Introduce Yourself, Hello, my name is.....

Comments

• Hello Daz3DForums,

I am a new member and found this wonderful and fascinating site while doing a search on Google for 'background plates' 'green screen special effects' and 'virtual sets.'

I am a filmmaker based in Los Angeles and recently completed a horror-thriller feature film [Abandoned Dead] set for release on video-on-demand and Pay Per View this coming January. What few  effects used were done with SFX makeup, prosthetics, and good old ingenuity!  (No CG, animation or green screen).

Now I would like to learn more about the green screen process, digital compositing and the technique of creating virtual sets and then using actual actors in front of a green screen, into later which the virtual backdrop or set will be placed and the keying process implemented.

My first question is likely to be rather elementary and obvious, but it is this: It appears most of the 3D packages here are used for gaming and poser applications that are more for a virtual world like Second Life. Can the same packages be used to create a virtual backdrop or be integrated into a live-action film, and if so, how might I learn the process and techniques by which it can be done?

For instance, shooting live actors in front of a green screen and dropping in a background like:

Interrogation - Cross-Examination Room
    http://www.daz3d.com/cross-examination-room

I saw one film online that really impressed me:

"Memorium" Short Film HD
    https://vimeo.com/41759561

Behind Scenes
    https://vimeo.com/74325441

If anyone here can help guide me in researching the processes and techniques involved and to answer my most basic question, that being if the packages offered can be effectively utilized in live action green screen integration that would be great!

Thanks in Advance

Mark W. Curran - Nightwatcher Films - Los Angeles ['Abandoned Dead''

• mwcurran said:
    My first question is likely to be rather elementary and obvious, but it is this: It appears most of the 3D packages here are used for gaming and poser applications that are more for a virtual world like Second Life. Can the same packages be used to create a virtual backdrop or be integrated into a live-action film, and if so, how might I learn the process and techniques by which it can be done?

For instance, shooting live actors in front of a green screen and dropping in a background like:

That would be possible, but you would almost certainly want to use real furniture - trying to integrate filme actors with the mdoelled furniture would be more work - so it might well be best to find a room you could dress appropriately. Virtual sets come into their own when you need a setting too large, elaborate, inaccessible, or physically impossible to find in the real world.

• Yes, would definately want to use real furniture in the foreground. Are these plates in Poser and the packages for sale able to be integrated easily into

green screen setups? I've seen so many films using these techniques now, was wondering if anyone here had any input?

• skotskot Posts: 9

Hi everyone. 

I haven't used DAZ in about 3-4 years and had a question about the Genesis 2 Female.

Once upon a time there was a product called She-Freak, Is there an equivalent to that for the Gen2 female?

I've tried searching for something or a combination of products that might get me there but none seems like it would be as extreme as what i'm looking for.

Any help would be appreciated .

Thanks,

Skot

PS: I like comics, action movies, cartoons and art... I mostly work in Maya and render in Keyshot.

• Hello everyone on DAZ 3D Forums. I'm Kaleikuiha & let me tell you a little about me. Back in college (Fall of 1994) I took afew art classes & drafting plus a 3D Modeling class using the Mac. It was an ok programm for the time but it was more like a lath in shop class back in high school. Well I ened up going to another college & I got a hold of yet another 3D graphics & design class but this time I was using 3D Studio. It was great! It reminded me of using CAD back in High School in drafting class. The programm was very user freindly.. well atleast to me. I made huge progress using it & all of my side projects that I was doing on my own was then used by my teacher to use it in her classes to show how to make quick easy films & ad's that I've made. It was also to show the class that with effort they too can create a mass amount of projects & still do the class assigned work. Then later I got in yet another 3D modeling classes (first with Dr. Sharron Ford then with Dr. Sharron Brown) which i worked on 3D Studio MAX on the Mac.

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,315

Hi everyone. 

I haven't used DAZ in about 3-4 years and had a question about the Genesis 2 Female.

Once upon a time there was a product called She-Freak, Is there an equivalent to that for the Gen2 female?

I've tried searching for something or a combination of products that might get me there but none seems like it would be as extreme as what i'm looking for.

Any help would be appreciated .

Thanks,

Skot

PS: I like comics, action movies, cartoons and art... I mostly work in Maya and render in Keyshot.

If you check the "Perfect Warrior" section in my gallery you will find a character I created using the Genesis 2 Female body morphs and the Muscularity Morphs for G2F.  Most of the renders have links to the products.  The figure was created using the body morphs and I then beefed up her arm muscles using the muscularity set. You can create your own she freak to your tastes using the two sets of morphs.

Alternatively, Rawart does an amazon morph which is something like she freak.

Cheers,

Alex.

• AtiAti Posts: 9,082

Hi everyone! I'm Ati, from Hungary. I've been around for a little over 2 months, and still have not given up, so I guess I'll be using DAZ quite a bit. :)

I'm an IT guy, with no background in art or graphics. I've always admired people with artistic skills, imagining what I could do if I would be able to draw like that... and then I came across DAZ Studio, and I'm finally able to do all that I had been dreaming about. It opens up so much potential, I'm still overwhelmed... :)

I'm using a combination of DAZ Studio and Unity 5 to create short videos, and one-frame still images. Both for creating new content, and enriching my existing projects with new graphics.

I realize that I have a LOT to learn, and this forum has been a great source of help so far.

Let's have fun! :)

Ati

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    Ati2 said:

Hi everyone! I'm Ati, from Hungary. I've been around for a little over 2 months, and still have not given up, so I guess I'll be using DAZ quite a bit. :)

I'm an IT guy, with no background in art or graphics. I've always admired people with artistic skills, imagining what I could do if I would be able to draw like that... and then I came across DAZ Studio, and I'm finally able to do all that I had been dreaming about. It opens up so much potential, I'm still overwhelmed... :)

I'm using a combination of DAZ Studio and Unity 5 to create short videos, and one-frame still images. Both for creating new content, and enriching my existing projects with new graphics.

I realize that I have a LOT to learn, and this forum has been a great source of help so far.

Ati

Welcome     

With that combo  have you come across this site yet   https://www.morph3d.com/

Chohole said:
    Ati2 said:

Ati

Welcome     

With that combo  have you come across this site yet   https://www.morph3d.com/

Yes. In fact, I believe that was the site that got me to Daz. :)

• ChillinChillin Posts: 1

Derp!

• Hi.

My name is Martin.  I've just started using DAZ Studio, and I love it! I'm looking forward to creating some comic characters I've been working on for several years. I can't draw at all, DAZ Studio is a great way to bring my creations to life. 

I got DAZ Studio to work on my old computer, but I have a question for someone. I rendered my first picture I the highest quality. It took 40 minutes to do so. I still looked grainy. Do I need a better graphics card? Fast processor? Thanks.

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,315

Hi.

My name is Martin.  I've just started using DAZ Studio, and I love it! I'm looking forward to creating some comic characters I've been working on for several years. I can't draw at all, DAZ Studio is a great way to bring my creations to life. 

I got DAZ Studio to work on my old computer, but I have a question for someone. I rendered my first picture I the highest quality. It took 40 minutes to do so. I still looked grainy. Do I need a better graphics card? Fast processor? Thanks.

Welcome, Martin.  I have the same basic issue you do, I have very little talent for drawing or painting so DAZ Studio allows me an outlet for my artistic aspirations.

As for your grainy image problem, which render engine are you using, 3delight or Iray?  If it's Iray, I would suggest increasing the max time secs parameter to something more sensible than the default. A faster processor should improve your render speed and an Nvidia graphics card will make a major difference if you're using Iray.  Neither of these things will improve your image quality.

Cheers,

Alex.

• Hi I'm Timothy Burkett I'm pretty new to the 3D scene a lot of things can inspire me from other movies, pictures, real life events and people. My dream is to one day make an Animation movie or series maybe both like Appleseed.

Hi I'm Timothy Burkett I'm pretty new to the 3D scene a lot of things can inspire me from other movies, pictures, real life events and people. My dream is to one day make an Animation movie or series maybe both like Appleseed.

Welcome! You'll love it here! :)

• redratcrawfordredratcrawford Posts: 1
    edited August 2015

Hi my name's Crawford and I like to draw and I'm primary a digital artist and never touched 3d programs before and I thought that I could lean to use daz3d as another art tool at my disposal for drawing such as mocking up scenes and planning value paintings.

I hope to learn alot from the forums.

Post edited by redratcrawford on
  • JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891

Welcome Crawford!

I look forward to seeing you on the Froums.   The New Users Forum can be particularly helprful for people just starting out

I hope you enjoy the experience.

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,151

Welcome, everyone.  Please do ask questions if you have them.  

• MjvolMjvol Posts: 93
    mwcurran said:

Hello Daz3DForums,

I am a new member and found this wonderful and fascinating site while doing a search on Google for 'background plates' 'green screen special effects' and 'virtual sets.'

I am a filmmaker based in Los Angeles and recently completed a horror-thriller feature film [Abandoned Dead] set for release on video-on-demand and Pay Per View this coming January. What few  effects used were done with SFX makeup, prosthetics, and good old ingenuity!  (No CG, animation or green screen).

Now I would like to learn more about the green screen process, digital compositing and the technique of creating virtual sets and then using actual actors in front of a green screen, into later which the virtual backdrop or set will be placed and the keying process implemented.

I saw one film online that really impressed me:

"Memorium" Short Film HD
    https://vimeo.com/41759561

Behind Scenes
    https://vimeo.com/74325441

If anyone here can help guide me in researching the processes and techniques involved and to answer my most basic question, that being if the packages offered can be effectively utilized in live action green screen integration that would be great!

Thanks in Advance

Mark W. Curran - Nightwatcher Films - Los Angeles ['Abandoned Dead''

Hello my name is Mjvol, I checked out the sites that you posted , very well done, espeially the video. of "Memorium, that was very suspencefull . Now did you do those ? They are superb.  Anyway nice to meet you.

mwcurran said:

• esukiloesukilo Posts: 1

Hello, my name is Esuki and I don't speak english but I understand. I'm getting to know 3D now and I'm a braziliam girl.

Welcome to the forums esukilo

You will find a lot of useful information on the New Users Forum, hope to see you there soon.

• 3D2G3D2G Posts: 12

Hi, my name is Gina and I'm very new to the 3D software world. As an artist, I wanted a way where I could recreate my orginal character and use as models. I think I made a good decision with daz3d as it is free and I've been making some progress to my desired goal. I have a LOT to learn and sometimes it can be overwhelming but I know I will stick with it and really get the full use out of this neat program. :)

Welcome to the forums Gina, and I hope you enjoy your stay!

If you need any help, please ask in the New Users Forum, there is always someone there to help you.

• 3D2G3D2G Posts: 12

Welcome to the forums Gina, and I hope you enjoy your stay!

If you need any help, please ask in the New Users Forum, there is always someone there to help you.

Thanks, Jimmy!

edited September 2015

Newbie here! My name is Ashley

Hello Ashley, welcome on board! :)

Post edited by Ati on
  • Newbie here! My name is Ashley

Hello Ashley, I hope you have found the New Users Forum.   Please drop in there with any questions you may have, and welcome to the forums!

• Hi my name is Sonja.  Just loaded Daz two days ago.  Really excited about the possibilities.  I'm a huge fantasty sci fi lover and want to use the 3d work in photo shop and merge the 3d and the 2d digital drawing and painting in my work ( Its not really work, for me its just something I really like to do.  Maybe someday I can turn it into work lol) For now, I have to keep my day job and use this to unwind and be creative with.  Love to read, my favorite books are zombie/apocolopse fiction with a healthy dose of sci fi and fantasy thrown in.  Love the outdoors, camping, hiking etc.  Am very much interested in being as healthy as I can be and that includes doing fun things like working with this kind of thing.

• Hi my name is Lin. I know how to use Photoshop and now I want to make 3D stuff.

I could barely find tuturials in Chinese, so I found this forum.

My daily job is international sales so my English is OK, I think.

It would be fantastic if I could get friends here.

Hi my name is Sonja.  Just loaded Daz two days ago.  Really excited about the possibilities.  I'm a huge fantasty sci fi lover and want to use the 3d work in photo shop and merge the 3d and the 2d digital drawing and painting in my work ( Its not really work, for me its just something I really like to do.  Maybe someday I can turn it into work lol) For now, I have to keep my day job and use this to unwind and be creative with.  Love to read, my favorite books are zombie/apocolopse fiction with a healthy dose of sci fi and fantasy thrown in.  Love the outdoors, camping, hiking etc.  Am very much interested in being as healthy as I can be and that includes doing fun things like working with this kind of thing.

Welcome, Sonja! Sounds like you're going to have a lot of fun here! :)

• fanlin said:

Hi my name is Lin. I know how to use Photoshop and now I want to make 3D stuff.

Welcome Lin.   There is a lot of free content that comes with DAZ Studio, make sure you download that as well.

If you are having any problems, please feel free to ask on the New Users Forum, and we'll be happy to help.

• fanlin said:

Hi my name is Lin. I know how to use Photoshop and now I want to make 3D stuff.

Hello, Lin, and welcome to the world of DAZ Studio.  Your English is better than a lot of English folk I work with every day!

Cheers,

Alex.