Sales thread: Report Issues Here. & "There's Always Another Sale™"

Comments

• 31415926543141592654 Posts: 968
    edited October 2020

One item, by Fugazi, does get the 50% off effect, so it may indeed need updated ... and that was from another category.

EDIT: Yes, fugazi seems to be included as another item received the discount.

Post edited by 3141592654 on
  • L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    jakiblue said:

I'm wondering if this is the case.  The items in that select items section have been there all week I think, and most are DO's anyway and are 81% off to start with. And I don't think the coupon means get an EXTRA 50% off....I think it's just plain 50% off up to 5 items. I don't think the section has been updated. 

EXTRA-FIFTY seems not to work. Or the products which work have not been updated yet?

The items in that category definitely have different prices than previously. When they were five for $1.99/$5.00 for members/non-members with qualifying purchase, everything in the list was set to $7.00.

• Apparently "EXTRA-FIFTY" works with Friends of the Sale, the PA catalogs at the bottom of the promo page.

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

well, thank you, and now I am done with the sale cos I now have no money left!!! laughcheeky 

Apparently "EXTRA-FIFTY" works with Friends of the Sale, the PA catalogs at the bottom of the promo page.

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,151

Reporting.

DarkS474 said:

How comes this bundle is not discounted right now while the individual items it contains are discounted? https://www.daz3d.com/ultimate-make-up-fantasy-sets-bundle

The issue is that buying the individual discounted items and then paying the discounted Interactive License on each one would cost more than buying the not-discounted bundle adding the license?

It just doesn't make any sense for anyone that would need the Interactive License.

I would suggest a ticket to ask Customer Service on that.

• DarkS474DarkS474 Posts: 149
    DarkS474 said:

How comes this bundle is not discounted right now while the individual items it contains are discounted? https://www.daz3d.com/ultimate-make-up-fantasy-sets-bundle

The issue is that buying the individual discounted items and then paying the discounted Interactive License on each one would cost more than buying the not-discounted bundle adding the license?

It just doesn't make any sense for anyone that would need the Interactive License.

I would suggest a ticket to ask Customer Service on that.

Ok, thanks. I just sent a message thru the help ticket system.

Things are being fixed. The coupon, indeed, is meant to work wtih selections from the PA stores in the Friends of the Sale section. An extra 50%.

• SylvanSylvan Posts: 2,693

So the EXTRA-FIFTY wasn't meant for the "friends of the sale" category to work? I already spend the coupon on that category and it's a one time use *oops*
    I had my discount one way or the other so no complaints here though :D

Sylvan said:

So the EXTRA-FIFTY wasn't meant for the "friends of the sale" category to work? I already spend the coupon on that category and it's a one time use *oops*

You can also contact Customer Service.

• SylvanSylvan Posts: 2,693
    Sylvan said:

You can also contact Customer Service.

Ah it seems that the "friends of the sale" category was the right one afterall :) They changed the text.

• Things are being fixed. The coupon, indeed, is meant to work wtih selections from the PA stores in the Friends of the Sale section. An extra 50%.

I see the updated sale page now shows the coupon as working on the Friends of the Sale stuff. Awesome! Gonna snag some great deals today. :)

However, eight of those PA items are also part of the PC+ for a Day selection. I just spent a solid hour trying to figure out why adding five Friends items to my cart caused the coupon to break; it was because FeralFey is part of the Friends sale and I had the Ballroom Dance poses, a PC+FAD item, already in my cart and counting toward the total. Anyone buying one or more of those items will run into the same problem. Having items be part of two sales at once is confusing at best and I nearly dumped my cart out of frustration until I realized what the problem was.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,434

Where is the Unity Bridge? Even when I fill out the form on the Unity Bridge page it just kicks me back to my account and I can't find the Unity Bridge.

• AtiAti Posts: 9,097

Where is the Unity Bridge? Even when I fill out the form on the Unity Bridge page it just kicks me back to my account and I can't find the Unity Bridge.

https://www.daz3d.com/daz-to-unity-bridge

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,849

I have been trying to figure out if a 9 point light set is included in https://www.daz3d.com/the-magical-8-point-light-set--part-2--daz-studio-tutorial, and tried to check the Read Me file list, except there is only a place holder. The other two products in the 3-part tutorial have Read Me file lists. Does anyone have an idea if lights are included? Or are we showed how to create our own?

• DripDrip Posts: 1,153
    edited October 2020

I just spent an hour figuring out why I could only add 4 artist items for the coupon, then I decided to just go through the *entire* artist items list and compare it to what I already had in my cart from other categories, and found the problem: I added Iray Snow, Ice and Ash earlier from the Awesome Daz Original Legacy page, which is no longer linked to from the main page, but for some reason still exists with working discounts (no, I'm not linking it, as it might not be intended).

Okay, back to juggling discounts I guess.

Edit: I found a few similar cases in the Platinum for a Day category, like the Private Eye Bundle by ShlosWerks. So for people wondering why their coupon code suddenly disappeared from the checkout screen, or why they can add less than five items before it disappears: you may have added some qualifying things from other categories already.

Post edited by Drip on
  • SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301

I have been trying to figure out if a 9 point light set is included in https://www.daz3d.com/the-magical-8-point-light-set--part-2--daz-studio-tutorial, and tried to check the Read Me file list, except there is only a place holder. The other two products in the 3-part tutorial have Read Me file lists. Does anyone have an idea if lights are included? Or are we showed how to create our own?

My guess is that it's the being shown how to make our own thing.  There are no DS files in the packages.  I did find the Part 2 readme though.

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/73305/start

• I have been trying to figure out if a 9 point light set is included in https://www.daz3d.com/the-magical-8-point-light-set--part-2--daz-studio-tutorial, and tried to check the Read Me file list, except there is only a place holder. The other two products in the 3-part tutorial have Read Me file lists. Does anyone have an idea if lights are included? Or are we showed how to create our own?

No, just the tutorial. 

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,849

Thanks Sevrin. I guess posting here alerted them to it missing! I have made my purchases for the day, so I will keep it under consideration for tomorrow or another sale.

I have no issue with creating my own lights, do it often. It was a series of posts in one of Novica's early threads that helped me get over my complete fear of doing that.

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,755

I think this tops the list of most confusing sale ever. This will definitely need three cups of coffee. Woke up early this morning, started filling my cart and it wore me out to the point I fell back asleep into an amazingly long lucid dream and slept in REALLY late. Who knew Daz sales were good for inducing lucid dreams? I used to get them a lot in college when cramming for exams. I guess Daz sales have the same effect on the brain! 

Well, all of a sudden the EXTRA-FIFTY coupon stopped working...

I can't test it, because I've already used it. Maybe some others who haven't used it yet can confirm it's not working for them…?

L'Adair said:

I can't test it, because I've already used it. Maybe some others who haven't used it yet can confirm it's not working for them…?

Figured it out. It’s Dreamlight’s Fog PC for a day item that breaks it...

L'Adair said:

Figured it out. It’s Dreamlight’s Fog PC for a day item that breaks it...

Yay! Sort of. I guess you can get the PC+/Day item in a separate cart.

• Continuing the theme of this sale being stupidly confusing: can anyone explain why the 8-Point Magical Lighting Tutorials are not showing up at their listed prices?

Cart 1-2-3.png
    1803 x 1901 - 352K
    Cart Advertisment.png
    1824 x 970 - 1M

Continuing the theme of this sale being stupidly confusing: can anyone explain why the 8-Point Magical Lighting Tutorials are not showing up at their listed prices?

It’s past turnover time and the new day’s sales are not showing up yet. The sale prices are from yesterday and it’s not clear what the prices for today will be yet. And it always takes time for the store to “settle” after turnover. 

Yeah, only front page splash shows new sale, the sale page is unchanged for me.

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,791

Continuing the theme of this sale being stupidly confusing: can anyone explain why the 8-Point Magical Lighting Tutorials are not showing up at their listed prices?

It’s past turnover time and the new day’s sales are not showing up yet. The sale prices are from yesterday and it’s not clear what the prices for today will be yet. And it always takes time for the store to “settle” after turnover. 

Yeah, but it's Friday night and all the little DAZ web programers need their sleep. 

This discussion has been closed.