Announcing: Daz Deals Browser Add-on II

Comments

• JamieMJamieM Posts: 354

Ati said:

JamieM said:

I checked my wish list. The items I still get notifications for are not on there. 

Specific examples: 

UltraScenery - Landscape Features Volume 1

UltraScenery - Australia

Australia Botanica - Trees and Shrubs

Can you give me your email address in private? I'll check, although we don't log what gets added when.

( sent )

• I'm don't know if it's related, I got the add-on back working doing the uninstall reinstall, but lose it again when I close chrome.

I'm trying to troubleshoot assuming a change in Chrome or windows is causing the issue.

I noticed that Chrome now has a "Managed by Your Organization" under the settings that was never there before. (This is my home PC, Win10)

Looking through a search, the only way to remove it is going through the registry.

Not going that route but if it gives a clue as to troubleshooting the issue ...

Per How-toGeek:

"This is thanks to a change in Chrome 73. If a software program on your system has set enterprise policies that affect how Chrome works, you’ll see this message—even if it’s not fully managed by an organization."

My problem was of my own making.

Four items hadn't automatically vanished from my wish list when I purchased them - but I couldn't see them because the view defaulted to "Hide items I own".

Many thanks to Ati for giving up her time to help solve this.

• AtiAti Posts: 9,100

JamieM said:

His. :D 

Ati said:

JamieM said:

oops. Sorry!  

edited March 2021

Ati said:

JamieM said:

< double post deleted >
    <WHY does it do that???>

Post edited by JamieM on
  • dawnbladedawnblade Posts: 1,723

Sevrin said:

barbult said:

gitika1 said:

barbult said:

For me the Daz Deals extension failure in Chrome (which is still completely broken for me) started right after a Windows update. Maybe a coincidence, maybe not. I am running Windows 10 Home version 2004 (OS Build 19041.867). The update that was installed was KB5000802.

Daz Deals stopped working for me after the same update - KB5000802.  However, my windows version is Windows 10 Pro, 20H2, build 19042.867.  I wondered from the get-go if the Windows update had caused the issue, but no one else had mentioned it.

I thought about that timing with the Windows update for several days before mentioning it. Usually these things get resolved very quickly, and too many coments from the peanut gallery just cause confusion. But after several days and nothing getting resolved yet, I decided to mention that possibility. Maybe the update is related to why Ati and Overdrawn don't see the problem. 

FWIW, I am running Windows 10 Pro, 20H2, with KB5000802 and Build 19041.867, and Chrome and Edge are okay with Daz Deals.

I just updated Windows 10 Pro to 20H2, with KB5000802. Other than my build # being 19042.867, I still have to remove and reinstall the extension everytime I close Chrome, even if I keep the tab for Daz3d before closing Chrome.

• donovancolbertdonovancolbert Posts: 1,421

I seem to have lost the "Sort by wishlist" and other options when viewing the recent sales, in Chrome. I'll try uninstall and reinstall.

• 3D-GHDesign3D-GHDesign Posts: 678

In my Chrome settings I checked on the  "Continue where you left off"  thing, but still need to uninstall and reinstall Daz-Deals every time I open Chrome :(

3D-GHDesign said:

In my Chrome settings I checked on the  "Continue where you left off"  thing, but still need to uninstall and reinstall Daz-Deals every time I open Chrome :(

That setting does not seem to make a difference, unfortunately. I was hoping it would, since that's what I'm using, and the addon is working fine for me, but apparently that's not the winning difference. Both @Overdrawn and I are still waiting for it to break on our end. :(

• Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,823

I find it rather confusing that it's only some parts of the add on that isn't working, and it seems that it is different parts that works/are broken for different people. Which naturally jsut makes it harder to find what it wrong.

Something I did think of, though it may have been tested already and I missed it, is anti-virus programs. I do find it it odd that parts of the add on would work if it was an AV-program issue, but it's the only thing I've managed to think of so far.

I personally only have Microsoft Security Essentials (the one I used to have stopped working and I ended up uninstalling it months ago)

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301

Carola O said:

I find it rather confusing that it's only some parts of the add on that isn't working, and it seems that it is different parts that works/are broken for different people. Which naturally jsut makes it harder to find what it wrong.

Something I did think of, though it may have been tested already and I missed it, is anti-virus programs. I do find it it odd that parts of the add on would work if it was an AV-program issue, but it's the only thing I've managed to think of so far.

I personally only have Microsoft Security Essentials (the one I used to have stopped working and I ended up uninstalling it months ago)

That's my thinking, too.  People using the same OS version, and the same browser versions having different results points to some external source of the problem. 

In my case, I use AdBlock, and it's paused on daz3d.com.  I also use Malwarebytes Browser Guard, and that blocks trackers like Google Analytics and Facebook.

Anyway, it works for me.  DD settings attached.

Screenshot 2021-03-29 085317.jpg
    569 x 970 - 87K

Not everyone is using the same OS though, I'm on win7 while others have been on win10. But yeah.. I use AdBlock too and it's not paused on Daz, though I tested to turn it off when that came up in the discussion, and DD didn't work with that off either :(

• Ah, you fixed it! Working in Chome for me now.

Thank you very much.

davidjones8418 said:

Ah, you fixed it! Working in Chome for me now.

Thank you very much.

*Scratches head.* Well, we didn't do anything, so that just adds to the mystery. Did you change or update anything before it started working again?

davidjones8418 said:

Ah, you fixed it! Working in Chome for me now.

Thank you very much.

Still doesn't work for me (did the usual uninstall/install process), so I too would be interested to know what you did :) 

• SeraSera Posts: 1,675

Are the Invisible chair and Banana outfit discounts going to mess up the total library value feature on the orders page? Seems like a $1,000 item that I got for free might skew things.

certaintree38 said:

Are the Invisible chair and Banana outfit discounts going to mess up the total library value feature on the orders page? Seems like a $1,000 item that I got for free might skew things.

If they stay in the store at this price, then yes. I'm not sure what happens to them when April 1st is over. But they won't mess it up as much as the million-dollar item. :D

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943

The Chair is gone ... the Banana Suit is still up.

Is there a way to block the NFT promos?  I unsubbed from the Daz newsletter because of them.  It's not a big deal, but it would be nice.

Sevrin said:

Is there a way to block the NFT promos?  I unsubbed from the Daz newsletter because of them.  It's not a big deal, but it would be nice.

Which ones? The emails? We have no control over what emails you get from other sources. 

Ati said:

Sevrin said:

Which ones? The emails? We have no control over what emails you get from other sources. 

I mean the ones in the "New DAZ Promo" emails. 

Sevrin said:

Ati said:

Sevrin said:

I mean the ones in the "New DAZ Promo" emails. 

Ah, I see. Well, we don't know what they are until they're sent, really. There's no manual approval on them. (Hence the broken images now and then: when the source of the images changes, we don't allow them in the automatic emails for security reasons.) When they change, the notification goes out, even in the middle of the night.

At this point, that banner appears to be a banner like most others, which comes and goes. If it stays for longer, I could set up a flag that excludes that one for people who ask for it.

Understood.  Thanks. yes

Sevrin said:

Understood.  Thanks. yes

Let's see if it's still there after Easter. If it is, please remind me. :) 

• S.CaronS.Caron Posts: 10

@Ati.

Not sure if it was mentioned anywhere yet, but it seems related to my browser thinking that the storage_callbacks() function is not defined anywhere.  I'm not a jscript guy so I'm not sure where it actually is defined.  As the others stated, a reinstall of the extension, and it works fine with no errors until the browser is closed.

Currently running Brave Version 1.22.71 Chromium: 89.0.4389.114 (Official Build) (64-bit)

BraveDebug1.png
    1110 x 408 - 51K
    BraveDebug2.png
    573 x 148 - 17K
  • OverdrawnOverdrawn Posts: 567
    S.Caron said:

@Ati.

Not sure if it was mentioned anywhere yet, but it seems related to my browser thinking that the storage_callbacks() function is not defined anywhere.  I'm not a jscript guy so I'm not sure where it actually is defined.  As the others stated, a reinstall of the extension, and it works fine with no errors until the browser is closed.

Currently running Brave Version 1.22.71 Chromium: 89.0.4389.114 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Great find! What page were you on when you got that error? Both $ and storage_callbacks should load for all pages (from a globals.js file), and if they don't that would certainly break most things. :-/
  • S.CaronS.Caron Posts: 10

Overdrawn said:

S.Caron said:

@Ati.

Great find! What page were you on when you got that error? Both $ and storage_callbacks should load for all pages (from a globals.js file), and if they don't that would certainly break most things. :-/

The screen shots I posted earlier were for the $2.99 sales page back from a few days ago, however I did also seem to get the same error on pages like the Bonus Artist stores, etc. 

• jbowlerjbowler Posts: 748

S.Caron said:

The screen shots I posted earlier were for the $2.99 sales page back from a few days ago, however I did also seem to get the same error on pages like the Bonus Artist stores, etc. 

How do you get the error messages?  I have three machines which have shown the problem, I've re-installed on my primary machine but the other two, one Windows, one Linux (Gentoo) both still show the problem.  If I know how to get the debug log I can try on working and non-working systems.  I do sometimes see what appears to be the problem on my primary machine; sometimes the %-off sort and check box changes don't show when I go to the DAZ Productions "shop" page for the first time, but this seems to be a race condition (possibly with my Dashlane auto-login) because it disappears on a "refresh" of the page.

jbowler said:

S.Caron said:

How do you get the error messages?  I have three machines which have shown the problem, I've re-installed on my primary machine but the other two, one Windows, one Linux (Gentoo) both still show the problem.  If I know how to get the debug log I can try on working and non-working systems.  I do sometimes see what appears to be the problem on my primary machine; sometimes the %-off sort and check box changes don't show when I go to the DAZ Productions "shop" page for the first time, but this seems to be a race condition (possibly with my Dashlane auto-login) because it disappears on a "refresh" of the page.

In most cases it's shift + control + I, and then the "Console" tab.