Sales thread: Report Issues Here. & "There's Always Another Sale™"

Comments

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,783

Just a thank you, it worked! GIMME-MORE on my top three items in my cart. Took a chunk of cash off. Thank you Daz. Because I have all the Pro Bundles the other offers are empty for me, but this was nice.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,066
    edited November 2020

I'm sure DAZ is aware of this, but the PC+ monthly membership coupons (""PlatClub, ""Save6) are not working again.  They were last night, so I know they did work, and I have not used either of them yet.  Thank you!

I'm sure DAZ is aware of this, but the PC+ monthly membership coupons (""PlatClub, ""Save6) are not working again.  They were last night, so I know they did work, and I have not used either of them yet.  Thank you!

Can you show your cart(s)? We were able to get them working, so would have to see what you were specifically trying to buy.

Sorry it took so long to reply.  Impossible feat trying to screen capture and upload a HD photo from an iPad.

Since I'm not a forum guru, I'm not sure if this is going to show as a photo or a link: (Hopefully this file shows)

Your cart is mostly PC for a day / PFAD repeats. Coupons don't work with PFAD, same as with Fast Grab.

Post edited by Leana on
  • gniiialgniiial Posts: 204

You mean with 

mwokee said:
    SPECIALER-GIFT does not work. I tried it with the two newest items in the store so there would be no mistake.

7.jpg
    1540 x 600 - 127K
  • "Extra" discount for PC+ Members is not working. The discount applied equals the amount specified, but it is not added on top of the regular discount, as would "extra" imply. Please fix it or remove the misleading "extra".

Currently, the discount applies as the text would have been:
    PC+ Members: get 20% OFF.
    but it states:
    PC+ Members: get an EXTRA 20% OFF.

screenshot.png
    1224 x 250 - 41K
    screenshot02.png
    2065 x 595 - 90K
  • I'm sure DAZ is aware of this, but the PC+ monthly membership coupons (""PlatClub, ""Save6) are not working again.  They were last night, so I know they did work, and I have not used either of them yet.  Thank you!

Can you show your cart(s)? We were able to get them working, so would have to see what you were specifically trying to buy.

Sorry it took so long to reply.  Impossible feat trying to screen capture and upload a HD photo from an iPad.

Since I'm not a forum guru, I'm not sure if this is going to show as a photo or a link: (Hopefully this file shows)

RE:  I know new items, PC+ items, and Fast Grab items don't apply. 

Leana said:

Your cart is mostly PC for a day / PFAD repeats. Coupons don't work with PFAD, same as with Fast Grab.

Thanks!  I looked, but wasn't sure.  Usually I get it right, but sometimes I screw up on that one.  I apologize for the inconvenience, but appreciate the help!  Thank you again!

• actually I bought 2 PC+ items and a DAZ original with GIMME-MORE using a new PC+ the first day it appeared 

so it does work just not with new. or PC+ for the day

• grabiobot said:

"Extra" discount for PC+ Members is not working. The discount applied equals the amount specified, but it is not added on top of the regular discount, as would "extra" imply. Please fix it or remove the misleading "extra".

but it states:

Non PC Members get an extra 10%, PC members get an extra 20% - it's two different discounts, depending on which group you are in.

• grabiobot said:

"Extra" discount for PC+ Members is not working. The discount applied equals the amount specified, but it is not added on top of the regular discount, as would "extra" imply. Please fix it or remove the misleading "extra".

but it states:

Non PC Members get an extra 10%, PC members get an extra 20% - it's two different discounts, depending on which group you are in.

That is my point too, but i do not get extra 20%. I get exactly 20%.

•  

Leana said:

I really don't understand why some people expect Daz to give them more coupons because it says "gifts and savings all weekend".
    I've never, ever seen anywhere a commercial blurb saying "offer valid all weekend, one-use only" meaning "one use each day". That offer does exactly what it says, which is giving you a coupon you can use once throughout the weekend. The other deals are also valid all weekend.

Would it be nice if it worked multiple times? No doubt. But again, it does exactly what was advertised.

Not difficult to understand really...Going off how it was worded it could easily have mean't what they hoped it mean't.

grabiobot said:
    grabiobot said:

but it states:

Can you show an example? 

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,478
    edited November 2020

I keep getting told the GIMME-MORE coupon works... well, this  is at least the 20th time I've tried, and this is what I get no matter what i put in my cart. I went back over the 4 orders I've completed since the big weekend make it up to you love fest, and I have not used the coupon for what I've purchased. 1st one was the Starter Bundle FREE SPECIAL-GIFT. 2nd was the FREE Pro Bundle Coupon Code: SPECIALER-GIFT. 3rd was the 50% off G8 Pro Bundle. 4th I purchased  3 $1.99 items and a debut item.  And NO --I'm not submitting a ticket. it is i don;t buy the stuff. My loss but shouldn't have to jump through hoops to buy something. I'm done trying it. 

These are random items I made sure were not new and not sure if part of another promo, but popped 3 in cart with 1 new debut item. 

GIMME-MORE1.jpg
    1425 x 609 - 103K
    Post edited by daveso on
  • Leana said:
    grabiobot said:
    grabiobot said:

but it states:

Can you show an example? 

Sure

screenshot02.png
    2065 x 595 - 90K
    edited November 2020
    grabiobot said:
    Leana said:
    grabiobot said:
    grabiobot said:

but it states:

Can you show an example? 

Sure

That is correct discount.

Did you expect to get both the extra 10% and the extra 20%? Because that's not what it meant, the "extra" is regarding other discounts, not regarding the offer  for non-members.

Non-members get extra 10%, members get extra 20% instead.

Post edited by Leana on
  • WandWWandW Posts: 2,791
    Leana said:
    grabiobot said:
    grabiobot said:

but it states:

Can you show an example? 

I see what they are saying; non-menbers get 10% off, so an "Extra" 20% off for PC+ members would total 28% off...

WandW said:
    Leana said:
    grabiobot said:
    grabiobot said:

but it states:

Can you show an example? 

I see what they are saying; non-menbers get 10% off, so an "Extra" 20% off for PC+ members would total 28% off...

Non-members get "extra 10% off", not just 10%. The "extra" is in relation to other offers.

• Leana said:
    grabiobot said:
    Leana said:
    grabiobot said:
    grabiobot said:

but it states:

Can you show an example? 

Sure

Did you expect to get both the extra 10% and the extra 20%? Because that's not what it meant, the "extra" is regarding other discounts, not regarding the offer  for non-members.

What other discounts? There are only 2 possible situations: you are either a PC+ Member or not.

The text does not say: "PC+ Members: get 20% OFF.". It says "PC+ Members: get an EXTRA 20% OFF." (the extra is even all caps).

And that extra can only mean: in addition to non-PC+ Members. As these is the only possiblities (there aren't other types of membership). Right?

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,791
    edited November 2020
    Leana said:
    WandW said:
    Leana said:
    grabiobot said:
    grabiobot said:

but it states:

Can you show an example? 

Non-members get "extra 10% off", not just 10%. The "extra" is in relation to other offers.

The word "extra" shouldn't be in there in either case, as there is nothing "extra" about it, since discount offers generally don't apply to gift cards.

Sloppy copy writing....

PS; I bought a gift card a bit ago and didn't receive an email.  Hopefully I can look up the code in my order history... frown

Post edited by WandW on
    grabiobot said:
    Leana said:
    grabiobot said:
    Leana said:
    grabiobot said:
    grabiobot said:

but it states:

Can you show an example? 

Sure

What other discounts? There are only 2 possible situations: you are either a PC+ Member or not.

The text does not say: "PC+ Members: get 20% OFF.". It says "PC+ Members: get an EXTRA 20% OFF." (the extra is even all caps).

And that extra can only mean: in addition to non-PC+ Members. As these is the only possiblities (there aren't other types of membership). Right?

If you read carefully you'll see that non-members get EXTRA 10% off too.

"Other discounts" I mentioned are things like the PC discount, the one on items in "friends of the sale" category, the 50% off pro bundles, the GIMME-MORE coupon... There aren't any other discounts on GC, so you get 20%.

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,739
    grabiobot said:
    grabiobot said:

but it states:

Daz English again. "Extra" should not have been included. Otherwise, the discount on Daz Originals (which includes Gift Cards and PC+ memberships going by the ad copy) is 45%. Thus, we would expect---if we were ignorant of Daz's language barrier---forty-five percent off and another twenty percent off the difference. This is not the case because it's Daz English. It MIGHT mean what it says, but it probably doesn't.

edited November 2020
    WandW said:
    Leana said:
    WandW said:
    Leana said:
    grabiobot said:
    grabiobot said:

but it states:

Can you show an example? 

The word "extra" shouldn't be in there in either case, as there is nothing "extra" about it, since discount offers generally don't apply to gift cards.

Sloppy copy writing....

PS; I bought a gift card a bit ago and didn't receive an email.  Hopefully I can look up the code in my order history... frown

It's an offer on DAZ Originals, not just on gift cards. For gift cards there's nothing else to combine it with, but for regular DO there are several discounts.

Post edited by Leana on
    edited November 2020
    grabiobot said:

but it states:

You mean, you want 30% off instead of 20?! laugh

daveso said:

I keep getting told the GIMME-MORE coupon works... well, this  is at least the 20th time I've tried, and this is what I get no matter what i put in my cart. I went back over the 4 orders I've completed since the big weekend make it up to you love fest, and I have not used the coupon for what I've purchased. 1st one was the Starter Bundle FREE SPECIAL-GIFT. 2nd was the FREE Pro Bundle Coupon Code: SPECIALER-GIFT. 3rd was the 50% off G8 Pro Bundle. 4th I purchased  3 $1.99 items and a debut item.  And NO --I'm not submitting a ticket. it is i don;t buy the stuff. My loss but shouldn't have to jump through hoops to buy something. I'm done trying it. 

These are random items I made sure were not new and not sure if part of another promo, but popped 3 in cart with 1 new debut item. 

>>>> Buy any Debut or Still New Release to get <<<<

an EXTRA 60% OFF*¥ 3 items of your choice with Coupon Code: GIMME-MORE

You are missing the Items that make it work!!! You have to buy something from Debut OR New Release too!!! 

Put this in your cart and try again:

https://www.daz3d.com/fun-gun-war-poses-for-genesis-8

Post edited by gniiial on
    gniiial said:

You are missing the Items that make it work!!! You have to buy something from Debut OR New Release too!!! 

Actually Caramel for G8F is debut new, so it should work.

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,478
    Leana said:
    gniiial said:

yes, new debut today

• xyer0 said:
    grabiobot said:
    grabiobot said:

but it states:

Daz English again. "Extra" should not have been included. Otherwise, the discount on Daz Originals (which includes Gift Cards and PC+ memberships going by the ad copy) is 45%. Thus, we would expect---if we were ignorant of Daz's language barrier---forty-five percent off and another twenty percent off the difference. This is not the case because it's Daz English. It MIGHT mean what it says, but it probably doesn't.

I can't agree, this is plain English with no special rules or by-laws required.

daveso said:
    Leana said:
    gniiial said:

yes, new debut today

I just tried while not logged in (since I already used the coupon), the GIMME-MORE coupon works for me with those items.

Did you copy or type the code?

• daveso said:

Does it work if you swap the PC item for another? They are not listed as an exlclusion, so if that is the obstacle I'd open a support ticket with your original cart attached, but it's possible that they are excluded (not that 20% off a PC item is riches anyway).

Btw, i found another really strange behavior of the shop. That buggs me even more, than the sitation with 1.99 $ and the extra discounts that may (or may not) have been a good thing to do... 
    Wait for it:

https://www.daz3d.com/shop/#filter_vendor=Daz Originals&amp;order=percentoff^1&amp;filtered=1

So, you all have the page, i only filter DAZ Originals here! Found this one i'm looking at and it winks at me really bad, it's like flirting with me:

https://www.daz3d.com/predatron-light-truck

Now the point i try to make:

How can this be found as a DAZ Original, mentioning only Predatron (which is ALSO friend of a sale & the item is PC+ for a day) and has NO DAZ Sign on it?! What is wrong with this picture and the fact that not even the 20% work for this item?! Like i said as the new items came up today, the whole PC+ for a day where reduced with the DAZ Originals discount. Now this thing pops up inside Daz Original filtering... You know what i am try to indicate here?! There is something off totally and it is no wonder the Shop cannot handle this strange and odd matchup at some point, when an exeption could not get a grip on things. I mean how can this item be a Daz Original in the first place?! Or is it a "hidden Daz Original" for the time being "friend of a sale" or the time being "Pc+ for a day"?! 

What is really going on here?! coolsad

• grabiobotgrabiobot Posts: 5
    edited November 2020
    gniiial said:
    grabiobot said:

but it states:

You mean, you want 30% off instead of 20?! laugh

daveso said:

>>>> Buy any Debut or Still New Release to get <<<<

an EXTRA 60% OFF*¥ 3 items of your choice with Coupon Code: GIMME-MORE

Put this in your cart and try again:

https://www.daz3d.com/fun-gun-war-poses-for-genesis-8

The discount on Gift Cards was 30% when the storepocalypse started and this sale today states "To show our appreciation for your patience during this week;s site upgrade, please enjoy special gifts and extra savings all weekend.". Still the discount on gift cards was less than the discount on the gift card i had in my cart when all this stated. 28% would have made sense as it would been at least close to what it was.

Post edited by grabiobot on
    gniiial said:

What is really going on here?! coolsad

There's a known issue with the vendor filter for Daz Originals, it seems to see all items as such.

I think this link works properly if you want only DO: https://www.daz3d.com/daz-originals

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,158

I'm still getting again today the "coupon code is not valid" same as yesterday on on both offers. I guess its not meant to be

Get a Select Genesis, Genesis 2 or Genesis 3 Starter Bundle absolutely FREE*
    with Coupon Code: SPECIAL-GIFT

Buy 2 or more Debut or Still New Releases to get
    a Select Genesis, Genesis 2 or Genesis 3 Pro Bundle for FREE* with Coupon Code: SPECIALER-GIFT

This discussion has been closed.