Sales thread: Report Issues Here. & "There's Always Another Sale™"

19596979899101»

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,033
    edited November 2020
    Diomede said:

I bought the tutorial series How to Make your own Comic.

This is not a complaint about the tutorial series content or presenter.

The download is typical of tutorials in that it is a series of MP4 files.  Some, but not all, of the MP4s play on my default Windows Movies TV app.  Others are giving me a missing Codec error that says the codec must be bought through the Windows store.  

Daz, what are you doing?  Why format some MP4s to work with default MP4 player, but not all?

angry

That's a PA product, so Daz most probably has nothing to do with the format the videos are in.

Post edited by Leana on
  • Joe WebbJoe Webb Posts: 837

With all the chaos and confusion about the store I have one big complaint - I'm spending way too much money. I got I don't know how many bundles and a lot of stuff otherwise on my wishlist. 

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,083
    edited November 2020
    Leana said:
    Diomede said:

The download is typical of tutorials in that it is a series of MP4 files.  Some, but not all, of the MP4s play on my default Windows Movies TV app.  Others are giving me a missing Codec error that says the codec must be bought through the Windows store.  

Daz, what are you doing?  Why format some MP4s to work with default MP4 player, but not all?

angry

That's a PA product, so Daz most probably has nothing to do with the format the videos are in.

I do appreciate the distinction, but Q/A would have to play the videos, wouldn't they?  There would be a flag that not all the videos play on the default Windows MP4 player without a codec that costs extra, wouldn't they?  Even if I am in the wrong on this, I vent, I am venting, I will have vented.  sad

Post edited by Diomede on
  • Diomede said:
    Leana said:
    Diomede said:

angry

I do appreciate the distinction, but Q/A would have to play the videos, wouldn't they?  There would be a flag that not all the videos play on the default Windows MP4 player without a codec that costs extra, wouldn't they?  Even if I am in the wrong on this, I vent, I am venting, I will have vented.  sad

If I remember right you need the MPEG-2 codec which Microsoft no longer installs by default however it's a freebie from the windows store and other places

• SempieSempie Posts: 651
    edited November 2020
    Diomede said:
    Leana said:
    Diomede said:

angry

Do you know the free VLC-mediaplayer? That plays just about everything...(I never use the windows player. It sucks eggs...)

Post edited by Sempie on
  • Sempie said:
    Diomede said:
    Leana said:
    Diomede said:

angry

Do you know the free VLC-mediaplayer? That plays just about everything...

And it's better than the default windows player as it includes the codecs missing from windows

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,750

Thanks, so Anubis is the outfit, and I am good to go when it is on sale (I Hope!).

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,083
    Sempie said:
    Diomede said:
    Leana said:
    Diomede said:

angry

Do you know the free VLC-mediaplayer? That plays just about everything...(I never use the windows player. It sucks eggs...)

Thank you, Sempie and Robert.  I installed VLC-mediaplayer and can play the tutorials.  yes

This discussion has been closed.