Sales thread: Report Issues Here. & "There's Always Another Sale™"

Comments

• colcurvecolcurve Posts: 145

11_20Save6 does not work on plat for a day items?

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,065
    colcurve said:

11_20Save6 does not work on plat for a day items?

No, and that's intended. 

• jjmainorjjmainor Posts: 480
    jjmainor said:
    xyer0 said:

Working for me.

Where do you even see those choices? When I click to see the “legacy” items it goes to yesterday’s PCFAD items and the coupon doesn’t work. 

Link at top of page. Took me there. https://www.daz3d.com/legacy-grab-bag

OK. The problem was that the link was incorrect, and it took me to PFAD products.

The Irises are free now. I was hoping that we'd reached the end of the "store settling" era.

Odd, there is no # for me. I roll over the button and it's the same. No #.

The issue was that the button linked to the page with the PCFAD from the weekend until the store was finished settling down.  Now the button links to the right page.

And I'm not sure what the # sign is, but it appears on the link for the BYOB page for me, too.  I was testing other BYOBs links to see if they would secretly mix and match, and the links worked when I replaced the number but left the #.

Except that I checked it before I contacted Daz, so I don't have an explanation. Neither of them had the # for me. Perhaps a cache issue?

End of the day, the button is working, so I think the # is an irrelevant issue...playing around, I'm seeing the # slip into the address when I go to a later page in the category, and then come back to the first page.

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287
    L'Adair said:

We've run out of room in the previous sales thread, so here's a new one. Hopefully this one will last through the end of the year!
    laugh

8 days later and we've hit page 100. lol Wonder if that's a record. :P

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,739

You guys crack me up!

• XelloszXellosz Posts: 742
    edited November 2020

I don't know I have high hopes. Using a test server would have been cheaper... 

ps: 

https://www.daz3d.com/byob-2 ; ???     Shouldn't it be https://www.daz3d.com/byob-1X ; ???

Same with 

https://www.daz3d.com/platinum-club-anniversary-2020-mega-pack-1

https://www.daz3d.com/platinum-club-anniversary-2020-bundle-1

https://www.daz3d.com/platinum-club-anniversary-2020-bundle-2

These are the old ones not the new week. :)

Post edited by Chohole on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    3Diva said:
    L'Adair said:

We've run out of room in the previous sales thread, so here's a new one. Hopefully this one will last through the end of the year!
    laugh

Actually, she says pedantically,  It is a month and 8 days.

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,409
    edited November 2020

Working for me.

But Cris, doesn't it say 'get three items FOR FREE' and not like, 'reduced to 0,33'? Because it's doing the same thing in my cart right now. So it doesn't seem to be working properly yet if I understand the advertisement correctly.

Screenshot_2020-11-09 Daz 3D 3D Models and 3D Software by Daz 3D(4).png
    1894 x 927 - 286K
    Post edited by tsroemi on
  • tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,409

Oops no, sorry, my mistake! Just re-read the sale and am seeing that it say 'three for 1 buck'. So that's all fine, sorry again!

• jjmainor said:
    xyer0 said:

Working for me.

Where do you even see those choices? When I click to see the “legacy” items it goes to yesterday’s PCFAD items and the coupon doesn’t work. 

Link at top of page. Took me there. https://www.daz3d.com/legacy-grab-bag

OK. The problem was that the link was incorrect, and it took me to PFAD products.

The Irises are free now. I was hoping that we'd reached the end of the "store settling" era.

Odd, there is no # for me. I roll over the button and it's the same. No #.

The issue was that the button linked to the page with the PCFAD from the weekend until the store was finished settling down.  Now the button links to the right page.

And I'm not sure what the # sign is, but it appears on the link for the BYOB page for me, too.  I was testing other BYOBs links to see if they would secretly mix and match, and the links worked when I replaced the number but left the #.

tsroemi said:

Oops no, sorry, my mistake! Just re-read the sale and am seeing that it say 'three for 1 buck'. So that's all fine, sorry again!

NP. I went back to reread to make sure.

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287
    Chohole said:
    3Diva said:
    L'Adair said:

laugh

Oops! You're right! :) Still five weeks, that's also pretty quick to fill a 100-page thread. Particularly since it looks like the last 45 or so pages were filled up in the past 8 days. lol It's good though. I think the time to worry would be if people were to stop commenting. wink

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited November 2020

I think the person who starts these threads better monitor this one and have the next thread ready, as I'm sure this page is going to go flying by devil  I mean, it is a new day and another opportunity for the store to present a challenge to buyers.

Post edited by Novica on
  • scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,321
    scorpio said:
    3Diva said:
    L'Adair said:

laugh

A record of what - complete incompetence, how far can you push your customers before they leave for good, how not to release a new store site? 

I am thinking about using the DAZ store upgrade as an example for my customers - how you should NOT do testing. 

LOL

• 3Diva said:
    Chohole said:
    3Diva said:
    L'Adair said:

laugh

Oops! You're right! :) Still five weeks, that's also pretty quick to fill a 100-page thread. Particularly since it looks like the last 45 or so pages were filled up in the past 8 days. lol It's good though. I think the time to worry would be if people were to stop commenting. wink

Actually not.  If people quit commenting it may mean that everything is fixed. yes

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,739
    3Diva said:
    Chohole said:
    3Diva said:
    L'Adair said:

laugh

Actually not.  If people quit commenting it may mean that everything is fixed. yes

But which is more probable?

• AllenArt said:
    Leana said:
    ramasters said:

scorpio said:

Its supposedly a new store, why is it already a mess, why was it released this way?

My sentiments exactly.

Laurie

Pretty sure if they'd started the store from scratch with the new software it wouldn't be having half these issues. Porting over databases from a store software that was tempermental and broken can not have been easy, and I'd expect some of the issues arose from issues in the old store databases.

No tech here, but I did work for the largest insurance company in the U.S. when they migrated and integrated old software with new- it was such a total disaster we were taking claims on paper!!!!! On paper in 2018!! Unheard of ( and nobody knew how to do it either)

• Artist missing on the new hair, but it looks to be outoftouch. Outoftouch store not on sale either.
  • firewardenfirewarden Posts: 1,456
    edited November 2020

My husband is a director in IT, my daughter works in IT, and I used to work in IT myself. Yes, there are errors in any migration, but if it is tested vigorously in a duplicated-from-real-data test environment, errors should be minimal. I cannot fathom any type of testing where the amount and type of errors demonstrated here would not have been detected.

Post edited by firewarden on
  • memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,779

Does anyone know who is responsible for 'Required Products' on a sales page? I don't know if it is an issue of the new store problems or something else. I have been finding it missing on new items, with one exception in the past few days, but also now on old, old items that the body of text refers to the item being a texture pack for a product but a search of the store is not clear if I can found it or it is gone from the store. That link was invaluable for seeing if I own it already or going right to it to purchase it.

If it is known and being worked on by Daz or Ati, is all I am interested in. 

• gniiialgniiial Posts: 204
    gniiial said:

Ähhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... i need a medic cryinglaugh

I discovered something odd here, really really really odd... Something one could "misuse" to snatch prices down below 40 cents... coolangel 
    Is there someone to talk to personally?! 

Send me a PM please, with the steps to trigger.

Was a little late, but now you got one. I hope i could describe "for today" what went wrong yesterday too... wink

• gniiialgniiial Posts: 204

Working for me.

Qustion: Is it multiple times possible to use the code or just once?! (you may think about clearing this up like you clear up when it's only once usable, by writing it below... would help a lot)

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,477

the daily gamble starts. Will it work or not? Place your bets. 

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,743
    edited November 2020

Does anyone know who is responsible for 'Required Products' on a sales page? I don't know if it is an issue of the new store problems or something else. I have been finding it missing on new items, with one exception in the past few days, but also now on old, old items that the body of text refers to the item being a texture pack for a product but a search of the store is not clear if I can found it or it is gone from the store. That link was invaluable for seeing if I own it already or going right to it to purchase it.

If it is known and being worked on by Daz or Ati, is all I am interested in. 

In the old store the Required Products field (on pages that had one) might mysteriously disappear and then come back again, sometimes within minutes.  No one ever found out why, but hopefully it will be fixed in the new store.

req_prod_disappear3.png
    478 x 446 - 51K
    Post edited by Taoz on
  • daveso said:

the daily gamble starts. Will it work or not? Place your bets. 

The bookies in Vegas wouldn't even touch this

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,779

Thanks Taoz. I took a chance and bought a texture set, https://www.daz3d.com/the-guardian-of-the-scales, and it refered to "16 Daz Studio Materials for the Egyptian Style outfit." on the Product Page, but a search in the store didn't come up with it. I found something that looks close to it, https://www.daz3d.com/anubis, and I have wishlisted it. 

Thanks Taoz. I took a chance and bought a texture set, https://www.daz3d.com/the-guardian-of-the-scales, and it refered to "16 Daz Studio Materials for the Egyptian Style outfit." on the Product Page, but a search in the store didn't come up with it. I found something that looks close to it, https://www.daz3d.com/anubis, and I have wishlisted it. 

Yes, that would be the outfit those materials are for. It should be listed as required product.

I wonder if that could be linked to the order in which products were set active in the store, for example the add-on is "activated" before the required product so the required product link can't be added.

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,743
    edited November 2020
    Leana said:

Yes, that would be the outfit those materials are for. It should be listed as required product.

It was in the old store, when I collected the product page data last year:

guardian_of_scales.png
    630 x 294 - 25K
    Post edited by Taoz on
    Taoz said:
    Leana said:

It was in the old store, when I collected the product page data last year:

Yes, it was. some links seem to have been lost during migration.

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,086

I bought the tutorial series How to Make your own Comic.

This is not a complaint about the tutorial series content or presenter.

The download is typical of tutorials in that it is a series of MP4 files.  Some, but not all, of the MP4s play on my default Windows Movies TV app.  Others are giving me a missing Codec error that says the codec must be bought through the Windows store.  

Daz, what are you doing?  Why format some MP4s to work with default MP4 player, but not all?

angry

This discussion has been closed.