"There's Always Another Sale™" Sales thread: Report Issues Here

L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
edited February 2021 in The Commons

Well, that didn't take long, what with the PC Anniversary Sale and the site migration! Time for a new "Sales" thread.

And of course, you can find the previous thread here.

Post edited by L'Adair on

Comments

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,422

I'll start. I have nothing to report. Yet. 

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    daveso said:

I'll start. I have nothing to report. Yet. 

LOL

Thank you, @daveso!

• Posting just to get notifications no star on-page to click on to subscribe to thread

• Cora ReginaCora Regina Posts: 731
    edited November 2020

Posting just to get notifications no star on-page to click on to subscribe to thread

ETA: I stand corrected, it's not showing up for me at all in Chrome on my PC, but in Firefox I can get what's shown below. In Chrome on my Mac, meanwhile, I get what looks like an unchecked tickbox that I can click on where the bookmark star should be. Huh.

It's there, it just doesn't look like one at the moment and can be really hard to see. (Also already a known rollout problem.)

It does turn orange if you manage to spot and click on it.

Same with the gear icons for editing posts, forum settings, etc.

Post edited by Cora Regina on
  • doubledeviantdoubledeviant Posts: 1,024
    edited November 2020
    Jack mentioned that BYOB and Category Sales were intended to be catch-up sets this week, each combining two of the previous sets (so 1 and 2 today, 3 and 4 tomorrow, etc).

And right before I went to sleep, Category Sales had been fixed and was showing the combined selections of Category Sales 1 and 2.

But now it's back to showing only Category 2. Any chance of fixing it (again) before turnover?
    Post edited by doubledeviant on
  • For some reason there is no "Gift Card" field on my check out. Anybody else experiencing this? (Mon. Nov. 9 @ 9:50pm EST)

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,010
    edited November 2020

For some reason there is no "Gift Card" field on my check out. Anybody else experiencing this? (Mon. Nov. 9 @ 9:50pm EST)

Now we need to claim the gift card having it apply to Store Credit. [when it vanishes from the claiming box it's in Store Credit]. Then use Store Credit for shopping.

Post edited by Catherine3678ab on
  • jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

What is it that is causing the "download failed" in DIM? is it a server thing that is being worked on?

• They found TOA Ryder for G3F :-) Downloads work, thank you.

• genarisgenaris Posts: 313

Does anyone here have any info on when the GALLERIES might return, and whether they will be re-populated with all the old content?   
    I KNOW, I know, galleries aren't a high priority compared to the store, so....  Still, I'm a bit hamstrung when shopping because some product promos aren't very good at selling the product or showing different views imho, and when on the fence about a product, I click the little "gallery entries" link (this may be via the ATI DazDeals plugin?) to see images in the galleries using the products--seeing the product deployed in the wild quite often helps crystallize my buy/don't buy decision.  Obviously new(er) products aren't  as well represented in the galleries as the older items, but even on day 1, i've commonly seen posts where images with new releases start showing up in the gallery posted by 1st day buyers. 
      ~Gen

• Cora ReginaCora Regina Posts: 731
    edited November 2020
    genaris said:

Does anyone here have any info on when the GALLERIES might return, and whether they will be re-populated with all the old content?   
    I KNOW, I know, galleries aren't a high priority compared to the store, so....  Still, I'm a bit hamstrung when shopping because some product promos aren't very good at selling the product or showing different views imho, and when on the fence about a product, I click the little "gallery entries" link (this may be via the ATI DazDeals plugin?) to see images in the galleries using the products--seeing the product deployed in the wild quite often helps crystallize my buy/don't buy decision.  Obviously new(er) products aren't  as well represented in the galleries as the older items, but even on day 1, i've commonly seen posts where images with new releases start showing up in the gallery posted by 1st day buyers. 
      ~Gen

According to @DAZ_Rawb yesterday, in a different thread:

All of the existing gallery data should be brought over automatically.

Getting the galleries back up and going is still a few weeks out though.

Post edited by Cora Regina on

Yes, that and the forum links are from the browser add on plugin, not from daz. I miss them too as seeing the galleries always helped me decide whether to buy or not. But the galleries are low on the list of priorities to be fixed.  

genaris said:

~Gen

• LosingSignalLosingSignal Posts: 409
    edited November 2020

I think someone mentioned this in the previous thread, and it might just be that the bundles are catch-ups this week as well, but is the PC+ Anniversary Mega Pack supposed to be "1" this week, rather than some higher number (like "5" or "6")?

Post edited by LosingSignal on
  • Perhaps the store just needs to catch-up after roll-over ... but I am not seeing any new PC+ items released today. Is this correct?

• gniiialgniiial Posts: 204
    edited November 2020

I think someone mentioned this in the previous thread, and it might just be that the bundles are catch-ups this week as well, but is the PC+ Anniversary Mega Pack supposed to be "1" this week, rather than some higher number (like "5" or "6")?

It started with the new week, that these packs are back to square 1. My guess would be that this is intented to give people the opportunity to buy these ones, since they missed them at the beginning? We were already at 10, so there are 10 sets. 

I don't know why, but it seems the Friends of the Sale section get's "way to crowded". I mentioned in my thoughts about the bugs that somehow the sales should pause at some point, to make out what this behavior causes. I don't think the problem is solved and i don't think it's good to put out more and more sections, sales and FotS. Yesterday there where items in different sections and made it look like there is a bug happening. It needs hours to find out which ones are bugs and which one are sales this way and i don't really understand what DAZ is trying to do. Get control over the situation, by just spamming the whole shop with hundreds of items with a discount on it to mask the real errors happening?! frown
    It sure looks like it and I'm not a fan of it, neighter a fan of thousands of sale discounts, changing by the day, instead of maybe by the week - over the weekend. 

And don't get me wrong here. Maybe you work at the code for the script (what would explain why the gift cart part is missing atm, since it could make a difference for a bug), BUT if a mixture or different database entrys would cause the error, you will not get a grip on the real problem. This could be an explanation why the old AND the new shop system seems to show us the exact same behavior with the sale bugs. Finding similarities is harder with these "sale and friends for a sale spam" situation. 

Post edited by gniiial on

The "Mega Packs" are the free ones. And yes, I think it was mentioned they were being recycled as the freebies.  

gniiial said:

It started with the new week, that these packs are back to square 1. My guess would be that this is intented to give people the opportunity to buy these ones, since they missed them at the beginning? We were already at 10, so there are 10 sets. 

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,724
    jakiblue said:

What is it that is causing the "download failed" in DIM? is it a server thing that is being worked on?

I'm sure it is but when it will be fixed is the question.  You may eventually be able to get the failed files by trying again and again, so far it has worked for all those I've tried with (about 10) but sometimes it takes up to 30 tries or more.  I've been downloading for 40 hours now, currently I have about 260 failed files out of 11.500+ downloaded.  Not a single timeout during those 40 hours however so download as such is very stable, even here in Europe.

• Tonight's Mega Pack is Pack 2.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,133

It is generous of Daz to give the megapacks away free again, for people who might have missed them.

• I suppose at this point it is also worth mentioning that the BYOB is still on #2 ... I think from other threads the expectation is #s 3 and 4 today.

• The 20% off the whole cart does not yet work. I have both https://www.daz3d.com/carra-for-genesis-8-female and https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-frida-viking-outfit-for-genesis-8-female as debut new item in the cart, plus a set of PFAD and Category sales items. I do get an extra discount of only 10% on the new itens, though.

• NathNath Posts: 2,713

The 20% off the whole cart does not yet work. I have both https://www.daz3d.com/carra-for-genesis-8-female and https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-frida-viking-outfit-for-genesis-8-female as debut new item in the cart, plus a set of PFAD and Category sales items. I do get an extra discount of only 10% on the new itens, though.

It worked before, my cart just went up in price by several dollars.

• I suppose at this point it is also worth mentioning that the BYOB is still on #2 ... I think from other threads the expectation is #s 3 and 4 today.

BYOB 2 is the correct one for tonight.

Yea.. expectation vs reality.. I think Daz are concentrating on the store stuff so it seems BYOB 2 is still there, but I'm not sure if stuff has actually been added to that category 

• Nath said:

The 20% off the whole cart does not yet work. I have both https://www.daz3d.com/carra-for-genesis-8-female and https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-frida-viking-outfit-for-genesis-8-female as debut new item in the cart, plus a set of PFAD and Category sales items. I do get an extra discount of only 10% on the new itens, though.

Ok, I think I found the reason. The 20% ARE appkied to the cart (I added a couple of Friends of the sale items from my whishlist to the cart, and they get properly discounted).

The source issue is incorrect discounting on the debut items. They are only showing the 30% standard discount, not the 15% extra for PC+ members. usually, such items end up in my cart with 45% or more discount.

• NathNath Posts: 2,713
    Nath said:

Ok, I think I found the reason. The 20% ARE appkied to the cart (I added a couple of Friends of the sale items from my whishlist to the cart, and they get properly discounted).

The source issue is incorrect discounting on the debut items. They are only showing the 30% standard discount, not the 15% extra for PC+ members. usually, such items end up in my cart with 45% or more discount.

You're right - and I'll just wait for it to be fixed.

Yea.. expectation vs reality.. I think Daz are concentrating on the store stuff so it seems BYOB 2 is still there, but I'm not sure if stuff has actually been added to that category 

I don't see any PC+ items in today's debut new releases. Should there be any? If so, could they please be added

I don't see any PC+ items in today's debut new releases. Should there be any? If so, could they please be added

It should be Pia HD, but that went out yesterday.. so is in 'Still New'.. so technically it's correct

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,314
    edited November 2020

I suppose at this point it is also worth mentioning that the BYOB is still on #2 ... I think from other threads the expectation is #s 3 and 4 today.

It should be Pia HD, but that went out yesterday.. so is in 'Still New'.. so technically it's correct

Sad. Now there are no inexpensive items to trigger the extra 20% off my order. crying

I guess I'll have to pass on getting a big order with a bunch of "Friends of the Sale" items and just pick up a few PC for A Day things Oh well, saving money for another day

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301

On the sale page, Carra has what's probably the wrong thumbnail image.

This discussion has been closed.