doing it. The ONLY difference is that I have a brand new computer but it's still a normal desktop, windows 10, using Chrome (latest version cos I had to download it). Even for the last three months I was using my husband's new laptop - and THAT was windows 10 and new verison of Chrome too, so I truly have no idea whatsoever why I have to keep uninstalling and reinstalling the app to get it to work for longer than 1 day. I'm not changing any settings etc within it either.  

Ati said:

jakiblue said:

Ati said:

JamieM said:

jakiblue said:

Nope that didn't work. 

I don't know. Trying to figure out what causes this for some of you, and not others. It's a lot easier to troubleshoot something that breaks for everyone. :D

• OverdrawnOverdrawn Posts: 562
    My guess is that a recent Chrome update may have changed something and now we need to adapt the extension to work with the new environment. Extension building can be very cat-and-mouse. :-P I'll get things updated over the weekend and see what I can find. Hopefully it's a simple tweak.
  • Noah LGPNoah LGP Posts: 2,572

It works with Microsoft Edge 89.0

• FrankTheTankFrankTheTank Posts: 1,131

i was able to get mine working again by installing an older version of Brave off github. So sure enough, something has been in changed in Chrome/Brave in the last 8 days or so. Thats how far back I had to go to ger  a working version of Brave (1.20.103). (is based off Chrome/chromium). And then I had to disable the autoupdate since Brave doesn't give the enduser any option to do so, I had to rename the updater so it can't even run, lol. I can't understand the logic of forcing people to autoupdate when the whole reason I began using Brave was to escape the control freak nature of big tech. They've made it more likely that i will never update again now, rather than give me the option to select which updates I want, i had to kill the whole update process.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943

Question: is it just me or are there others?

When I click on a promo picture in Ati's New DAZ promo mail, I am getting to DAZ, but can't log in. Clicking on the little white stylized human icon doesn't do anything. Then I am clicking on forums and end up at the 40% OFF Newly MAD Releases ... scroll up, click on the little white icon and am able to log in.

Not a real problem, just jumping through hoops, as I do want Ati to get the affiliate referrer bonus.

Firefox 86.0

Kerya said:

When I click on a promo picture in Ati's New DAZ promo mail, I am getting to DAZ, but can't log in. Clicking on the little white stylized human icon doesn't do anything. Then I am clicking on forums and end up at the 40% OFF Newly MAD Releases ... scroll up, click on the little white icon and am able to log in.

Not a real problem, just jumping through hoops, as I do want Ati to get the affiliate referrer bonus.

Firefox 86.0

Same.  Can't sign in from the linked shop page, or access the cart.  Have to go select another page to sign in or access the cart.  2.5.3, FF 89

Sevrin said:

Kerya said:

Firefox 86.0

Same.  Can't sign in from the linked shop page, or access the cart.  Have to go select another page to sign in or access the cart.  2.5.3, FF 89

Thank you - nice to know I am not alone. wink

edited March 2021

That's how that sales page is set up. That's not something we can influence. Same thing happens if you click to that page from the main store.

Post edited by Ati on

Ati said:

That's how that sales page is set up. That's not something we can influence. Same thing happens if you click to that page from the main store.

Sorry - it didn't even cross my mind to try the approach to use daz3d.com to come here. Oooopsie!

Kerya said:

Ati said:

Sorry - it didn't even cross my mind to try the approach to use daz3d.com to come here. Oooopsie!

Normally you wouldn't have to. But something is set up strangely on that page. If you scroll down a page or two, until a new header appears, and scroll back up, then you'll be able to use the header menu from there.

Further to the add on not working for me in Chrome....if I uninstall and then reinstall it, it works. But whenever I close Chrome, it stops working. The add on is still showing as being installed, and no settings were changed, but as soon as I close my Chrome browser it stops working completely. Don't know if that helps in working out the bug - or could it be something in my chrome settings that is doing it? I have no idea - I just reinstalled chrome on the new computer and it synced all my bookmarks and settings etc, so I don't know how to check chrome settings etc. 

jakiblue said:

Further to the add on not working for me in Chrome....if I uninstall and then reinstall it, it works. But whenever I close Chrome, it stops working. The add on is still showing as being installed, and no settings were changed, but as soon as I close my Chrome browser it stops working completely. Don't know if that helps in working out the bug - or could it be something in my chrome settings that is doing it? I have no idea - I just reinstalled chrome on the new computer and it synced all my bookmarks and settings etc, so I don't know how to check chrome settings etc. 

To check Chrome settings, type "chrome://settings" in the address bar. 

• I know it's probably impossible, but is there anyway to filter out Fast Grab items when using the PC+ coupon filters? It's very frustrating to find something that looks cool and then pop it in the cart only to be told that the coupon code is invalid.

• marblemarble Posts: 7,449
    edited March 2021

I scanned the previous posts and it looks like people are having problems with Chrome. For me, the extension works in Chrome but not in Edge (and Edge is my preferred browser at the moment). I am not seeing the additional filters or Sort By options.

Microsoft EdgeVersion 89.0.774.48 (Official build) (64-bit)

Post edited by marble on

zombietaggerung said:

I know it's probably impossible, but is there anyway to filter out Fast Grab items when using the PC+ coupon filters? It's very frustrating to find something that looks cool and then pop it in the cart only to be told that the coupon code is invalid.

Fast Grab stuff is easy to spot.  It's always 70% off. 

marble said:

I scanned the previous posts and it looks like people are having problems with Chrome. For me, the extension works in Chrome but not in Edge (and Edge is my preferred browser at the moment). I am not seeing the additional filters or Sort By options.

Same version of Edge and all options are working fine.  Fingers crossed!

See, this is the weird thing. It works for some and not for others, which makes me wonder if it's some invisible setting on OUR side???? If something was wrong with the add on itself, then everything would be having the same problem. But we're not - works perfect in Chrome (and Edge) for some people, and not working for others. I have to uninstall and reinstall the add on every single time I open my Chrome browser, cos for some reason, it simply does not work at all when I close Chrome. I'm out of ideas. I looked through the chrome settings and couldn't find anything that may be causing the problems - all all my other extensions are working fine.  

Sevrin said:

marble said:

Same version of Edge and all options are working fine.  Fingers crossed!

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,752

Not sure if this was mentioned before but show only owned doesn't work anymore for me on Firefox.

Wonderland said:

Not sure if this was mentioned before but show only owned doesn't work anymore for me on Firefox.

And again, to echo the diversity of experience mentioned above, it seems to work for me in Firefox as well as Chrome but still not working in Edge. Only since the extension update though - it worked fine before the update (apart from my long-term issue with the back-button which doesn't work in any browser).

• The extension  seems to not be working in Chrome at all this morning, any reason why?

• JamieMJamieM Posts: 354

ShadowSkillz said:

The extension  seems to not be working in Chrome at all this morning, any reason why?

Try uninstalling the extension then reinstalling. (I'm doing it daily!)

For those of you keeping score at home, Edge just updated and the extension is working normally.  All the boxes and % sort are there.

• JamieM said:

ShadowSkillz said:

The extension  seems to not be working in Chrome at all this morning, any reason why?

Try uninstalling the extension then reinstalling. (I'm doing it daily!)

Sad to say that worked...never had to get that drastic before. 

• hjakehjake Posts: 816

Ati said:

Is this webp issue something in firefox? I use chrome, and I can save images as jpeg without doing anything extra.

Here is a fix for Firefox and webp (help from mr. internet):

Type Firefox address bar about:config to enter Firefox configuration settings then change or add:

image.http.accept    */*

From <https://superuser.com/questions/1496789/how-to-disable-support-for-webp-images-in-firefox#1497183>

If this was not enough then try:

image.webp.enabled = false

Sevrin said:

For those of you keeping score at home, Edge just updated and the extension is working normally.  All the boxes and % sort are there.

Still not working for me in Edge ... maybe mine is slow to update. I can't see how to force an Edge update. 

edited March 2021

Nope still not working - just checked the version and it seems that doing so triggers an update to Edge.

Microsoft EdgeVersion 89.0.774.50 (Official build) (64-bit)

Post edited by marble on